Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• December 12, 2011 10:15 AM CST
    • yay! Checking it out now!!!!

swt said:

You're right Primitiva, you can never have enough soul.

You inspired me to re-post my little obit on the late Howard Tate in here:

http://garagepunk.ning.com/forum/topics/r-i-p-howard-tate-soul-man

Primitiva Psychedelia said:

LOVE the site for sure, but I do wish there was more soul, exotica and old school blues.

• December 12, 2011 10:06 AM CST
    • Y'know, i've thought about that...  I like that idea. :)  hmmmm my brain is a tickin!
      kopper said:

Ah, well you're always welcome to start one of your own! ;)

Podcasts

kopper said:

Are you talking about in the forum discussions, groups, podcasts, or what, specifically?

LOVE the site for sure, but I do wish there was more soul, exotica and old school blues.

• December 12, 2011 9:09 AM CST
    • ooooh do me next!

Light Bulb Alley ( New LP out!) said:

I love the Podcasts... The Forums.... I have a lot of shit.. met really cool bands and Radio hosts... obviously no complaints... if that is ass kissing then I am a ass kisser

• December 12, 2011 9:00 AM CST
    • i have learned a lot of shit....

• December 12, 2011 10:04 AM CST
    • ...boy,I've got loads of foils for it...

• December 11, 2011 1:12 PM CST
    • I don't mind twee, but it gets a bit cloying and you need a foil for it.

Angus Martin Montgomery said:

I don't mind twee...liking indie pop doesen't threaten my masculinity...'I Want To Hold Your Hand' was 'twee' although they probably meant 'I want to ride your brains out'...I have this concept of music...the first stuff I heard was the early '60's pop stuff and that included The Beatles,Stones,Kinks,Who,Pretty Things,Yardbirds,Animals,Motown,Small Faces...I followed that through the years with the blues rock,psych and heavy/underground bands...by the 'early-mid '70's' things seemed to be running out of steam but along came pub rock...Dr. Feelgood,Eddie and the Hotrods,etc. and we bought 'Nuggets'...punk/new wave was the excitement of the '60's again and then by the time Orange Juice 'invented' 'indie' it was the excitement of the'60's yet again...I read an article,possibly in Mojo,that mentioned 80's indie as being more or less '60's inspired and I agree...also shoegaze and Madchester...in my head I live back in the 1960's...does this make any sense?It does to me...I'm so glad I came into this world in 1955...

• December 12, 2011 10:00 AM CST
    • Checked with a buddy who keeps more on top of this stuff than I do, and he said:

It's not a reissue of Hoosier Hysteria...the Gizmos material is collected on a Gulcher CD....but the Dow Jones discography is coming out on Family Vineyard. They already reissued the 7"ep....and the discog was supposed to be out by now, but last check of their site had it still listed as "coming soon".

• December 12, 2011 9:56 AM CST
    • You saw Mr. Hunter,you lucky sod!How old is he now...70? That's outrageous and he certainly doesn't look it...Mott are in the top 5 of my all-time fave bands!

• December 12, 2011 9:34 AM CST
    • I don't know if he's the best, but I recently saw Ian Hunter, and he mostly played piano and acoustic guitar during his concert.  He can still bang out a mean intro to "All The Way From Memphis."

• December 12, 2011 6:28 AM CST
    • Obviously Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard.  But I'm also surprised to see that no one has mentioned Jeff "Monoman" Conolly from Lyres/DMZ.

• December 11, 2011 8:09 PM CST
    • I like Argent as well as Manzarek (Doors) and Mark Stein (Vanilla Fudge).

• December 12, 2011 3:37 AM CST
    • Total Control and Komplications Tomorrow in Paris !! yeah

but i miss Iceage tonight due to a rehearsal !

• December 11, 2011 9:55 PM CST
    • oh sweet jesus.. that would easily be the most fun i've had in my life, hearing a star like that play my song... COUNTRY STYLE!

joey fuckup said:

It would be very interesting to hear his take on your song "How 'Bout I Slap Your Shit"!

• December 11, 2011 8:07 PM CST
    • My boyfriend and I recently saw Vanilla Fudge at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe, PA. They were amazing, I'd highly recommend seeing them!

• December 11, 2011 5:36 PM CST
    • Last night my band (The Scarred) played with Flexx Bronco, Los Creepers, Barb Wire Dolls, Evacuate, and Fiction reform. Some more rock, some more punk, but still it was a fun show. It got filmed and the footage is supposed to be online soon. I'll share. :D

• December 11, 2011 4:35 PM CST
    • Saw Mick Jones and Paul Simonon playing The Clash songs, joined by Primal Scream, pretty memorable night.

• December 12, 2011 12:44 AM CST
    • is it a vt+? caus thats what ive got if it is go on the vox website click toneroom an search garage rock click the name decay666 and go throse those tones their mine

amoebaboy said:

there is no way i could afford an ac 30, so i went out and bought a vox  valvetronix , the real thing it aint, but it still sounds friggin awesome.

its the cheap alternative, for folks like me who hardly have a pot to piss in.

loads of classic amp models to choose from with a selection of useable fx on board.

seriously, go and try one, our guitarist has a cool  orange tube amp, even he was impressed by it

• December 11, 2011 3:54 PM CST
    • there is no way i could afford an ac 30, so i went out and bought a vox  valvetronix , the real thing it aint, but it still sounds friggin awesome.

its the cheap alternative, for folks like me who hardly have a pot to piss in.

loads of classic amp models to choose from with a selection of useable fx on board.

seriously, go and try one, our guitarist has a cool  orange tube amp, even he was impressed by it

• December 11, 2011 7:13 PM CST
    • Dick Miller gets about 37TH billing.     "WHATTAHYA ? ONE O' THOSE DUMB ANGELS? IF YOU'D BEEN AT ANZIO , YOU'D KNOW WHAT THAT JUNK MEANS! YOU WOULD'NT BE WEARIN' THE IRON CROSS AN' DA SWASTIKA!!! ........WE USED TO KILL GUYS WHO WORE DAT KINDA GARBAGE !!!".     THE ENVELOPE , PLEASE.....

• December 11, 2011 7:08 PM CST
    • "Loser! We'll NEVER get this place fixed up !"   "SO WHAT ?!".

Bry Nylon said:

Hi John ...got an old 1 sided radio spot - 1min / 30sec / 10sec ...maybe it was the same film under another name 'Hells Angels on Wheels' ? - apparently Jack Nicholsons 1st film -

John Battles said:

Also by the bad , bad Crestones , "The Chopper" . Probably one of the first Rock'n'Roll songs to refer directly to choppers."So if you're cruisin' around , lookin' for a go , come around the South Side of Chicago. I'll show you what I mean when my chopper starts to scream !".

kopper said:

• December 11, 2011 4:44 PM CST
    • Kyla mentioned our band, but I will put in a two bit chirp as well.  We are motorcycle themed rock and roll.  You can hear it on the bandcamp www.theviciouscycles.bandcamp.com

All motorcycles all the time.

Billy

• December 11, 2011 6:19 PM CST
    • EVERYONE!!  I've had a few requests in the last few weeks, so I'm thinking of doing an ALL REQUEST SHOW this Friday on The Metaphysical Circus.  So I need everyone to send me your requests!  But there are rules...read below:
      1. Keep requests limited to music from 1955 to 1975 only (that's my show's specialty)
      2. Any genre is fine as long as it's rock and pop oriented.  So no classical, no jazz (but I will play jazz-fusion artists), no blues (unless it's blues-rock oriented), etc etc.
      3. Give me three songs in order of the one you prefer most.  This is in case I don't have the song you want to hear, or if I have time to play two requests.  
      4. Send requests to my email Eggmanrulzzz@aol.com or to my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633451328&ref=tn_tnmn
      5. Don't make requests unless you actually plan to tune in.  For more info on The Metaphysical Circus such as what day/time go here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metaphysical-Circus-with-The-Eggman-An-Obscure-Oldies-Radio-Program/182326748511750

Get to it!

• December 11, 2011 5:42 PM CST
    • Rezurex (Hollywood)

Altar Relics (San Diego) - not as 'spooky' but friends of mine, really nice dudes.

• December 11, 2011 12:28 PM CST
    • This week I heard the Cardiac Kidz for the first time and it totally blew my mind. After that I found their Get Out LP on the Internet. The thing is that I wanna know more about them. I know they're from San Fran and that they got back together last year, but that's about it.

Is someone here a fan or have ever seen em live?