Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• March 8, 2008 1:42 PM CST
    • So they've played New York & they are about to appear in Europe , when are we going to see them on the West Coast ???

• March 6, 2008 8:24 PM CST
    • I meant MUNICIPAL Waste...

• March 6, 2008 8:23 PM CST
    • Starts tonight! THURS: Rudyards - Black Black Gold, Born Liars, The Love Me Nots FRI: Andre Williams at the Continental Club SAT: Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders at Rudyards SUN: Rudyards - The Black Hollies and if you have mercury for blood: Munipal Waste at the Meridian Mutant Hardcore Flower Hour radio tonight if you're up:10pm - 1am www.ktru.org or 91.7FM

• March 6, 2008 10:07 AM CST
    • March 5, 2008 Don & Dewey: Baby Gotta Party (Specialty) Richard Berry: Yamma Yamma Pretty Mama (RPM) Tiny Kennedy: Strange Kinda Feeling (Groove) Bobby Johnson: Oh Baby (Wild And Frantic) Noisy Boys: What's Damn Wrong (What's Damn Wrong) Zantees: Tic Tac Toe (Midnight) Royal Deuces: Red Hot Gal (Introducing The...) Santos: Crazy Crazy Loving (Wild Records Presents...) Starline Rhythm Boys: Do A Little Wrong Tonight (Better Luck Is Just A Bar Room Away) Mean Devils: Don't Stop The Rock Bop (Outta Space Bop) Shelby Smith: Rockin' Mama (Rebel) Dell Vaughn w/the Fortune-aires: Rock The Universe (Fortune) Don Willis: Boppin' High School Baby (Satellite) Elvis Presley: You're A Heartbreaker (Sun) Phil Gray & his Go Boys: Pepper Hot Baby (Rhythm) Bobby Roberts w/the Highpockets' Delta Rockets: Big Sandy (Sky) Buck Stevens & the Buckshots: My Baby Left For Hawaii (s/t) Junior Marvel & his Hi-Flyers: I Wanna Love My Baby (Stompin' At The Hillbilly Boogie Barn) Mars Attacks: Circle Of Love (Circle Of Love) Bobby Freeman: Betty Lou's Got A New Pair Of Shoes (Josie) Dusty Chance & the Allnighters: Bop It (Savage) Charlie Hightone & the Rock-its: Tryin' To Guess Your Blues (Rock It Man, Rock It) Dave Del Monte & his Cross Country Boys: Big Fool (Cross The Line) Randy Rich & the Poor Boys: I'm A Hepcat (The Way You Came) Velveteens: Chim Bam Bah (Party Party Party) Trash 5: I'm Gone (The Lucid Dreams of Dr. Seed) Los Idiotas: The Blob (Slovenly) Hidden Charms: Don't Hide Your Charms (Kleingeld/My Ruin) Carbonas: I'm A Schiso (s/t) Beat Beat: Washing Machine (Spin The Bottle) Forbidden Tigers: Neanderthal (Magnetic Problems) Hipshakes: OK Alright (Slovenly) Losin' Streaks: Hate (Sounds Of Violence) Estrogen Highs: She's Gone Missing (Never Heard Of It) Cool Jerks: Telling No Lies (This Is It) Headcoats: I'll Make You Mine (Headcoats Down) Coconut Coolouts: Spell It Out Dummy (Seeing Eye) Hex Dispensers: Lose My Cool (Douchemaster) Toyotas: Girl On Channel 2 (P.Trash) Nodzzz: I Don't Wanna Smoke Marajuanna (Make A Mess) Cheap Time: Handy Man (Douchemaster) Hell On Heels: Can't Buy Cool (Dogs, Records And Wine) Browny Circus: Super Surf Jet Girl (Super Surf Jet Girl) Queers: Another Girl (Don't Back Down) Makeouts: Still Love You (Radio Obligato) Gito Gito Hustler: What's My....? (Big Neck) Wax Museums: Disco Ball (World's Lousy With Ideas) Slab City: Milwaukee's Beast (Slovenly) Fallen Leaves: Revenge (Parliment) Quitters: Monkee Suit (Second Album) Riots: Are You Gonna Love Me (Love After) Hi-Risers: Once We Get Started (Once We Get Started) Cleopatras: On The Beach (Perdurabo) Sonic Chicken 4: On My Way (s/t) Modern Primitives: I Might Be Your Friend (s/t) Skunks: Earthquake Shake (Bloodstains Over Texas) Intellectuals: Oh Frued (Invisible Is The Best) Cat Burglars: Poison Party and the next one too (Tooth Decay) Busy Signals: Stereo (s/t) CoCoComa: I Swear (s/t) Len Price 3: Girl Like You (Rentacrowd) Head: Spend The Night Alone (Goner) Young Man Psycho Blues: Teenage Rockers (Teenage Rockers) Yolks I Found Love (no label) Reverend Beat-Man: I'm Over With You (Surreal Folk Blues Gospel Trash vol.2) Staggers: Black Hearse Cadillac (Ballroom Bash!) Popetts: New Year (Bachelor) Brutal Knights: Information Overload (Feast Of Shame) Alrightees: Whatcha Doin' Girl (Boom Chick) Chinese Lungs: Outta My Head (Gaphead)

• February 28, 2008 9:18 AM CST
    • February 26, 2008 Al Barkle & his String Band: Jumpin' From 6 To 6 (M&M) Texas Red Rhodes: Go Cats Go (Echo) Bob Baker: Kitty Kat Korner (Veeda) George Hamilton IV: If You Don't Know (ABC Paramount) Buck Stevens: That's Right (Do You Remember) Wagtails: Pin-Up Queen (Wag On!!!) Dave Del Monte & his Cross Country Boys: She's Mine (Cross The Line) Tune Tones: She's My Baby Doll (Runnin' Wild) Pat the Kat & his Kittens: Little Rock Special (Rock And Roll Dance Party) Roy "Boogie Boy" Perkins: Loud Mouth Lucy (Boogie Woogie Blues Man) Gerry Maplewood: Blue Monkey (Marley) Mr Bonz & his One Man Band: Betty Lou (The Man Without Bones) Aces Wild: Hypnotized (Get Gone) Luis & the Wildfires: That's Love (Brain Jail) Star Mountain Dreamers: She Drives Me High (Greetings From El Paso) Round Up Boys: B-B-Baby (Another Night, Another Town) Jack Collins: Don't Dust Me Off (Country Hicks) Aubrey Gass & the Hel-Cats: Corn Fed Gal (Helton) Jimmy Smith & his Ranch Hands: Pinch Me Quick (Wonder) Carl Bryant: She's A Peach Of A Girl From Georgia (Ridgecrest) Lefty Nicks: Model A Ford Blues (Country Hicks) Wink Westerners: Hey Miss Fanny (acetate) Charlie Hightone & his Rock-Its: When My Star Turns Off Again (Rock It Man, Rock It) Jewws: Punk Rock Girls (Heartbreaker) Lulu's Marble: Hey Darlin' (Love Rock) Dynette Set: Don't Wanna Go Back To School (Rockers And Recliners) Shangri-las: Hate To Say I Told You So (Myrmidons Of Melodrama) Dave Clark Five: Don't Let Me Down (The History Of...) Los Idiotas: Yeah Yeah (Iekk! Sound) Estrogen Highs: Can't Complain (Never Heard Of It) Roky Erickson: Starry Eyes (I Have Always Been Here Before) Roky Erickson: You Drive Me Crazy (Don't Slander Me) Roky Erickson: True Love Ways (Don't Knock The Rok) Jim Basnight & the Moberleys: You Came And You Conquered) Replacements: Lookin' For Ya (demo) Forbidden Tigers: Black Hole Control (Magnetic Problems) Nodzzz: We're The Only Animals (Make A Mess) Poppets: Pre-Party (Bachelor) Loli & the Chones: Straightjacket Baby (Rip Off) Heartattacks: Wanted You (Here Come The...) Sonics: Have Love Will Travel (Here Are The...) Don & the Goodtimes: Jolly Green Giant (The Original Northwest Sound) Makeouts: Street Tonight (Radio Obligato) Fallen Leaves: Trouble (Parliament) Magnificent Brotherhood: Gun Or Run (s/t) Buffets: You Piss Me Off (Saucy Jack) Riots: Tell Me Tonight (Love After) Thee Shame Club: Do The Caveman (demo) Bo Diddley: Do The Craw-dad (...Is A Gunslinger) Flying Dutchmen: Girl Like You (Boom Boom Of Renton) Rippers: I'll Be There (Shake Your Ass) Yolks: I Found Love (no label) Condors: Kiss That Girl Away (Wait For It) Ejectors: Little Johnny (Hydrohead) Mink Jaguar: You Got The Answers (...Agian) Fleshtones: First Date (Take A Good Look!) Hi-Risers: Here With You (Once We Get Started) Peter Berry & the Shake Set: A Hint Of Romance (For Goodness Shake) Swinging Blue Jeans: Don't Make Me Over (Hippy Hippy Shake) Weevils: Here I Am In Love Again (Lori) Moss & the Rocks: There She Goes (Ikon) Gito Gito Hustler: Bye Bye Bye (Big Neck) Hell On Heels: Pretty Mess (Dogs, Records And Wine) Hex Dispensers: Tragedy (Douchemaster) Cheap Time: Wild Life (Douchemaster) Sonic Chicken 4: Sha La La La Love (s/t) Head: Spend The Night Alone (Goner) Modern Primitives: What's Left To Say But I Don't (s/t)

• February 22, 2008 3:33 PM CST
    • Yeah, that address will work... and we've done spun the Ugly Beats in the past.

• March 3, 2008 7:48 PM CST
    • Friday march 21st

Rendezvous Jewelbox Theatre
      in Belltown

10pm

The Primate Five

The Cape-men!

Tulalip Two

Juvey Movies and Hot Rod music all night in The Jewelbox!

Did i mention it's a party?
      A rock and roll dance party?
      And it's Free?

Holy Cow!

Ya gotta be square or dead to miss this one!

• March 4, 2008 7:25 PM CST
    • People in the 202, 240, 301, or 410- come together.

Where's our illustrious scene gone?

• March 1, 2008 4:27 PM CST
    • I'm in Ireland and I have'nt a clue what you Karraazzzyyyy Katttzzzzzz are banging on about,but I like the look of that gig.was it any good?who melted brains?

• February 27, 2008 4:34 PM CST
    • JINXES

DEKE

TH'LOSIN' STREAKS

HAUNTED GEORGE with Jimmy Hole

A-BONES

GUILTY HEARTS

Check out my MySpace blog for more details...

• February 23, 2008 5:14 PM CST
    • The Saturday and Sunday night shows were a blast (missed Friday's)! The chicken wire screen (was that from Thee Cormans or Haunted George?) was an interesting touch, fortunately nobody tested it with a flying bottle.

• February 28, 2008 8:38 PM CST
    • Hello poppets....

I need your assistance to help eradicate the creeping fungus that is ' The Modern Hipster ' ...you know the ones , straggly beards , BLAND generic clothing ,sad emo fuckers who have missappropriated what it actually means to be hip !

Anyway, my Downtown L.A. club nite at the REDWOOD BAR & GRILL has far too many of these boring oiks hanging around the periphery spoiling the atmos , so i call upon the truly cool to come down & give em a good thrashing ...or at least prevent them from lurching onto the dancefloor in a 'ooh look at me i's so ironic' fashion ! So put on your wildest , sexy rock n roll garb & get your mojo workin' at the SATURDAY NITE FISH FRY !

• February 28, 2008 2:50 PM CST
    • San Diego's Bartender's Bible Portland's Lana Rebel and Seattle's Howlin Houndog on Modnay March, 10 2008 at The Funhouse! 206 5th Ave (next to McDonald’s), Seattle, Washington Cost : $5 Yeah this show is on a Monday! I’ll be opening California’s Bartender’s Bible and for Portland’s Lana Rebel. I might be playing solo (or with my band) I won’t know until I get there. I hope you all can haul out and see everyone play (even on a Monday) Here is the poster!

• February 28, 2008 10:26 AM CST
    • Hello everyone. My friend Mike Decay and I have started a monthly DJ night. It all takes place at a new bar in North Hollywood called the Good Nite bar this Saturday. We will be spinning the wildest platters this side of Zorch, ranging from Garage, 50's Rock N Roll, R & B (the real stuff, not the crap on the radio), Rockabilly, Monster Rock N Roll and Trash. There will be free give aways and wild music all night long, there is even a fire breathing bar tender. And did I mention it's all for FREE! The best part is, we will be having The Boo's Party every first Saturday of the month. Things should get started around 9 pm, so bring your friends and tell your momma your going to be home late. See you there.

• February 26, 2008 11:37 PM CST
    • Come hang out with me and listen to some bitchin tunes this Thursday the 28th at O'Briens Pub in Allston! Photobucket

• February 26, 2008 10:45 PM CST
    • Hey y'all, new on this site and thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Rick and I live in Mobile, AL. We had a better scene until our fave venue went fuckin' mainstream. We now get our kicks anywhere and anyway we can. If you're from the Gulf Coast, or just wanna squeeze some tunes into my head, drop a line. Thanks, Rick

• February 25, 2008 3:46 PM CST
    • well - as far as places to play go - we really love to play Otto's Shrunken Head on 14th St. Go to their site and click on bookings. There's pretty cool about letting you play.. however - it's more of a "playing a party" atmosphere than a venue.. http://www.ottosshrunkenhead.com/ Again - I like Motorcity (http://nymag.com/listings/bar/motor-city-bar/) just to hang out... but - I don;t know anything about Brooklyn.. I checked out Magnetic Fields (http://www.magneticbrooklyn.com/) last week - was packed for a garage show - but cool. Very 60's-ish decor.

• February 24, 2008 8:19 PM CST
    • Yeah. I would love to know the same!!!
      I am italian but I am now in monclair NJ and I would love to know:
      where to find good places to go in NY NJ
      where I can find gigs to play
      where i can find musician to start a fucking garage punk band

The Nacker

• February 25, 2008 7:16 AM CST
    • We'll have a pair of tickets to give away to this show on this weeks Rock And Roll Dance Party, Tuesday night 9pm - midnight. WUSB 90.1 FM Stony Brook, New York.

• February 24, 2008 9:07 PM CST
    • I am searching for a garage punk band in NYC/NJ. I can play bass drums guitar and sing. Check my band: www.thenackers.eu Alternatevely if you are a bassist or guitarist or drummer without a band we can form an USA version of my band THE NACKERS. The Nacker

• February 24, 2008 8:36 PM CST
    • I am new in Monclair NJ and nothing to do exept playing and go for gigs in NYC/NJ

Any idea about

1 GARAGE VENUES/GIGS
      2 WHERE TO FIND GARAGE MUSICIANS TO START A NEW/MY BAND?

Thanks a lot for your help

The Nacker

• February 24, 2008 8:30 PM CST
    • Where about NJ? I am in monclair. I play in a band called the Nackers (www.thenackers.eu) but I am in NJ till june. We can have some fun if you like Let me know The nacker

• February 24, 2008 8:26 PM CST
    • I just moved in Monclair NJ and I would like to be pointed to

Garege venues in NYC/NJ
      The best place (or internte place) to find garage musicians
      The best garage gig guide.

Cheers

The Nacker

• February 24, 2008 8:04 PM CST
    • Hi Lads,
      I'm moving to Monclair NJ for the next 4 months.
      Who could fairly say: who gives a shit!!!!!!
      Yeah fair enough!

I just would like to open this discussion because i would like to have some tips about NJ/NY garage.
      It can be helpfull for anyone.

So if you know something about please write about the following:

1. Garage venues and garage gigs.
      2. Records shops
      3. Online resources where to find garage gigs
      4. Vintage instruments shops
      5. Where to find other garage musicians in order to start a new band.
      6. Contacts to find places to play some gigs.

PS. I am european so I don't have a fuckin clue!!!!

Really appreciate your help

The Nacker