Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 4, 2013 6:33 PM CST
    • rat surf radio is/was awesome. Anyone know whats happened? A new one hasn't been posted forever

• February 4, 2013 4:00 PM CST
    • I think I used to subscribe to a garagepunk surf podcast but I can't recall it's name and I think it dried up?

Anyway can anyone recommend a good comp of some trashy garage-style surf (nothing too lush and pristine haha!) I suppose more instrumental stuff but it's all great innit?

I really am in the mood to listen to some spaced out reverb...

• February 4, 2013 6:03 PM CST
    • Maybe not the best I've ever been too, but a few weeks ago I saw Off! in a small bar in Sydney and its the best gig I've been too in years, dudes tore shit out of the place!

• February 3, 2013 8:11 PM CST
    • THE SAME.   THAT WAS THEIR FIRST REUNION SHOW , IF I RECALL.  RALPH SCALA TOLD ME HE HAD RECENTLY SAT IN AT A BYRDS TRIBUTE SHOW AT CAFE WHA? , AND WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE RESPONSE HE GOT , HONESTLY UNAWARE OF HOW BIG THE BLUES MAGOOS' CULT FOLLOWING HAD GROWN. WHOEVER TOLD YOU IT WAS A GREAT SHOW WAS RIGHT. BUT , SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO BE GARAGE NAZIS , AND IF ONE LITTLE HAIR IS OUT OF PLACE , SO TO SPEAK , THEN , ANY BAND THAT'S GIVEN THEM SO MUCH ENJOYMENT OVER THE YEARS , WITHOUT A DIME TO SHOW FOR IT , IS'NT WORTH IT.  BUT , AS I SAID , I'M SURE THEIR LATER GIGS WERE BETTER, WHEN THEY'D HAD TIME TO PRACTICE MORE.    MIKE HAD A THEREMIN WHEN I SAW THEM , ALSO AN EXCHOPLEX , BUT , IT DIED ON HIM , EARLY.   GEOFF WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID'NT LIVE ON THE EAST COAST AT THE TIME. I THINK HE WAS IN COLORADO , SO , IT'D MAKE SENSE TO BRING IN PEPPY'S SON ON DRUMS. SOME PEOPLE , TOO , CAN'T GET IT WITH THE BLUES MAGOOS , ELECTRIC PRUNES , BANDS LIKE THAT,  BECAUSE THEY DON'T SOUND LIKE THEY WERE RECORDED IN A SHITHOUSE.   I ASKED RALPH , WOULD'NT YOU AGREE THAT BANDS LIKE YOURS , AND THE PRUNES , WERE STUDIO BANDS , YOU HAD COMMMAND OF THE STUDIO , BUT YOU ALSO EXPERIMENTED IN THE STUDIO QUITE A BIT (AND , IN BOTH BANDS' CASES , THEIR SECOND LPs BEAR THAT OUT EVEN MORE.). HE SAID THAT'S TRUE , AND HE COULD SEE THE SIMILARITIES TO THE ELECTRIC PRUNES , BUT , THEY WERE DOING EVERYTHING ON THEIR OWN DIME , PRETTY MUCH , SO THEY WERE DETERMINED TO DO IT , THEIR WAY.
      G. Wood said:

There was no headliner at the '68 gig, they were it. A local band called The Afterbeats opened. The Magoos were freekin' fabulous. No lava lamps, though...if I remember right.

The 2000 gig was Cavestomp? I heard they aced that one. They were great in '09, Peppy was a force of nature. His son played drums (Geoff was away or something), and he was one of the best drummers I've ever seen. Mike played theremin! I'd met Mike in W'stock before, and met Peppy afterwards, very nice, friendly guy. There's a picture of him & I on my page. 

John Battles said:

No shit. A friend of mine saw The Blues Magoos on that tour with Herman's Hermits(Some dates included The Who , not this one.) in '67. He was still in his early teens , and said The Blues Magoos came out with their lava lamps and electric suits playing this crazy music , and he tripped . He said he's never so much as drank a beer , yet , but their show made him trip. That's what Psychedelia is supposed to do. Anyway , I saw them in 2000. Most people I spoke to did'nt like it....I don't  know what they expected , when they had 4 or 5 days to rehearse (At Todd Rundgren's studio in Woodstock). Their vocals were spot on , and instrumentally , I'D SAY AN 8 OR A 9 OUT OF 10 , most of the time. I figured , once they started playing out more , they should be better , still.

G. Wood said:

First show was The Blues Magoos at a local high school (NJ) in 1968. Saw them again in Woodstock, NY in 2009. 

Punk? Best? Don't remember, can't say. Grinderman in NY last year? Maybe.

• February 4, 2013 4:39 PM CST
    • hi all!
      been blasting the podcasts, mainly rat surf radio, bubblegum fuzz and 40oz nonsense for ages, thought its bout time to jump on the forum.
      I play in a shitty garage band The Swamp Monsters, literally jamming in my suburban garage which is now come dive bar.7" coming soon.i Live in Milperra, Sydney. love records, zines, b grade movies, graffiti, pool skating blah blah. Having two kids doesn't afford much time though!
      I sometimes mow my lawn listening to Suburban Lawns. Love you all xx

• February 4, 2013 4:06 PM CST
    • Hello,

A good brand of drums is Tama, generally they are not too exspensive and they sound pretty good. Also Yamaha and Pearl are good too, do you Premier kits your side of the pond? They also sound good and are reasonable in price.

Personally I prefer Sabain cymbals, but with regards to Cymbals you really get what you pay for. You'll probably should consider a small crash and a large ride which rings on for that nice reasonance sound.

Mapex do a good range of budget kick pedals and Gibraltor are a good solid brand too.

Snare drums are a totally differnt game: first decide if want a wooden one or metal one and then work backwards from there. I think most sixties garage records were cut with a standard budget snare drum so that might be a good place to start.

Regardless of what kit you buy you've gotta spend time tuning the kit and getting it just right, regardless of how much you pay, your kit will sound awful if it's not tuned right.

• February 4, 2013 3:50 PM CST
    • that artwork is sick!

• February 4, 2013 3:01 PM CST
    • I liked some of it at the time , not much , but , I'd see people who ONLY listened to HC.  WTF , Y'KNOW?
      I had a radio show in the 80's , MOSTLY ROCKABILLY AND GARAGE , BUT , I'D PLAY ALL KINDS OF STUFF....And these Hardcore fans would be such babies , insisting I play some Hardcore , when the HC show had the best slot of the week (Sat . Aft. , 2 to 5) , and I was on at worst slot , Monday morning  , 2 TO 4 am. THEY NEEDED IT THAT FAST , THAT LATE ? They're probably all into "Garage" , now , what they think is Garage.... THE STUFF THAT BORDERS ON HARDCORE OR BADLY PLAYED PUNK. If you're Deejaying Rock'n'Roll , in clubs or the radio , do it because you love it , because the money is scarce and accolades are few.  I'd say , tho' , if you're not really enjoying those records , take the money and run. Someone is bound to enjoy them , more.

Mr Yates said:

I can't listen to any of that early 80's hardcore political punk rock anymore.

Back in the day I used to love it. I have a pile of Aussie punk in the record collection, I used to go to the gigs.  Even filled in on the Punk rock radio show from time to time on 3-PBS-FM from time to time.  Fuck, I even got tattooed by Smeer of Depression.

I don't want to say it but it bores me now. Some of the vinyl has sold for big bucks on eBay (thank you crazy Japanese record collectors). Maybe I will sell it all off, maybe not, I do know I will not be listening to it.

• February 4, 2013 12:52 PM CST
    • Just go to any farm and listen to a tractor going up a hill. Thats essentially wot old Bob sounds like. Can't see what the fuss is all about maself either!

Arlita said:

I've never heard a Bob Dylan song...and i don't really care. 

• February 4, 2013 6:08 AM CST
    • i hate ballroom blitz, why would anyone make such an ridiculously awful song?

• February 4, 2013 2:52 PM CST
    • Show #408: "R.I.P. 2012, Part 4 of 4" playlist:

In memory of Sugar Boy Crawford, singer/pianist/trombonist/songwriter (1934-2012)
      Sugar Boy & His Cane Cutters - "Jock-A-Mo"

In memory of Andy Williams, singer (1927-2012)
      Andy Williams - "Butterfly"

In memory of Marty Fortson, singer/guitarist (1945-2012)
      The Rivieras - "California Sun"

In memory of Frank Wilson, songwriter/producer/singer (1940-2012)
      Frank Wilson - "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)"

In memory of R.B. Greaves, singer/songwriter (1943-2012)
      R.B. Greaves - "Take A Letter Maria"

In memory of Big Jim Sullivan, guitarist/sitarist/producer/songwriter (1941-2012)
      Big Jim Sullivan - "Flower Power"

In memory of Kathi McDonald, singer (1948-2012)
      The Rolling Stones - "Tumbling Dice"

In memory of Tom Guernsey, guitarist/songwriter/producer (1944-2012)
      The Hangmen - "What A Girl Can't Do"

In memory of Albert Crump, singer (1936-2012)
      The Heartbeats - "A Thousand Miles Away"

In memory of Farrell Morris, percussionist (1938-2012)
      Kris Kristofferson - "The Taker"

In memory of B.B. Cunningham, singer/keyboardist/bassist (1942-2012)
      The Hombres - "Sorry 'Bout That"

In memory of Terry Callier, singer/guitarist/pianist/songwriter (1945-2012)
      Terry Callier - "Ordinary Joe"

In memory of Eddie Bertrand, guitarist (1945-2012)
      Eddie & The Showmen - "Mr. Rebel"

In memory of Cleveland Duncan, singer (1935-2012)
      The Penguins - "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)"

In memory of Major Harris, singer/guitarist (1947-2012)
      The Delfonics - "Hey! Love"

In memory of Michael Dunford, guitarist/singer/songwriter (1944-2012)
      Renaissance - "I Think Of You"

In memory of Jules Chaikin, trumpeter (1934-2012)
      The Holy Mackerel - "Bitter Honey"

In memory of Earl Carroll, singer (1937-2012)
      The Cadillacs - "Speedoo"

In memory of Mickey Baker, guitarist/singer (1925-2012)
      Mickey & Sylvia - "Love Is Strange"

In memory of Dave Brubeck, pianist/composer (1920-2012)
      The Dave Brubeck Quartet - "Take Five"

In memory of Ed Cassidy, drummer (1923-2012)
      Spirit - "Gramophone Man"

In memory of Ravi Shankar, sitarist/composer (1920-2012)
      Ravi Shankar - "Chappaqua"

In memory of Sheila McKinley, singer (1941-2012)
      The McKinleys - "When He Comes Along"

In memory of Ken Chaney, pianist/songwriter (1938-2012)
      Young-Holt Unlimited - "Soulful Strut"

In memory of Jimmy McCracklin, singer/pianist/songwriter (1921-2012)
      Jimmy McCracklin - "The Walk"

In memory of Franco Ceccarelli, guitarist/singer (1942-2012)
      Equipe 84 - "29th September"

In memory of Lee Dorman, bassist (1942-2012)
      Iron Butterfly - "Most Anything You Want"

In memory of Terry Huff, singer/guitarist (1947-2012)
      Terry Huff & Special Delivery - "Where's There's A Will"

In memory of Marva Whitney, singer (1944-2012)
      Marva Whitney - "It's My Thing (You Can't Tell Me Who To Sock It To)"

In memory of Ray Collins, singer (1936-2012)
      The Mothers Of Invention - "How Could I Be Such A Fool"

In memory of Fontella Bass, singer/pianist (1940-2012)
      Fontella Bass - "Rescue Me"

In memory of Lloyd Charmers, singer/keyboardist/producer (1938-2012)
      The Charmers - "Jeanie Girl"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/408.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/408.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• February 4, 2013 1:30 PM CST
    • i will be there! any other of you folks?? meet and greet of sorts! :)

• February 4, 2013 11:04 AM CST
    • Download or stream Zero Hour here.

2/1/13 Playlist

12:07PM Russell Byrd “Hitch Hike (Part One)” from The Sue Records Story (1994) on Sue

12:08PM The Coasters “Thumbin' A Ride” from 50 Coastin' Classics (1961) on Rhino

12:09PM Those Lil' Ole Music Makers “Hitchhike” from Psychedelic States: Wisconsin In The 60s (1966) on Gear Fab

12:11PM Ike Gordon “Don't Let The Devil Ride” from Fire in My Bones (2009) on Tompkins Square

12:13PM Creedence Clearwater Revival “Sweet Hitch Hiker” from Mardi Gras (1972) on Fantasy

12:23PM Electric Frankenstein “Ain't Nothing to Do” from single (2012) on Ghost Highway

12:23PM Great Dismal Swamis “Painting With the Missing Eyes” from Great Dismal Swamis (2013) on Self New

12:25PM The Untamed Youth “Mailbox Jamboree” from An Invitation to Planet Mace (1997) on Estrus

12:28PM Surf Punks “I'm A Valley” from Locals Only (1982) on Restless

12:30PM The Raunch Hands “What's The Matter Now” from F#@k Me Stupid (1992) on Crypt Records

12:34PM Midnight Woolf “Natural Man” from I'll Be a Dog (2012) on Off The Hip

12:38PM King Salami And The Cumberland 3 “Yosemite Sam” from Cookin' Up a Party (2013) on Dirty Water New

12:40PM Bloodshot Bill “Bounce Baby Bounce” from So Blue (2012) on Transdigital 66 New

12:43PM The Cramps “Burn, She Devil Burn” from Big Beat From Badsville (1997) on Epitaph

12:45PM The Stags “Told You So” from 7" (2012) on Drug Front

12:47PM The Piggies “Stephanie” from Single (2013) on self-released New

12:49PM The Real Kids “Got It Made” from Grown Up Wrong (1993) on Norton Records

12:53PM Eric Burdon & The Greenhornes “Out Of My Mind” from Eric Burdon & the Greenhornes - EP (2012) on Readymade Records

12:56PM Nathaniel Mayer “You Gotta Work” from I Just Want to Be Held (2004) on Fat Possum Records

01:05PM The Prosecutors “TV Generation” from The Prosecutors (2012) on Splunge Local

01:07PM The Prosecutors “Sound Room” from The Prosecutors (2012) on Splunge Local

01:11PM The Prosecutors “Everything Looks Better in the Dark” from The Prosecutors (2012) on Splunge Local

01:12PM The Prosecutors “Red White and Black” from The Prosecutors (2012) on Splunge Local

01:20PM T. Valentine with Daddy Long Legs “Young Girls, Young Girls” from The Vampire (2012) on Norton Records New

01:22PM The Bollywood Argyles “Ali Oop” from 7: (2012) on Norton Records New

01:25PM The Monacles “I Can't Win” from 7" on Norton Records

01:27PM The New Surfsiders “Smile Medley” from Smile Medley (2012) on Norton Records New

01:30PM The Del-Aires “Just Wigglin' n' Wobblin'” from Zombie Stomp (2012) on Norton Records Inc. New

01:32PM The Uptones “No More” from Kim Fowley - King Of The Creeps (2012) on Norton Records New

01:36PM Bobby Fuller “Eastwood High Dance Radio Spot” from El Paso Rock, Vol. 6 (2012) on Norton Records New

01:37PM Bobby Fuller “Guess We'll Fall In Love” from El Paso Rock, Vol. 6 (2012) on Norton Records New

01:44PM The Meltdowns “Find Out For Yourself” from Critical Mass (2011) on Neurotic Bop

01:45PM The Trashed Romeos “Gotta Find A New Love” from Where Dreamers Never Go (2012) on Trashy Creatures New

01:49PM The Insomniacs “Tomorrow is” from Get Something Going (2000) on Estrus

01:52PM The Sunsets “Hot Generation” from Down Under Nuggets (2012) on Festival New

01:57PM The Slaves “Shut Up” from Little Hits on Little Hits

02:00PM Stiv Bators “Not That Way Anymore” from L.A. Confidential (1994) on Bomp! Records

02:06PM The Preacher's Kids “Crooked Road” from Devil's Hitlist (2007) on The Preacher's Kids

02:09PM Alejandro Escovedo “Guilty” from Bourbonitis Blues (1999) on Bloodshot Records

02:13PM The Midwest Beat “Not To Worry” from Singles (2005-2011) (2012) on Wild Honey Local

02:16PM Cardboard Villians “Gotta Let Go” from Lost Sunday (2012) on Ghost Highway

02:20PM The Singing Loins “Try” from Here on Earth (2012) on Damaged Goods

02:25PM Andre Williams “Hey Country Girl” from Bait & Switch (2001) on Norton Records

02:28PM Fortune and Maltese “My Baby's Hearse” from Konquer Kampus (1996) on Hillsdale

02:28PM Creatures of the Golden Dawn “You Know How I Feel” from 1000 Shadows (1994) on Dionysus Records / Bacchus Archives / Orange Sky / Hell Yeah

02:31PM King Salami And The Cumberland 3 “The Monkey Beat” from Cookin' Up a Party (2013) on Dirty Water New

02:33PM The Mansfields “Roxy” from Cramp Your Style (2008) on Gearhead Records

02:36PM "Blind" Rage and Violence “Blind Fought the Po-Lice” from The End of Rock and Roll (2012)

02:40PM Wheels On Fire “Bad Lie” from 7" on Trouble in Mind

02:42PM The Wobbly Lamps “Neon Teepee” from Wobbly Lamps - Single (2013) on Polyvinyl Craftsmen

02:44PM The Makers “Mr. Blood” from Howl! (1997) on Estrus

02:46PM The Barbacans “CippiCiappi” from No Hits for the Kids (2012) on Boss Hoss

02:49PM Peach Kelli Pop “True Blue” from 2nd Album (2013) on Byurger New

02:49PM Bananamou “Quarter to One” from S/T (2012) on Burger

02:51PM The Real Numbers “Tear it in Two” from Single (2010) on Florida's Dying

02:54PM The Peepshows “Ten Dogs” from single (2012) on Ghost Highway

02:57PM Spanking Charlene “Stupid Me” from Where Are the Freaks? (2012) on Slacker Music

1/25/13 Playlist
      12:03PM The Black Diamonds “I Want, Need, Love You” from Down Under Nuggets (2012) on Festival New

12:07PM The Atlantics “Come on” from Down Under Nuggets (2012) on Festival New

12:10PM The Showmen “Naughty Girl” from The Hot Generation! (2002) on Big Beat

12:13PM The Challenge “The Crunch” from Diggin' Up Down Under (2010) on Elastic Cat

12:15PM The Missing Links “Some Kinda Fun” from Driving You Insane (The Complete Recordings) (1999) on Half A Cow Records

12:18PM The Bee Gees “Like Nobody Else” from Down Under Nuggets (2012) on Festival New

12:22PM Barrington Davis “Raining Teardrops” from Raining Teardrops (2012) on Festival

12:28PM The Dirtbombs “By My Side” from If You Don't Already Have a Look (2005) on In the Red

12:32PM Hank Haint “Thunderbird ESQ” from Keep on Walking (2012) on Voodoo Rhythm

12:34PM Les Sexareenos “Lights Out” from 28 Party Dancers from Montreal's Finest (2009) on Sympathy For The Record Industry

12:36PM The Dictators “Eugene Radio Spot” from Every Day Is Saturday (2007) on Norton Records

12:36PM The Dictators “Faster And Louder” from Every Day Is Saturday (2007) on Norton Records

12:40PM The Plugz “Achin'” from Better Luck (1981) on Fatima

12:43PM Alex Chilton “Sugar Sugar/I Got the Feelin'” from Free Again: the 1970 Sessions (2012) on Ominvore

12:51PM The Tombstone Ramblers “Touch of a Woman” from S/T (2012) on Off The Hip New

12:53PM Monkeywrench “Angelhead” from clean as a broke-d**k dog (1992) on Sub Pop

12:56PM DM Bob & The Deficits “How Do You Spell Love” from Bad With Wimen (1996) on Crypt Records

01:04PM The Muddy Udders “I've Got Spirit” from Bloody Murders (2012) on Ionik Local

01:07PM The Midwest Beat “Appaloosa” from Apology Accepted (2012) on Certified PR Local

01:10PM Red Stuff “Heaven & Hell” from S/T (2012) on Skell Local

01:13PM The Mistreaters “Fire Rock (That Nagging Voice)” from S/T (2012) on Dusty Medical Local

01:18PM Combomatix “Dead Bad/She Hurts Me With No Pain” from s/t (2012) on Frantic City New

01:22PM The Subsonics “Teach Me How to Play God” from In The Black Spot (2012) on Slovenly

01:26PM The Real Numbers “This Time He's Gone Too Far” from Only Two Can Play (2013) on Three Dimensional Records

01:26PM The Fall-Outs “She's Out There” from Here I Come & Other Hits (1993) on Estrus

01:28PM The Shirley MacLaines “Not a Love Song” from Want You to Go (2012) on Bachelor

01:31PM The Barbacans “Dusty Tales” from No Hits for the Kids (2012) on Boss Hoss New

01:34PM The Forty-Fives “Bicycle Thief” from High Life High Volume (2004) on Yep Roc

01:37PM The Blackbelts “Satisfied” from Blackbelts/Safe split (2010) on Wee Rock

01:38PM The Sugar Stems “6 Feet Under” from Can't Wait (2012) on Screaming Apple Local

01:41PM Garbo's Daughter “I Want You to Be My Baby” from West Coast Tour Summer Tour Tape (2011) on Burger

01:44PM The Party Lights “Before You Came Here” from One Chord Progression Stuffs Your Stocking (2012) on One Chord Progression New

01:46PM Games “Take a Dare” from Games (2012) on Hozac New

01:51PM The A-Bones “Bing Bong (There's A Party Goin' On)” from Not Now! (2009) on Norton Records

01:53PM Customs Five “Little Louie” from Ho-Dad Hootenany on Crypt

01:56PM The Mortals “Disintegraton” from Ritual Dimension of Sound (1992) on Estrus

02:02PM Los Chicos “Coloured Caves” from In the Age of Stupidity (2012) on Dirty Water New

02:04PM The Mummies “The Frisko Freeze” from Never Been Caught (1992) on Telstar

02:06PM White Fangs “Second Rate” from S/t (2012) on Frantic City New

02:12PM King Khan “It's a Lie” from 7" (2008) on Norton

02:12PM Lamps “You're Belinda” from Under the Water Under the Ground (2012) on In the Red New

02:14PM Roy And The Devil's Motorcycle “Remember Me” from Forgotten Million Sellers (1998) on Vodooo Rhythm

02:16PM Jon Spencer Blues Explosion “Ole Man Trouble” from Mo Width (1992) on Matador

02:20PM Becky Lee & Drunkfoot “Killer Mouse” from Hello Black Halo (2012) on Voodoo Rhythm

02:24PM The People's Temple “Fortune Teller” from More for the Masses (2012) on Hozac New

02:26PM Strange Hands “She'S Mine” from Dead Flowers (2012) on S##t Music For S##t People

02:29PM The Birds “Daddy Daddy” from Collectors' Guide to Rare British Birds (1999) on Decca (Germany)

02:34PM Roy Head & The Traits “Money” from Treat Her Right (1965) on Scepter

02:36PM The Silvertones “Get it” from Mondo Frat Dance Bash a Go Go (1995) on Arf Arf

02:41PM The Sting Rays “One More Gin” from Surf Age Nuggets (2012) on Rockbeat Records

02:42PM King Salami And The Cumberland 3 “Lolette” from Can Your Monkey Do the Wurst? (2012) on Off The Hip

02:47PM Ida Sands “Rescue Me” from Ol' Virginia Soul, Part 1 (2004) on Arcania International

02:48PM Little Willie John “Let's Rock While the Rockin's Good” from Complete Hit Singles A's & B's (2012) on Real Gone

02:51PM The Plastic Pals “Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea” from Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea - Single (2012) on Polythene Records New

02:56PM The Standells “Our Candidate” from Riot on Sunset Strip (2009) on Big Beat

• February 4, 2013 10:24 AM CST
    • The out-of-town band should definitely play last (the "headlining" spot) IF people are there to see them. That's a big "IF," though. You don't give them the last slot just because they travelled the farthest, because as I've experienced, most people won't stick around for them if they haven't heard of them before. Sure, some MIGHT. But if there's something else going on that night (like another show across town), chances are you'll lose a large chunk of your audience and they're left playing for virtually no one (this actually happened the first time the Black Lips played in St. Louis!). That's why I like to have whatever band has the biggest fan base in town have the last slot... not because they deserve it more than the travelling band, but because you know that people will stick around. Have the travelling band play right before them, and that way the people who are there and have never heard of them before will get turned on to them, they'll be able to sell more merch, etc.

That said, I would never have the outta town band play first, or even before 10pm. The earliest I would put them on would be right before the last band (the one with the most "pull").

• February 3, 2013 9:50 PM CST
    • My pleasure. : )

• February 3, 2013 8:11 PM CST
    • Wow! Thanks for your help!

• February 3, 2013 7:37 PM CST
    • Hey, mate. We have a few albums and have just started returning to the early sixties single-every-few-months business model by punching out one track at a time and running them as free down load. I need to do this myself for various reasons. I've printed off your original start of this conversation and will get back to you soon. I have a list of Australian and a few European pages to send you.

• February 3, 2013 9:07 PM CST
    • I enjoy me some Blackwater Park o Clark-Hutchinson.

• February 3, 2013 8:18 PM CST
    • Ha.

Wesley: "I'm done. I'm through. I'm gettin loogies in my throat."

Me too man, me too.

John Battles said:

Wesley Willis : I don't like Taco Bell.

Nardwuar: Why not?

Wesley : Makes me take a poop.

Ludes N. Dudes said:

Ha. Oh Rocky. . .
      " I love this town. I love this town just like loving a hamburger on a sesame bun." The late great Wesley Willis

• February 3, 2013 8:06 PM CST
    • hahahaa

John Battles said:

FUN - NEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!  : )

buy my carpet said:

Know the difference between a singer and a terrorist?
      You can negotiate with terrorists

How many singers are needed to change a lightbulb?
      One, and the world keeps on revolving around them.