Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: How much would you pay for The Yo-Yos - Gotta find a new love?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 9, 2012 5:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How many copys have you seen lately?? Thank's... I need it :)

• April 14, 2012 8:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I hear you John, The $20 Hullabaloos 45 was musically disappointing, {I don't mind their Buddy Holly type stuff} but to find it in WV was. well, enough shock for me to splash out.

I feel sorry for my 2 year boy who now is my hunting companion on our day trips out of this  hicksville holler to the big ...lol city.  I fear for his future.  " Dadee, wecords, dance" and you are right, perseverance will get you something eventually.  Round here it is bluegrass/country gospel that is the main eyeball fodder.  Occasionally, I am so desperate for a vinyl fix that some religious atonal tripe comes home with this atheist, my wife's' eyes roll, "honey, I only spent 3 dollars on all these records and this one is worth 50 bucks.." "but you never sell them" " hummm, actually those records have payed rent in hard times"

Ana sorry for hijacking your topic xx

John Battles said:

That's funny ,now I have 6 bucks.....I don't believe in spending too much, Thebest stuff I've found was a dollar or less,.....BUT , that's because I look and look and look until Lester Young , Dinah Shore and Barbara Streisand are rolling around in my brain......A lot of people can't handle it , they jump ship. Amateurs, Good on youwit those finds.

• April 14, 2012 12:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's funny ,now I have 6 bucks.....I don't believe in spending too much, Thebest stuff I've found was a dollar or less,.....BUT , that's because I look and look and look until Lester Young , Dinah Shore and Barbara Streisand are rolling around in my brain......A lot of people can't handle it , they jump ship. Amateurs, Good on youwit those finds.

hicksville hogwash said:

John, me too rarely spend 1 buck on a 45 these days.  But today 20 of my $33 bucks was spent on The Hullabaloos "i won't turn away now" picture sleeve, knocked the antique lady down from 35.  Also got a bunch of small label releases including a pretty cool lo-fi primitive "garage?" 45 by a band called The Townsmen You left Me Crying/Friends on Albun.  I can find no mention anywhere on the net about it... I love it and hate it when that happens.  Another unknown 3rd rate garage beat found.

Also cool doo-wop Arthur Butler -Lock Stock and Barrel (one went for 80)

and this soulster... way cool.

http://youtu.be/MfnM1X-U6OU

So now I have 6 dollars to spend on Yo Yos.

• April 13, 2012 12:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah If it was 6 dollars I would get it too... Anyway Thanks!!

• April 11, 2012 11:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John, me too rarely spend 1 buck on a 45 these days.  But today 20 of my $33 bucks was spent on The Hullabaloos "i won't turn away now" picture sleeve, knocked the antique lady down from 35.  Also got a bunch of small label releases including a pretty cool lo-fi primitive "garage?" 45 by a band called The Townsmen You left Me Crying/Friends on Albun.  I can find no mention anywhere on the net about it... I love it and hate it when that happens.  Another unknown 3rd rate garage beat found.

Also cool doo-wop Arthur Butler -Lock Stock and Barrel (one went for 80)

and this soulster... way cool.

http://youtu.be/MfnM1X-U6OU

So now I have 6 dollars to spend on Yo Yos.

• April 11, 2012 8:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

nO , WAIT , i'M OFF ON MY HEPSTER LINGO....i MEANT 40 DOLLARS....

John Battles said:

Garage Punk on Goldwax? Have Mercy ! I think I have heard this , before....It's pretty sweet. But , I'm no help. I rarely spend more than 10 , 15 $ on a 45, but IF  i WERE YOU , i'D OUTBID Ol' Hicksville Hogwash with two sawbucks. 

hicksville hogwash said:

I'd pay 33 bucks as that is all the cash I have in my pocket right now.

John - 

http://youtu.be/JnNjsr_mk64

• April 11, 2012 8:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Garage Punk on Goldwax? Have Mercy ! I think I have heard this , before....It's pretty sweet. But , I'm no help. I rarely spend more than 10 , 15 $ on a 45, but IF  i WERE YOU , i'D OUTBID Ol' Hicksville Hogwash with two sawbucks. 

hicksville hogwash said:

I'd pay 33 bucks as that is all the cash I have in my pocket right now.

John - 

http://youtu.be/JnNjsr_mk64

• April 11, 2012 5:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's good!! I think almost 70 its too much , I mean its awesome and I love but it but I'll wait to find it cheaper...yeahhh

• April 11, 2012 1:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i'M AFRAID i'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH IT , AND DON'T RECALL SEEING IT.....HOW WOULD YOU CLASSIFY THIS GROUP? iT'S NOT THE YO - YOS  WHOSE SONGS WERE USED ON THE CHOCOLATE WATCHBAND'S "INNER MYSTIQUE" , IS IT ?

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel