Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 2, 2012 1:53 PM CDT
    • ofcorse I know Os mutantes. and I have checked Wooden Shjips but I don't remember how they sound.. Django Django is crazy shit thou!

dave said:

Hi Axel, you probably know about this, but I've never heard anything else like them-

Os Mutantes- Bat Macumba It's Brazilian. Oh, and you know about Wooden Shjips, right? Not too different, but slightly psychedelic.

Peace, Dave

• August 2, 2012 1:38 PM CDT
    • The Wipers, Thee Oh Sees, Jay Retard, Cheap Time maybe...sorry, not 2012 maybe, but worth checking out. 

• August 1, 2012 5:50 AM CDT
    • That's who I thought of, too. Saw them open for Shonen Knife about two years ago, amazing what two guys can do.

Jason Feldmann said:

And while not a new band, maybe check out JEFF the Brotherhood. Blistering stuff.  

• July 31, 2012 6:37 PM CDT
    • Rational Animals

• July 31, 2012 4:39 PM CDT
    • Thanks dude.... anyone interested please visit my site.

www.paulmessis.moonfruit.com   I attack The Plagues' classic I've Been Through It Before.

DIG

Gruesome Grinham said:

Paul Messis on Stae records mate - you will dig it ex members of The mystreated back up on some trax. Need I say more

• August 2, 2012 10:53 AM CDT
    • I have been contemplating starting a music podcast for years.  The plus side is I have 2 decades and 1000s upon 1000s of webpages / sites etc... to promote it on.  The not so plus side is I maintain and market 30 - 40 band websites and stay crazy busy. Just adding gigs on a constant basis is enough to make you scream at times.

I think it would be a blast.

I could look it all up on the net but since I joined this group I might as well use it.  What is the bare minimum you need to start your own podcast. Mic etc... Suggestions.  And where so you legally get the music to play. I read above you have an MP3 archive available. Is that correct? Just double checking.

I am going to do it soon. Just a matter of when. Lately I have been thinking about passing my workload on to someone else new in the music industry here in Austin.  Take some time off for travel, fun, or maybe starting a podcast.

Any good info / help / guidance would be appreciated.

Drew Franklin, ATX

• August 2, 2012 3:30 AM CDT
    •  

Here's your summer's soundtrack featuring Post Teens,
      Gay Anniversary, Ty Segall, Midnite Snaxxx, Andre Williams,
      Turbonegro and many more!
      Italian boot kick by Sultan Bathery, Smart Cops, The Beats
      and The Strange Flowers.

DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE | SUBSCRIBE TO ALL | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Playlist:

POST TEENS – Fear God
      OFF! – I got news for you

CHEAP TIME – Another time
      The PSYCHED – New direction
      TURBONEGRO – I got a knife
      BEATS ME – Sexy city night

CRASH NORMAL – Moon food
      SULTAN BATHERY – Fireworks
      Thee CORMANS – Biker bitch
      The INTELLIGENCE – Hippy provider

KICKS – The defeatist beat
      The BLOODY HOLLIES – Good night sleep tight
      The MONOFONES – Alright
      SMART COPS – Facile bersaglio

GAY ANNIVERSARY – Fat punks
      The STRANGE FLOWERS - Vagina mother
      TY SEGALL BAND – Tell me what’s inside your heart
      MFC CHICKEN – Wild safari

ANDRE WILLIAMS & The SADIES – Bored
      MIDNITE SNAXXX – Can’t win your heart

99ERS – Doug the thug

• August 2, 2012 1:14 AM CDT
    • That thread wasn't very articulate, but I think it's easy to get the gist.

Ali Want said:

There's a thread on the Terminal Boredom board which explains a little more: http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/index.php?topic=24544.0 and I seem to recall (although based on somewhat hazily-remembered conversations with Howland and Evans) that it was all sorted out somewhere along the line.

• August 1, 2012 6:03 PM CDT
    • Try these fun bands:

• August 1, 2012 2:22 PM CDT
    • Fair enough my opinion is based on The Mystreated's output. However another authentic band were The Kaisers, currently I think Paul Messis has picked up where the kids of 66 left off. BTW I do like the Cynics, a band that comes to mind from the same time as The Cynics are The Margins Of Sanity dont know much about them but pretty sure they were one of the few English bands at this time.

MikeL said:

I'll go with the Cynics on this one.  However, keep in mind that my opinion is heavily swayed by the fact that they are from my hometown:)

• August 1, 2012 1:21 PM CDT
    • I'll go with the Cynics on this one.  However, keep in mind that my opinion is heavily swayed by the fact that they are from my hometown:)

• August 1, 2012 6:54 AM CDT
    • Being pretty rooted in the music of the 1960's, I am not a fan of current bands. By this I mean non-related 60's bands, BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, I absolutely love bands that take out time, effort and all the other aspects of being authentic. Some say that this is just copying, although I do heavily disagree. in my opinion they are just passionate about a certain period.

Anyway on with the question. Which bands do you consider to be the most authentic? I will go first.

The Mystreated from Folk-stone appeared from the ashes of The Sheds in 1991. They stormed in to the lives of garage fans with their 10 Boss Cuts LP. A very short L.P with a  convincing sound, that had you believe that a bunch of Herbert's just ran through their best songs as quickly as possible, in fear of running up a huge studio time bill.  That was followed by an impressive output of 45's and LP's that got better and better, and showed a natural progression from mid sixties acne ridden teen angst to an all out laid back dreamy psych approach, with a quick stop off at Folksville (not Folk stone - see what i did there) on the way.

So I have listed 5 good reasons why in my opinion. The Mystreated should be entered in The Garage Punk Hall Of Of Fame For Authenticity.

There's No Escape E.p, You Better run E.p She's Gone E.p, 10 Boss Cuts LP & Looking Right Through LP

• August 1, 2012 11:33 AM CDT
    • Reddit is the best timesuck in the world. There are some places there that are way too dark, though.

• August 1, 2012 6:32 AM CDT
    • I love Reddit!

• July 31, 2012 9:50 PM CDT
    • I've never even heard of Reddit!

• August 1, 2012 5:41 AM CDT
    • Good news everyone ! ©

I'm still answering to myself, to let you know if you came here by chance, that there's a new compilation on my blog, "A Boire et à Manger".

This one is an anniversary one, so there's all the different music genre I usually put on my compilations, all in one, hope you enjoy all this mashed together :)

You'll hear (few examples not the complete list :)) : Dead Can Dance, Faith No More, Shellac, Secret Chiefs 3, Madness, Peter Tosh, Jacques Brel, Bérurier Noir, Ramones, G.B.H., Prong, Lightning Bolt, Senser, John Lee Hooker, Yello, Depeche Mode, Amon Tobin, Einstürzende Neubauten, Dälek, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis, Pink Floyd, Tom Waits ...

Hope to bring some fun with this :)

• August 1, 2012 12:50 AM CDT
    • Hi, I live in Austin. I am here because the music is exactly what I was looking for.  I was a teen all through the 70s.  Bands were playing / practicing in garages all over the city . It was way to cool.  You could pick and choose. The garage old school punk sound was considered pretty heavy back in the day, compared to today's standards.  I am just gonna enjoy myself. I did read the Terms Of Service before I signed up.  All is well. Good day, Drew F

• July 31, 2012 6:52 PM CDT
    • You tube has really changed our music scene here with video's and movie's that have been redone with new technology and released to the world. Top shelf stuff for sure.

• July 31, 2012 6:49 PM CDT
    • This week's program featured music from The Jam, Radio Birdman, Alex Chilton, Cold Warps, Future Primitves, The Deadly Lo-Fi, Mudhoney and more!

Listen/download the podcast here: http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/36-Revolution_Rock-20120731-1030-t1343727000.mp3

Check out my blog post on The Jam's In The City single here:  http://revrock.blogspot.ca/2012/07/in-city-show-415.html

The Play List:

1.  Ty Segall – It #1
      2.  Dirty Projectors – maybe that was it
      3.  Deadly Lo-Fi – Walk Into The Sun
      4.  Micronite Filters – Hit The Hammer On The Nail
      5.  Mudhoney – What Moves The Heart
      6.  Lime Spiders – Nine Miles High
      7.  Cardboard Brains – Babies Run My World
      8.  Pelicans – New Wave
      9.  Johnny Jaws and The Sharks – Wizard
      10. The Plain Steel – Away
      11. Alex Chilton – Girl After Girl
      12. Neil Young & Crazy Horse- Gallows Pole
      13. The Beach Boys – The Shift
      14. Young Rival – Another Nobody
      15. Cold Warps - Slimer
      16. The Future Primitives – Sea of Words
      18. The Black Angels – Haunting at 1300 McKinley
      19. The Police – On Any Other Day
      20. Talking Heads – No Compassion
      21. Devo – Sloppy (I Saw My Baby Gettin’)
      22. The Jam – In The City
      23. The Jam – Takin' My Love
      24. Sex Pistols – Satellite
      25. Radio Birdman – Aloha Steve and Danno

• July 31, 2012 5:09 PM CDT
    • My friend turned me on to a Swedish band called The Bad Losers. I don't know if you'd call 'em straight up glam , but , they seem to be Faces , Mott and Hanoi Rocks - influenced , for sure.

Pretty good .