Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Spring reverb software

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 8, 2012 6:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Do any of you musos know of really good spring reverb software plug-ins? Anything that comes even close to the real Fender Reverb Tank with the drip. I know that nothing can but just wondering if I could improve the fidelity of my guitar recordings by adding it in the mix in stereo rather than recording the pedal rev from the cabinet with a mic. Cheers. Winston.

• May 26, 2012 10:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Zaid, does it get anything like the Reverb Tank "drip"?

• May 21, 2012 3:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Winston you should also check out Softube's spring reverb,  i think they do a pretty great sounding plug in and I use it most of the time.

• May 20, 2012 2:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Winston,

sorry for the delay, family stuff as well! Can't quite remember which link, I have a Mac so it might be different one anyway. As for the band, we don't gig often, a few times a year, and tend to make it weekend away gigs, which are more enjoyable. Playing Liverpool soon at the Go Go cage, which is normally a great gig. Sounds a nice combination the jag and reverb tank, not sure I could sneak that past the missus! bye for now Pete

• May 15, 2012 3:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Peter. Sorry for the delayed reply, there's been some family illness which has thrown everything out of the window for the last week. Like the track & video, particularly the attention to detail in both. You're obviously a good engineer, great snare sound. I like the clean tone going into the fuzz tone on the Danelectro. I can't believe they are now £156.00 at Thomann, I want a green one! Trouble is if you buy up all the great affordable stuff there is out there you can't save up for the biggies. Right now I want a real reverb tank & a Marr Jaguar so much it hurts, oops that's £2100! Overloud sounds really interesting & affordable, I'm confused by different links to it, do you know which is the right one? Is your band gigging?

• May 9, 2012 4:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Winston,

Yeah I record my own band (The Sultones) and various other bands as well. I have a danelectro dead on 67 guitar, through fender deville combo, linked up to a wem copycat and ashbrite fuzz pedal. I have a number of audio interfaces including an art tubefire for band recording and apogee duet for other stuff, and a collection of nice mics. I would love to get a reel to reel one day, but use logic with my mac to record into. Nothing can emulate the fender 63 reverb tank, but the overloud does sound good to my ears, at least you could try it out first, liked your track by the way! check out my video on my page to get an idea of the stuff I do, cheers Pete

• May 9, 2012 3:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks Peter. 

Love the bold type! Thanks very much for this. I'm using a Tech21 Blonde character pedal with the tech 21 PE60 power combo with the pedalboard attached below. The reverb pedal for surf is the BossFRV1. I record with 2xAKG 414s through Focusrite pre's either Blumlein, XY pattern, omni close mic'd or cardioid 2' to any distance away depending on the mix I fancy. The recording fidelity is pretty good but would surely be better with the right reverb added at the mixing stage. I've attached one of my tunes for reference, it;s XY about 4' from the speaker Thanks for your advice, do you record yourself? Winston.

• May 9, 2012 3:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hail Winston!

If you just want a spring reverb per-se go for 

Overloud SpringAge vst/au, otherwise amplitube fender has a nifty fender reverb tank emulation, but you would have to get the whole package, what guitar set-up are you using? sorry for bold type, dunno what happened there?!!Overloud is good though, you can get a demo of it online, cheers Pete

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel