Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Nazi Hipsters: When neo-nazis go Nathan Barley!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 2, 2014 4:00 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I love Hipster Hitler, but could it get any stranger than this, or more comical (unless you believe reality has eclipsed satire)?

What would White Power synth pop or indie rock sound like?

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/heil-hipster-the-young-neo-nazis-trying-to-put-a-stylish-face-on-hate-20140623
    • November 3, 2014 1:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Chris , I read most of the article...To be honest , it did'nt shock or amuse me. Hate music has been crossing over into more genres than Xian Rock (Not making a direct comparison between the two.) .

I think White Power Synth Pop or Indie Rock would be like a double decker shit sandwich. Two kinds of shit , all they need , now ,  is bread .

• November 3, 2014 6:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Chris , I read most of the article...To be honest , it did'nt shock or amuse me. Hate music has been crossing over into more genres than Xian Rock (Not making a direct comparison between the two.) .

I think White Power Synth Pop or Indie Rock would be like a double decker shit sandwich. Two kinds of shit , all they need , now ,  is bread .

I read the article and found it confusing that hate music is crossing into genres that were terra incognita a few years ago. Confusing because I noticed that there were genres that would be anathema, but it shows how hypocritical they are, I guess.
    • November 3, 2014 9:18 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Chris , Well , I've been reading  , and seeing on TV , about this new trend toward trying to make the movement more accessible to more sheeple (As Thorazine called 'em.). But , you have a point , and I did'nt mean to discount it.   It could , on the surface , be percieved as funny odd and funny ha - ha to actually hear some of this seemingly contradictory genre splicing , 

• November 4, 2014 1:11 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Chris , Well , I've been reading  , and seeing on TV , about this new trend toward trying to make the movement more accessible to more sheeple (As Thorazine called 'em.). But , you have a point , and I did'nt mean to discount it.   It could , on the surface , be percieved as funny odd and funny ha - ha to actually hear some of this seemingly contradictory genre splicing , 

I know there is white power folk, country and western, rockabilly, punk and heavy metal, but what is the most unlikely you have come across?
    • November 4, 2014 12:39 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hmmmm....I have'nt studied it enough to give you an informed answer , really , except that I know the group , Prussian Blue , is very big , and they're far more  Pop - oriented. I only heard a bit of them in a documentary.

It's sort of odd that there's White Supremacist Rockabilly , as Rockabilly was born out of a love by Southern White (mostly) males for Black culture. It was about being an individual , not part of a herd , and that was like wearing a big sign that read "BEAT MY ASS !!".

I left Dallas before the (neo - Nazi) skinheads more or less dispersed , or got into other things . I hear that some of them got into Rockabilly , much later , because it was White and Southern. Some of the ex - Punk Rockabilly guys  in Dallas were pretty racist , too , but , I think most people saw the blatant contradiction.

But , Rockabilly music was always , pretty much , apolitical , neither left nor right - leaning.     I don't think there were any blatantly racist 'billy bands in Dallas in the late 80's and 90's , but , I was'nt around. I knew several of the musicians , none of them seemed that way to me. Just songs about cars and girls . A wella wella wella , uh baby , baby  baby.....  

• November 24, 2014 5:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I heard Prussian Blue became Liberals.
    • November 24, 2014 12:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know. It's possible . I saw them in that documentary , read a bit about 'em. George Wallace atoned before he died , but , I don't know how many pople took him seriously. Some artists were accused of having far - right leanings without substantial proof. Like the guy in Afflicted Man , he was accused of being a National Front sympathizer.  Madness were even courted by NF members . White guys playing a (Very White.) take on Black music . Tied in , of course , with Two- Tone and Rock Against Racism.   

" If someone thinks I'm Adolph Hitler reborn , fuck 'em. If beating  people up and calling it dancing is Left - Wing , then I guess I'm Right - Wing.  " Lemmy.

• November 25, 2014 7:17 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I don't think I've heard of Afflicted Man, who were they?
    • November 25, 2014 6:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I forget the guy's name....English fellow , put out some albums under the name of The Afflicted Man and The Affected , I want to say from about '79 , into the 80's , perhaps beyond. I Don't think he ever had an official band , just a revolving cast of supporting musicians. 

There was an article about him in Black To Comm , several years ago. I have'nt seen it in a long time. But , I heard one of his albums , recently. It did'nt do much for me. A lot like  a less - accomplished PIL at their most Dub - laden.     IT WAS'NT BAD , IT JUST WAS'NT MY THING. The record sleeve described the music as "Hippie Punk" , MANY years before such a genre phrase was in wide circulation.  I sort of doubt he'd have ties to The National Front if he fancied himself an 'ippie. The accusations don't seem grounded at all. The music , reportedly , bore a Deviants influence , before it was hip.

THERE'S PROBABLY MORE INFO ABOUT AFFLICTED MAN/ AFFECTED on line. Just part of the early Post - Punk generation , when it seemed like anything was possible. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel