Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 14, 2013 11:00 AM CDT
    • I stumbled across a documentary by this title yesterday, and...holy shit. How had I never heard this? Pure gold.

• August 14, 2013 10:15 AM CDT
    • How about 'Apple Candy' by the Skeptics?

• August 14, 2013 8:34 AM CDT
    • Gino and the Gonns- Play Loud. 8 song 12'' at 45rpm.......best thing of 2013. If you like Supercharger, Mummies, and that whole Budget Rock thing....they're the best band I've heard doing that in a while.

• August 14, 2013 1:54 AM CDT
    • Anything by Swedish Daniel Norgren... AWESOME oneman blues trash gospel.

Cheers / Tobba

• August 13, 2013 11:50 PM CDT
    • THE LOLLIPOP SHOPPE - S/T (IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT , ALREADY.)

• August 13, 2013 10:10 PM CDT
    • note to self, don't read these types of threads.  I promised myself no more buying new LP's for a couple of months but after reading this thread I had to order the Creation, Swamp Rats and Hypstrz albums.

• August 14, 2013 9:37 AM CDT
    • The Rats LP 'Intermittent Signals' is great too, you can certainly see that this is where they formed the sound which we associate with Dead Moon.

Good advice!  I've made a comment on their facebook page and plan to do so every week until they finally cave in and visit London just to stop a lunatic from continuing to post 'come to London!' on their facebook group :)

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

I just checked out The Rats (YouBuBe).  I never heard them before. Yeah, good sound. Comment that on their Facebook page (that's what I do).... Hey when are going you coming to play in London;-) All the members are fairly approachable.  They obviously still like to play out.  Fred was standing next to me in the crowd at The Sonics show and I turned around and said hi to him and told the person I was there with that he probably has tinnitus or something.  Then, he looked straight at me and said Hi, very friendly.. hahaha OOOPs!  Their new drummer is a younger guy and probably would love to do a mini-tour. Just assuming. I don't know.

• August 13, 2013 11:46 PM CDT
    • .....I FIRST GOT TURNED ON TO FRED'S WORK IN THE 80'S ,  BY WAY OF THE LOLLIPOP SHOPPE. I DON'T KNOW WHY THEIR NAME TURNS UP SO INFREQUENTLY . IF THEY WERE'NT A GREAT BAND , I GUESS , THEN , I'D UNDERSTAND. I LIKE EVERYTHING BY COLE THAT I'VE HEARD - RATS , ZIPPER , RANGE RATS , KINGBEE....WHEN I LEARNED IN THE EARLY 90'S THAT HE HAD A NEW BAND CALLED DEAD MOON , I FLIPPED OUT , ESPECIALLY WHEN I FOUND OUT HOW STRONG ALL THEIR STUFF WAS/IS.

• August 13, 2013 11:41 PM CDT
    • FRED HAS HAD A HEARING AID SINCE THE LATE '90s. HE LOOKS LIKE MY FATHER , SOMETIMES , WHEN TOODY TRIES TO TELL HIM SOMETHING , FROM A DISTANCE. "WHAAA?!!". THEIR DRUMMER'S NAME IS KELLI HALLIBURTON. HE'S A VERY FUNNY GUY. ONCE I WAS TALKING TO HIM , AND A FRIEND SAT DOWN AND JOINED US , TELLING HIM "YOU REALLY REMIND ME OF ANDREW FROM DEAD MOON!" , NOT KNOWING WHO HE WAS. FRED AND TOODY HAVE ALWAYS MADE MORE OF AN EFFORT TO SEE THE OPENING BANDS AND HANG OUT WITH THEIR FANS THAN MOST BANDS  WOULD.....

PIERCED ARROWS PLAYED HERE IN CHICAGO FOUR TIMES , I THINK , SINCE FORMING , BUT , THEY HAVE'NT BEEN HERE IN A FEW YEARS.

• August 13, 2013 11:33 PM CDT
    • Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

I just checked out The Rats (YouBuBe).  I never heard them before. Yeah, good sound. Comment that on their Facebook page (that's what I do).... Hey when are going you coming to play in London;-) All the members are fairly approachable.  They obviously still like to play out.  Fred was standing next to me in the crowd at The Sonics show and I turned around and said hi to him and told the person I was there with that he probably has tinnitus or something.  Then, he looked straight at me and said Hi, very friendly.. hahaha OOOPs!  Their new drummer is a younger guy and probably would love to do a mini-tour. Just assuming. I don't know.

• August 13, 2013 11:32 PM CDT
    • YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ORDER IT ON DVD DIRECTLY FROM FRED AND TOODY VIA TOMBSTONE RECORDS MAILORDER.

• August 13, 2013 11:31 PM CDT
    • Danny said:

I keep meaning to see  Unknown Passage, I don't believe its on UK netflix and there is no uploads on youtube :(

• August 13, 2013 11:31 PM CDT
    • Danny said:

I keep meaning to see  Unknown Passage, I don't believe its on UK netflix and there is no uploads on youtube :(

• August 13, 2013 11:01 PM CDT
    • I just checked out The Rats (YouBuBe).  I never heard them before. Yeah, good sound. Comment that on their Facebook page (that's what I do).... Hey when are going you coming to play in London;-) All the members are fairly approachable.  They obviously still like to play out.  Fred was standing next to me in the crowd at The Sonics show and I turned around and said hi to him and told the person I was there with that he probably has tinnitus or something.  Then, he looked straight at me and said Hi, very friendly.. hahaha OOOPs!  Their new drummer is a younger guy and probably would love to do a mini-tour. Just assuming. I don't know.

• August 13, 2013 10:16 PM CDT
    • I would love to see the Pierced Arrows but they never stop over at lil' ol' England when they visit Europe. I haven't listened to their albums before, its on the list.

I did like the band Fred and Toody did pre Dead Moon; the Rats.  They have a bit more of a punk vibe than Dead Moon.

• August 13, 2013 8:00 PM CDT
    • The Pierced Arrows still play out pretty often here in Portland, OR... they open'd for The Sonics when they played.

• August 14, 2013 5:23 AM CDT
    • http://youtu.be/tLNSbVTUCFM

• August 13, 2013 9:54 PM CDT
    • thats what I love about a good best/worst list, there is always something to debate. 

They have a 20 worst hipster bands there too: http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/worst_hipster_bands_all_time_c.php

Which was decent despite the inclusion of the Black Keys which I have a soft spot for :)

• August 13, 2013 7:55 PM CDT
    • I sure don't agree with all those choices -- Sex Pistols especially. I also have to confess that I've also enjoyed TV on the Radio and Animal Collective.

And The Eagles are some of the greatest musicians in modern history.

( Not really. I just wanted to see if Kopper spit beer on his computer screen. Eagles should be on top of the Suck List)

• August 13, 2013 8:17 PM CDT
    • Yeah, this should be under Psychotic Reactions.. Mick definitely deserves a good-bye; however, it fits under the proto-punk cat. o well I work too hard and need one of these: 

• August 13, 2013 8:04 PM CDT
    • This happened while garagepunk.com was on sabbatical: http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2013/jul/29/charles-shaar-murray-tribute-mick-farren

Better still...

This would be better placed elsewhere perhaps...can't undo! Oops.

• August 13, 2013 7:57 PM CDT
    • He will be missed... so sorry to hear of it.

• August 13, 2013 7:56 PM CDT
    • I mentioned this in the other thead, but the first Undertones album. the new wave version of "true confessions" throws that album off pretty badly. the rest of it I love though.

Mc5- Back in the Usa would be the perfect album if not for "let me try".