Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: favorite bands?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 13, 2010 5:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hhm.. just want a few opinions on bands and such so feel free to post.
    • June 23, 2010 7:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You can find almost every group I like here www.myspace.com/theerockinrod but to name a few:(geez, this is gonna look like I'm copying Kopper. I guess we love the classics) The Sonics, The Cramps, The Mummies, The Ramones, Girl Trouble, Thee Headcoats (plus other Billy Childish groups), The Makers, Mono Men, The Monks, Pretty Things, The Kinks, CCR (Yeah?), Young Fresh Fellows, Untamed Youth, ? and the Mysterians, The Woggles, and a whole lot of others.
    • June 23, 2010 10:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

oblivians done that tune called feel alright and it makes goose pimples up and down my spine! excellent group! one of them songs i never stop playing! im also grooving to quadrajets, motherfucker666, monjes, dugdugs, mexican 60´s electric frankenstein.. kopper said:
      The Sonics, The Mummies, the Oblivians, the Ramones, the Cramps, the Saints, the Wipers, the Real Kids, and on and on and on...
    • June 23, 2010 10:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

wot no Wildebeests, her her Rinjo Njori said:
      Masonics, The Buff Medways, New Bomb Turks, Mummies, Gories, Dirtbombs, Flamin's Groovies,
    • June 23, 2010 9:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Masonics, The Buff Medways, New Bomb Turks, Mummies, Gories, Dirtbombs, Flamin's Groovies,
    • June 23, 2010 9:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Vice Barons, Apemen, Link Wray, Dick Dale, Hillbilly Frankenstein, Sonics, Fuzztones, Bomboras, Speedball Jr., Vince Ray and the Boneshakers, The Astro Zombies, Tilt ...
    • June 23, 2010 9:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Turn that old copycat off lenny, yer impressing naebody, apert fae me an a'body listnin.
    • June 23, 2010 8:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

woops duplication, well as some old hardcore punk weird pals o mine were wont to sing of an evening 'you've been duplicated' o no here it comes again...woops duplication, well as some old hardcore punk weird pals o mine... Lenny Helsing said:
      Aye I just finished wrasslin' wi a haggis masel up oan they yon Grampionio hills there likesay, but eh luckily fur me it was a vegetariano haggis eh, an me bein a veggie long years now well i was glad i tell ye as it tasted - like a prime '66 garage punk black wax circle thingy - dead rare - haw haw... Now ah hope that was light enough for everybody, Steve included...
    • June 23, 2010 8:21 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Aye I just finished wrasslin' wi a haggis masel up oan they yon Grampionio hills there likesay, but eh luckily fur me it was a vegetariano haggis eh, an me bein a veggie long years now well i was glad i tell ye as it tasted - like a prime '66 garage punk black wax circle thingy - dead rare - haw haw... Now ah hope that was light enough for everybody, Steve included... Andy Climax said:
      mmmmmmmm! I'm Scottish mate. We don't even have the decency to send out rubbish football teams coz we're more crap than the pommes, an cricket is'nt even a sport. Haggis wrestling! now theres a sport. The mood is light here in Scotchland, England. The sun does funny things to our usual blue skintone. Keep it punk and leave the politics to the English and they can fuck that up too.
    • June 23, 2010 8:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Aye I just finished wrasslin' wi a haggis masel up oan they yon Grampionio hills there likesay, but eh luckily fur me it was a vegetariano haggis eh, an me bein a veggie long years now well i was glad i tell ye as it tasted - like a prime '66 garage punk black wax circle thingy - dead rare - haw haw... Now ah hope that was light enough for everybody, Steve included...
    • June 23, 2010 7:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Foul & Fair Records said:
      Gun Club
      ~T
      It's so hard to find "Fire of Love" on vinyl. One of the best albums of all time. RIP JLP.
    • June 23, 2010 7:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

mmmmmmmm! I'm Scottish mate. We don't even have the decency to send out rubbish football teams coz we're more crap than the pommes, an cricket is'nt even a sport. Haggis wrestling! now theres a sport. The mood is light here in Scotchland, England. The sun does funny things to our usual blue skintone. Keep it punk and leave the politics to the English and they can fuck that up too.
    • June 23, 2010 4:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Whoa! A bit off there mate. Say wot you want about men at work, the'yre shit. But Steve Irwine did more for animal protection and conservation worldwide than many other so called groups and organisations who have money at theyre heart. in Britain we have David Attenborough who if he was'nt a worldwide spokesperson for animals and mans existence we would be in a very very sad bad state. The problem with Australia and America is that it was colonated by fuckwit nations that killed first and asked questions later, hence the mass extinctions and worlwide climate fuck up man has and still does perpetuate. He left a very wonderfull family who keep his inexhaustable work going. if it was'nt for people like Steve Irwine, the planet would be right royally fucked! Think about yer crass statements before you write mate! Don't want this to turn into a political debate but that was a stupid fuckin standpoint from ya!
    • June 23, 2010 3:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Clash, The Open Mind, Zen, The Rezillos, The Remains, The Standells (but I was in a gig a week ago and it was horrible), Shocking Blue.. Every week I gave a favourite band and a favourite song...
    • June 22, 2010 4:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

...well, of course not exactly "GARAGE" or something, but still one of thee most important bands in Punk Rock history, at least in my opinion... Lubna Barracuda! said:
      and the Dead Kennedys? I know it's not exactly garage rock, but last night I saw Jello Biafra playn' with Guantanamo School of Medecine, and I'd remember that great San Fran Band...Dead Kennedys uber alles!
    • June 22, 2010 4:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well, here we go...
      THE CRAMPS
      RAMONES
      JERRY LEE LEWIS
      BO DIDDLEY
      THE SONICS
      BLUES EXPLOSION
      NEW BOMB TURKS
      GAUNT
      THE DEVIL DOGS
      ANGRY SAMOANS
      BILLY CHILDISH/HEADCOATS/MIGHTY CAESARS
      BLACK LIPS
      KING KHAN/BBQ/THE SPACESHITS
      DEMON'S CLAWS
      GUITAR WOLF...
      ...in no particular order and of course I may have missed a few bands here
    • June 22, 2010 2:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

and the Dead Kennedys? I know it's not exactly garage rock, but last night I saw Jello Biafra playn' with Guantanamo School of Medecine, and I'd remember that great San Fran Band...Dead Kennedys uber alles!
    • June 22, 2010 3:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

O yeah Andy the Scotsmen's 'Beer Bust Blues' fueled many a party night at some of our old Edinburgh garage punk club nights after it first appeared on ye olde GaRagE PuNk UnKnowNs LPs: "well it's friday night an that's mah night to howl...' Andy Climax said:
      yeah. Nice one Lenny. I always tend to forget about the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band. Part 2 is a great wee pop gem of wierdness and idiosyncracy. 'Scuse Me Miss Rose is in my top 20 altime garage tunes. gettin goosebumps even thinkin of it. Has anyone heard The Scotsmen, Beer Bust Blues. If not check it out. A finer garage there has yet to be made.
    • June 21, 2010 9:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can't say,I change opinion every five,ten seconds..
      at this moment I'd say...The GASOLINES!!
    • June 21, 2010 8:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm sure you forgot MEN AT WORK..I'm with you at all! dan melchior said:
      black lace, the toy dolls, joboxers, spandau ballet, kajagoogoo, the monks, chicago, haircut 100, the cynics, the swingin' neckbreakers,trad gras och stenar, the androids of mu, alternative television, the fall, franki valli and the four seasons, abba, chants r and b, the troggs, jim shepard, the upsetters (jamaica), can, five star, men without hats, midnight oil, matthew wilder, the outsiders, bob dylan, fleetwood mac, louie and the lovers, jacques dutronc, duran duran, the ighty sparrow, i roy, lone ranger, captain sinbad, mikey dread, everything on bullwackies, yabby you, suicide, the better beatles, ooga boogas, led zep, black sab, nazareth, the byrds, sir douglas quintet, jj cale, abc, human league, roxy music, survivor, - etc
      (I don't really like some of these bands)
    • June 21, 2010 7:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Question Mark and the Mysterians, Standells, the Monks, the Sonics, The fabulous Waylers, the Sparkles, Shadows of Knight, Gonn, We the People, Kinks, Yardbirds, Troggs, Count Five, Kingsmen, 13th Floor Elevators, Moving Sidewalks, Seeds, the Music machine, the Fuzztones...but, over all: THE CRAMPS.
    • June 21, 2010 7:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can't get enough of Gogol Bordello right now!!!
    • June 20, 2010 11:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah. Nice one Lenny. I always tend to forget about the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band. Part 2 is a great wee pop gem of wierdness and idiosyncracy. 'Scuse Me Miss Rose is in my top 20 altime garage tunes. gettin goosebumps even thinkin of it. Has anyone heard The Scotsmen, Beer Bust Blues. If not check it out. A finer garage there has yet to be made.
    • June 19, 2010 3:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

The Missing Links, Outsiders, The Seeds, The Beatstalkers, The Fairies, The Tornados & Heinz & The Wild Boys & The Outlaws, The Golden Dawn, The Sorrows, Sam Gopal, The Monks, Donovan, Mouse and the Traps, Manfred Mann, The Alarm Clocks, The Open Mind, Masters Apprentices, The Dovers, Pussy, Groep 1850, The Chocolate Watch Band, 1-2-6, The Misunderstood,The Boots, The Talismen, Incredible String Band, The Electric Prunes,The Poets, Peter and The Blizzards, The KInks, West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, The Motions, Neighb'rhood Chidr'n, Our Generation, The Kingsmen, The Marmalade, The New Age, The Koobas... Lenny Helsing said:
      The Pretty Things, Love, 13th Floor Elevators, Syd's The Pink Floyd, The Byrds, The Music Machine, The Rolling Stones...

kopper said:
      The Sonics, The Mummies, the Oblivians, the Ramones, the Cramps, the Saints, the Wipers, the Real Kids, and on and on and on...
    • June 19, 2010 1:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

anything Mick Collins was/is involved with,the Horrors,Regan Youth,anything Link Wray was involved in, anything Johnny Thunders touched, King Khan & BBQ Show, Paul Westerberg, the Kinks- this topic is torture. i could go on forever.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel