Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: New Cramps re-issues on Vengeance

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 20, 2014 2:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Vengeance are re-issuing the Cramps albums with new artwork for Stay Sick and Fiends Of Dope Island.

Still no sign of the promised 'Gravest Gravy' and boxset vinyl edition of 'How To Make A Monster' though.

Check out the blog for more info: Trash, Garage Garbage and Other Delights

• September 20, 2014 7:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know...Stay Sick has some pretty sexy artwork! Hope they look as good.

• September 20, 2014 7:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's the new cover.............I always have problems posting anything other than text on here so hope it comes through ok.

6550351672200_main.jpg (104.44 Kb)
    • September 20, 2014 11:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Very nice! Dig it.

• September 20, 2014 2:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It looks great , Darren. I have to wonder , why a new cover , unless Ivy just wanted to give fans something different? ....It's not like the original cover was overly revealing by 90's butt floss - wearing standards.

It also does'nt exactly look like Ivy , from the neck down. She almost looks like a less top - heavy Tempest Storm , not a damn thing wrong with that , but , Ivy's actually very well - toned , but less voluptuous in appearance. Don't get me wrong , I was fortunate enough to have met her. She's stunning.  

I do like the cover , it reminds me of how much better an alternate sleeve for "Rockin' Reelin' Auckland NZ"with the "Get off The Road" pic of Ivy on a bike would have looked.  When I bought the CD , years after getting the LP , THAT PICTURE WAS IN THE CD PACKET , SO i TURNED IT AROUND , SO THAT WOULD BE THE "Alternate cover". Nothing against the original sleeve , it was designed to look like the bootlegs of the day....

A lot of people thought it WAS a bootleg , until word got out that The Cramps had reinstated the Vengeance label.

• September 20, 2014 3:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey John,

totally get the Tempest Storm comparison, I'm guessing that (as far as I'm aware) as there aren't any extra tracks or coloured vinyl editions that Ivy sanctioned a raunchier cover by way of a compromise....Fiends Of Dope Island is being re-issued with a Monochrome cover, a bit like the B&W French edition of Off The Bone.....what was more interesting and so tantalising by it's absence is a re-issue of How To Make a Monster as it's been rumoured for a couple of years now that this is going to be released as a four album box set !!! so here's hoping for that !

The other prospect being the oft announced 'Gravest Gravy', the full session, never before released, not even on a dodgy boot, all bells and whistles, complete Gravest Hits !!!  Now that really would be christmas coming early !

• September 21, 2014 3:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....Darren , I could be mistaken. But , I'm giad you picked up on my Tempest theory. I only learned , recently , that she's still alive. I saw her obituary about 10 years ago. Woooooo ooooooo.

It's possible that Ivy does'nt want to release any unseen girlie photos of herself , as those pics were all taken by Lux. I don't know.  In reality , that's her decision , either way , and I respect that. I could be dead wrong about that , too , but , somehow , that picture does'nt seem to be her.

Yeah , a "How To Make a Monster" LP set would be the bomb. Slap some covers on there that never turn up , like "My Flash On You" , "Hungry", "You're Gonna Miss Me", etc.

Wow , a complete , expanded "Gravest Hits" , MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come what may , I'm glad this stuff is coming out , that which we know is coming out , and it can't hurt to hope for the rest....... 

• September 21, 2014 3:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.....And , I'm not ruling out "Beat on The Brat" and "Two Headed Dog" as possibly still existing on tape , either.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel