Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: He's a Rebel: Phil Spector

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 7, 2007 5:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Has anyone ever read this? I highly suggest it!

Growing up listening to Phil's tunes, and the groups he helped to create and destroy has given me a sick facination with the man. All those ugly stories and legends are told in this book and much more.

What I enjoyed the best about this biography is it is very straigt-forward. It's almost as if they knew Phil's own life can speak of his personality and ongoing mental disorders. They don't trash talk him, because quotes and court papers speak for themselves.

Also, this book focuses on Phil's entire career, not just the Lana Clarkson murder (which Phil is one lucky fuckin' piece of shit to have gotten away with). Pick it up, and I bet you won't be able to put it down.

"But you don't have to take my word for it..."
    • April 18, 2008 12:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Never read Ronnie's bio, but I've heard it's pretty good. I may be wrong, but I think it's out of print already.

The bio I read was by Mark Ribowsky. I don't have my copy on me (it's one of my most borrowed books) but I know that it was originally written well before the infamous trial, and was recently added extra chapters.
    • March 19, 2008 2:37 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Is this the Spector biography that Richard Williams wrote? I know there's more than one Spector bio.
    • March 16, 2008 6:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have you read Ronnie Spector's autobiography (called, of course, BE MY BABY)? The most interesting parts of that one (I almost hate to say) concern Phil and his bizarre and abusive behavior. The DA's office could've saved themselves a lot of hassle (and probably won the case to boot) if they'd just given every member of the Clarkson jury a copy - none of the "revelations" about his violent and woman-hating ways was a huge surprise to me. Best part is when Phil finally relents to Ronnie's complaints about never getting to leave the house and buys her a car, which she is only allowed to drive on the condition that she's accompanied by either Phil himself or A BLOW-UP DOLL FASHIONED TO LOOK LIKE PHIL, which he's made special for just such and occasion and presents to her along with her new ride. Her initial enthusiasm is, to say the least, considerably dimmed.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel