Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• December 13, 2012 8:01 PM CST
    • Tiger! Tiger! is most awesome garage rock:

John Battles said:

That is beautiful artwork.....Now , I'll probably be having about as much fun as I had finding the last couple of Subsonics records.....To say nothing of the new one that's apparently out.
       Are Tiger! Tiger! considered Stoner Rock? Innocent question , I only know them by name , and that the band also features Buffi Aguerro from The Subsonics and Vendettas ( Whose husband is Patrick O'Connor from The Woggles and , sometimes , The Subsonics. One of the last true gentlemen in Rock'n'Roll.).

• December 13, 2012 6:46 PM CST
    • Good stuff!

Axel Björnsson said:

maybe not stoner. but good shit oldschool/new wave going on here. with some dash of africa!

• December 13, 2012 2:41 PM CST
    • That is beautiful artwork.....Now , I'll probably be having about as much fun as I had finding the last couple of Subsonics records.....To say nothing of the new one that's apparently out.
       Are Tiger! Tiger! considered Stoner Rock? Innocent question , I only know them by name , and that the band also features Buffi Aguerro from The Subsonics and Vendettas ( Whose husband is Patrick O'Connor from The Woggles and , sometimes , The Subsonics. One of the last true gentlemen in Rock'n'Roll.).
      dave said:

Oooh, my head (sound of head hitting wall many times)! Metal/Garage degrees-of-separation! It's great, 'specially since I love Mastodon so much, but, wow...

Now that I know there's a band called Harvey Milk, I *hafta* check 'em out!

Thanks, Alison!

Alison said:

Yes, Zoroaster and Harvey Milk rule.  Now let me make a connection between Georgia metal and Georgia garage rock.  Susanne Gibboney of the Atlanta garage bands Lust, The Vendettas, and Tiger! Tiger! is married to Brann Dailor of Mastadon.  Also, the beautiful cover art of Tiger! Tiger!'s awesome 2012 album, "Cut Them Where They Bleed," was created by Baroness lead singer John Dyer Baizley.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwiqmfn9cK1qe71npo1_500.jpg

Alex said:

You said it.  The Georgia bands are KILLER.  I'm a really big fan of Zoroaster and Harvey Milk.  If you like Harvey Milk, you need to check out Whores, which was produced by a guy from Harvey Milk (http://whores.bandcamp.com/).  Really one of my favorite EP's of 2012 (it came out end of December 2011).

Also, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats have been getting a TON of press this year.  I'm impressed.

Alison said:

So many Georgia metal bands, including: Zoroaster, Withered, Apocalyptic Visions, Torche, Mastodon, Harvey Milk, Baroness, Kylesa, and Royal Thunder....

But my favorite "stoner" band is the UK's Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats...

• December 13, 2012 1:17 PM CST
    • Grip of delusion play our other band sound actually!

• December 13, 2012 7:59 AM CST
    • HUGE fan of stoner rock stuff.  A "few" of my favorites of mine are Acid King, Hawkwind, Ancient Astronaught, Sun O))), Sons of Otis, Cosmic Dead, Dead Meadow, Fu Manchu, Windhand, & Nebula.  There are some great blogs out there that will turn you on to all sorts of stuff - Heavy Planet, Droning Earth, Captain Beyond Zen and of course Day After Sabbath mentioned before. 

Grip of Delusion is a great podcast too!

• December 13, 2012 7:48 AM CST

•  Joey Fuckup said:

There is a 24/7 stoner/doom internet station called "Grip Of Delusion Radio" with a whole slate of podcasts as well as streaming tunes that the station owner plays from his own personal collection. Plus he's constantly adding music and links to the site as he's become quite a pal with a lot of bands from that genre's underground. Here's the link: http://www.steamingheathen.com/delusion/

• December 13, 2012 6:27 PM CST
    • On my facebook timeline, I like to do what I would consider my version of a show, I guess.  Currently I'm doing a year by year look everyday and I'm at 1994 (I'll be on 2012 on the 31st) but I started to slowdown on record buying around this time and I never really caught on with what was going on after 2000 for sure unless it was already a band I liked or it just blew up, like the Black Lips did.  I like what I've heard on podcasts but it's not like I remember everything or write it down.  I enjoy the moment.  I'm just curious what you guys would consider the most rocking songs of the past 12 years would be and I think that would help me out.  I try googling "most rocking songs of (put year here)" but it's nil.  Or even "real rock and roll (year)" and it's just hopeless.  I'm doing ok now but by the time I get to 2000, it's gonna be crappy unless I find some good suggestions.

• December 13, 2012 4:21 PM CST
    • Ah, nobody plays up there anyway!

DJ Johnson said:

The most confusing part is the way the neck curves and leaves the strings hanging out in space.

• December 13, 2012 11:52 AM CST
    • Is this a guitar or a G-Spot stimulator?  The most confusing part is the way the neck curves and leaves the strings hanging out in space.  Just bizarre.

Trash Freak said:

This Eastwood Bender distortocaster provided me with much merriment & mirth!

• December 13, 2012 2:54 PM CST
    • Wow. I only ever saw the video to The Circle Jerks' version of "I Wanna Destroy You" on Beavis and Butthead....I had no idea about any Debbie Gibson involvement. It does'nt seem so contradictory , now. Debbie and Keith Morris are both have a Jewish background in common , and , to quote "Fiddler on The Roof" , "It may not mean a thing to you , but , then again , it might.".

Barbie Ella said:

http://www.myspace.com/video/brownie/circle-jerks-debbie-gibson-i-w...!

In­ter­view with Deb­bie Gib­son, Kei­th Mor­ris and the Cir­cle Jerks (CJ) on MTV News "This Week in Rock", along with live footage of Gib­son spe­cial guest­ing on "I Wan­na De­stroy You". Clip ex­plains how she be­came fea­tured on the CJ song and her im­prov of the counter melody that ends it.

Enjoy!

• December 13, 2012 2:16 PM CST
    • Debbie Gibson recorded a song with The Circle Jerks?! That's pretty funny.

I watched McCartney's set , again. I was only half - watching it , last night , when I realized that was Steve Conte (Of the Reformed , as opposed to Orthodox, New York Dolls , Michael Monroe's band , etc.). I was more impressed by that , even tho' the Nirmacca song went off without a hitch.

Barbie Ella said:

Good to hear, I didn't see it.

It jogged my memory of the song Debbie Gibson recorded with the Circle Jerks. That seemed very odd to me at the time.  Belinda Carlisle was in The Germs (as Dottie Danger) for a short while.

I can see Belinda with The germs more over than Gibson with Circle Jerks.  I've heard a lot of Belinda. Go-Go's threw down.  Their behind the music is awesome.

It's good to explore new musical territory.  Horrah for new creative attempts.  It just really seemed bizarre to me, but it's not the first time such has happened in musical history. 

It makes us all hiccup but good things can happen. :)

• December 13, 2012 2:11 PM CST
    • Bingo.

Mark George Harrison said:

If it makes a shed load of cash for a deserving cause then why not, its not like they're going to tour and start writing a new NirTles/BeaVana album!

• December 13, 2012 9:56 AM CST
    • Good to hear, I didn't see it.

It jogged my memory of the song Debbie Gibson recorded with the Circle Jerks. That seemed very odd to me at the time.  Belinda Carlisle was in The Germs (as Dottie Danger) for a short while.

I can see Belinda with The germs more over than Gibson with Circle Jerks.  I've heard a lot of Belinda. Go-Go's threw down.  Their behind the music is awesome.

It's good to explore new musical territory.  Horrah for new creative attempts.  It just really seemed bizarre to me, but it's not the first time such has happened in musical history. 

It makes us all hiccup but good things can happen. :)

• December 13, 2012 9:44 AM CST
    • If it makes a shed load of cash for a deserving cause then why not, its not like they're going to tour and start writing a new NirTles/BeaVana album!

• December 13, 2012 2:53 PM CST
    • His story just reeks of rock'n'roll. What an amazing journey, and yes, he died before he got old. Outstanding contribution. In fact any hall of fame from rock to blues would have Robert Johnson in it. so profound was his influence

• December 13, 2012 2:22 PM CST
    • He must be in there , by now.....Even if the judges , themselves , don't listen to him , but , I've still never seen an up to date list of who's in there , now. It may be a little too depressing.

Andy Climax said:

Has anyone mentioned Robert Johnson yet? Surely the gawdfather of all we listen to??? Hope not too controversial. If anyone has mentioned him.... Well done!

• December 13, 2012 9:11 AM CST
    • I know they're trying to keep up with trends, but shouldn't they be looking for something that hasn't dated?

Stoned Again Productions said:

A disco/pop queen, and a hip hop group inducted ? R&R Hall of fame has made up their own definition of rock & roll over the years. Go figure ?

• December 13, 2012 7:20 AM CST
    • A disco/pop queen, and a hip hop group inducted ? R&R Hall of fame has made up their own definition of rock & roll over the years. Go figure ?

• December 13, 2012 2:32 PM CST
    • No , actually , that made a whole lot of sense , NOW THAT YOU'VE BROKEN IT DOWN LIKE YOU HAVE. When I was in High School , I had one friend from Bristol , one from London , and one from Sussex . He was the "Vyvian" lookalike in my first little band.Sometimes acted a bit like him , too. Then I knew a couple of other English people I met at work. I just thought of them all as having ENGLISH accents at the time , tho' , yes , one differed from the other, somewhat...... I don't even know that many people from The UK , here in Chicago. But , I grew up believing there were only a few variations on The English , or even the Scottish , Welsh or Irish accents. Of course , I was mistaken.

The accent varies from town to town in the UK JB, the town 8 miles from me has a completely different accent to us. All the big cities have a different dialect and the smaller towns/villages near them have variations, you can pick the rough area someones from very easily here.

Only people from Newcastle would consider themselves Geordies, not even Sunderland or Middlesborough which are next to it are, they're from the north east.

The black country is Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc. but only people from Birmingham are Brummies, confused?? I am!

Moxie is a character from "auf wiedersehen pet', hes a Scouser, from Liverpool, the north west. Cant remember where his nick name came from. Its a good programme to watch to hear a lot of English accents. Pat Roach, aka 'Bomber" on the programme is from Bristol so you get all points of England covered. 

Bostin used to mean that something was good, and was used by Fuzzbox for their album for that reason, Bostin Steve Austin was also used, it was a Birmingham slang term.

Hope that helps, it probably doesn't, even living here I sometimes struggle with people if their accents are very broad, and then when you try to understand Aberdonians or someone from Devon! Help! subtitles please!
      John Battles said:

OK , YOU'VE KIND OF LOST ME , AND YET , I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD , BY ENGLISH PEOPLE , THAT PEOPLE THAT FAR NORTH , BLACK COUNTRY INCLUDED , WERE GEORDIES.  
      IF (AND WHEN) THAT WAS A GENERALIZATION , IT WAS'NT MEANT AS ONE.

TO FURTHER GENERALIZE : YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU MEET AN AMERICAN THAT EVEN KNOWS NORTHERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS  IN ENGLAND HAVE DIFFERENT ACCENTS , AND BOTH DIFFER FROM LONDONERS. THAT'S ME GENERALIZING ABOUT MY COUNTRYMEN , BUT , IT'S TRUE , UNLESS YOU'VE TRAVELLED BRITAIN , TIP TO TOE (MAYBE AUSTIN VINCE WILL LET ME DO A GUEST SPOT AS THE "OUT OF IT AMERICAN TOURIST"ON ONE OF HIS ROAD TRIP SHOWS !) , YOU WOULD'NT BE AWARE OF THAT. OF COURSE , IT'S THAT WAY , HERE , TOO , BUT , I THINK WE THINK OF OUR COUNTRY AS HAVING HALF A DOZEN ACCENTS , INSTEAD OF GOD KNOWS HOW MANY.....

SO , IS "BOSTIN'" A VARIATION OF BIRMINGHAMSPEAK , THEN ? IT'S AN INNOCENT QUESTION , I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I ONLY KNEW THAT EXPRESSION FROM THE (UK) FUZZBOX LP. AND , "MOXIE" ? IS THAT AN ABBREVIATION FOR A WELL KNOWN TOWN?

IN THE US , MOXIE MEANS BALLS , AND /OR A BRAND OF SODA THAT I THINK IS STILL MADE IN VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES.

Bloody hell JB! you can't call someone from the 'black country' a geordie! Both as difficult to understand but a lot different. If you watch an old episode of 'auf wiedersen pet' to hear geordies (os, Dennis and Neville) and Barry (a brummie) you also get a scouser in Moxie and a 'cockney' in Wayne. A nice little mix of English dialects with a bit of German thrown in as well! 'Barry' (Timothy Spall) is actually a cockney in real life but his accent is really good, in fact its 'Bostin" as they say in Brum!

John Battles said:

Mark George , I almost forgot about the "Buddy Holly "album that turns out to be Richie Valens  !!!! THAT'S ALL KINDS OF WRONG . Maybe they could'nt get permission to actually use a Buddy Holly NUMBER (EXCEPT FOR A TITLE) , AND RINGO'S FORMER BANDMATE WAS A FEW YEARS AWAY FROM OWNING HOLLY'S BACK CATALOGUE. In any case , why not just show the record , but not play it , or say "Hey , This is the Richie Valens record I waited for."

It's not Rocket Surgery. I REMEMBER READING SOME REVIEWS OF "SLADE in "FLAME" " , complaining that it was'nt the latter day " Hard Day's Night" fans expected....But , maybe , it's that it WAS'NT what anyone had a right to expect that makes it a better film , today.

I just say , to anyone who's never seen it , look at it with an open mind. They were exposing their distaste with an industry that had opened so many doors for them , but , now, was showing them the door. They kept making good records. I'm not saying they were remarkably consistent , but their early 80's "All guns blazing" comeback with Reading , "Slade on Stage " , "We'll Bring The House Down" , etc., took no prisoners , I don't think even their hardcore fans saw it coming. They almost became stars in America soon after, too , with "Run , Run Away" , but were'nt able to tour, in earnest , to capitalize on it's success. Rather, they refused to , Jimmy Lea , I think , was in a car crash , and they refused to tour, with a stand -in ,  until he recovered. 

I think the movie flopped in America , not because Slade were unknown. I knew 'em , and I was 10 or 11 years old , but , they did have a limited audience , and they fought harder than Bolan or Sweet to get ahold of a US following and KEEP it. It flopped because we don't speak Geordie ! Of course , today , Viz comics have proven a great boon to me in that department.

never seen the Roky film, shall have a look for it.

Stardust is ok for its time, took me a while to realise Ringo had been replaced with Adam Faith, with a limp from when he got beaten up in TBTD!

My favourite bit in TBTD is when David Essex picks up a Buddy Holly album and says he's waited ages to play it, puts it on the dansette and Richie Valens starts crooning Donna!

Slade in Fame was dark as you say JB, I remember it coming out at the time and Slade fans were really disappointed because it wasn't what they expected, it is as you say really well acted, might have a look on Amazon for a copy.

John Battles said:

The Stray Cats in "That'll Be The Day" was a fictional band built around Dave Edmunds. I know you knew that , but , it reads like you were referring to  the well known band of that name (SADLY , The Rockabilly Revival  pretty much began and ended in America with them .). I've never seen "Stardust " , though. "The Stray Cats " were credited on the soundtrack.

Setzer claims it was a coincidence that his future producer's movie band had the same name as his real - life band. If you liked that band, though , you'll love Nilsson's pub band in "Son of Dracula "- Moon , Bonham , Frampton and Entwistle or Voorman , I forget , they all go by so fast , except Keith , who gets , like , a minute - long drum solo.

You know , I've only watched "Slade in Flame", once. I was surprised that they could really ACT. It's got a very dark tone for a good - timey band like Slade , though they were about to enter their own Dark Ages. They were getting heavily into not - so heavy tunes , but , the soundtrack holds up well. You've got to love Noddy's Screaming Lord Sutch parody , too.

There was serious talk of a biopic on Roky , several years ago , but , it never came about. Perhaps it will , someday.....

It's true , if they really told his story , a lot of people would'nt believe it.

Roky's Son , Jegar , did a very good short film , in which he portrays his Dad. Even though he favors his Mom , Dana , he went to great lengths to make himself look uncannily like Roky.

• December 13, 2012 6:37 AM CST
    • The accent varies from town to town in the UK JB, the town 8 miles from me has a completely different accent to us. All the big cities have a different dialect and the smaller towns/villages near them have variations, you can pick the rough area someones from very easily here.

Only people from Newcastle would consider themselves Geordies, not even Sunderland or Middlesborough which are next to it are, they're from the north east.

The black country is Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc. but only people from Birmingham are Brummies, confused?? I am!

Moxie is a character from "auf wiedersehen pet', hes a Scouser, from Liverpool, the north west. Cant remember where his nick name came from. Its a good programme to watch to hear a lot of English accents. Pat Roach, aka 'Bomber" on the programme is from Bristol so you get all points of England covered. 

Bostin used to mean that something was good, and was used by Fuzzbox for their album for that reason, Bostin Steve Austin was also used, it was a Birmingham slang term.

Hope that helps, it probably doesn't, even living here I sometimes struggle with people if their accents are very broad, and then when you try to understand Aberdonians or someone from Devon! Help! subtitles please!
      John Battles said:

OK , YOU'VE KIND OF LOST ME , AND YET , I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD , BY ENGLISH PEOPLE , THAT PEOPLE THAT FAR NORTH , BLACK COUNTRY INCLUDED , WERE GEORDIES.  
      IF (AND WHEN) THAT WAS A GENERALIZATION , IT WAS'NT MEANT AS ONE.

TO FURTHER GENERALIZE : YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU MEET AN AMERICAN THAT EVEN KNOWS NORTHERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS  IN ENGLAND HAVE DIFFERENT ACCENTS , AND BOTH DIFFER FROM LONDONERS. THAT'S ME GENERALIZING ABOUT MY COUNTRYMEN , BUT , IT'S TRUE , UNLESS YOU'VE TRAVELLED BRITAIN , TIP TO TOE (MAYBE AUSTIN VINCE WILL LET ME DO A GUEST SPOT AS THE "OUT OF IT AMERICAN TOURIST"ON ONE OF HIS ROAD TRIP SHOWS !) , YOU WOULD'NT BE AWARE OF THAT. OF COURSE , IT'S THAT WAY , HERE , TOO , BUT , I THINK WE THINK OF OUR COUNTRY AS HAVING HALF A DOZEN ACCENTS , INSTEAD OF GOD KNOWS HOW MANY.....

SO , IS "BOSTIN'" A VARIATION OF BIRMINGHAMSPEAK , THEN ? IT'S AN INNOCENT QUESTION , I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I ONLY KNEW THAT EXPRESSION FROM THE (UK) FUZZBOX LP. AND , "MOXIE" ? IS THAT AN ABBREVIATION FOR A WELL KNOWN TOWN?

IN THE US , MOXIE MEANS BALLS , AND /OR A BRAND OF SODA THAT I THINK IS STILL MADE IN VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES.

Bloody hell JB! you can't call someone from the 'black country' a geordie! Both as difficult to understand but a lot different. If you watch an old episode of 'auf wiedersen pet' to hear geordies (os, Dennis and Neville) and Barry (a brummie) you also get a scouser in Moxie and a 'cockney' in Wayne. A nice little mix of English dialects with a bit of German thrown in as well! 'Barry' (Timothy Spall) is actually a cockney in real life but his accent is really good, in fact its 'Bostin" as they say in Brum!

John Battles said:

Mark George , I almost forgot about the "Buddy Holly "album that turns out to be Richie Valens  !!!! THAT'S ALL KINDS OF WRONG . Maybe they could'nt get permission to actually use a Buddy Holly NUMBER (EXCEPT FOR A TITLE) , AND RINGO'S FORMER BANDMATE WAS A FEW YEARS AWAY FROM OWNING HOLLY'S BACK CATALOGUE. In any case , why not just show the record , but not play it , or say "Hey , This is the Richie Valens record I waited for."

It's not Rocket Surgery. I REMEMBER READING SOME REVIEWS OF "SLADE in "FLAME" " , complaining that it was'nt the latter day " Hard Day's Night" fans expected....But , maybe , it's that it WAS'NT what anyone had a right to expect that makes it a better film , today.

I just say , to anyone who's never seen it , look at it with an open mind. They were exposing their distaste with an industry that had opened so many doors for them , but , now, was showing them the door. They kept making good records. I'm not saying they were remarkably consistent , but their early 80's "All guns blazing" comeback with Reading , "Slade on Stage " , "We'll Bring The House Down" , etc., took no prisoners , I don't think even their hardcore fans saw it coming. They almost became stars in America soon after, too , with "Run , Run Away" , but were'nt able to tour, in earnest , to capitalize on it's success. Rather, they refused to , Jimmy Lea , I think , was in a car crash , and they refused to tour, with a stand -in ,  until he recovered. 

I think the movie flopped in America , not because Slade were unknown. I knew 'em , and I was 10 or 11 years old , but , they did have a limited audience , and they fought harder than Bolan or Sweet to get ahold of a US following and KEEP it. It flopped because we don't speak Geordie ! Of course , today , Viz comics have proven a great boon to me in that department.

never seen the Roky film, shall have a look for it.

Stardust is ok for its time, took me a while to realise Ringo had been replaced with Adam Faith, with a limp from when he got beaten up in TBTD!

My favourite bit in TBTD is when David Essex picks up a Buddy Holly album and says he's waited ages to play it, puts it on the dansette and Richie Valens starts crooning Donna!

Slade in Fame was dark as you say JB, I remember it coming out at the time and Slade fans were really disappointed because it wasn't what they expected, it is as you say really well acted, might have a look on Amazon for a copy.

John Battles said:

The Stray Cats in "That'll Be The Day" was a fictional band built around Dave Edmunds. I know you knew that , but , it reads like you were referring to  the well known band of that name (SADLY , The Rockabilly Revival  pretty much began and ended in America with them .). I've never seen "Stardust " , though. "The Stray Cats " were credited on the soundtrack.

Setzer claims it was a coincidence that his future producer's movie band had the same name as his real - life band. If you liked that band, though , you'll love Nilsson's pub band in "Son of Dracula "- Moon , Bonham , Frampton and Entwistle or Voorman , I forget , they all go by so fast , except Keith , who gets , like , a minute - long drum solo.

You know , I've only watched "Slade in Flame", once. I was surprised that they could really ACT. It's got a very dark tone for a good - timey band like Slade , though they were about to enter their own Dark Ages. They were getting heavily into not - so heavy tunes , but , the soundtrack holds up well. You've got to love Noddy's Screaming Lord Sutch parody , too.

There was serious talk of a biopic on Roky , several years ago , but , it never came about. Perhaps it will , someday.....

It's true , if they really told his story , a lot of people would'nt believe it.

Roky's Son , Jegar , did a very good short film , in which he portrays his Dad. Even though he favors his Mom , Dana , he went to great lengths to make himself look uncannily like Roky.

• December 13, 2012 11:22 AM CST
    • I second all that! ...the last three really did turn me on to some new groups

Mike said:

Best compilations of 2012

The 3 latest editions of the "Best of the GaragePunk Hideout"

Vol.7 "We Love Trash"
      Vol.8 "Supercharged Sounds"
      Vol.9 "Garage Monsters"

Amazing that there are now 9 volumes in such a short time. All packed with great tunes.

• December 13, 2012 9:07 AM CST
    • this is indeed a brooding monster of an album and one of the most played round 'ere.i gotta say i also enjoyed the blues explosion album,there aint no filler on that and the savage heart by the jim jones revue,thats some incendiary shit n'all.

IDON MINE said:

I'll have to say I was really taken by the NEVERMORES "Now more than Never" - no duds for me in this one. But 2012 was ripe with great releases. From the top my noggin as well. Maybe get to post more, once I'm of duty.

• December 13, 2012 3:59 AM CST
    • Tex & The Horseheads were part of that original LA cow punk scene. Didnt love everything they did, but most of it. Fun live too.

• December 13, 2012 3:29 AM CST
    • Did anyone ever see Ragin ' Fire ? Did'nt like the name , but , I sure liked the group. They kicked out thE Country / Punk / Rock'n'Roll jams like nobody's biz , in a manner comparable to X , but , as I told their singer , Melora Zaner , THEY SOUNDED LIKE PATSY CLINE GONE TO HELL AND COME BACK.

John Battles said:

When this album came out , I saw The Gibson Bros. for the second time , with Jon Spencer in tow ( I liked him fine , with The Gibsons.), and The Gories opening. 

Joey Fuckup said:

Haha, so true John!

John Battles said:

And he means the ALBUM , not the girl on the cover.

joey fuckup said:

Another one I've got to get my hands on!

swt said:

And don't forget The Gibson Bros. I like the album they did with Workdogs, Punk Rock Drivin' Song of a Gun.