Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• October 29, 2011 5:04 PM CDT
    • Actually, they aren't scheduled to play, BUT, it's known throughout the years that they have shown up to check out the show. A friend went last year and he saw Dave Hartman there, who I think was sitting in playing drums for Mad Tea Party. So, it's a good possibility that I will run into at least one of them!

John Battles said:

joey , Chapel Hill/ Are Southern Culture on The Skids playing?
      Sounds like fun. They never do anything in Chicago for Elvis Presley Death Week , or his Birthday.

joey fuckup said:

It's very possible I will be going to the Elvisfest event here in the States (Chapel Hill, NC), which is a celebration of Elvis Presley's birthday. It's a 2 nighter with a whole slew of bands from such genres as garage, psychobilly, country, punk, and surf. It's an annual show that's been running strong for around 13 years now I think. This will be the first one I've ever gotten to attend, and most notably, the Malamondos and Gojira-X are the top two acts I hope to catch. That will be in January, but after that, I'm not sure. It seems most good shows are out of town, so that means ROAD TRIP, which is a good thing!

• October 29, 2011 3:39 PM CDT
    • joey , Chapel Hill/ Are Southern Culture on The Skids playing?
      Sounds like fun. They never do anything in Chicago for Elvis Presley Death Week , or his Birthday.

joey fuckup said:

It's very possible I will be going to the Elvisfest event here in the States (Chapel Hill, NC), which is a celebration of Elvis Presley's birthday. It's a 2 nighter with a whole slew of bands from such genres as garage, psychobilly, country, punk, and surf. It's an annual show that's been running strong for around 13 years now I think. This will be the first one I've ever gotten to attend, and most notably, the Malamondos and Gojira-X are the top two acts I hope to catch. That will be in January, but after that, I'm not sure. It seems most good shows are out of town, so that means ROAD TRIP, which is a good thing!

• October 29, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
    • I guess I shoulD add , Vanian reminded me of Chas. Laughton because he had a MONACLE.

The  Dyes (Look 'em up on youtube)did their yearly Cramps tribute , with help from members of Thee Invaders and The Bamalamas. It was great. It got very spooky , as "Lux" (Mike) accidentally hit "Ivy" (Lisa)with a piece of the mike stand , from behind ( She did'nt appear to be hurt.) . The exact same thing happened at The Cramps' penultimate Chicago gig in 2003 !

John Battles said:

Nice pic. If you scroll up , you'll see that I was there , too. I could'nt believe they did the first album , first , but I guess they wanted to get it out of the way. I've seen them 4 times since they started touring the States , again , in '97, and they've always put on a great show.

But , they also , generally have only done the two "Hits" from the 1st LP , "New Rose" and "Neat , Neat , Neat". Once , when they and The The Dickies blew the "Misfits" , Agnostic Front and Balzac from Japan (Who , at least ,were better at being The Misfits than The Misfits playing that night.) off the stage , they also did "See Her Tonight".But , I was looking forward to seeing them do the first album , live , even tho' it's not the original band (It's a real band tho' , and a very good one.). Oh , well. That's my lot. Dave looks like Lionel Atwill with that moustachue. I saw him on TV A YEAR OR TWO AGO , HE REMINDED ME OF A THINNER , UHHH , straight , version of Charles Laughton. But , I think that was more his theatrical mannerisms than his appearance.  

Brian Shapiro said:

Saw The Damned for the first time last Tuesday, great show

• October 29, 2011 1:32 PM CDT
    • It's very possible I will be going to the Elvisfest event here in the States (Chapel Hill, NC), which is a celebration of Elvis Presley's birthday. It's a 2 nighter with a whole slew of bands from such genres as garage, psychobilly, country, punk, and surf. It's an annual show that's been running strong for around 13 years now I think. This will be the first one I've ever gotten to attend, and most notably, the Malamondos and Gojira-X are the top two acts I hope to catch. That will be in January, but after that, I'm not sure. It seems most good shows are out of town, so that means ROAD TRIP, which is a good thing!

• October 28, 2011 8:55 PM CDT
    • Cymbals Eat Guitars and they sucked. Attending the Norton 25th in a couple of weeks and Hot Snakes in December.

• October 29, 2011 3:14 PM CDT
    • LAWDY MISS CLAWDY , DON'T JUMP THAT FENCE !!!

Old School Hero said:

Just don't mess with his ducktail, hot dog man.

• October 29, 2011 2:02 PM CDT
    • Just don't mess with his ducktail, hot dog man.

• October 29, 2011 1:42 PM CDT
    • it was a joke mina. sorry for it's weakness. it was a satire on over sensitivity.

Mina said:

OMG what the fuck is your problem dude? You already have started the worst thread on the Hideout with your dumbfuck question 'What is garagemusic?' and now you're telling me how to speak to you? Get real dude. The duh part means it's fucking obvious that the fucking podcasts are the best part of the Hideout. Now stfu. If you think this was an attack or provocation, then you got a lot to learn. You have no idea what I'm capable of.

DEPRAVOS DE LA MOUR said:

we consider your "duh" to be an unparalleled attack and an all around uncalled for provocation. you should be ashamed! please dial it down. we are pretty sensitive.

Mina said:
      The Podcasts duh

• October 29, 2011 1:40 PM CDT
    • thank you for asking. since this is really personal i will speak for only myself instead of my band. my name is louie.

the thing that i love and most appreciate here is that it is one man's singular vision. i get no sense of committee compromise that leads to pleasant but decidedly weak tea. all the other band and music sights are nothing more than bullshit advertising scams aimed at potential suckers. they are loathesome fee generators for asinine competitions that are dubious in a really criminal way. they prey on people who are genuinely trying to create something of worth. that is just evil. please note i am not talking about personal music blogs. i am talking about worthless time wasters like reverbnation and the like.

what has been achieved here is astounding. great passion and care is everywhere. the podcasts and the truly mind blowing comps that illustrate the astounding wealth of real artists whose only reward can only be doing what they believe to be true. when first coming here i thought it would turn out to be of traditional worthlessness. the quality of the music on the comps stomped hard on that thought. they mostly put the big label indies to shame.

what is my least favorite thing here? it has to do with the fact that i have always been a band leader. i would never work on someone elses dream. mine must always be the guiding vision. that said i know that i would be worthless without the my fellow band members whose talent is far greater than mine. i can't even play an instrument for chrissake. what i contribute is a firm and resolute idea of what is right for my band. they come up with the ideas and i work to shape them into something i consider unique. that is my job.

seeing kopper work i get a feeling what it is like to be in someone elses dream. it makes me think and feel uncomfortable. but it also makes me see the rewards that can be had.

so my least favorite thing is that it is one man's singular vision.

joey fuckup said:

How about revealing what YOUR "favorite" or "least" favorite things are?

• October 29, 2011 12:56 PM CDT
    • How about revealing what YOUR "favorite" or "least" favorite things are?

• October 29, 2011 12:52 PM CDT
    • we consider your "duh" to be an unparalleled attack and an all around uncalled for provocation. you should be ashamed! please dial it down. we are pretty sensitive.

Mina said:

The Podcasts duh

• October 29, 2011 12:37 PM CDT
    • we are sorry you do not wish to share your most favorite thing.  that is cool.
      joey fuckup said:

Well, I've already told you my "least fave" thing...As for my "can't do without"? The entire site (to me) is a total package, with rewards around every corner. Like Kopper has pointed out, there's the podcasts, the comps, etc. So much on here, if people would take the time and explore. That's all you have to do, just poke around, and you won't have to worry about overlooking anything.

we understand your point joey but let us make this  clearer. your least favorite thing does not necessarily mean a complaint. if you have a list of 20 favorite things in some sort of order then your 20th thing would be your least favorite. possibly the thing you care about least. we are trying to see how others are using and enjoying the site so we can maybe find something cool we have overlooked. don't you think that exchange of insight would be helpful to everyone? what is your "can't do without it" here?

joey fuckup said:
      Well, I'm not sure about anybody's "least favorite" thing, but there shouldn't even be a category for that, honestly. This site offers many rewards (socializing, free music, fun groups to join, etc.), and I know you don't mean any disrespect, but nobody on here has any right to complain about anything (not saying YOU are) especially since this is a FREE social network. And regardless of what certain people don't like, even if THAT something changes, people will still complain about it. That would be my "least favorite" thing...People complained about the layout of the site, so Kopper simplified it, and still people had the nerve to bitch about it. So I guess that's my "least favorite" thing, people who come on here, join for FREE, and complain. If they don't like it, they have the choice of not coming back on here...

• October 29, 2011 12:33 PM CDT
    • Well, I've already told you my "least fave" thing...As for my "can't do without"? The entire site (to me) is a total package, with rewards around every corner. Like Kopper has pointed out, there's the podcasts, the comps, etc. So much on here, if people would take the time and explore. That's all you have to do, just poke around, and you won't have to worry about overlooking anything.

we understand your point joey but let us make this  clearer. your least favorite thing does not necessarily mean a complaint. if you have a list of 20 favorite things in some sort of order then your 20th thing would be your least favorite. possibly the thing you care about least. we are trying to see how others are using and enjoying the site so we can maybe find something cool we have overlooked. don't you think that exchange of insight would be helpful to everyone? what is your "can't do without it" here?

joey fuckup said:
      Well, I'm not sure about anybody's "least favorite" thing, but there shouldn't even be a category for that, honestly. This site offers many rewards (socializing, free music, fun groups to join, etc.), and I know you don't mean any disrespect, but nobody on here has any right to complain about anything (not saying YOU are) especially since this is a FREE social network. And regardless of what certain people don't like, even if THAT something changes, people will still complain about it. That would be my "least favorite" thing...People complained about the layout of the site, so Kopper simplified it, and still people had the nerve to bitch about it. So I guess that's my "least favorite" thing, people who come on here, join for FREE, and complain. If they don't like it, they have the choice of not coming back on here...

• October 29, 2011 12:30 PM CDT
    • those 2 favorites are great and  indispensable. don't know about the missing joiners but we don't think we have ever seen spam on this sight. unless we have a different definition of spam of course.

kopper said:

My favorite thing (besides the obvious: the amazing podcasts and the free Hideout compilations) would be people who use the site for its intended purpose (networking, talking about this music, exchanging information, sharing music, videos, etc.), and least favorite would be a tie between people who sign up just to spam us and those who sign up but then never return.

• October 29, 2011 12:24 PM CDT
    • we understand your point joey but let us make this  clearer. your least favorite thing does not necessarily mean a complaint. if you have a list of 20 favorite things in some sort of order then your 20th thing would be your least favorite. possibly the thing you care about least. we are trying to see how others are using and enjoying the site so we can maybe find something cool we have overlooked. don't you think that exchange of insight would be helpful to everyone? what is your "can't do without it" here?

joey fuckup said:

• October 29, 2011 12:15 PM CDT
    • My favorite thing (besides the obvious: the amazing podcasts and the free Hideout compilations) would be people who use the site for its intended purpose (networking, talking about this music, exchanging information, sharing music, videos, etc.), and least favorite would be a tie between people who sign up just to spam us and those who sign up but then never return.

• October 29, 2011 12:06 PM CDT
    • Well, I'm not sure about anybody's "least favorite" thing, but there shouldn't even be a category for that, honestly. This site offers many rewards (socializing, free music, fun groups to join, etc.), and I know you don't mean any disrespect, but nobody on here has any right to complain about anything (not saying YOU are) especially since this is a FREE social network. And regardless of what certain people don't like, even if THAT something changes, people will still complain about it. That would be my "least favorite" thing...People complained about the layout of the site, so Kopper simplified it, and still people had the nerve to bitch about it. So I guess that's my "least favorite" thing, people who come on here, join for FREE, and complain. If they don't like it, they have the choice of not coming back on here...

• October 29, 2011 11:12 AM CDT
    • this is not an attack or an ass kissing session. this is something we could all possibly use to better take advantage of the sight. this can be petty or deep. it would all be helpful. we are all mostly united in our fondness.

• October 29, 2011 12:47 AM CDT
    • Show #347: "Halloween Special: Rock 'N' Roll Monsters, Ghouls & Ghosts" playlist:

Goblin - "Black Forest"
      The Banshees [CA] - "They Prefer Blondes"
      The Gremlins [US] - "Wait"
      The Phantom Brothers - "Chicago"
      The Spirit [NY] - "No Time To Rhyme"
      The Phantoms [NL] - "Roadrunner"
      The Things - "In Your Soul"
      The Trolls [CO] - "That's The Way My Love Is"
      Mike Rabin & The Demons - "Head Over Heels"
      The Creatures, Inc. - "Letters Of Love"
      The Devil's Brigade - "Dreaming Is"
      Kenny & The Fiends - "Moon Shot"
      Phantom [MI] - "Calm Before The Storm
      Reign Ghost - "Black Ode"
      Spirit [CA] - "Uncle Jack"
      The Troll - "Satin City News"
      The Zombies - "She Does Everything For Me"
      Jimmy Satan - "What's It All About"
      The Banshees [US] - "I've Had It"
      The Devil's Anvil - "Besaha"
      Os Mutantes - "A Minha Menina"
      The Phantom Five - "Graveyard"
      The Devil's Own - "I Just Wanna Make Love"
      Satan's Chyldren - "Don't Go"
      The Spirits - "Almost There"
      The Phantoms [OR] - "Story Of A Rich Man"
      The Trolls [CA] - "Walking Shoes"
      The Vampires' Sound Incorporation - "Psycho Contact, Part Five"
      Mal Ryder & The Spirits - "Your Friends"
      The Banshees [IL] - "Project Blue"
      Death - "You're A Prisoner"
      The Gremlins [NZ] - "Ballad Of A Busker"
      The Phantom [AL] - "Love Me"
      Electric Frankenstein - "Moon Walk"
      The Spooks - "The Spook Walks"
      Wolfman Jack & The Wolf Pack - "Wolfman Boogie (Part 2)"
      Rupert & The Red Devils - "It's For You"
      The Phantoms [VA] - "I Want To See Her Cry"
      The Creatures - "String Along"
      The "D" Men - "So Little Time"
      The Ghost - "Night Of The Warlock"
      Groovie Goolies - "One, Two, Three"
      The Perpetuated Spirits Of Turpentine - "I'm A Lucky Guy"
      The Satan's Breed - "Laugh Myself To The Grave"
      Spirit Of John Morgan - "I Want You"
      The Demons - "You"
      Banchee - "The Night Is Calling"
      New Trolls - "Searching"
      Demon Fuzz - "Message To Mankind"
      The Satans - "Makin' Deals"
      The Spirits Of Blue Lightning - "Love Muscle"
      Satan & The D-Men - "She'll Lie"
      The Vampires - "New Love"
      Brett Young & The Ghost Squad - "Never Again"
      The Vampires Of Dartmoore - "Die Folterkammer Des Dr. Sex"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/347.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/347.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• October 28, 2011 5:22 PM CDT
    • Show #347: "Halloween Special: Rock 'N' Roll Monsters, Ghouls & Ghosts"

Every 3 weeks I leave an open slot to do random themes and whatnot. This week I'm doing a different kind of Halloween theme, bands & artists with names dealing with some sort of monster, ghoul, ghost, etc. I figured every other radio DJ in the world is doing Halloween themed music, so I decided to do Halloween themed band names. The music really has nothing to do with Halloween at all, just the name of the band! Tune in tonight (friday) at 10pm to hear bands like: Goblin, 3 different Banshees, 2 different Gremlins, The Spirit, 3 different Phantoms, 2 different Trolls, Kenny & The Fiends, Phantom, Reign Ghost, Spirit, The Troll, Zombies, The Devil's Anvil, Os Mutantes, The Phantom Five, The Devil's Own, Satan's Chyldren, Death, The Phantom, Wolfman Jack & The Wolf Pack, The Creatures, The Ghost, Groovie Goolies, Spirit Of John Morgan, Banchee, New Trolls, Demon Fuzz, The Vampires, The Vampires Of Dartmoore, and many many more!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• October 28, 2011 8:58 PM CDT
    • When I asked them why they weren't coming to NYC, they said that last time they came no one came to their show. NYC really doesn't appreciate the classic acts. It's sad.

• October 28, 2011 7:45 PM CDT
    • Playlist Oct 27/2011

This is the final edition of The Fryfogles Years specials...for those that don't know, Fryfogles a club here in London Ontario up until the early 80's. Literally TONS of cool and not so cool bands played there over the years. We concentrated on bands that played there approximately 30 years ago, as this is CHRW's 30th anniversary.

1. UIC...Crop Dusting...from the Our Garage LP that came out in 1986. UIC were THE BEST band to ever come out of Exeter Ontario!! Fuck the rest, these guys were The Best from Exeter!! They wisely left Exeter and moved to Toronto where they became fixtures on the scene.

2. UIC...Green Lady...from the Wiseman Sessions....the BEST sessions these guys ever did!! We're still trying to get this one released on vinyl. Fred, are you reading this?!?

Some contact sheets of Ted of UIC in action.....from the archives.

3. Durango 95...Sandra Sez...from the Lose Control LP on Star Records. Way cool Oshawa combo who merged into The Purple Toads a few years later and played many shows at the Key West here in London Ontario.

4. Durango 95...Guitar Guitar Guitar...from the Mother's Day LP on Star Records, released in 1990, long after these guys had packed it in.

5. Flipper...Way Of The World...from the Album LP. Flipper only played once here, and they somehow had members of the opening band up on stage with them for part of their show at Fryfogles.

6. Forgotten Rebels...This Ain't Hollywood...from the OPM CD. This song title is presently used by the coolest venue this side of Toronto. The Forgotten Rebels played just about everywhere here in London, starting in the summer of 1980 and just played this past summer at Call The Office. That's over 30 years of obnoxiousness!!

7. Battered Wives...Angry Young Man....from the first LP as drummer Cleave Anderson pointed out to me that they played Fryfogles and members of The Romantics were in the crowd watching them!! And the Battered Wives opened for Elvis Costello at Alumni Hall here in London in the fall of 1978. I'm still kicking my ass for not going to that show! My logic at the time, was that it wasn't punk enough for me! Call me stupid!!

8. 63 Monroe...Weekend Punx...from the Rumbleskunk compilation CD as there's a feature on their previous namesake, NFG in the fanzine that came with the CD. These guys are from London Ontario and recently released a 7"....but they wanted 12"

9. Magazine....A Song From Under The Floorboards...from An Alternative Use Of Soap LP. It was a Howard Devoto show at Fryfogles and he did play some Magazine songs i've been told.

10. Robbie Rox...Reeming Me...from the Construction Site LP. Toronto musician who had a shaved head back in the late 70's before it was trendy and sang in a very high voice, yet he looked like a wrestler! Oxymorons to the max with this guy and most of his jazz tinged tunes dealt with putdowns of people he didn't like, which seemed to be just about everybody! My fave song by him is "I'll Be Fucked" where he almost sounds like Blood Sweat And Tears until you realize he's repeating I'll Be Fucked If I Do!!! Priceless!! I was a big fan and made a drunken fool of myself when he played at Fryfogles, screaming out for songs that he hadn't played in years. Yep, i got the evil stink eye from Robbie that night! And Rena ended up dragging my drunken ass home before the bouncers could escort me out!

11. Mettle...5/4...from the Domestic Animals cassette of London Ontario bands. And recorded live at Fryfogles 10/23/81. Former Demic Robert Brent goes artrock.

12. The Hippies....Nuclear Disaster...from their one and only 7"...Many years later, this band, minus singer Kelly Mulvey morphed into The Boy From Nowhere with Jon Traut on vocals.

13. Dead Rabbits...No Way...local combo who released nothing back in the day, but reformed in 2002 for a Boot To The Head (reference to the Blue Boot, original name of The Cedar Lounge which was the punk mecca back in the day)..recorded at Call The Office.

14. Dead Rabbits...Your Ego...as above. Should mention regular listener Kerry Piper drummed for this outfit of criminals.

15. The Diodes...Time Damage...from their first LP from 1978. First punk band in Canada to release a record, first punk band in Canada to be on a major label and first punk band to play here in London Ontario!! And they're coming back to London on Friday Nov 18th at Call The Office...all 4 original members!

16. The Diodes...Noise...from the Sony Best of CD.

The Diodes at Call The Office June 2010...

17. The Diodes...Tired Of Waking Up Tired...from their 1978 LP Released.

18. The Rattlers...Little Black Egg...from the Rattled! CD on Dionysus. These guys opened for 999 6/12/81 at Fryfogles...another show that i missed.

19. Goddo...Hard Years....from their first LP from 1978. Not sure if Goddo played Fryfogles, but they definitely played at Ye Olde City Hall just up the street back in 1978. They did a 3 night stint there, and me and my buddy Derek (RIP) were right up front for all 3 nights. One night, right in the middle of a song, Greg Godovitz jumped on top of our table while doing a guitar solo and we both had to hold the table to prevent it from tipping over dumping Greg and our beers!! ANd Goddo is coming back to London on Nov 17 to Downtown Kathy Browns.

20. Rough Trade...It's A Jungle...from their Avoid Freud LP. Rough Trade also played The Spoke here at the University and she made a comment playing in the rec room of the country club at the University. I've got a live tape of that show somewhere and it'll get played on this radio show some day.

21. The Mods...Step Out Tonite....from the 22 MOnths CD on OPM. They played The Cedar Lounge 2 times and drummer David Steinberg went on to play with Stiv Bators and in a late version of The Dead Boys. He's now a bigwig lawyer in Toronto but still gets behind the kit every once in awhile!

That's a wrap on The Fryfogle Years. It was a lot of fun digging out records for this one and we got some pretty cool comments about it, so we may do specials on other venues from days gone by as we preserve London's musical history here at Radio What Wave.
      Thanx to everyone who contributed to CHRW's Fundraising drive during our show....Kerry, Dan, Rena, Ashley and Cory!!! Kudos to you guys!!

Next week we'll be spinning a bunch of new stuff and maybe a coupla things that didn't get played on this show.

The London Record show is this sunday at Centennial Hall here in London....come say HEY at the CHRW table!!

And we've got another big show coming up on Sat Nov 5th...The Hook Up, The Fine Print and The Reply at Brennan's Beer Bistro on Clarence St in Downtown London...9:30PM showtime!!!  Here's the facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=252194134820010&ref=ts

And here's the link to listen to the archive for this show:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

The Hook Up at Grooves Records, Sept 2011.

• October 28, 2011 6:26 PM CDT
    • ....Sure , I used to like The Doors. But , we've had Jim Morrisson coming out of our ears since about 1980 - 81. Musically , I would'nt hold them against the original Animals , either , but , that's just me. When I was a kid in the 70's , the only Doors songs I ever heard on the radio were Love Her Madly , Hello , I Love You , and Light My Fire , and only the latter in rotation. I remember hearing Riders on The Storm a lot for a while , but , that would have been right after Morrisson passed away. I knew who they were , and who HE was , by the time I was in Jr. High , but , they really were'nt a big deal at the time. They were'nt popular in the way Jimi Hendrix was popular with younger people....yet. I THINK jIM WAS PROBABLY INFLUENCED , TO A DEGREE , BY ERIC , and The Doors , to some extent , by the classic Animals lineup. Probably . But , EVERYTHING i'D EVER READ ABOUT tHE dOORS , THEY'D SAY that Love was the band to beat. The Seeds' names only started getting dropped , recently.

Nick X said:

Yeah, I think the only reason I compared them is because they both have baritone voices, also because I was drinking gin and tonics and playing "It's my Life" really loud and got caught up in the moment pondering why Eric Burdon's status as a rock icon didn't carry over into today's generation like Jim's Did. In my world it did, ha. Like Kopper said, I was never a massive Doors fan, Jim openly stole riffs from the Kinks and fancied himself some kind of post modern poet. Eric was just a salt of the earth blues singer trapped in a white kids body.

DanyHell2011 said:

They are completely different from each other. It is like compare wine and beer. Maybe you would prefer one or another, but it is a matter of taste and not who is better than the other. 

• October 28, 2011 5:13 PM CDT
    • The Big Mix – 12/24/2010

1. Zig Zag Wanderer – Captain Beefheart
      2. I’m Not A Bad Guy – Heinz
      3. Hava Nagila – Dick Dale
      4. Too Much Monkey Business – The Yardbirds
      5. Killer On The Lamb – Banjo and Sullivan
      6. Kawanga! – Los Straitjackets
      7. Chug-a-lug (the eggnog song) – Roger Miller
      8. In The Past – We The People
      9. Hand A Bowl – Culture
      10. Love In A Void – Armitage Shanks w/ Kyra Rubella
      11. Baby’s Liquored Up – Beat Farmers
      12. Sally Let Your Bangs Hang Down – Maddox Brothers and Rose
      13. Sling That Thing – Andre Williams
      14. What You Lack In Brains – Batusis
      15. You Drive Me Ape You Big Gorilla – The Dickies
      16. Chocolate Moose Theme - Chocolate Moose
      17. I’ve Laid Some Down In My Time – Colton’s Big Boss Band
      18. Love To See You Bleed – Roky Erickson
      19. Snack Crack – Wild Billy Childish and the MBEs
      20. Smiling Like A Killer – Motorhead
      21. Spoiled Rotten – Chinese Millionaires
      22. El Entierro de los Gatos – Los Saicos
      23. She Said Alright – The Easybeats
      24. Banned In Jerusalem – Acid Baby Jesus
      25. Little Boy – Movie Star Junkies
      26. 3 Poison Kisses – 44DD

Bonus Tracks (The host of the next show was late – snowstorm)

1. Goo Goo Muck – Ronnie Cook and the Gay Lads
      2. Come On Kid – The Stingrays
      3. Can’t Be Touched – T Model Ford
      4. Lick The Pipe Peter – Lee Scratch Perry
      5. Brains In My Feet – Purple Canteen
      6. Boys From County Hell – The Pogues
      7. 15’ Of Pure White Snow – Nick Cave
      8. Shakin’ – Groundhogs

• October 28, 2011 4:33 PM CDT
    •  My Old Band, The Hexxers had a Hallmark Sponsorship. I still have the bass pictured on the right, but I changed the pickguard to a tortoise shell guard.