Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: forumies??

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 25, 2008 11:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

do any of yu gals get groupies? i find them few and far between and wonder if guys are kinda scared of us.....i've heard men claim that if you stick a chick on a bike or a guitar in her hands her sex appeal shoots through the roof, but we seem to only get the odd Star Trekker interested in us. weird.....

Smell it first...

• December 28, 2011 11:00 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep, no probs with your English :)

• December 27, 2011 6:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

btw, YOUR ENGLISH READS PERFECTLY FINE , HERE,   : )

RawCat / Ordinary Recs said:

My English is lame, I'm sorry, but if you don't mind, I'd like to share my experiences.
      I guess it's a little different here in Brasil. Although I think the guitar player (a boy) and the drummer (a girl) get more groupies (girls) than me, I can say I have my (nice) share. I've noticed they are younger (I mean 17-25); they say all kinds of nice stuff about you and your band, they want to buy the record, the t-shirt, everything... I think, in my experience, older men are actually intimidated by women on stage.
    • December 27, 2011 6:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I used to see Neko around , sometimes , before she "Made it". I can't imagine she was'nt getting hit on by cockier , more aggressive (i.e dull.) guys , back then. But , even , say , 10 years ago , she did'nt look very approachable. You mean I blew my chance? I'm KIDDING. 

Bev said:

Neko Case has wondered about this. But I posted that article I've linked to on Facebook and some musicians I know refuted that there is a male groupie shortage.
    • December 27, 2011 6:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They should'nt be , though. If they lived from the 80's (Or before) to the present, they've seen the changes that have taken place , from when you'd only see Women in Rock bands , here and there.

RawCat / Ordinary Recs said:

My English is lame, I'm sorry, but if you don't mind, I'd like to share my experiences.
      I guess it's a little different here in Brasil. Although I think the guitar player (a boy) and the drummer (a girl) get more groupies (girls) than me, I can say I have my (nice) share. I've noticed they are younger (I mean 17-25); they say all kinds of nice stuff about you and your band, they want to buy the record, the t-shirt, everything... I think, in my experience, older men are actually intimidated by women on stage.
    • December 27, 2011 6:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm probably the wrong one to advise you on this , but ,if you just go out before and after the show , as much as possible , and try to be sociable , esp. if it's with guys you might like , they should see all the wildness on stage is just in fun , and they should'nt be a - scared.

carolyn said:

I play guitar in a 3/4 girl garage band and there are some dudes that totally dig us. There's this punk that hangs around our band practices and loves talking about music with me and thinks I'm a "cutie" or something. However, we don't have loads of guys worshipping us. Most of the band sort of goes crazy at shows so maybe they're scared? haha.
    • December 22, 2011 2:49 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd love to be a spunky male groupie :):):)

John Battles said:

There definitely ARE Male Groupies , but , how they go about it is very different , at least , most of the time.... I've met Female rockers who were very sexy and very friendly , but , I was'nt trying to make them uncomfortable , just make conversation , and , they understood that. Whether it went beyond that , I'm pleadin' the fifth. Maybe some of them want to have Male Groupies. You have to understand , we Men are generally clueless on such matters.

Any guy with sense does'nt want to step over the line , or be out of line....

Maybe some Lady Rockers are'nt making their interest clear , because they don't want to be percieved a certain way , or they forget , WE'RE GUYS. We're the ones who need to be hit in the head once in a while , to know the other in interested.

I saw The Pandoras in '86 , and , while they had a lot of Male fans in attendance. Most of them were terrified by their sexual confidence and aggression. Not this boy.

• December 19, 2011 4:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There definitely ARE Male Groupies , but , how they go about it is very different , at least , most of the time.... I've met Female rockers who were very sexy and very friendly , but , I was'nt trying to make them uncomfortable , just make conversation , and , they understood that. Whether it went beyond that , I'm pleadin' the fifth. Maybe some of them want to have Male Groupies. You have to understand , we Men are generally clueless on such matters.

Any guy with sense does'nt want to step over the line , or be out of line....

Maybe some Lady Rockers are'nt making their interest clear , because they don't want to be percieved a certain way , or they forget , WE'RE GUYS. We're the ones who need to be hit in the head once in a while , to know the other in interested.

I saw The Pandoras in '86 , and , while they had a lot of Male fans in attendance. Most of them were terrified by their sexual confidence and aggression. Not this boy.

• June 15, 2011 7:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I front and play rhythm guitar in my punk rock band TV Tramps (the rest are dudes) and I can say that the main groupie type guys I've had were pariahs and shut ins! lol My boyfriend is pretty much my biggest and sexiest fan :)
    • April 7, 2011 12:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Neko Case has wondered about this. But I posted that article I've linked to on Facebook and some musicians I know refuted that there is a male groupie shortage.
    • January 18, 2011 7:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Duke of Earl -
      Thank you so much for offering to 'take one for the team'. Your generosity will not be forgotten ;-)

Smell it first...

• January 16, 2011 7:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes Hi, Im here to sign up for man-groupie-gigolo duty. Have no fear ladies.

• June 2, 2008 7:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel