Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Reverb Pedal For Live Vocals and Good Lo-Fi Mic

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 28, 2012 5:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I really need to find a way to control the vocal reverb from the stage. In the past, I have used a reverb pedal but I can't remember what I was using. Any suggestions? I want a pedal; I don't want to go the asshole musician route and use a rack mount anything. The cheaper the better (like Electro Harmonix cheap).

Also want some lo fi trashy vocals. I have always used an old Shure bullet mic but just can't get the volume I need without it feeding back like a beast. Really need that trashy sound but the Shure is out. I'm thinking that maybe a pedal is the way to go with this as well, so I can maintain the volume without feedback (I have a DI box to connect to so it can easily go out to a PA). Maybe an overdrive? Any experience with these?

• April 30, 2012 3:27 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I'd be really interested in hearing what you can do with that Mic.

• April 29, 2012 8:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not a fan of the VE-20. It just sounds so digital and cold. You can use a DI box reversed to use pedals to correct the impedence. In the past I used a Roland space echo with a mic just plugged straight in with no issues. It's not necessary but it's not a bad idea. I actually got a great deal on one of these and am going with this:

http://www.placidaudio.com/the-copperphone/

Too expensive normally but I'm getting itfor more than half off in a trade. Today I ran vocals through a '65 Reverbrocket (mic'd through the PA) and ran the guitar through a '62 Reverbrocket. They looked cool as shit sitting together so I think that's what I'm going with. Also thought about running vocals through my Selmer Treble N Bass or a Royal Guardsmen (which is what I did when we recorded- reverb + a bit of trem + some fuzz = TRASH and AMAZING!!). I was trying to go small with pedals but nothing's going to sound as good as running through an amp so to hell with it. And speaking as a sound guy, I'd rather mic an amp anyway. It's extra gear but the sound is what's most important anyway. I'm willing to suffer!

• April 29, 2012 3:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Boss VE-20 vocal pedal  has reverb, delay & distortion effects (aswell as loads of other fancy features that you'd probably never use). But i don't know whether it'd sound as good as proper analogue stuff. Am i right in thinking that you need to use an impedence transformer adapter if you wanna plug a mic into guitar pedals?

• April 28, 2012 8:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As a fellow garagepunk-vocalist, I'm curious what turns up here too...I'm in the middle of tryin' a couple of vintage, trashy-soundin' mics to try & snag that wild sound without the overdrive/fuzz pedal rigamarole...but I can never get the right amount of reverb from any venue in my town, tho I don't know how any of the local soundmen will take it if I try & bring my own...

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel