Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: John Kricfalusi

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 31, 2012 1:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

If John K didn't have a part in shaping your childhood, you missed out.

If you don't know him or quite remember him, he's the creator of Ren & Stimpy.... the twisted and hilarious cartoon that definitely stuck in my memory as the best thing to come out of the 90's. He re-invented cartoons, during a time everything on tv was bland and lifeless...ugly.

He didn't quite disappear though after Ren & Stimpy. He did the more mature spin-off "Ren & Stimpy : Adult Party Cartoon", and "The Ripping Friends" ..among other projects.

Anyways, he's pitching one of his ideas on Kickstarter.... hoping to raise money to make another cartoon, through the idea of having no networks involved. Its a George Liquor cartoon called "Can's Without Labels" ...i would explain more about it, but he does a pretty damn good pitch about it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1056985656/john-ks-cans-without-labels

I was lucky enough to first meet him last December, while he was up here in Ottawa, Canada visiting his family. I also met the man George Liquor is heavily influenced by, John's dad (who John said was on his best behavior at the time...because i was surprised to find that he was actually a REALLY nice man)

Anyways, check it out! :)

here's his blog as well.. http://johnkstuff.blogspot.ca/

p.s. Are there any fans in here? I always hear mixed opinions on the guy... what do you guys think about the man and his work?

-Darcie-

• July 31, 2012 10:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

That's cool! I'm so happy to see guys like him harnessing the power of the web to create projects on their own terms. 

Mixed opinions? Regarding the man, his work or both? I had no idea.

I'm dying to know how it was that you got to hang out with John K *and* his Dad?!?

D.E.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel