Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: NOT THE DEVIL DOGS 2012

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 17, 2012 12:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello All,
      My name is Andy G.--some of you may know me from the Devil Dogs, Los Primos & The Roller Kings. Some of you maybe from even before that.
      Anyway, I'm not here to promote anything. On the contrary--I'm here delivering a Buyer Beware. It's mostly directed towards European fans, but anyone who likes The Devil Dogs may be interested.
      By now, some of you may have heard "rumors" that there would be a Devil Dogs Reunion Tour in the fall, with dates in Spain & France. This is not entirely true. Former members of the band together with a former producer are getting together to play. I will not be part of this tour. It was already being booked before I was notified.
      It's my opinion, and I know I'm not alone here, that The Devil Dogs is Me & Steve Baise (bass, vocals) since the band's inception in 1989. Period. If one of us isn't there, it's not The Devil Dogs. And so, if one of us isn't there, it can't be a "reunion". I would never try to pass off something that didn't include Steve as the Devil Dogs, regardless of how I feel about the guy. And I told him so.
      Disappointingly, it seems the 'band' and their agents disagree.
      I have asked them not to call their band "The Devil Dogs", or use the word "reunion". Though they have recently changed the name to THE DEVIL DOS-G (uhhh... ?), there are numerous places where the shows are already (and STILL) being promoted as "The Devil Dogs" or a "Devil Dogs Reunion" (and I have now seen "The Devil Dogs-G" too), using old band pictures and youtube videos with me. Over the last few months I've repeatedly asked them to change it, to no avail. All the advertising I have seen says "The Devil Dogs".
      Mind you, I'm not against them playing together, that's not the issue. If they want to play together, more power to 'em. My only objection is to them trying to push this as "The Devil Dogs" or a "Devil Dogs Reunion". It's not right. And calling it that is dishonest and disrespectful, to the fans and to the legacy of the band. And to me.    
      And so--Buyer Beware:
      Before you buy your tickets, please be informed that the band that is touring in Spain and France this October/November is NOT the Devil Dogs. Despite any advertising you see that implies anything else--I will NOT be playing, and that is NOT "The Devil Dogs". Pass it on.
      And I just gotta say heartfelt 'Thanks' to my friends, family and true Devil Dogs fans for their encouragement and support--you know who you are. Extended 'Thanks' and appreciation also to those prospective promoters/venues who had the intellect & common sense to not get involved.
      Don't take any wooden nickels.
      Thanks for reading.
      --AndyG,
      (founding member, singer-songwriter-guitarist of THE DEVIL DOGS, 1989-1994)
    • September 22, 2012 9:57 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I saw you at The Court Tavern in New Brunswick, NJ in the early 90's. Those were the good old days.

• September 22, 2012 8:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

At least in Spain, the name of the band is going to be "The Devil Dogs -G", and in the posters are the name of the members (Steve Baise, Mighty Joe & Mike Mariconda).

Of course, i would prefer to see again the Devil Dogs (one of my favourite bands ever) with Andy, but i prefer seing them with Mike than not seeing them.
    • September 20, 2012 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HMMMM.....How did he know that I am The Gentleman?   Just because I put the toilet seat down when I'm at a lady's house?.....and then I piss all over it ?

Cascarita said:

Kopper--no really, Thank YOU.

Gentleman John Battles--Howdy!, and thanks.

Thanks everybody--I appreciate it more than you know.

• September 20, 2012 10:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow ... that's just wrong.

• September 20, 2012 3:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As Tony Orlando (and the Devil Dogs) would say, "Bless You."

Fuck the Phony Dogs

• September 18, 2012 9:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kopper--no really, Thank YOU.

Gentleman John Battles--Howdy!, and thanks.

Thanks everybody--I appreciate it more than you know.

• September 18, 2012 7:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm with you ,Andy. You should be just as able to tour with a competing version of The Devil Dogs , but you've made it clear you would'nt do that.  I met you several years ago when you were in Chicago with The Roller Kings. So......."Hey".

Dammitdave : I know what you mean about From The Jam , but , they are (Or were , when I saw them.) a three piece , Foxton , Buckler and a younger guy who had more than one person saying "Paul WHO?''. I WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN THE JAM , THEN , AND I ONLY MISSED THEM BY A COUPLE OF MONTHS , BEFORE THEY BROKE UP , IN THE MIDDLE OF A  U.S. AND CANADIAN TOUR.  BUT , WELLER , TODAY , I'VE GOT NO INTEREST IN HIM ......

IT WAS A BIZARRE PREMISE , TO SAY THE LEAST , BUT , THEY WERE'NT PRETENDING TO BE THE JAM , AND THEY SOUNDED GREAT.    IT'D BE JUST AS WELL IF THEY CALLED IT "BRUCE FOXTON'S JAM" , ESPECIALLY NOW , AS HE'S THE ONLY REMAINING ORIGINAL MEMBER.

• September 18, 2012 5:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Reminds me of Wellerless Jam (From Wikipedia):

"In February 2007, Foxton and Buckler announced they would be touring again as From The Jam, with members of Buckler's Jam tribute band The Gift."

• September 18, 2012 2:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Official or not The Devil Dogs are one of my favorite bands of all time.

• September 18, 2012 5:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

The Devil Dogs without Andy G? Nah. 

I suggest they change their name to The Devil Doggz. Make themselves rad for todays youth.

• September 17, 2012 1:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks andy!

• September 17, 2012 9:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Welcome to the Hideout, Andy, and thanks a lot for posting this! Buyer beware indeed!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel