Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Favorite albums from the first Punk era, '76-'80

Back To Topics
    (1 rate)
    • January 10, 2011 12:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Hey man you don't have to tell me it was rebel, I already know it, and yeah I also know about rat fink...a boo boo, but next you'll be telling me Link Wray wasn't punk ha ha...the thing is although we here all decide that The Sonics and the Seeds and all the 'rebel' mid-60s gangs are punk, it wasn't know as such at the time...and only when Lenny Kaye put the original 'Nuggets' together in the early 70s did anyone start using the term punk to mean raw and alive beat music...and of course it was only then that it was picked up by all the then new rebels, ie Ramones...Pistols, Damned, Clash, Adverts, Zeros, Saints, Eater, Boys, Rezillos, Valves, Scars, Prats, Dead Ks, Crime, Misfits, Exploited et cetera. I'm sure there will be many here who will agree...and me, well I ain't out to ruin it that's for sure...

ratoonie said:
      it was rebel!!!!!...... not pUnk!!........get out of your deniel!!!... rat fink was a super cool  thing* back in the 60,s....... dont ruin it!!!!!!!!

Lenny Helsing said:
      au contraire mister teen fink ratoonie man punk was around long before you think
    • January 10, 2011 11:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No, Ive never seen the DVD, but the albums sooo punk rock it hurts. If only the punk bands now could grasp this.

It doesn't have to be intelligent, doesn't need a manifesto of worldly causes, deep or even meaningful stuff. Just a bit of style&attitude+raw emotion was the recipe(wait, did I forget any ingredients?), I'll leave out practice since everybody knows punkrock bands don't practice,hehehe.

The 70s was the end of 3 generations of killer tunes. I look at 70s punk as the rocknroll apocalypse. None of that year zero BS spoke of in the Joe Strummer documentary(which was still pretty good except for that rubbish year zero theory) makes any sense to me.

Lenny Helsing said:

Zeros yeah tremendous teen punk...have u seen the dvd that came out by them its full of scorchin stuff!
    • January 10, 2011 11:07 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

it was rebel!!!!!...... not pUnk!!........get out of your deniel!!!... rat fink was a super cool  thing* back in the 60,s....... dont ruin it!!!!!!!!

Lenny Helsing said:
      au contraire mister teen fink ratoonie man punk was around long before you think
    • January 10, 2011 10:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

• January 10, 2011 10:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yesssssss!!...pUnk rock i s Punk rock!!!!   not the ol dude blues...not anything else!! pUnk rock was deemed Punk...when the ramones fired up in New york city..sex pistOls in EngLand!!!!!  1977;;;;;;; not 1940!!!!!!

ratoonie said:
      your a whak job!!!!

Lenny Helsing said:
      Alright teenfink doncha fink lots of us here know that already, I've thought that was a bit too much like statin the obvious a swe've already covered Seeds Elevators CWB Count V Sonics etc...but if ya wanna be really clever or even a little bit finnicky or pedantic bout it (;-?) let's say the orig punk era begins in and around the late 40s to mid 50s with Hooker and Wolf and
      Muddy and the mighty Bo and Chuck and Rosco and Sonny Boy and all them early raw r'n'b rockabilly blues and rock'n'roll cats...happy listenin Lenny
    • January 10, 2011 9:11 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Zeros yeah tremendous teen punk...have u seen the dvd that came out by them its full of scorchin stuff!
    • January 10, 2011 9:01 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Zeros-Don't Push Me Around, is one of my favorites.
    • January 9, 2011 3:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Excuse me ratoonie was that directed this way?
    • January 9, 2011 12:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

your a whak job!!!!

