Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What artist do you wish you had more records by?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 8, 2012 9:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What artist do you wish you had more by? Maybe you were born too young
      Or you discovered them too late. For me it has to be the mummies they released so much stuff on limited quantities.

• June 14, 2012 7:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wish I had more records by the Lyres and the Chesterfield Kings, also the Nomads from Sweden.

• June 14, 2012 7:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There are a few Gories, Dirtbombs, 5,6,7,8s, Mono Men and Man or Astroman 45s I'm missing.  I got into the Cheater Slicks late, so I really missed out on their 45s.  I just recently "discovered" the Wildebeests, so I'll be tracking down there 45s.  I kove 45s they are the perfect format for garage punk.

• June 12, 2012 12:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Robert Johnson.  But damn it, he didn't make any more!

-don

• June 12, 2012 11:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've recently bought a turntable (1 month ago) and often go to street or flea markets to get to some old vinyls and really got some pretty good records such as Los Mac's (Chile), Herman's Hermits, Los Quarrel's (Chile) and Los Beat 4 (Chile).

I've got lots of records from Chile and, though the quality and sound are quite good, it is disappointing they were compelled to record a certain amount of covers before including some original music. That's the case of Los MAC's, whose first album was only covers and one original tune. Very sad.
      However, there are some bands who could do it and recorded a bunch of amazing singles like Angeles Salvajes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp4bslq4Zk

On the other hand, I do admire and I'd love to have those amazing 60s Peruvian records, since the main focus of wildness was THERE in South America and they mainly recorded original songs. For instance: Los York's, Los Saicos, Los incas Modernos, Los Datsuns, Los Apsons, etc.

If I had to decide which record to add to my colection, it would definitely be Los Incas Modernos' from 1962. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smaMq5Vp5yY

Cheers.

• March 22, 2012 5:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

definitely wish i had the Big Beat UK Trash stuff, the Gories, the Gruesomes, anything Billy Childish, Cramps (Gravest Hits & any live recordings), Gun Club, Gravedigger V, Mummies & the 1st Meteors album.

• March 21, 2012 1:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Exactly!!Need them tooo.

Jon said:

artists I want to one day own every record of include :: The Gories (recently just got outbid on 3 rare Gories 7" up on ebay...), Supercharger, The Mummies, Jay Reatard solo + The Reatards, Cosmic Psychos, The Dirtbombs

• March 13, 2012 11:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All the Byrds albums pre Sweetheart of the Rodeo, I just got Notourius Byrd Brothers.

I also would like The Strawberry Alarm Clock's albums The World is in the seashell and Wake up it's Tomorrow.

And Morning self titled yeah and The Beautiful Daze - City Jungle 7"

• March 12, 2012 8:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Boy , that sounds REALLY interesting. But , I've never heard of it. I could look into the existence of such a thing. Then , the likelihood of it ever being reissued ranks up  there with Tony Joe White's semi - Garage Rock sides on J-Beck. I take it , Kenny Daniel was friends with Scotty McKay/Max Lipscomb , as his first comeback EP in the late 70's featured a perfectly acceptable (As in , great.) live Rock'n'Roll medley ( When such things were passe.) that included , along with "Black Slacks" , "Waitin'  In School" , and "Peppermint Twist", McKay's super killer non - seller 'Rollin' Dynamite".

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Talking about Kenny and the Kasuals, do you know if they did release a single or whatever back in the day for their great cover of "Down in Mexico" as M.K. Lipscomb's (aka the fabulous Scotty McKay) backing band under the name of GATOR SHADES BLUES BAND ? I've searched this thing for years...and never ever saw one single copy.

John Battles said:

Kenny and The Kasuals.  I know there's a UK comp that , like most , scratches the surface. I have the Live at The Cellar Club LP (DON'T FREAK , IT'S THE LATE 70'S REISSUE.), one of two EVA (Trademark of suck quality...BUT , when I was just getting into this stuff , I did'nt care) LP collections and a decent EP on the same label. I even have some of their Late 70'S stuff , most of which is pretty good . Still , a complete collection with GOOD sound and maybe minus a few ballads is 30 years overdue. Oh , well....

• March 11, 2012 1:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Talking about Kenny and the Kasuals, do you know if they did release a single or whatever back in the day for their great cover of "Down in Mexico" as M.K. Lipscomb's (aka the fabulous Scotty McKay) backing band under the name of GATOR SHADES BLUES BAND ? I've searched this thing for years...and never ever saw one single copy.

John Battles said:

Kenny and The Kasuals.  I know there's a UK comp that , like most , scratches the surface. I have the Live at The Cellar Club LP (DON'T FREAK , IT'S THE LATE 70'S REISSUE.), one of two EVA (Trademark of suck quality...BUT , when I was just getting into this stuff , I did'nt care) LP collections and a decent EP on the same label. I even have some of their Late 70'S stuff , most of which is pretty good . Still , a complete collection with GOOD sound and maybe minus a few ballads is 30 years overdue. Oh , well....

• March 10, 2012 9:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• March 10, 2012 2:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

For me, it's the classics whose records are just too expensive.  Absolutely The Cramps.  Very rarely do I see their originals in stores.  When I do, they're ridiculously priced.  And even the reissues cost a lot.  Also, Flamin' Groovies.  It's so hard to find their records.  After looking for about 2 or 3 years, I finally found a copy of "Still Shakin."  And lastly, anything by the Stooges.

• March 9, 2012 6:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

artists I want to one day own every record of include :: The Gories (recently just got outbid on 3 rare Gories 7" up on ebay...), Supercharger, The Mummies, Jay Reatard solo + The Reatards, Cosmic Psychos, The Dirtbombs

• March 9, 2012 1:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm right there with y'all on both the Mummies and Fleshtones singles...but tho I do own a copy of les Sexareenos' Singles and Unreleased Material collection I still want all the actual Sexareenos vinyl singles...& while I'm at it, to compliment that quest, why not all the solo BBQ singles as well as all the King Khan & BBQ Show singles (of the latter, I think all I'm missing is the BBQ & Blacksnake single tho I do have shitty mp3s of this release on a harddrive somewheres)

• March 9, 2012 10:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Graham Day-- I love his music (Prisoners, Solar Flares, The gaolers, etc.) and also wish he would stop by the states one of these days. 

• March 9, 2012 4:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My god, so many. The Fleshtones and The Dirtbombs probably. Got all Te Dirtbombs' albums and a few 7"s, but they've put out an immense amount of singles. Always on the look out.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel