Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Cramps Tribute Show in Minnepolis March 8th!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 24, 2014 12:49 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have a great show. The Dyes , with Matt McVader , do a couple of Cramps shows a year in Chicago.

I'd love to do one , but, there's not enough support , here , to do a big show with several acts .

• March 2, 2014 6:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks John!
      We played the Cramps Tribute last year and had a blast!  We are stoked to be on the bill again this year!
      There is also an annual Ramones tribute thas is also very cool!  The challenge here is too many bands want to play it!
      John Battles said:

Have a great show. The Dyes , with Matt McVader , do a couple of Cramps shows a year in Chicago.

I'd love to do one , but, there's not enough support , here , to do a big show with several acts .

• March 3, 2014 3:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's very cool. Chicago is a big city , too , they tell me . As far as DJ nights go , there's been one "Cramps Night" and maybe two "Ramones Nights" (Barring the Sire - sponsored one where The DJ refused to play any Ramones.) since I moved here , and Dee Dee was still in The Ramones , and Lux's death was only a rumor (Started by Joey Ramone.).

Retraction : There was one Lux Memorial night , when there should have been several , and one Joey Ramone Memorial night , hosted by Don Hedeker and myself. AGAIN , SHOULD HAVE BEEN SEVERAL. But , over 25+ years , that is'nt much. I did see a Hallowe'en Cramps tribute band , once ,  but , The  Dyes and Matt McVader are MUCH better..... One club did a "Cramps night" in about 89 or 90 , all the DJ did was cue up a copy of "Psychedelic Jungle" , play a song , then play a song from The Dolls' second album. Repeat. Repeat.  I love both those album , even tho' most people don't seem to even like "Too Much , Too Soon", but ,I could have stayed home and did that.   I played on a Ramones tribute night , a benefit for the Leukemia/Lymphoma association. I can NOT put down anyone who played , for doing that , all were  good , but , most of them did the same seven songs , when I was knocking myself out learning lesser known Ramones songs , and songs associated with them.  It was fun , and for a good cause. Still , I went on first , and no one but the five people in the room , then , thought it mattered to show up on time. IT WAS'NT MY EGO. i WANTED TO ENTERTAIN PEOPLE.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel