Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Bibliodiscoteque

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 26, 2012 5:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Blues, punk, rockabilly soundtracks to your soon to be favorite books

Hard at work on scheduling the remander of the year, but here is a look at the month's ahead. Visit the show blog. 

April Releases -

Episode 25 - The Gentlemen's Hour - Don Winslow
      Surf! Punk! Violence!

Episode 26 - HATE! - Peter Bagge

May releases -

Episode 27 - Harlan Ellison vol. III - The Glass Teat

XXX#4 - ??? 
      XXX is a show in which I make soundtracks for exploitation and cult films that never were.

• September 17, 2012 9:43 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This November, Bibliodiscoteque will be hosting its first ever listener-generated show. 

*Here's how it will work:

1)Name the song you want, the band, and a particular version, and album. Punk, hardcore, blues, garage, soul...Its up to you!

2)If it gets chosen for the show I'll dedicate it, simply give you credit, or awkwardly pause in place of your name. If you want your real name, cool. If you want your GPPN moniker, that is cool, too. 

3)Since podcasts go for 60 minutes, I can only take so many songs. First come. First served.

Thanks!

• August 20, 2012 11:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

James Marrow's Shambling Towards Hiroshima - A tribute to B-Movie actors and a giant mutated lizard.

• April 27, 2012 2:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm not too sure what everyone else's process looks like. Mine involves lists. A ton of lists. 

I spend most of my free time listening to music on my commute to work (30 minutes) and writing them down. It's not really safe driving that way but its safer than golfing in a thunder storm. Those dozens of pieces of paper end up in my pant pockets and washed once in a warm/gentle rinse. Then my wife irons the pants (relax equal opportunists I cook and do all the dishes) =. Honestly I wouldn't wear clean clothes if I had to launder them. I fear the washing machine and have been at war with it for quite some time. The dryer is starting to switch allegiances, but only, I think, because they share an outlet. 

Once cleaned they accumulate on my dresser until I get pissed at myself for making a mess and transfer them to the W.B. Mason Yellow Legal pad. I don't use College Ruled because I don't really believe in in supporting something that wasn't true. On the W.B. Mason Yellow Legal Pad I create a set list and sketch the cover (Cover Creation to be discussed later). The monologues get notes and outlined as well. 

These, to be discussed later, tend to range from formal pieces to more ad libbed speeches. I try to connect the book as much as possible but have difficulty feeling like I'm saying too much (To this you are welcome to weigh in on).

I do this mainly because I love music and books. I made tapes as a kid. Lots of tapes. Mainly to people who hated my music that I wanted to convert. I saw myself as a musical John the Baptist. At least the living and converting part; I have no desire to be decapitated. 

And that is how I start the process. Next month I'll share the exciting world of shutting up cats and how much coffee is too much for podcasting. 

Rage Well,

Erik

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel