Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• June 13, 2010 2:05 PM CDT
    • Jeeeeezus Really wish I could go Have lotsa fun you guys!!!!! Sectmaniac said:

Little bird told me it's official: http://estrus.com/tours/

With opening acts THE JINXES & LARRY & THE ANGRIEST GENERATION

• June 8, 2010 1:14 AM CDT
    • Sounds like fun, but I don't want to get into a habit of seeing every surprise appearence (unless they come to Seattle, Oly, or Bellingham). But if you live in Portland, or are willing to make that trip cuz you missed them at Budget Rock, GO!

• June 4, 2010 10:59 PM CDT
    • That band is the WORST (and not in a good "worst" way [i.e., Supercharger]). erin said:

i hope its not that "here comes the mummies!" trickster band...

• June 4, 2010 10:21 PM CDT
    • 8/20, Dante's. stupid Ticketwest with all their fees is taking my cheeseburger & beer money for tonight but whatever i'm seeing the mummies!!

• June 3, 2010 1:28 AM CDT
    • neva hoid such a thing!

• June 1, 2010 8:20 PM CDT
    • i hope its not that "here comes the mummies!" trickster band...

• May 31, 2010 1:19 AM CDT
    • Well that bird you talked to seems to be the only one who knows....but shit I hope he's right!!

• May 29, 2010 6:41 PM CDT
    • Nope, but keep us posted!

• May 28, 2010 2:29 PM CDT
    • A little bird just told me that the Mummies might be playing in Portland this summer... anyone hear anything about this?

• June 3, 2010 7:29 PM CDT
    • Dads and grads:  

Saturday, June 5 sees the return of SOUL A GO-GO to Huckleberry Bar. In honor of Fathers’ Day, we put the Godfather of Soul on our flyer.

Come hear DJs Girlsoul and Jumpy blast all manner of ‘60s soul 45s. Many new finds, lots of old favorites! FREE, 10PM-4AM, 588 Grand St., E. Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY 11211.

“Best new bar in Brooklyn” said Time Out New York.

It features generous cocktails, good chow ‘til 4, smokers' yard,pleasant people and dancing grooves.

L or G train to Lorimer, B59 bus right to the door.

• June 2, 2010 5:23 PM CDT
    • Who: New York Dolls
      When: Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT (End Time Estimated)
      Where: Double Door
      1572 N. Milwaukee Ave
      Chicago Illinois 60622

21+ 

tix $30 at doubledoor.com

• May 23, 2010 8:13 PM CDT
    • Awesome. Thanks!

Liza Jane said:

i just added a couple events happening in Charlotte in the very near future... Snug 600, which is a 3 day festival with a pretty diverse band roster, and then one i am *very* much lookin forward to- The Spits/No Bunny show at the Milestone.

• May 20, 2010 7:28 PM CDT
    • i just added a couple events happening in Charlotte in the very near future... Snug 600, which is a 3 day festival with a pretty diverse band roster, and then one i am *very* much lookin forward to- The Spits/No Bunny show at the Milestone.

• May 22, 2010 12:48 PM CDT
    • i have a rock'n'roll radio show called HOT TRASH that airs in cleveland every tuesday nite from 11pm-1am est. you can listen online at www.wcsb.org, but we only stream live and don't archive shows.

i always put past setlists up on myspace or facebook, as well as upcoming events, photos and other goodies:

www.facebook.com/hottrash
      www.myspace.com/hot_trash

touring bands are encouraged to stop by if you are passing through cleveland on a tuesday nite and play live on the air! past guests include jeff magnum of the dead boys, the bare wires, the strange boys, beat beat (austria), the sweet sixteens, bob burns and the breakups, the romance novels, mr. california and more...

• May 22, 2010 12:08 AM CDT
    • Spike's in Rosemead

• May 21, 2010 10:14 PM CDT
    • The Smell!

• May 21, 2010 3:36 PM CDT
    • Echo does a good job, you're right about that, but Spaceland has gotten itself into a little niche market, not much I wanna see there these days.

I love going to Ts, but they seldom have good shows, and outta town bands generally do not play there, because they don't have a steady booker.

Sunset Strip is for tourists, there hasn't been a good show west side in years.

Haven't heard of The Blvd, but I'll put it on my radar, Thanks.

• May 20, 2010 12:09 PM CDT
    • Where have they all gone? Who will save us?

Redwood seems to be the only place putting on shows I want to see, yet its not a great room, and a lot of bands have gripes with the place.

What else is there?

• May 21, 2010 10:38 PM CDT
    • Hey All We're from western Ma and need to get the fuck out of dodge to play some shows.  we have great venues but want to play yours .please message if you wanna come here so we can go there!
      SaraQ

• May 18, 2010 8:01 PM CDT
    • I hope the crowd here digs rockabilly (and frat). Here’s the first set of what 45s I played at May 14’s installment of Rebel Night at Club Warsaw in Greenpoint, Brooklyn:

Flip Top Box—Dickie Doo & the Don’ts (Swan)
      The Girl Can’t Help It—Little Richard (Specialty)
      Go Bobby Soxer—Chuck Berry (Chess)
      Carol—Tommy Roe (ABC-Paramount)
      Did We Have a Party—Ray Smith (Tollie)
      My Babe—Ron Holden (Donna)
      Bip Bop Boom—Mickey Hawks (Profile)
      Ton of Bricks—Sam Butera (Dot)
      Rock and Roll Rhythm—Mickey Hawks (Profile)
      Monkey’s Uncle—Ray Sharpe (Jamie)
      Gonna Git That Man—Connie Francis (MGM)
      Bonie Maronie—Joey & the Twisters (Duel)
      Rockin’ In the Congo—Hank Thompson (Capitol)
      Rockin’ Little Angel—Ray Smith (Judd)
      Rock and Roll Baby—Billy & Mickey (Red Top)

2nd set:
      Train to Nowhere –The Champs (Challenge)
      Lov-a Lov-a Love---Andy Rose (Aamco)
      She’s My Baby—Johnny O’Keefe (Liberty)
      Swingin’ Daddy—Buddy Knox (Roulette)
      Gazacksthagen—the Keymen (ABC-Paramount)
      My Girl Josephine—Jerry Jaye (Hi)
      Rose Marie—Buck Rogers and His Jets (Montel)
      Baby Baby—Jack Scott (Top Rank)
      She’s Neat—Dale Wright & the Rock-Its (Fraternity)
      Dig—The Viscounts (Madison)
      Yeah Baby—Dante & the Evergreens (Madison)
      Stumpy Stump—Tony Farrell (Time)

None of these records are for sale.