Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: suggestions for really cheap really portable band lighting

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 4, 2012 7:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

most small clubs have pretty bad lighting. usually half the band is in the dark. is there a really cheap portable light to at least make the whole band visible? no strobes just a constant single color or white. don't want to shoot lights out into the audience. would like the singer to be visible when moving to front edge of the stage. we ain't pretty but what's the point of a live show if you are not all seen?

• April 4, 2012 1:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

also another little hint if your just going with the can lights. do your self a favor and go to radio shack and pick up 120v power on/off button switch. or something similar that way you can kill the lights between songs/sets (we do that with the chavet too). if not they just always stay on and that kind of bugs people too. good luck dude.

• April 4, 2012 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks scott,

couple of cans with gels sounds like it might be the way to go. the chavet would be nice if you could just get it to stop blinking completely. even every few seconds is more than i want to dick with. it might be a good idea to just experiment with two cans to see if they would do the trick. we got enough on our plates without becoming light artistes. i just get so tired of videos with 2 of the guys becoming lurking shadows. we are funny looking so people should get the full effect.

• April 4, 2012 8:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thank you!

Bunt said:

Electronic shops sometimes sell small, three bulb lightening rigs. A friend's young brother had one. I'll look into it and get back to you. I thought the film as you could set it to cover the stage. Give me a few dayz. I'll get back to you.
    • April 4, 2012 8:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Electronic shops sometimes sell small, three bulb lightening rigs. A friend's young brother had one. I'll look into it and get back to you. I thought the film as you could set it to cover the stage. Give me a few dayz. I'll get back to you.
    • April 4, 2012 8:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

that sounds cool but what we are really looking for is just plain lights so people can see us on a stage that is poorly lit. most clubs have one or 2 places on stage that are well lit. but it leaves the rest of the band in the shadows. films and effects are cool but for better or worse we want the audience to focus on US. not something in the background. but please send the link i would like to see it!

Bunt said:

I did see a band that had an old school slide projector with photographs of European grave yards. they also played a CD of a storm playing as well. We also played a show in Melbourne with The Sunday Reeds where they had a film projected over all of us. I can e-mail you a link if you like. It's on You Tube. The Sunday Reeds have pictures on their Face Book page.
    • April 4, 2012 7:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I did see a band that had an old school slide projector with photographs of European grave yards. they also played a CD of a storm playing as well. We also played a show in Melbourne with The Sunday Reeds where they had a film projected over all of us. I can e-mail you a link if you like. It's on You Tube. The Sunday Reeds have pictures on their Face Book page.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel