Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: The Gories perform NYE @ The Magic Stick in downtown Detroit!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 19, 2013 12:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool. Magic Stick is a great venue. At least , it was , when I WENT THERE 16 YEARS AGO TO SEE ? AND tHE MYSTERIANS.

THE GORIES , BARELY NOTICED IN THEIR HEYDAY , HAVE A NEW LEASE ON LIFE.......AND THEY'RE STILL LIKE BIG KIDS WHEN THE ACTIVATE WONDER TRIPLET POWERS TO BECOME THE GORIES , AGAIN. IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE A MASTER PLAN , OTHER THAN TO PLAY ROCK 'N'ROLL , LIKE IT'S THEIR FIRST AND LAST GIG , YOU ARE A FOOL.

• December 20, 2013 3:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i just saw the new live album from Third Man. Apparently , it was from their very first show.....There's several "Back From The Grave" songs (But no "Ya Ha Be Be" , alas.). THEY WERE SO INNOCENT , THEY DID'NT EVEN START WITH PEBBLES , NUGGETS , ETC . , THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO BFTG ,  swearing they were'nt aware of any previous comps. Someone said in "Detroit Rock City" , "I don't relate to this Garage Punk stuff ! I don't even OWN a denim jacket !".....I never thought od Garage Punk/Rock being a uniform or a fashion. When I got my first denim jacket , in about 1974 , The Standells were only reforming for the first time !! I've been wearin' 'em ever since , partly because , in the 80's , I did'nt have $300 FOR A LEATHER JACKET.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel