Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Chicago 9/7-9/8 shows/venues/suggestions??

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 3, 2012 2:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey everyone! I live in Omaha, NE and will be visiting Chicago on Friday 9-7 and will be leaving Sunday morning 9-9. Just wondering if there are any awesome shows going on that weekend, or any other bars/venues/sandwich or pizza shops I should check out. This will be my first time in Chicago, so any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks!

Kevin

• September 7, 2012 7:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey , Kevin. I'm just now seeing this for the fiirst time , or I'd have replied sooner. But , if you have any questions , feel free to contact me here. Saturday night , The Polkaholics are playing at Lincoln Square Lanes. LSL is a great old school bowling alley , with a great old school bar. There's even a few old pinball machines . The Polkaholics are hilarious, drunken, but actually tight , punk rock polka .None of that "You've got to sound like ASS or it's not Punk" nonsense. iT'S FREE, SO IS THE NEARBY gERMAN fEST (LINCOLN SQUARE , LINCOLN AVE. ,BETWEEN LAWRENCE AND WILSON.The bowling alley is a little bit North of Lawrence /Lincoln , on Western , one block  west.

RECORDS!!!!!!! RECKLESS (3 LOCATIONS) , Laurie's Planet of Sound (aLSO IN LINCOLN SQ), SHAKE RATTLE 'N'READ (UPTOWN , LAWRENCE/BROADWAY , NOT TOO FAR FROM LINCOLN SQ.), DAVE'S RECORDS (CLARK , NEAR FULLERTON. ALSO CLOSE TO THE BELMONT/BROADWAY AREA RECKLESS.) , LOGAN HARDWARE ( FULLERTON , DUE WEST OF WESTERN.) , ROSCOE VILLAGE RECORDS (I THINK THAT'S THE NAME.NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED A FEW TIMES. IN THE "HISTORIC ROSCOE VILLAGE ,ROSCOR NEAR DAMEN.

Pizza ,well.......depends how you want it. My regular closed , recently....

• September 3, 2012 9:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Kevin,

Check out this site for house shows/basement shows and some clubs:

http://diychi.org/

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel