Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• August 11, 2008 3:03 PM CDT
    • Ditchwater Zine #2 Release Party. 'Cause I need a deadline: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20TH 7PM - 9PM SOUND EXCHANGE, 1846 RICHMOND WITH MUSICAL GUESTS: CHOCOLATE CRUCIFIX

• August 11, 2008 2:44 PM CDT
    • Donde esta el Tiki Invasion?

• August 4, 2008 3:50 AM CDT

• PSYCHOTONiC! presents...

Pre-Mondo Hollywood
      DJ Party + Meet 'N Greet!

*Thursday, August 7th, 2008*

Spinning the best...
      Trashy Rock 'N Roll, Garage, Psychobilly
      Rockabilly, Surf, Punk, Soul, Ska & More!

*** Special Guest DJ set by ***

MIGHTY MANFRED
      (Underground Garage)

DAN ELECTRO
      (Club Au Go-Go / The Bullet)

LUCKY LA ROCKA
      (Klub Bim Bam)

DJ DEVIL ONE
      (The Music Selector)

Also Featuring...
      Spencer Lee
      (The Movie Guy)
      Projecting 8mm & 16mm film Oddities

Carbon 12
      (The Photographer)
      Stealing all your souls!

*Drink Specials*
      $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon Pints
      $3 Dewars Scotch Whisky

10PM-2AM / 21 & OVER / NO COVER
      * FREE! FREE! FREE! *

THE BIGFOOT LODGE
      3172 Los Feliz Blvd
      Los Angeles, 90039
      323-662-9227

myspace.com/psychotonicthursdays

• August 1, 2008 12:18 PM CDT
    • We're taking a little tour this summer... please come see us if you can and buy our t-shirts and whatever other junk we're selling to help us with gas money... TOUR DATES Aug. 7 - The Knockout - San Francisco w/ THE KNIGHTS OF THE NEW CRUSADE & THE TEUTONICS Aug. 8 - The Distillery - Sacramento w/ TH' LOSIN' STREAKS Aug. 9 - Slabtown - Portland, OR! playing "THE KING LOUIE STOMP" w/ KING LOUIE ONE MAN BAD, The Fireballs of Freedom, The Darlin's Aug. 10 - The Ken Club - Portland, OR! Not sure who we're playing with... but GO! Aug. 11 - The Hemlock - San Francisco (Special Happy Hour show 7pm-10pm) w/ THE FLAKES Aug. 15 - The Buccaneer Lounge - Sierra Madre - SPECIAL HOMECOMING SHOW!! September 26 - Harold's Place - San Pedro w/ Thee Cormans, Thee Headliners COME AND SEE US!! The Jinxes

• July 30, 2008 1:33 PM CDT
    • Check out our profile ... right now, we're busting out asses trying to get our LP finished, but we're dying to play a show in our hometown. Wipeout! said:

While we're beggin'...Pretty please bands bring yer asses thru South Carolina (preferably Columbia, as that's my town) so I can get down to a LIVE garagepunk sound!

Sorry to hijack yer plea, Jamie.

• July 28, 2008 5:42 PM CDT
    • The first 5 people to email adam@knittingfactory.com with their full name will receive a FREE PAIR OF TICKETS to see EDDIE & THE HOT RODS @ Knitting Factory Hollywood Thursday, July 31st!!! Once we get your email, we'll send you instructions on how to get your FREE TIX!!! Also, please put "EDDIE & THE HOT RODS GIVEAWAY" in the subject title. Show Info: Thursday, Jul 31st Eddie and The Hot Rods with The Joneses Primadonna The Soda Pop Kids @ Knitting Factory Hollywood 7021 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, CA 90028 **You must be 21 or over to be eligible to win** Click here to get more show info

• July 21, 2008 6:59 PM CDT
    • Boston based garage rockers Muck and the Mires make their only area appearance at Bar Pink Elephant w/The Nightmares!
      3829 30th Street
      San Diego, California

• July 21, 2008 12:43 PM CDT
    • Yep, we're at it again-- and this time we got some help with us to knock some sense into you's...... Fast Eddie's Garage, in conjunction with Fiberops, (Commune), The Lovewright Co., Irons, Foundry Moto & The Redwood Bar present: LURKVILLE @ The Redwood featuring THE HEXXERS!!! All the way LIVE! This SATURDAY July 26th.... Of course, the handsome selectors from Thee Strychnines (Stack-Aly, Juliancito, Danny G & Profile) will be playing the greatest in Garage, Jump Blues, Northern Soul, Rockabilly, Surf, Psych, Freak Beat, Punk, some Ska & everything else in between that's Loud, Dirty and Fuzzy..... Come on down!! Doors @ 9 and drinks are CHEAP! Tell a friend....

• July 18, 2008 1:14 PM CDT
    • A long time before Grunge and the Dot Com Boom/Bust made Seattle what it is today (YUCK!!) There was KCMU 90.5 (later 90.3) FM. It was a true community radio station (owned by the UW) It got me through Highschool and College. Someone sent me this archive they posted here; http://kcmu.jc-coleman.com/ Sadly other folks had their (hidden agendas) and folks kinda took what they had for granted. I was a "Johnny come lately" to this environment, but I learned a lot and met a lot of interesting folks when I was there. There are some interesting station IDs posted on this website too. Sometimes I wonder what would have come of KEXPoop if they hadn't stolen it from the People? Best leave it at that and save that rant for another time. Enjoy the link!

• July 15, 2008 1:15 PM CDT
    • Hey Kids,

We got a show lined up down in San Diego at Chasers on Friday Sept. 5th. If you know of any one down there who'd be interested in hoppin' on the bill with us, send me a message!

• July 10, 2008 9:21 PM CDT
    • North Atlanta area. Looking for Garage band needing drummer casue the one they have listens to Rush! Bring it bitches!! I'm ready to rock.

• July 9, 2008 10:42 PM CDT
    • little late on the reply..but if ya end up back in town..
      sonicboom records isnt bad.
      Easystreet isnt bad either.
      singles going steady is probally one of my favorites.
      Silver platters is cool,not alot of vinyl but tons of CD's..i can almost always find something worth buying here.
      orpheum records ,i havent been there in a long time..not sure what they have anymore.
      second time around was fairly slim pickens when i went last ,but i did find a original print of the knickerbockers first LP..so ill go back
      there are a couple more places around,but those are the stores i have been to recently.
      Take it easy,
      Lewis

• July 8, 2008 4:59 PM CDT
    • hell , id love to go..but at the prices ticketbastard are charging i doubt ill make it.46$$ for the floor plus a 10$$ convienience charge ? thats pretty inconvienient if you ask me ,add 3 bucks for the venue..i dont know maybe ill just shell out the cash and get some balcony tics at 26$$ plus the extra charges ,just cause roslie is with them!

• June 26, 2008 4:43 AM CDT
    • The venue is the Paramount Theatre, which is (as far as I know) the same venue they played the last time they performed in Seattle. The tickets are available on-line worldwide through Ticketmaster. Ticket prices are in accordance with seating. They seem to be moving quick, so don't wait around. The date is Friday October 31st. Current Sonics line-up: Jerry Roslie, Keyboards/vox; Larry Larypa, Guitar/vox; Rob Lind, Saxes/vox; Don Wilhelm, Bass/vox; Ricky Lynn Johnson, Drums. New (official) Sonics MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thesonicsboom (I've been running the first 'Sonics' page on MySpace for a few years, having taken it over from the guy who created it - but this new page is the one that is connected directly to the band and their management).

• June 26, 2008 2:50 AM CDT
    • I'd love to know the details venue, prices, etc. I've been in BC for a while but haven't made it to Seattle couple that with a cool way to spend Hallowe'en and a chance to see such a great band I'd feel pretty bad if I didn't go.

• June 25, 2008 5:41 PM CDT
    • Ah Im moving to Portland for college, this will be amazing!

• June 25, 2008 10:53 AM CDT
    • First I've heard of it! Are tickets still available? Where's the show and where can you buy tickets? Also, what do you mean by "new incarnation of the band"? Is it a new lineup?

We were in Seattle a few weeks ago and our trip got interrupted by a death in the family causing us to have to fly back to St. Louis a week early, so my wife and I are thinking about heading back up again this fall, so this might work out... who knows.

Thanks,
      kopper

• June 24, 2008 12:33 AM CDT
    • I was not aware of this reunion! I actually saw them in London and would love to see them again. Halloween would be fun in Seattle, I think I am going to try to make it.

• July 3, 2008 8:15 AM CDT
    • We've got a lot of free music available at different websites right now. Our new EP "Hideous Sexy" is available as a direct download from our website www.maryshelleyoverdrive.com, and includes a bunch of covers of bands like Antiseen, Blue Oyster Cult, Devo, Bo Diddley and others. The front and back covers are below. We've also got some demos from our forthcoming LP for download at http://mohawkradio.com/msoverdrive

• July 2, 2008 5:39 PM CDT
    • In Rouses Point, New York on the Canadian border... junction of route 9 and route 11... they'll mostly be doing covers, but methinks it's probably the last time they'll ever play (and it is the definitive configuration of Bobby Lavigne, Jim Ricker and Marc Chapman) and I ain't gonna pass up a chance to hear them put "heart so cold" through its paces... Sunday, July 6 at 1 p.m.

• June 25, 2008 10:42 PM CDT
    • So I just moved to Syracuse, NY to be with my fiance and our daughter. Does anyone have any leads on some good bands/bars/music stores/guitar shops/ etc. etc. etc...?

• June 25, 2008 5:30 PM CDT
    • Some Austinites post on "Hands Up Houston" messageboard. You might try posting this *exact* message there (which i find pretty endearing, btw). Careful, though. It's not a gayrage board. By the same token, bombs away - there's no pleasing everyone. http://members.boardhost.com/hands_up/ Tell them rosaposer sent you.

• June 24, 2008 7:12 AM CDT
    • MOVIE STAR JUNKIES(A fistful of records/Nasty Prod/Perpetrator) from Italy are gonna tour west coast in late oct 2008. for any info/contacts/suggestions please write to: soulvixen@hotmail.com if you got some good contacts for clubs,or mails please send us also on myspace:www.myspace.com/moviestarjunkies hope to see you soon! love ste ""i must admit that i didn't pay much attention when i first got this debut 7 by this italian band called movie star junkies,what in my (prejudging)eyes seemed to be euroblivians band nr.3791,not bad,but nothing to wet my bed over either...i probably gave it a few spins at the wrong moment when i wasn't in the right mood and continued with the file away proceedings...Turned out i couldn't have been more wrong because after their mindblowing performance at the pit's (it doesn't happen often that 10/15 people in the audience end up playing the band's instruments including sax and keyboards).i found myself turning my record bins upside down,drooling,shivering and incoherently mumbling like some las vegas wino,in a desperate search for the damn thing...but when i finally retrieved it and the needle hit the grooves it all proved to have been worthwhile...a-side dolls come in is a slow,moody,mean floor crawlerreminding you of about everything negative or dark sounding record in the crypt catalog,but without leaving me with the possibility to refer to this or that band...desperate vocals,moaning organ,trashy distorted guitar....you've been there so you feel at home but still...b-side garsin continues in the same vein,only a little less prominent.keep your eyes peeled folks,this was my live surprise of 2007 so far and i really think we're onto something here." sam geerts -up yours magazine -belgium. "the fucked up attitude of movie star junkies reminds bands such demon's claws and the black lips,and the early cramps too.you can easily feel it seeing them live or listening to this second 7 inch on nasty prodict(france)called dialogue between zachary swenson and timothy leary.moreover their music is a weird mix of no fi and obsessive sounds,like an old rockabilly record on a broken record player repeating the same tunes ad infinitum.we got to follow them."claudio sorge -rumore magazine- italy "here we are with the second limited edition tape from the underground roman label no fi recordings.these movie star junkies seems to be ready to go down to the deepest and darkest side of rock n roll,with a claustrophobic sound that clarely reminds the scientists and the birthday party,you can easily find the influence of these 2 bands listening to black caraibi,requiem pour un con,subliminal man .the visionary s/t and the kinda n.y.sound the sink song are enough realise how unique this band is in the italian music scene."fabio polvani-blow up magazine-italy "Sleeve comes hand-screened, hand-numbered, garage-de-luxe stylee!!! Dirty'n' loud stuff from Turin, Italy. A great debut full of Chrome Cranks, Scientists, Suicide, dope, angry vocals, illness, dope, bloody chords, dope, gloomy moods, and dope…awesome! Shake Your Ass records-italy "Sleeves comes hand-screened, hand-numbered, garage-de-luxe stylee!!! Straight outta the Italian Alps come Movie Star Junkies. Not many will have heard from these guys but they did do a UK-tour already ! Their songs are all Farfisa-drenched-madness, it sounds like they drank just a bit too much of that Suicide/Scientists-potion and are freaking out on it. At the same time they won't deny their mountain-village backgrounds, I mean places where people still rape pigs and eat them afterwards.hell, what more do you need to know, huh ? Anyway, you won't get it any Bruttier, Sporchier and Cattivier than from these guys!"soundflat distribution-germany