Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• June 22, 2010 2:11 PM CDT
    • awesome! thanks Todd, i def fell in Love with Memphis when i was down last week. one of the best stops on our tour!

• June 22, 2010 2:03 PM CDT
    • memphis likely still has plenty of hillbilly stomp on their public station. needles and pins on vanderbilt's wrvu is super fun-spits all the way to girl group stylings! todd

• June 22, 2010 12:55 PM CDT
    • can anybody recommend good radio shows in the Tennessee?

• June 22, 2010 1:00 AM CDT
    • hey I'm in Apache Chief. We're a garage punk band from Tacoma. Let's do this.

• June 21, 2010 1:28 PM CDT
    • No one contacted me. Just saw it on Twitter. Thanks for the reply, though. DJ Voodoo Idol said:

Umm being a casualty of the Pirate Cat Regime, there is a lot more that you'll have to do in order to have your own radio show. I'm only saying this as a disclaimer. You'll be required to work in the cafe for FREE for three months. The cafe shift is a 5 hour shift once a week and you cannot keep your tips. On top of that, expect fines of various amounts for such things as not filling in the log, not updating your set lists in the Spinitron system, not indicating which genre of music you're playing, not posting two events posts per week, etc. There is a reason why there is such a high turnover at Pirate Cat. Wow, I wonder who contacted you to post this.

• June 21, 2010 1:26 PM CDT
    • Umm being a casualty of the Pirate Cat Regime, there is a lot more that you'll have to do in order to have your own radio show. I'm only saying this as a disclaimer. You'll be required to work in the cafe for FREE for three months. The cafe shift is a 5 hour shift once a week and you cannot keep your tips. On top of that, expect fines of various amounts for such things as not filling in the log, not updating your set lists in the Spinitron system, not indicating which genre of music you're playing, not posting two events posts per week, etc. There is a reason why there is such a high turnover at Pirate Cat. Wow, I wonder who contacted you to post this.

• June 21, 2010 1:04 PM CDT
    • Pirate Cat Radio in San Francisco (87.9 FM) is looking for some DJs. You obviously would need to live in the Bay Area, though. They require $30/month dues and people who are committed to doing a weekly radio show. Pretty cool! Click here for the application.

• June 18, 2010 6:23 PM CDT
    • Awesome. I can't wait to see this, Bon!

• June 18, 2010 6:11 PM CDT
    • If anybody wants to know, this is the reason Girl Trouble has taken so long to put out another album.  We put all our efforts into making a movie.  This is the project of my local award winning nephew Isaac Olsen and GT singer K.P. Kendall.  Bass player Dale Phillips stars as private eye Rick Savage, with the rest of Girl Trouble in parts.  It was made on a shoe-string budget and took quite a bit of our energy for the last four years.  It would be best described as a film noir comedy.  Thanks! Bon/Girl Trouble

If you are in the area, don't miss this chance to see Quiet Shoes. 

http://www.schnelluloid.com/

and here's an article in the local Tacoma paper, The Tacoma News Tribune

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/06/18/1231613/troubles-brewing.html

• June 18, 2010 2:38 PM CDT
    • Quintron and Miss Pussycat are playing at the Firebird on Tuesday.

• June 16, 2010 11:41 AM CDT
    • bitte nicht speielen schleckich............... DammitDave said:

Ein kleine Chuckus Berry, bitte.

• June 16, 2010 8:58 AM CDT
    • Ein kleine Chuckus Berry, bitte.

• June 15, 2010 3:55 AM CDT
    • On our way to Gonerfest we thought we would play shows in the home of the blues and chuckus.

Anyone got any suggestions of which venues we should try to play?

Thank you muchly

dick........................out

• June 17, 2010 12:11 PM CDT
    • man i wanna play that shit!

• June 15, 2010 5:08 PM CDT
    • Glad its in Portland! We'll be there for sure.

• June 15, 2010 11:35 AM CDT
    • YES! Travis S. Ripley said:

like last last last, or last last last last last?

• June 15, 2010 1:16 AM CDT
    • like last last last, or last last last last last?

• June 14, 2010 10:29 PM CDT
    • G.G.Plant said:

Wasn't there already a last Mummies show ever?
      But this is the last last last Mummies show ever... at least on US soil.

• June 14, 2010 6:11 PM CDT
    • Wasn't there already a last Mummies show ever?

• June 14, 2010 4:49 PM CDT
    • Yup, you read that correctly!

The last US MUMMIES show ever will be on Aug. 20th at Dantes in Portland!

With special opening acts:

THE JINXES (LA)

LARRY & THE ANGRIEST GENERATION (SF)

• June 16, 2010 10:42 PM CDT
    • Were The Rockin' Guys, my favorite Arkansas band, in it?

• June 16, 2010 9:51 PM CDT
    • I know Im late to the game about Towncraft since it came out in 07, but I just stumbled on this awesome documentary about Little Rock scene. Anyone here from that area and know first hand about it?

The full video but with commercials , its also streaming on Netflix. 
      Towncraft movie site here, along with first hand stories from users.

Little Rock produced Chino Horde, Soophie Nun Squad, Trusty, Econochrist, the Big Cats, etc. 

This defitely touched a chord because I live in a similar town with not much to do when you are too young for the bars but the little scene that I remember fizzled out just as quick as it started. A local metal label even put out a documentary about our scene but hard to find it. Our scene wasnt as tightknit as Little Rock. Some of the punk bands were even able to play at the LR governor's mansion.

Also if anyone likes Upright Citizen's Brigade TV series then you will see Matt Besser talk about the scene a little bit. 

This documentary was more inspiring and fun to watch than American Hardcore. 

• June 15, 2010 4:08 PM CDT
    • NEW BOMB TURKS! Livefastdie! DJs Viking Thrust & Justin Collectorscum $12, 6pm doors! PLUS! Book release party for: WE NEVER LEARN The Gunkpunk Undergut, 1988-2001 By Eric Davidson Foreword By Byron Coley

“We Never Learn shares its gory glory in a raucous account of rock at its bug-eyed funnest.” - Ira Robbins, Trouser Press “Who needs fame? Bring on the Trash!” - Jello Biafra ______________________________________ We Never Learn: The Gunk Punk Undergut, 1988–2001 is the first and only book on the last great wave of down-and-dirty rock’n’roll, one whose hangover can still be felt in bars and clubs across the globe. The book is the next chapter in the Please Kill Me/American Hardcore/Our Band Could Be Your Life succession. Musician and journalist Eric Davidson (Village Voice, CMJ, SF Bay Guardian) was there as this scene unfolded as the frontman for Ohio punks the New Bomb Turks, and he tracks the roots and history of this largely undocumented movement. This is the last generation of punks and rockers to conquer city after city without the diluting force of the Internet. The Black Lips, the late Jay Reatard, The Dirtbombs, The White Stripes, The Reigning Sound, The Hives–success stories who all sprang from an underground music scene where similarly raw bands, enjoying various degrees of success and hard luck, played in venues ranging from dive bars to massive festivals, but were mostly ignored by a music industry focused on mega-bands and shiny pop stars. These bands weren’t swept up in the “alternative rock explosion.” They played and acted like a bunch of punks, yawned at the Green Days and Offsprings of the world who were supposedly bringing “punk” to the masses, played Sonics bootlegs in their tour vans as much as Iggy Pop, the Ramones or Black Flag, and had soaked up just enough of music biz history to know that they would never be welcomed—even through the servant’s entrance. They reveled in ’50s rock’n’roll and ’60s garage rock while creating their own wave of gut-busting riffs and rhythm. The bands that populate this book–The Dwarves, Gories, Supersuckers, Mummies, Oblivians, Billy Childish, Rocket From The Crypt, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Cheater Slicks, Teengenerate among them–gained little long-term reward from their nonstop touring and brain-slapping records. What they did have was free liquor, good drugs, guilt-free sex, and a crazy good time, all the while building a dedicated fan base that extends across America, Europe, and Japan. Truly, this is the last great wave of down-and-dirty rock’n’roll, one whose hangover can still be felt in bars and clubs everywhere in the world. About The Author: Eric Davidson (Brooklyn, NY) had his share of good times as the singer of the Columbus,Ohio punk band New Bomb Turks, who have played hundreds of gigs in dozens of countries on three continents (and countless labels), but has retained enough brain cells to recall the lurid details of a scene as sprawling and multicolored as any in the history of rock’n’roll. Publication Information: For Immediate Release; ISBN: 978-0-87930-972-5; Paperback; 351 pgs with index; Includes twenty song MP3 download; $19.99. Retailers may order through their preferred wholesaler; directly from Hal Leonard (800-554-0626; sales@halleonard.com); or through Music Dispatch (www.musicdispatch.com, 800-637-2852).

• June 13, 2010 7:53 PM CDT
    • Hi guys,

My name is Simon. I have played guitar in The Lobsters and The Red Skulls. I would like to start a new project. So get off your asses and come to Roanoke, and lets play something worthwhile.