Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• April 8, 2010 1:23 PM CDT
    • The Funhouse (near the Space Needle) is a cool club with punk and garage type bands most nights of the week.
      Check out the EMP music museum, and the Science-Fiction museum beside it.
      Singles Going Steady is a good record store.

• April 4, 2010 7:49 PM CDT
    • I've been to this place across from my friend's office. Huge stock. I couldn't get through it all. Seattle is a cool town. Bop Street Records 5219 Ballard Avenue Northwest Seattle, WA 98107-4809 (206) 297-2232 http://www.spiralvinyl.com/

• April 4, 2010 4:10 PM CDT
    • Hey! I'll be in Seattle in April, and was wondering if  there are any cool clubs or record stores you'd reccommend? Thanks!

• April 8, 2010 4:21 PM CDT
    • This Saturday @ The Bazaar in Roanoke VA!

Come get righteous!!

$5
      All Ages! 

• April 7, 2010 9:14 PM CDT
    • so, obviously, seattle is sinking into the ocean with all these horrible club nights and i wanna do something about it. i wanna start a monthly garage night in seattle. can anyone here point me in th right direction of a bar that would be down to house this or possibly one already going on that i could latch on to? any places you'd like to see a night like this in? 

and, to be honest, i wanna make sure people are gonna be into it, so if i see a good response here, then its on for sure.

• April 7, 2010 9:00 PM CDT
    • We're going to be doing a short weekend stint with fellow Brooklyn garage band and Puta! Records labelmates The Back CCs at the end of May and are looking for bands and good venues to play.  Got any info??? Any insight would be very appreciated.

Thursday, May 28th: Richmond, Virginia
      Friday, May 29th: Baltimore
      Saturday, May 30st: Philly
      Sunday, May 31st: NYC

Thanks!

• April 5, 2010 1:59 PM CDT
    • Thanks for the info - I'll definitely check out your link! ultimate dvd duplicator here Alberto said:

hello

would like to trade for rare video/DVD shows of garage-punk
      I have tons to trade at www.freewebs.com/almudeno69

send your lists

thanks

• March 6, 2010 10:16 PM CST
    • It has been too long since I have been on here. Our hard drive crashed a year ago that held the movie on it. I have since repaired and re-edited the film - it's a better movie now in my opinion. We would love to have your help and anyone else for that matter in setting up european and east caost tour dates. teen a Go Go is on it's way to Hon Kong in 2 weeks for th Asian Film Mart... wish us luck! Please email me at melissak.filmgirl@gmail.com for any information or booking inquiries! BIG HUGS! -Melissa Gringo Starr said:

I don't know how I could have missed this post!! This looks really great! Mouse and the Traps! Larry and the Bluenotes!!! Arrrrgh! Wow, and Lenny Kaye and Billy Miller along for the ride with some expert commentary to boot! Fantastic!

To Melissa: I would be interested in organizing a screening/show in Bern, Switzerland (the home of Voodoo Rhythm Records & Reverend Beat-Man, of course) if you and the film make it to Europe. Drop me a line here and keep me
      updated.

--Gringo

• April 2, 2010 10:42 PM CDT
    • Oh yeah!! Ill be there doll. Maybe should hook up? Hey you wanna go to the Murder city Devils with me? Ill get you a ticket!

• April 2, 2010 9:57 PM CDT
    • I don't wanna say how cool King Khan & BBQ Show is and how if you haven't checked them out..."GO DO IT RIGHT NOW! What the hell you waiting for?"...but I am.  I'm not gonna say, how cool The Black Lips are and why would you not want to see both bands play together to perform as "THE ALMIGHTY DEFENDERS?"  (somewhat of a gospel garage band)...but i am.
       Anyhow, you get it...I'm just wondering how many other people in the area dig their shit and are going to see them this month?

• March 31, 2010 7:24 PM CDT
    • Friends:

DJs Big Sir (Whopping Crane band) and Jumpy (Flip City) bring Soul Habit to Kingdom--170 N. 4th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn on Saturday, April 3 from 10PM-4AM.

Free.

Hear all '60s soul 45s.

Plus, the girls from Shag will be there dressed as Playboy bunnies with stuff to sell and maybe some giveaways.

• March 30, 2010 4:10 PM CDT

• SATURDAY APRIL 3rd at the LARIMER LOUNGE!! *** LORDS of FUZZ *** the MANXX *** SHANTY VAMPS *** and thee GOOCHI BOIZ *** This show is going to be so rad! The show starts at 9 pm SHARP so don't be late, summer is comin baby, I can feel it on the breeze!! so let's get there early and kick off the show and dance to thee Goochi Boiz and make a real spectacle of it! xoxo!! Shanty Vamps at 10, the MANXX at 11, Lords of Fuzz at 12! YEAH!

See below for a link to CHEAP TICKETS!!

Hope you can make it!

• March 23, 2010 6:54 AM CDT
    • Our drummer just left us after 5 years and we need a replacement.  

Just released a 7", about to record again, have road shows set up all summer and an east coast tour in the fall.

Need someone committed.

theblackheartsaints@yahoo.com

• March 19, 2010 12:49 PM CDT
    • Nice to meet ya. Cool thats good to know, ive havent had alot of luck finding much around here. i checked your myspace songs, cool stuff. i like the three guitars. Boss Fight said:

Hey,
      We are Boss Fight from Tallahassee. Surfy, garage rock abound.
      Myspace
      Facebook

• March 19, 2010 12:47 PM CDT
    • I'm in Sarasota, COme on up, we'll have a real good time. what do you play? Robert Leng said:

I live in Tampa! Where are you? Let's start a band!

• March 18, 2010 10:34 AM CDT
    • Hey, We are Boss Fight from Tallahassee. Surfy, garage rock abound. Myspace Facebook

• March 11, 2010 7:02 PM CST
    • I WANT TO KNOW YOU! Looking to do shows with cool bands.

• March 12, 2010 11:34 AM CST
    • Friends:

Saturday, March 13 finds myself and DJ Big Sir (he of Whooping Crane fame) blastin' all '60s garage rock 45s at Blackout Bar.

That's 916 Manhattan Ave., Greenpoint, Brooklyn, 10PM-4AM. FREE!

Nice place, plenty of clean restrooms, yard and quiet room. And they now have a snack plate if you get hungry.

Take the G train or the B43/B62 bus right to the door!

• March 5, 2010 7:48 AM CST
    • I LIVE IN NC. WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN ME SHOWING UP AND DOING A SHOW? PINCHE GRINGO

• March 10, 2010 10:00 AM CST
    • you should check out us www.myspace.com/theblackheartsaints we've just got a new drummer, by summertime we're gonna be doing regional stuff (nc, dc, md, pa) at least once a month.

• March 5, 2010 3:10 PM CST
    • Former Dead Moon guy's new band.  Anyone going?

• March 4, 2010 6:04 PM CST
    • >Saturday, March 6, Girlsoul & I bring you an evening of all ‘60s soul 45s.

We spin ‘em at 10PM and don’t stop until 4AM.

We do it at Huckleberry Bar, 588 Grand St., E. Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY, 11211. Good cocktails and tasty food available all night long.

FREE!

• March 2, 2010 9:43 AM CST
    • Try Poobah's in Pasadena. (Not sure if I spelled that right). It's right next door to the Pasedena guitar center.

Also, the Pasadena College Swap meet has a whole parking lot dedicated to record collectors. It occurs on the first Sunday of each month. So the next one is this coming Sunday.