Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Guerilla Shows

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 8, 2011 3:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My favorite!!! The rule is you can't bring a power generator... it has to be taken from an electrical outlet, otherwise it is not guerilla.

IKEA:

Ty Segall Show:

Wendy's:

Pretty sure no one else is doing it like this.

• May 7, 2012 1:53 PM CDT
    • Untitled

The rock n roll madness carried on when neighbours complained and the police were called. I once read Kerrang's list of crazy rock n roll stunts. It included the 2003 Darkness act at Reading Festival when the singer got everyone to stick their thumbs up instead of their middle fingers. I despair with them.

The Pulsebeats said:

This is amazing stuff.

You've gotta love how the mainstream music press is completely unaware of where any sort of pulse is. The NME's reaction is, "They put a gig on in their house! Who puts a gig on in their house?! Crazy!"

Bring on more Ikea gigs. Love it.

• May 6, 2012 3:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Didn't Pete Doherty start by doing Guerilla gigs in The Albion Rooms?

• May 6, 2012 1:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is amazing stuff.

You've gotta love how the mainstream music press is completely unaware of where any sort of pulse is. The NME's reaction is, "They put a gig on in their house! Who puts a gig on in their house?! Crazy!"

Bring on more Ikea gigs. Love it.

• May 2, 2012 10:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Heh. Then that is probably why it sounds familiar... Thanks!

For some reason, I thought it was a cover (probably because they played covers in the other videos).

Good tunes. 

Mike Humsgreen said:

Check out the first Hideout comp! I'm pretty sure the rule on those records was no covers :p

The Ungodly 77s said:

The song you played at the bikini bar, I know I heard it before. Who originally did it and what is the name of the song?

thanks,

Will Crum said:

The Wendy's gig was the first guerilla thing we EVER did, and the guy who filmed it is sitting on the footage doing nothing (despite his promise to see more.) Sure it will see light of day at some point. Here's another one y'all might like:

• May 1, 2012 3:35 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Check out the first Hideout comp! I'm pretty sure the rule on those records was no covers :p

The Ungodly 77s said:

The song you played at the bikini bar, I know I heard it before. Who originally did it and what is the name of the song?

thanks,

Will Crum said:

The Wendy's gig was the first guerilla thing we EVER did, and the guy who filmed it is sitting on the footage doing nothing (despite his promise to see more.) Sure it will see light of day at some point. Here's another one y'all might like:

• May 1, 2012 2:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thanks,

Will Crum said:

• May 1, 2012 2:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A local band in my little town just did this a few days back: guerrilla show at the local Salvation Army (in Ann Arbor, Mi). I think many of the instruments were toys and things the store had "on the shelves". His band is called The Rainbow Vomit Family Band, but they are calling themselves the Junkyard Hangover Band in this video (probably because they were hung over and playing crap at the thrift store).

• April 30, 2012 6:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is so cool, man. My town needed my old band to do this in a bad way, but we didn't have the balls. I think you've inspired me!

• May 16, 2011 3:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks!
      Doing a few shows in Toronto right now, and we have some wild guerilla shows coming up here in the next week.

St. John's!!!!!! Been really hyped on going there. This summer most likely.

Mopey Mumble-Mouse said:

i cannot tell you how many kinds of happy this makes me.

here in st. john's NL there have been a couple guerrila shows in Bannerman Park. they run an extension cord out to this little gazebo. (i actually missed these shows unfortunately.)

oh, and a blue dano 56, fuck yeah. mopey play a redburst 63, a white 56 pro, and i myself have a tangerine dano pro tuned to D standard.

• May 16, 2011 3:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

For the whole security thing, my state of mind is always to act like you own the place and people don't give you trouble, especially when you tell them that higher management set the gig up. The guerilla show thing is so new (no one else has the balls to do it) that I have yet to encounter ANYONE that has a clue what we're doing.

duke cottonhead said:

how did you get your amp past security? if i tried that, they'd take me for a terrorist. you naughty boys!
    • May 16, 2011 2:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i cannot tell you how many kinds of happy this makes me.

here in st. john's NL there have been a couple guerrila shows in Bannerman Park. they run an extension cord out to this little gazebo. (i actually missed these shows unfortunately.)

oh, and a blue dano 56, fuck yeah. mopey play a redburst 63, a white 56 pro, and i myself have a tangerine dano pro tuned to D standard.

• May 16, 2011 12:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

how did you get your amp past security? if i tried that, they'd take me for a terrorist. you naughty boys!
    • May 11, 2011 5:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• May 11, 2011 4:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So where is the "whole video" of that Wendy's gig?

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• May 9, 2011 3:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool,

If someone did that at one my shows I would be mad a first, but totally into it after a minute or two. And yeah, I'd just be pissed I didn;t think of it ; ) Great videos !  

~T 

Will Crum said:

Well, we had our equipment in the shitter.. so no #2's. Though, the folks takin a piss loved it all.. then after a few minutes the bathroom got so packed you couldn't do anything in there except dance.

I'm not sure what Ty thought. Probabaly happy but also pissed he didn't think of it. I have a friend (who is a journalist) call the venue the next day. She spoke to the owner and they were happy about being crashed. I always expect cops and venues to get mad, but no one ever does. Rock n roll is fun!!!

• May 9, 2011 3:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haha.. joking aside, these videos are just the start.
    • May 9, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is great but needs to be kicked up many notches. Armed occupation of club, band gets in, ten minute set, gets out (with attendees as hostages, if necessary). By end of ten-city tour, band would be legendary.

• May 9, 2011 2:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, we had our equipment in the shitter.. so no #2's. Though, the folks takin a piss loved it all.. then after a few minutes the bathroom got so packed you couldn't do anything in there except dance.

I'm not sure what Ty thought. Probabaly happy but also pissed he didn't think of it. I have a friend (who is a journalist) call the venue the next day. She spoke to the owner and they were happy about being crashed. I always expect cops and venues to get mad, but no one ever does. Rock n roll is fun!!!

• May 9, 2011 2:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I picture some poor guy minding his own business taking a shit and wondering what the commotion is. Haha

BTW What did Ty think ?

~T
    • May 9, 2011 11:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, that would be a good idea... thanks!
    • May 9, 2011 11:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

this is sick!
    • May 9, 2011 7:58 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Genius. On trains there are often plug sockets, would be a good idea too.
    • May 8, 2011 7:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

this fucking rules!!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel