Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• November 23, 2012 7:04 PM CST
    • Thanks everyone. There's also  nominations for The Woggles & Red Kross. @ Joe, had a blast playing back home in NYC. I don't get back there often enough.

• November 23, 2012 2:36 PM CST
    • You got my vote as well.  I was fortunate enough to see KKBB play in NYC back in July with the Original Sins - fantastic show! 

On a side note, I know this has been discussed here before, but it's a bit baffling what Little Steven considers "garage". 

• November 23, 2012 11:47 AM CST
    • Right on then, well said. Can't put it better than the others here. You got my vote - but that's out of question.

Edit to add: And congrats to the NEVERMORES as well, of course! Both you bands shake the competition up.

• November 23, 2012 11:42 AM CST
    • Good luck with the contest. I voted for your band. I have to admit though, that's a pretty lousy list of songs and bands you are up against.

• November 23, 2012 11:14 AM CST
    • The Nevermores' "Adeline" (not featured on a Hideout comp, but they do have TWO songs on Hideout comps—"12 Bells" on Noises From the Hideout, and "Shallow Grave" on Garage Monsters) is also in the running for this!

But, unfortunately, I doubt either will win when they're up against those rock dinosaurs. 

• November 23, 2012 10:12 AM CST
    •  My band (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) has had our song nominated as "Coolest Song Of The Year" on Little Steven's Underground Garage.

It's a song first heard here on "Noises From The Hideout" Garage Punk Records Vol. 6. (Thanks Kopper!)

There are 50 songs nominated, and we are up against some mainstream, non Garage artists, like Aerosmith (?) Bruce Springsteen, Joe Walsh ( Really??!!) Michael De Barres, Jack White (boo!) The Beach Boys, Tom Jones (?) & DR John (?)...Seriously!!!

So I'm asking for your help to make your voices heard. My band is not a Garage purist band in the traditional sense, but we are an independent, underground band with deep roots in the Garage Community, and we are a Garage Punk Hideout band.

Kopper started the Hideout Compilation series as a direct response to the Coolest Song In The world compilation series. How "Cool" would it be if one of Kopper's bands actually won the top position?

So please help show your support for an underdog and let it be known that Classic Rock Dinosaur bands have nothing to do with Underground Garage. (no offense to any of the artists above, they just belong somewhere else)

• November 23, 2012 5:37 PM CST
    • Radio What Wave Playlist Nov 22/1963

1. The Standstills...Black Betty...from their The Human Element CD. Standstills have a brand new release and will be playing at Call The Office on Sat Nov 24th.

The Standstills....Black Shire Pub 3/27/09 at one of our Battle Of The 2 Piece Band Shows.

2. Black Frame Spectacle...Bust Out The Boogie...from their recent Grady Sessions II CD. And they will be playing with The Standstills at Call The Office.

Black Frame Spectacle, London Music Club 6/8/11

3. Bubble Puppy...Thinkin' About Thinkin'...from a 7". Played this for Gary Pig Gold as i couldn't find my copy of Hot Smoke And Sassafrass.

4. Martin and The E Chords....Possibilities...a demo from many years ago and features Gary Pig Gold on rhythm guitar.

5. The Dead Beat...Heavy Set...from their recent Boss Sound CD.

6. The Knickerbockers...Lies...from the LP of the same name and goes out to Kevin.

7. The Rutles...Number 1...from their debut LP from 1978 and ties in with the previous song.

8. The Leaves...Hey Joe...from their first and probably only LP. This one goes out to our mayor, Mayor Joe, who has 3 criminal charges against him, one of which is breach of trust. And he has claimed he his innocent and won't step down from his mayor's throne, even though most of council is requesting him to step down until the charges are resolved. So if he's found guilty, and goes to jail, will he still be our mayor? Another smudge on sleepy London Ontario.

9. NFG...Hijack Victim...recorded live at Call The Office, Oct 27/12 as part of opening night for Graphic Underground: London 1977-1990.

NFG live at Call The Office, 10/27,12.

10. Destroy All Monsters...November 22nd, 1963...from their Singles and Rarities CD. 49 years to the date of this show JFK was gunned down.

Niagara of Destroy All Monsters (then called Dark Carnival), Call The Office 10/12/90

11. The Avengers...American In Me...from their 12" from 1979.

12. DOA...America, The Beautiful...from their War On 45 LP from 1982.

DOA at Fryfogles, London 1983.

13. Dead Kennedys...California Uber Alles....from the Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegtables LP.

14. UJ3RK5...Eisenhower and The Hippies...from their self titled 12" from 1982 and the end of our feature on JFK. Also played this as i finally caught the full version of Bloodied But Unbowed, the story of Vancouver punk in the late 70's/early 80's and UJ3RK5 were briefly in the movie.

15. Los Chicos Problema...Secuestrado En Otro Planeta..from a demo they sent us this week. Found this song on facebook the other day and i had to play it multiple times as it was so cool!! LCP are a 2 piece from Mexico;fuzz bass and drums! And they're way cool!

16. The Gruesomes...For All I Care...from the Tyrants Of Teen Trash LP which has been re-ished on Groovie Records from Greece.

17. The Skeptics...Missing Link...from their brand new self titled LP on Moody Monkey Records. France/Belgium trio that dig the nasty garagepunk sounds!

18. 49th Parallel...Citizen Freak...from their Pacemaker CD.

19. Screamin' Mee Mee's...Struck Out...from their 4 song EP on Bag Of Hammers Records and goes out to drummer Jon Ashline who passed away the other day. One of the original US punk bands from the 70's.

20. UIC...Stations Fading...from their live LP, Like 90 on OG Records from 1989 and goes out to Mike NephewofUIC.

UIC in Lucan Ontario...1984.

21. UIC...Shamrock Bang...from the cassette that comes with What Wave zine 24, Slippery's Club Hits. Available locally at Grooves, Speed City, Village Idiot, LA Mood, Hot Dog and Forest City Gallery (where the Graphic Underground: London 1977 -1990 exhibit is on display).

22. The Revillos...Do The Mutation...live recording from Fryfogles Tavern, London Ontario Sept 3/81. I remember this as being a fantastic and packed show!!

23. The Rezillos...I Can't Stand My Baby...from a 1977 7" and a different version than on the LP, Can't Stand The Rezillos. Rezillos are in Hamilton Ontario tonite!!

24. The Revillos...Motor Bike Beat...from a 1980 7". They started as the Rezillos, broke up, reformed with a few different members and became the Revillos. And they are presently touring as the Rezillos. Make sense?

25. Bloody Diamonds...Bright Lights Darling...recorded live on Radio WW 9/27/12. Had to cut this one short as we were running outta time.

Back next week with more noise!!  Thanx for listening and reading this.

Here's a link to the archived show:

http://chrwradio.ca/content/radio-what-wave#prev-shows

• November 23, 2012 4:46 PM CST
    • The main difference from guitar amps to keyboard amps is the speaker... a 'full range' speaker is more ideal because keys tend to operate outside the parameters of guitars... both higher and lower.

A bass amp might be a little more forgiving... especially with tubes. then you can get a little more grit out of it.

• November 23, 2012 3:58 PM CST
    • Why was he thrown out of venues? He wasn't like GG Allin.

John Battles said:

The Hipsters in Chicago DID devour Wesley , so to speak. But , I think his following was on the wane , and , as noted earlier , I'd been told , by an employee at one of the few places that still admitted him , that every other club in town had banned him , probably meaning every club that , up to that point , he frequented. I used to see him around , with his drawing pad , before he made his way into the Rock club scene , and when he still had an afro. I was'nt even aware that he was mentally ill. He seemed about as low - key as a person his size could probably be. I don't know when he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia , but , many people who are , turn out to be misdiagnosed , they may have something similar , but not always the same thing.

IDON MINE said:

Oh yeah, Wes is the thing! Coming to think of it:

I can only imagine that he would have been eaten up by the new "performance art show" crowd of nowadays, for his, uhm, all natural looking "act." Only to headbutt them  for a hello, haha!

Chris Henniker said:

Anyone like Wesley Willis? A true outsider musician if there ever was one, who was so bad, he was great.

• November 23, 2012 3:35 PM CST
    • The Hipsters in Chicago DID devour Wesley , so to speak. But , I think his following was on the wane , and , as noted earlier , I'd been told , by an employee at one of the few places that still admitted him , that every other club in town had banned him , probably meaning every club that , up to that point , he frequented. I used to see him around , with his drawing pad , before he made his way into the Rock club scene , and when he still had an afro. I was'nt even aware that he was mentally ill. He seemed about as low - key as a person his size could probably be. I don't know when he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia , but , many people who are , turn out to be misdiagnosed , they may have something similar , but not always the same thing.

IDON MINE said:

Oh yeah, Wes is the thing! Coming to think of it:

I can only imagine that he would have been eaten up by the new "performance art show" crowd of nowadays, for his, uhm, all natural looking "act." Only to headbutt them  for a hello, haha!

Chris Henniker said:

Anyone like Wesley Willis? A true outsider musician if there ever was one, who was so bad, he was great.

• November 23, 2012 3:23 PM CST
    • Well , to be fair , his records don't exactly fall out of trees...Even the recent reissue of his one , self - released compilation of various recordings , was limited to 200 copies. I guess there's stuff on the internet , though.

Chris Henniker said:

He needs more recognition, perhaps 6Music should play him more on the Freak Zone.

John Battles said:

J. Henry Timmis IV ( His first name was John.) was a "Bedroom Recording Artist " , like Jandek , in Chicago , in the 70's and 80's , maybe into the 90's. His decidedly lo-fi (Before it was trendy.) recordings included Acid - Punk with a nod to "Raw Power" Stooges and even some more laid - back Psychedelic slow groovers , obviously influenced by Bolan and Bowie.

Timmis IV performed live as "Frankenstein" , taking a visual cue from David Carradine's great characterization of the same name in "Death Race 2000". which meant he wore a black leather mask on stage , ostensibly to hide a burn or crash injury that never happened , as per Carradine's example in the movie. Reportedly , he did'nt play out with a band , instead , opting for tapes of his own music.

I suggested he be included in the Chicago Punk Bio , "You Were'nt There", but , that never happened. Timmis died , probably penniless , 10 or 12 years ago , roughly. I spoke to the one personal friend of his that I knew. All I could get out of him was that J. Henry Timmis IV "Took a lot of drugs" . This was coming from a man who probably took enough drugs to fill Soldier Field. An extremely limited, somewhat recent , reissue of his original LP compilation will probably set you back hundreds of dollars on e-bay , but , I hope some of you have the  chance to hear his music. A Chicago original.

• November 23, 2012 10:50 AM CST
    • Yeah, Delany is pretty cool live! He played with the GO-GO boy I mentioned earlier a short while a go where I'm at.

And Dollar Bill sounds like the perfect one an band name, even without the fitting "One" before it, haha.

Gabi de la Merced said:

Currently, I doubt between Dollar Bill and Delaney Davidson. I love Bill's recordings but I haven't seen him live. However on stage Delaney is brutal.

• November 23, 2012 10:06 AM CST
    • Myself!!!!!  & GHOSTWRITER!!!!!

• November 23, 2012 5:23 AM CST
    • Currently, I doubt between Dollar Bill and Delaney Davidson. I love Bill's recordings but I haven't seen him live. However on stage Delaney is brutal.

• November 23, 2012 3:18 PM CST
    • BTW , We forgot the greatest rumor in recent Rock'n'Roll history.....Keith Richard smoking his Dad's ashes. He even had the press believing it , momentarily.

John Battles said:

It may be , that it goes back that far....Or it could , still , be a variation on the story of a Football team pulling a train on Louise Brooks......WITH her consent.

Mark George Harrison said:

I heard a few years ago, maybe from a Marc Almond interview, that he heard the story originated in the 50s about a (head?) cheerleader and a football team that she had been 'good' to. Maybe Rods publicist was re-cycling as well?

Kirk Teeters said:

I didn't care for Rod when I first heard him, cause he was doing 'disco-shit' like "Do ya Think I'm Sexy". It wasn't til later when I heard stuff like "Maggie May" and "the First Cut is the Deepest" that I appreciated his voice. And, no, I don't blame him for being pissed about the rumors. I got called a variety of nicknames in school because I was "all into that pansy-ass art stuff". LOL And, just like Rod, I was ALL about the women.

John Battles said:

It's so true. I have no particular admiration for Marc Almond , but , not knowing what it's like to be Gay , or someone in the public eye, I still know rumors can be really damaging. I don't think the original rumor did Rod Stewart any damage , but , who could blame him for being pissed off ? It took me YEARS to appreciate his singing at all , but , I knew , centuries ago , that he was all about women , just as women were all about him.   

Kirk Teeters said:

It really is interesting, from a sociological point of view. Now that we have the internet, these things can spread even faster (and in some cases be 'debunked' faster as well.) But rumors have spread faster than the speed of thought probably since the beginning of time.

John Battles said:

I GUESS MY TAKE ON IT IS , IS'NT IT POSSIBLE SOMEONE MERELY REVISED THE STORY , AND IT  TOOK OFF , ONCE AGAIN?
        If it happened , it would have been difficult for the press not to have a field day with it , and , by that I mean a few REAL newspapers , not The Sun , The Star or our own National Enquirer , Examiner , etc. Unless (Understandably) , Almond paid a lot of people off to be quiet.
      Nero said:

I can back Mark George Harrison up on this one, I was going to say the same thing until I came across his post. When I started reading this thread I had to Google the Rod Stewart myth to find out what is was, only to find that it was the one I'd heard attributed to Marc Almond, roughly around the time of 'Tainted Love', or a bit later. 

John Battles said:

IN SLADESPEAK : CUM ON , MAN , YER MAKIN THAT NOIZE UP.

Strangely I'd never heard the Rod myth, here (UK) it was always credited to Marc Almond.

John Battles said:

YOU KNOW WHAT , YOU'RE RIGHT ! THERE IS A BOOK , THERE.....I heard it in Junior High at the same time. We were kids , not particularly progressive in our thinking , we wanted to believe certain things , but , in the back of my mind , I thought another kid at school made it up.  I did'nt hear the story again for YEARS , until my friend's band , Lava Sutra , made reference to it in a song. It WAS the equivalent of what "Going viral "is , today. Peter Bagge DID A HILARIOUS CARTOON , around that time ,  changing said Rock STAR'S NAME TO "Reginald".

trashman said:

Well we all know the Rod Stewart one.

But what I find interesting is how it all evolved.  I remember hearing it back in 4th or 5th grade (1979 or 80); but I heard it from a kid in a lunch room.  And I thought it sort of started there. Then I met kids in other high schools and they knew it.  Then onto college and they knew it.  Then professional life living all over the U.S. and they knew it.  

This rumor was spread before the days of the internet so remarkable the way it carried along an oral tradition (no pun intended) of storytelling.  Of course, we all got to an age we knew it was false but remarkable to the extent this dirty little rumor spread.  

I recently heard Rod Stewart address while doing the media tour for his new book.  It was started by an ex-publicist he fired.  Remarkable.  

The way this story spread via person to person in the late 70s/80s is worth a book in itself.

• November 23, 2012 3:17 PM CST
    • It may be , that it goes back that far....Or it could , still , be a variation on the story of a Football team pulling a train on Louise Brooks......WITH her consent.

I heard a few years ago, maybe from a Marc Almond interview, that he heard the story originated in the 50s about a (head?) cheerleader and a football team that she had been 'good' to. Maybe Rods publicist was re-cycling as well?

Kirk Teeters said:

I didn't care for Rod when I first heard him, cause he was doing 'disco-shit' like "Do ya Think I'm Sexy". It wasn't til later when I heard stuff like "Maggie May" and "the First Cut is the Deepest" that I appreciated his voice. And, no, I don't blame him for being pissed about the rumors. I got called a variety of nicknames in school because I was "all into that pansy-ass art stuff". LOL And, just like Rod, I was ALL about the women.

John Battles said:

It's so true. I have no particular admiration for Marc Almond , but , not knowing what it's like to be Gay , or someone in the public eye, I still know rumors can be really damaging. I don't think the original rumor did Rod Stewart any damage , but , who could blame him for being pissed off ? It took me YEARS to appreciate his singing at all , but , I knew , centuries ago , that he was all about women , just as women were all about him.   

Kirk Teeters said:

It really is interesting, from a sociological point of view. Now that we have the internet, these things can spread even faster (and in some cases be 'debunked' faster as well.) But rumors have spread faster than the speed of thought probably since the beginning of time.

John Battles said:

I GUESS MY TAKE ON IT IS , IS'NT IT POSSIBLE SOMEONE MERELY REVISED THE STORY , AND IT  TOOK OFF , ONCE AGAIN?
        If it happened , it would have been difficult for the press not to have a field day with it , and , by that I mean a few REAL newspapers , not The Sun , The Star or our own National Enquirer , Examiner , etc. Unless (Understandably) , Almond paid a lot of people off to be quiet.
      Nero said:

I can back Mark George Harrison up on this one, I was going to say the same thing until I came across his post. When I started reading this thread I had to Google the Rod Stewart myth to find out what is was, only to find that it was the one I'd heard attributed to Marc Almond, roughly around the time of 'Tainted Love', or a bit later. 

John Battles said:

Strangely I'd never heard the Rod myth, here (UK) it was always credited to Marc Almond.

John Battles said:

YOU KNOW WHAT , YOU'RE RIGHT ! THERE IS A BOOK , THERE.....I heard it in Junior High at the same time. We were kids , not particularly progressive in our thinking , we wanted to believe certain things , but , in the back of my mind , I thought another kid at school made it up.  I did'nt hear the story again for YEARS , until my friend's band , Lava Sutra , made reference to it in a song. It WAS the equivalent of what "Going viral "is , today. Peter Bagge DID A HILARIOUS CARTOON , around that time ,  changing said Rock STAR'S NAME TO "Reginald".

trashman said:

But what I find interesting is how it all evolved.  I remember hearing it back in 4th or 5th grade (1979 or 80); but I heard it from a kid in a lunch room.  And I thought it sort of started there. Then I met kids in other high schools and they knew it.  Then onto college and they knew it.  Then professional life living all over the U.S. and they knew it.  

This rumor was spread before the days of the internet so remarkable the way it carried along an oral tradition (no pun intended) of storytelling.  Of course, we all got to an age we knew it was false but remarkable to the extent this dirty little rumor spread.  

I recently heard Rod Stewart address while doing the media tour for his new book.  It was started by an ex-publicist he fired.  Remarkable.  

The way this story spread via person to person in the late 70s/80s is worth a book in itself.

• November 23, 2012 3:06 PM CST
    • What's funny , Kirk , is I was hearing "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" at the mall , roller rink , places like that......
      But , I was hearing tuff songs like "The Ball Trap" and "No Substitute For Love" on the Rock stations at the same time....And , just before , "The First Cut is The Deepest", .....I did'nt hate his pre - Disco hits , I just could'nt abide by that voice FOR YEARS. Now , I like it , fine , esp. with The Faces , but , a good deal of his solo tracks WERE , more or less , The Faces , plus Martin Quintenton. But , I was a kid , and ignernt as shit , I wanted to believe the rumor ,at the time.   On the other hand , I know just what you mean . I liked sports OK , BUT , A FUNNY THING HAPPENED , I found out about girls . I forgot about following sports , tho' I still liked playing Baseball , Soccer/Football , and Swimming . But , if you did'nt get your nut watching big Football men crushed together , then guess which team you played for , and I don't mean sports teams. By the time I got into Punk Rock , I did'nt get too much shit about it in High School. But , earlier , I got all KINDSA shit for liking The Stones , The Beatles , The Who....I find that really humorous , now. Of course , when The Stones did come to town a few years later , the same people making negative shit up about them , were going to see them. Then again , I knocked Punk UNTIL I heard it. WHERE I LIVED , YOU HAD TO OWN THOSE RECORDS TO HEAR 'EM....I still enjoyed keeping up with it , before I became a fan. I quickly saw the connection to the early Stones , Who , and , of course , American Garage Rock ,when I finally heard it.

A RUMOR IN THE MAKING....BUT IT'S TRUE : Old School comedians , Bob and Ray , hosted SNL , probably in '79....They did this big Disco parody production with lots of glitz , a full band (Back when people still danced to full bands.) , and Gilda , Lorraine and Jane in Disco outfits , singing the verses to "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy".....Nothing unusual , but they HAD to be up to something. THEN , when they cut to the chorus , you saw Bob and Ray , both about 70 at the time , in another room , a den , as I recall , in suits , sitting in armchairs , givin' it all they had  "IF YOU WANTY MY BOOOOOOODY , AND YA THINK I'M SEEEEEEEXYYY..."

It was funnier than Hell. I say it's a potential rumor , because the routine was deleted from the box set. Probably not because of Rod (Who turned up on SNL , a few years later , with Tina Turner, who still had yet to make a comeback by eschewing R'n'B.), BUT , MORE LIKELY , THE PUBLISHING COMPANY THAT OWNED THE SONG.....

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Nero said:

John Battles said:

John Battles said:

trashman said:

• November 23, 2012 2:01 PM CST
    • I heard a few years ago, maybe from a Marc Almond interview, that he heard the story originated in the 50s about a (head?) cheerleader and a football team that she had been 'good' to. Maybe Rods publicist was re-cycling as well?

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Nero said:

John Battles said:

John Battles said:

trashman said:

• November 22, 2012 9:06 PM CST
    • I didn't care for Rod when I first heard him, cause he was doing 'disco-shit' like "Do ya Think I'm Sexy". It wasn't til later when I heard stuff like "Maggie May" and "the First Cut is the Deepest" that I appreciated his voice. And, no, I don't blame him for being pissed about the rumors. I got called a variety of nicknames in school because I was "all into that pansy-ass art stuff". LOL And, just like Rod, I was ALL about the women.

John Battles said:

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Nero said:

John Battles said:

John Battles said:

trashman said:

• November 22, 2012 8:14 PM CST
    • It's so true. I have no particular admiration for Marc Almond , but , not knowing what it's like to be Gay , or someone in the public eye, I still know rumors can be really damaging. I don't think the original rumor did Rod Stewart any damage , but , who could blame him for being pissed off ? It took me YEARS to appreciate his singing at all , but , I knew , centuries ago , that he was all about women , just as women were all about him.   

Kirk Teeters said:

John Battles said:

Nero said:

John Battles said:

John Battles said:

trashman said:

• November 23, 2012 3:14 PM CST
    • Show #398: "Eight Year Anniversary Show"

It's that time of year again! It's my annual anniversary show, and this week I'm celebrating my eighth year on the air! So, like in the past, I'll be doing my "awesome songs I haven't played yet" theme, and of course, this is the eighth installment. Tune in tonight at 10pm EST to hear amazing music that has not yet ever been heard on The Metaphysical Circus until tonight from bands and artists like: King Crimson, T2, Steve Ellis & The Starfires, The Andrew Oldham Orchestra, Steeleye Span, Rush, High Tide, Tim Buckley, The Mad Hatters, String Driven Thing, Mmoss, Stray, Pierre Henry & Michel Colombier, Algarnas Tradgard, Water Moccasins, Shuggie Otis, Sunday Funnies, Triumvirat, Los Saicos, The Rutles, Thundermug, The Looking Glasses, UFO, Rare Bird, and many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• November 23, 2012 1:55 PM CST
    • Never listened to them.

• November 22, 2012 8:00 PM CST
    • S'okay Teriscore -- he loves hearin' it! And we love it when he's funny!

Now, back to our programme...
      The songs that stick in my head about radio are all the poppy ones that I'm sure stick in everyone else's... Radio, Radio... blah blah blah.

Having grown up in Chicago, it was always Larry Lujack and the AM blasting. But at least back in the '70's the top 40 didn't complete 'suck out loud' like Gentleman John Battles likes to say. Then, it was WXRT when I graduated to FM radio... 'course that station hasn't been good since like, 1979. Hardly, if ever, played much local stuff, though they would beg to differ...

There's real local music on our www.threedradio.com (streaming if you like). And it's sad to say they play more American blues than some places do in the USA. Go figger.

Mel

Tersicore said:

Ok, i go intentionally off topic to tell you, you can be really funny sometimes! :D

John Battles said:

I LOVE IT , GET ALIVE ! I MAY HAVE TO USE THAT. IT COULD BE A SONG TITLE. OTHERWISE , I'M NOT INVOLVED IN THAT CONVERSATION , JUST SAYING , I LIKE THAT.

• November 22, 2012 7:47 PM CST
    • Ok, i go intentionally off topic to tell you, you can be really funny sometimes! :D

John Battles said:

I LOVE IT , GET ALIVE ! I MAY HAVE TO USE THAT. IT COULD BE A SONG TITLE. OTHERWISE , I'M NOT INVOLVED IN THAT CONVERSATION , JUST SAYING , I LIKE THAT.

• November 22, 2012 7:54 PM CST
    • I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDING IT , BUT , i KNOW SEVERAL OF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE REZILLOS. I JUST SAWTHEM , LAST NIGHT , AND THEY WERE JUST INCREDIBLE. PART OF ME DID'NT BELIEVE IT WAS HAPPENING....THEY REALLY SOUNDED GREAT , SO MUCH ENERGY FOR ANY AGE . FAY REALLY HAS AN EXCEPTIONAL VOICE. SOMEHOW , EUGENE'S GRUFF VOCALS WORK AS A PERFECT FOIL.....ANYONE WHO CAN SING "RIVER DEEP , MOUNTAIN HIGH' AND NOT FUCK IT UP IS A SINGER'S SINGER......THEY REALLY LOVE DOING THIS , STILL. THE WHOLE BAND. VERY NICE PEOPLE , TOO , VERY UNPRETENTIOUS. YOU KIND OF HAVE TO BE TO RUN AROUND THE ENTIRE VENUE , AFTER YOUR GIG , IN A CAPTAIN KIRK COSTUME !