Lenny Helsing said:
      Alright teenfink doncha fink lots of us here know that already, I've thought that was a bit too much like statin the obvious a swe've already covered Seeds Elevators CWB Count V Sonics etc...but if ya wanna be really clever or even a little bit finnicky or pedantic bout it (;-?) let's say the orig punk era begins in and around the late 40s to mid 50s with Hooker and Wolf and
      Muddy and the mighty Bo and Chuck and Rosco and Sonny Boy and all them early raw r'n'b rockabilly blues and rock'n'roll cats...happy listenin Lenny
    • January 9, 2011 10:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

thats my point actually. In a nutshell. Its my up growing to punk music. Covering huge stuff outside punk defenition fence. I was sort of greaser, a pre-punk if you please. This is my soundtrack from that period and beyond. I really loved teddy boy rock and roll, rolling stones, yardbirds n all the brit blues pub rock glam whatever. Forefathers for the 77 punksters. Think Richard Penniman. Being the punkiest of them all. 77 was kind of in the middle of all this. Thats just my own way of punkin'

ratoonie said:
      well.Black sabath, alicce cooper,misfits, and half of the other bands you Listed are not pUnK
      bowie,...glitter! not a bad collection of music ...but most r not pUnk!!!!!!
      Rami LTX said:
      to make it more logical to find out reasons why punk, and how this form eventually defines then ...etc arent dominates rock genres, for myself i need to draw spesific timeline. Starting from age 14 to now: elvis presley - chuck berry - black sabbath - dr.feelgood - hurriganes - david bowie - ELO - alice cooper - uriah heep - new york dolls - sex pistols - ramones - tenpole tudor - crazy cavan & the rhythm rockers - polecats - stray cats - dead kennedys - cramps - meteors - stingrays - screaming lord sutch - pirates - terveet kädet - fall - go go's - blondie - gun club - heartbreakers - corpse grinders - misfits - plasmatics - ac dc - poison idea - husker du - butthole surfers - eugene chadbourne & shockabilly - marine girls - violent femmes - beat happening, and so on - the beat goes on.
    • January 9, 2011 10:25 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

• January 9, 2011 10:11 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

TeenFink said:
      the FIRST punk era was from '65-'67, not '76-'80. 65-67  was the begining of psychedelic!!!......Duh!!!!
    • January 9, 2011 10:08 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well.Black sabath, alicce cooper,misfits, and half of the other bands you Listed are not pUnK
      bowie,...glitter! not a bad collection of music ...but most r not pUnk!!!!!!
      Rami LTX said:
      to make it more logical to find out reasons why punk, and how this form eventually defines then ...etc arent dominates rock genres, for myself i need to draw spesific timeline. Starting from age 14 to now: elvis presley - chuck berry - black sabbath - dr.feelgood - hurriganes - david bowie - ELO - alice cooper - uriah heep - new york dolls - sex pistols - ramones - tenpole tudor - crazy cavan & the rhythm rockers - polecats - stray cats - dead kennedys - cramps - meteors - stingrays - screaming lord sutch - pirates - terveet kädet - fall - go go's - blondie - gun club - heartbreakers - corpse grinders - misfits - plasmatics - ac dc - poison idea - husker du - butthole surfers - eugene chadbourne & shockabilly - marine girls - violent femmes - beat happening, and so on - the beat goes on.
    • January 9, 2011 8:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

to make it more logical to find out reasons why punk, and how this form eventually defines then dominates rock genres, for myself i need to draw spesific timeline. Starting from age 14 to now: elvis presley - chuck berry - black sabbath - dr.feelgood - hurriganes - david bowie - ELO - alice cooper - uriah heep - new york dolls - sex pistols - ramones - tenpole tudor - crazy cavan & the rhythm rockers - polecats - stray cats - dead kennedys - cramps - meteors - stingrays - screaming lord sutch - pirates - terveet kädet - fall - go go's - blondie - gun club - heartbreakers - corpse grinders - misfits - plasmatics - ac dc - poison idea - husker du - butthole surfers - eugene chadbourne & shockabilly - marine girls - violent femmes - beat happening, and so on - the beat goes on.
    • January 1, 2011 10:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

it wasnt cald Punk .........back then!!! get your shit together!!!!!

TeenFink said:
      the FIRST punk era was from '65-'67, not '76-'80.
    • January 1, 2011 10:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Compilation albums:

BEACH BLVD LP 1979

TOOTH & NAIL LP 1979

YES L.A. 1/2 LP 1979

DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION soundtrack LP 1980

• January 1, 2011 9:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

the FIRST punk era was from '65-'67, not '76-'80.
    • December 31, 2010 4:38 PM CST
    • Untitled

Hahahahaha!  Yes!  And where did I FUCKUP????!!!  When you are a fuckup like me, people expect the least from you! 

ratoonie said:
      joey....i wakje up every moorning...asking myself....where did ..I Fuck up!!!!!!!!!

ratoonie said:
      everything that all the peoplle Listed........is on my 'list!!!!!!!........Road to Ruin......Ramones!!
    • December 31, 2010 4:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

joey....i wakje up every moorning...asking myself....where did ..I Fuck up!!!!!!!!!

ratoonie said:
      everything that all the peoplle Listed........is on my 'list!!!!!!!........Road to Ruin......Ramones!!
    • December 31, 2010 4:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 31, 2010 3:24 PM CST
    • Untitled

Given the area I live in, we didn't get a lot of "cool" albums, so I have to go with what was available to me at the time..First I would have to go with Devo's "Q: Are We Not Men A: We Are Devo!", then the B-52's self-titled debut LP...I loved the Clash's 1st album, and I can't forget the Fleshtones' "Blast Off" cassette only release on ROIR...I also loved the B-52's second release "Wild Planet", but sadly, in my opinion, they kept deviating from their original formula of "surfy" party music...If I wanted to delve into a cheesy level, I still love the Vapors' "Turning Japanese"...Of course the Ramones was churning out gold then, too....And yes, I loved the Sex Pistols' album (You know the one)...
    • December 30, 2010 8:12 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

guess he's using google translate machine ha ha

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Dude, we're trying to stick up for you but it's getting hard.

Its Not Only Rock n' roll said:

what? Next time...i will say it all in my language!
      i dont about it...
      Pim Scheelings said:
      Yeah i don't think they teach English at Indonesian schools so it's a accomplishment for the guy to write any English at all.

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Let's see how well you write in Indonesian.

Johnny Bean said:

Man your English is terrible, maybe you could write in your own language and we could understand you better?

Sex pistols...The Adverts, Ramones...to punk has gone...
      The clash is not for one of them
      Great hits for the album

Johnny Bean said:

For the all the albums listed here if you want a good sampler the "NME Best of the 70s" is a greatest hits of all the albums mentioned on this thread (Stooges,Saints,Ramones,Dead Boys etc) most of the song choices are pretty obvious but its a great snapshot of those glory days and has been my top Christmas listening.

• December 30, 2010 8:03 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

No worries man, i didnt mean to be rude, i just read a few of your posts and didnt understand at all what you wrote, but if you are from Indonesia writing in your own language might not be such a great idea:)

Happy rockin` new year anyway :)

Its not enought for this discussion today, considering it as something fun.

Joanie Lindstrom said:

i dont about it...
      Pim Scheelings said:
      Yeah i don't think they teach English at Indonesian schools so it's a accomplishment for the guy to write any English at all.

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Johnny Bean said:

Man your English is terrible, maybe you could write in your own language and we could understand you better?

Great hits for the album

Johnny Bean said:

For the all the albums listed here if you want a good sampler the "NME Best of the 70s" is a greatest hits of all the albums mentioned on this thread (Stooges,Saints,Ramones,Dead Boys etc) most of the song choices are pretty obvious but its a great snapshot of those glory days and has been my top Christmas listening.

• December 30, 2010 6:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

i dont about it...
      Pim Scheelings said:

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Johnny Bean said:

Great hits for the album

Johnny Bean said:

• December 30, 2010 6:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Johnny Bean said:

Great hits for the album

Johnny Bean said:

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel