Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 18, 2012 5:36 AM CDT
    • The Devil Dogs without Andy G? Nah. 

I suggest they change their name to The Devil Doggz. Make themselves rad for todays youth.

• September 17, 2012 1:25 PM CDT
    • thanks andy!

• September 17, 2012 9:25 AM CDT
    • Welcome to the Hideout, Andy, and thanks a lot for posting this! Buyer beware indeed!

• September 17, 2012 12:31 AM CDT
    • Hello All,
      My name is Andy G.--some of you may know me from the Devil Dogs, Los Primos & The Roller Kings. Some of you maybe from even before that.
      Anyway, I'm not here to promote anything. On the contrary--I'm here delivering a Buyer Beware. It's mostly directed towards European fans, but anyone who likes The Devil Dogs may be interested.
      By now, some of you may have heard "rumors" that there would be a Devil Dogs Reunion Tour in the fall, with dates in Spain & France. This is not entirely true. Former members of the band together with a former producer are getting together to play. I will not be part of this tour. It was already being booked before I was notified.
      It's my opinion, and I know I'm not alone here, that The Devil Dogs is Me & Steve Baise (bass, vocals) since the band's inception in 1989. Period. If one of us isn't there, it's not The Devil Dogs. And so, if one of us isn't there, it can't be a "reunion". I would never try to pass off something that didn't include Steve as the Devil Dogs, regardless of how I feel about the guy. And I told him so.
      Disappointingly, it seems the 'band' and their agents disagree.
      I have asked them not to call their band "The Devil Dogs", or use the word "reunion". Though they have recently changed the name to THE DEVIL DOS-G (uhhh... ?), there are numerous places where the shows are already (and STILL) being promoted as "The Devil Dogs" or a "Devil Dogs Reunion" (and I have now seen "The Devil Dogs-G" too), using old band pictures and youtube videos with me. Over the last few months I've repeatedly asked them to change it, to no avail. All the advertising I have seen says "The Devil Dogs".
      Mind you, I'm not against them playing together, that's not the issue. If they want to play together, more power to 'em. My only objection is to them trying to push this as "The Devil Dogs" or a "Devil Dogs Reunion". It's not right. And calling it that is dishonest and disrespectful, to the fans and to the legacy of the band. And to me.    
      And so--Buyer Beware:
      Before you buy your tickets, please be informed that the band that is touring in Spain and France this October/November is NOT the Devil Dogs. Despite any advertising you see that implies anything else--I will NOT be playing, and that is NOT "The Devil Dogs". Pass it on.
      And I just gotta say heartfelt 'Thanks' to my friends, family and true Devil Dogs fans for their encouragement and support--you know who you are. Extended 'Thanks' and appreciation also to those prospective promoters/venues who had the intellect & common sense to not get involved.
      Don't take any wooden nickels.
      Thanks for reading.
      --AndyG,
      (founding member, singer-songwriter-guitarist of THE DEVIL DOGS, 1989-1994)

• September 17, 2012 11:34 PM CDT
    • don't think anbody said:

Goldie & The Gingerbreads

The Luv'd Ones (first fem psych guitarist):

Tough & Lovely (janis-like honesty in vox)

The Neptunas

the Shivvers:

The Trashwomen

Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re

Nashville Pussy

The Wives (feat. drummer Tracy Almazon)

Bantam:

Cheetah ('81 Aus)

Heart

The Cake

Ramatam ('72) feat. hi-flying April Lawton on guitar

The Waitresses

Pierced Arrows:

Girlschool

The Orlons

Slant 6

Knife Skills

The Reactors ('80)

White Flag

Sharon Tandy ('66 South Africa)

The Goodees ('68):

Dara Puspita ('65 Indonesia)

LaBrenda Ben & The Beljeans

The Botswanas ('91 Hartford): 

Lynn Carey: 

• September 17, 2012 3:01 PM CDT
    • Yeah! At this risk of me-too-ism, I have to say, Jack Torera is my fave Frontwoman (extraordinary) at present re GPunk. Come to think of it -- my overall fave. I wish I lived closer to where The Jackets are playing at present.

M

Yeah, I gotta butt in here

The Jackets starring the incomparable Jack Torera

• September 17, 2012 8:57 AM CDT
    • Yeah, I gotta butt in here too!

The Jackets starring the incomparable Jack Torera

• September 17, 2012 10:29 PM CDT
    • Hello everybody!

This is Stig Stench from Austin Texas. StenchRadio.com is a nightly Internet streaming radio broadcast featuring punk music. It stands out from the majority of Internet punk radio stations by having a live Net-J (Internet DJ), with no set playlist and a high degree of audience participation. (Come join the fun in our chat room!) StenchRadio.com was started by lead Net-J Stig Stench in April 2010. Within months the show had built up a regular listening audience and an impressive list of guest interviews. Show guests have included Greg Ginn of Black Flag, Don Bolles of the Germs, Jack Grisham of TSOL, Eerie von of SamHain, Milo of the Descendents and other true legends of punk rock, some of whom only rarely grant interviews these days. This is truly a unique station.

• September 17, 2012 10:05 PM CDT
    • SAM!!!!! How you been?

Sam Sinister said:

What's up, Stig? Fancy meetin' you here...

STENCHRADIO.COM said:

Thank you Garage Punk Hideout for having me and I invite all of you to send me a friend request and check out my radio channel STENCHRADIO.COM. This week my guests will be Don Bolles of The Germs/45 Grave and Jerry A of the almighty POISON IDEA.

Thank you ALL

-Stig Stench/STENCHRADIO.COM Austin TX

http://www.stenchradio.com

• September 17, 2012 9:40 PM CDT
    • Hey --

I'm D. A. Anguiano. I'm a 25 year old guy living in Carrollton TX (South of Denton, North of Dallas). I've been into garage since middle-school and really got into it after moving to Seattle when I was 17. I play in a punk band called Occult Detective Club and have a dog named Elvis.

• September 17, 2012 6:46 PM CDT
    • What's up, Stig? Fancy meetin' you here...

STENCHRADIO.COM said:

Thank you Garage Punk Hideout for having me and I invite all of you to send me a friend request and check out my radio channel STENCHRADIO.COM. This week my guests will be Don Bolles of The Germs/45 Grave and Jerry A of the almighty POISON IDEA.

Thank you ALL

• September 17, 2012 4:07 PM CDT
    • Thank you Garage Punk Hideout for having me and I invite all of you to send me a friend request and check out my radio channel STENCHRADIO.COM. This week my guests will be Don Bolles of The Germs/45 Grave and Jerry A of the almighty POISON IDEA.

Thank you ALL

• September 17, 2012 2:42 PM CDT
    • I'm Frank, 23, I'm from Brooklyn, NY. New Yorker born and raised, I first got into garage rock when I was 15. Me and my buddy would go to this place Wows!ville on St. Mark's after school and just listen to some records and smoke cigarettes (real cool, I know.) Anyway, it all started there. The owner of the shop got us into some DotDash shows so we were able to experience the likes of The Spits, Lost Sounds, Black Lips, Shopfronts, DC Snipers, Reatards, Little Killers, King Khan & BBQ, among many others. I mean, fuck, we were children! It was amazing. Such debauchery. That's also when I bought my first Back From the Grave comp. Needless to say, it changed me. 

Aside from that, my older brother is in a surf/metal band called The Giraffes, also from Brooklyn. He exposed me to the heavier side of things; doom metal, thrash, death metal, etc. My first few mix tapes were from him. He also showed me how garage rock and funk, and rock n roll in general is international. He provided me with a couple Sublime Frequencies records. Also, the golden age of riffs, the early 70s.

I'm a graphic designer, and I play guitar. No bands, but plenty of people that I jam with. Anyways, thanks for having me!

• September 17, 2012 3:28 PM CDT
    • This week was Artist Spotlight week at WHFR radio - so the Wrekking Hours is doing a tribute to USA's premiere gothabilly band, Cult of the Psychic Fetus...

Hailing from Ohio, and after 3 successful full length releases, the Psychic Fetus has proven original in every idea with a very unique Cramps-like, Deadbolt thriving sound all their own.

Tune in today 4-6pm on the Wrekking Hours for Two solid hours of Cult of the Psychic Fetus for our 12th annual Artist Spotlight.  

• September 17, 2012 9:43 AM CDT
    • This November, Bibliodiscoteque will be hosting its first ever listener-generated show. 

*Here's how it will work:

1)Name the song you want, the band, and a particular version, and album. Punk, hardcore, blues, garage, soul...Its up to you!

2)If it gets chosen for the show I'll dedicate it, simply give you credit, or awkwardly pause in place of your name. If you want your real name, cool. If you want your GPPN moniker, that is cool, too. 

3)Since podcasts go for 60 minutes, I can only take so many songs. First come. First served.

Thanks!

• September 16, 2012 12:25 PM CDT
    • Download or stream the Sept. 14 show right here.

Car Wash Hair – Mercury Rev
      Malaysia – Mayflies USA
      Nine Times out of Ten – The Undertones
      He’s Coming Back – Hunk & His Punx
      Prostitute – Chain Gang
      Customer – The Replacements

Womp Womp – Freddie & the Heartaches
      You Spin Me Round – Titty Twisters Orchestra
      Beach Girls & the Monster – Phantom Surfers
      Juvenile Delinquent – Ronnie Allen
      This Train – Flat Duo Jets
      Jezabel – The Mummies

Graverobbers – The Hangmen
      Door to Your Soul – Beasts of Bourbon
      Let it Ring – The Chrome Cranks
      Tube Top – Jam Messengers
      Blackout – Hank Haint

Local Lunchbox
      I Know Where You Live – Couch Flambeau
      I’m a Man (Sort of) – Muddy Udders
      I Can’t Reach You – The Blow Pops
      Did You Ever – Sugar Stems

You’ve Been Told – Born Loose
      I Feel so Electric – Daddy Long Legs
      Hell Hath No Fury – The M-80’s
      I Can’t Wait Till Friday Comes – Big Bobby & the Nightcaps
      Suburban Soul Man – The Master Plan

Back to School – The Fleshtones
      Whatever Makes You Happy – The Fleshtones
      Take a Walk With the Fleshtones –The Fleshtones

Pretty Please Me – Nobunny
      Teenage Girls – Bad Sports
      You Look Funny – Bad Sports
      It’ll All Come Back to Haunt You – Nobunny
      Fun Spot – Audacity
      Hang Around – The Biters
      The Magic – White Wires

Lies, Lies – Miracle Workers
      Girl – Mono Men
      Hot Rod Zombie – Wild Evel & the Trashbones
      Love Me Kill Me – Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
      I Live for Cars & Girls – Untamed Youth
      La Bamba – The Plugz

Love Like a Flower – Baby Woodrose
      Never, Never Go – The Chills
      Where I Stand – Rainy Day Saints
      I Didn’t Miss You at All – The Electric Mess
      Everyone’s Fast Asleep – The Concussions

It’s Love – Midnight Woolf
      All Night Long – Frowning Clouds
      My Love – The Above
      She’s Long Gone – Thee Fine Lines
      Daddy Walk – The Felines
      Good Vibrations – The New Surfsiders

Download or stream the entire Sept. 7 show right here.

I Want You Bad – NRBQ
      I Want You – The Troggs
      Turn on Your Love Light – Bobby “Blue” Bland
      Nighttime is the Right Time – Carla & Rufus
      A Man Needs a Woman – James Carr
      Tired of Being Alone – Al Green

Baby, Won’t You Come Out Tonight – Buddy Holly
      School is In – Gary U.S. Bonds
      I’m Snowed – Joe South
      Games People Play – The Pleasure Barons

Come on, Judy – Wheels on Fire
      Paradise Heights – Natural Child
      Your Mouth – Nobunny
      Meet Frankenstein – Redd Kross
      Careful What You Wish For – Gentleman Jesse
      Salvation – The Liminanas
      It’s a Lie – King Khan
      Thirty Days – Daddy Long Legs
      Make Love to Me – The Galaxies

Local Lunchbox
      Enchanted Interrogation Room – The Exotics
      Surf Burglar – The Exotics
      Apache – The Exotics
      Skimpy – The Exotics

Girl With the Exploding Dress – The Electric Mess
      If At All – The Higher State
      Electric Circus – Laughing Sky
      Rolling Wheel – Buffalo Killers
      Sylvester Greene – Rainy Day Saints

Hard Day’s Night – Los Primos
      Shake it Wild – King Salami & the Cumberland 3
      Satisfied – The Blackbelts
      I Hate the Way You Make Me Feel – Vicky & the Vengents
      No Sirve de Nada – Los Infierno
      Gang – Ramma Lamma
      Family Fun Night – Figures of Light
      Cumin’ & Goin’ – Thee Cormans

Apprehending Zulu – The No Real Need
      Disguised as Chairs – Certain Stars
      Open Up Your Heart – The Magnolias
      She’s Blind (But I Don’t Mind) – The Pushtwangers
      The Socialite – The Mighty Fine
      Dead City Fire – Jetbone

Nose Diving – The Living Eyes
      Psychotic Episode – Royal Headache
      Television Girls – Bare Wires
      Black Glove/Rag – Ty Segall & White Fence

Betrayed – The Hangmen
      Yesterday Mourning – El Pathos
      Horse-Driven Ambulance – Million Sellers
      Opelika – Lee Bains & the Glory Fires
      Room for Rent – Dexter Romweber
      Trying to Live My Life Without You – Otis Clay

• September 15, 2012 10:00 AM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist Sept 13/2012

1. Tranzmitors....A Little Bit Closer...from their brand new La Ti Da 7".

A well dressed Bryce Dunne of The Tranzmitors, Call The Office May 8/2011.

2. Radio Birdman... Murder City Nights...from the Radios Appear LP, late 70's. Guitarist Chris Masuak is coming to sleepy London Ontario Friday Sept 28/2012. Here's a link to the facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/339507619463713/?ref=ts

Three Canadian dates only...and probably a once in a lifetime event that you can't afford to miss.

3. Radio Birdman...455 SD....from the Living Eyes LP.

4. New Christs...Like A Curse...from the Detritus 12" and features Birdmen Rob Younger on vocals and Chris Masuak on guitar. The flip side of this, Born Out Of Time is one of the most wicked and honest songs ever!

5. The Hitmen...Don't Hit Girls...from the 78-82 LP and once again, Chris Masuak on guitar. Hopefully those 4 songs are enough to get you out to catch this legend of Australian punk, who oddly enough, was born in Canada.

6. Sammy Ambrose...This Diamond Ring...This is the original version of this 1965 number one hit by Gary and The Playboys. Who coincidentally i went to see last night. Entertaining show, but Gary's voice wasn't in the best form. They went through all the hits and Gary explained who wrote them and many other tidbits about the time period.

7. The Standells...Barracuda...from the Rhino Best Of LP and part of a 60's set.

8. The Yardbirds...The Nazz Are Blue...from the Over Under Sideways Down LP, original mono version, which to me, sounds WAY better than the stereo version.

9. Eliza and The Strange...Lady Of The Night...from their self titled LP that came out early this year. This band is from Halifax and are now known as Bloody Diamonds. They are coming to London Thursday Sept 27th, Black Shire Pub. Plus, they'll be doing a live to air broadcast right here on Radio What Wave that day! There'll be a facebook event going up for that shortly.

10. Eliza and The Strange...She Ain't Pretty...as above.

The guy on the right is Jake, he's the bass player for Bloody Diamonds and his previous band, The Bad Bad Bad, appeared on Radio WW March 29/2012.

11. UIC...Pushed Into The Hole...from the unreleased Wiseman Sessions, late 80's. UIC were from Exeter Ontario, sometimes referred to as Hooterville (Petticot Junction TV show from the mid 60's reference).

12. Needles/Pins...Picture My Face...brand new La Ti Da single.

13. Chelsea Beat...Victim Of Circumstances...Montreal combo who have an LP on Brooklyn based Killer Diller Records.

14. Teenanger...Cops But Not Cops...from their recent Frights LP.

Teenanger from behind the stage at Moon Over Marin, London Ontario June 27/2010

15. The Hook Up.... 65 Has No Blues...recorded live at Grooves Records, Sept 8/ 2012.

The Hook Up at Grooves Records, London Ontario 9/8/12. That's new member Adam in the bright green shirt.

16. The Hook Up...Burnin'...from the recently remastered CD, Call Up The Devil. Next week we're going to have a member or 2 or 3 live on Radio WW to yammer about music and stuff.

17. Alligator Wine...Hidden Charms...from the Other Space Sessions download. Argentina fucked up blues/noise combo who just might have been listening to some early Simply Saucer.

18. Chris Spedding...Motor Bikin'..from the live Friday The 13th LP. Chris Spedding visited London a number of times in the late 70's/early 80's, but somehow i never got to see him. This version of Motor Bikin' is nowhere near as good as the version by Uranus which you will hear on the next What Wave cassette coming out Oct 26th.

19. Galileo 7...Anne Hedonia...from their about to be released LP, Staring At The Sound. Guitar player, vocalist and leader Allan Crockford was in The Prisoners, James Taylor Quartet, Thee Headcoats and many more legendary combos. For some reason his vocals remind me of Wreckless Eric.

20. Orrie Hit Machine...Slaving Meat Wheel....local combo and no other information is available....

21. Munday Nuns...recorded live at This Ain't Hollywood (coolest club this side of Toronto) June 3 2012. Re-united for one night only and for some reason i was deemed responsible. They fucking rocked!!!

22. Big John Bates...Wide Open Blues...from the latest Garagepunk Hideout download, Supercharged Sounds. Vancouver based rockabilly/Rhythm and blues style combo.

Sometimes it's tough to get a beer at Call The Office...putting your instrument up on the bar seems to help! Big John Bates bassplayer in action at Call The Office April 3 2011.

23. Ray Condo and His Hardrock Goners....High Voltage...from It Came From Canada Volume 2. Probably my all time favourite Canadian rockabilly influenced combo! No, scratch that, the BEST FUCKING ROCKABILLY combo to ever come out of Canada!! And they were WAY more than rockabilly as they delved into swing, gospel, surf instros, ballads and tons more! And they were all really nice and cool guys!! Spent way too many hours yammering to guitarist Erik Sandmark about old cartoons and bad movies.

One of my fave pictures of Ray Condo!! Rena took this one at Call The Office, late 80's at one of their very few times to come to London. Canada's skinniest cowboy was absolutely psychotic once he strapped on his guitar and hopped up on the stage!

24. Johnny Terrien and the Bad Lieutenants...Eyes...from their latest split 7". We're lucky to have a band like this right here in sleepy London Ontario, so get out and catch these guys live whenever you can.

25. The Living Deadbeats...Lost...from their self titled debut LP that came out this past summer. And they made 2 stops here in sleepy London Ontario!

The Living Deadbeats, July 23 2012...it was a hot evening!

26. The Johnnys...Motorcycle Mama...latest demo from this Toronto based combo who specialize in high energy late 70's punk.

27. The Chocolate Watchband...Milk Cow Blues...from the Now Way Out CD on Sundazed.

And that's a wrap, back again next week with a couple of The Hook Up members as they are in town for a little while. And the following week, Sept 27th we'll have The Bloody Diamonds on for a live to air.

Thanx for all the phone-ins, emails, facebook messages and the HEYS!!!

You can find the podcast here:

http://www.chrwradio.ca/audio/by/title/radio_what_wave

• September 15, 2012 2:16 AM CDT
    • Show #389: "The Eggman Collection #123" playlist:

Black Sabbath - "Black Sabbath"
      Agitation Free - "Pulse"
      The T-Boones - "At The Club"
      Family - "No Mule's Fool"
      The Crystals - "Then He Kissed Me"
      The Searchers - "What Have They Done To The Rain"
      Majority One - "Get Back Home"
      The Association - "On A Quiet Night"
      Caleb - "Baby Your Phrasing Is Bad"
      The Ventures - "1999 A.D."
      The National Gallery - "A Negro Child Does Not Understand The Snow"
      The Moon - "Someday Girl"
      I Luv Wight - "Medieval Masquerade"
      The Sorrows - "You've Got What I Want"
      The Cowsills - "In Need Of A Friend"
      AC/DC - "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)"
      Blood, Sweat & Tears - "Spinning Wheel"
      Bo Hansson - "Forsta Vandringen"
      Shiva's Headband - "Undermine"
      Big Jim Sullivan - "LTTS"
      1863 Establishment - "Gained For A Fall"
      The Emperor - "I'm Normal"
      The Deep - "Trip #76"
      Jay & The Americans - "Cara Mia"
      David Hemmings - "After The Rain"
      Hawkwind - "Seven By Seven"
      Christine Holmes - "Here Comes My Baby"
      Damnation - "Running Away/Turned To Stone"
      UFO - "Unidentified Flying Object"
      Danny & The Juniors - "At The Hop"
      Love - "Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or Between Clark And Hilldale"
      Queen - "'39"
      Os Lobos - "Miragem"
      The Spiders - "It's You"
      Eroc - "Ein Unhoflicher Anfang"
      The Modern Lovers - "Girl Friend"
      The Yellow Payges - "Jezebel"
      The Allies - "I'll Sell My Soul"
      Murple - "Antartide/Metamorfosi/Pathos/Senza Un Perche/Nessuna Scelta/Murple Rock"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/389.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/389.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• September 14, 2012 4:42 PM CDT
    • Show #389: "The Eggman Collection #123"

NOTE: Due to an illness in my family which has me a little distracted at the moment, plus working 50-plus hours a week, I will be doing only Eggman Collection specials in the next couple of months until things slow down in the fall. I'm calling it "The Back-To-Back Eggman Collection End Of Summer Super Spectacular Extravaganza!"
      The Eggman Collection is basically a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 123rd installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: Black Sabbath, Agitation Free, Family, The Crystals, Majority One, Caleb, The Moon, The Sorrows, Blood Sweat & Tears, Bo Hansson, 1863 Establishment, The Deep, David Hemmings, Hawkwind, Damnation, UFO, Love, Queen, Os Lobos, The Modern Lovers, Murple, and many others!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• September 14, 2012 6:10 PM CDT
    • thanks for the options.  I'll be checking them out.  best-

• September 14, 2012 4:32 PM CDT
    • Elastica ripped of The Stranglers too, albeit to great effect on "Waking Up".  I love The Inspiral Carpets too, especially their early stuff and Clint Boon's Farfisa organ. I'd love to see them live.

Matt H said:

Ha! A blast from the past! I lived in Manchester from 1988 to 1992 and can remember the Madchester scene well. Fond memories.

I shared a house with 4 other blokes and was the only one NOT to go to the legendary Stone Roses' Spike Island gig because I was a musical snob/dickhead - to busy with my mod/garage/psych stuff. Bitterly regret it now. I did see the Inspiral Carpets in the very first week I moved up there - their early stuff had a definite garage feel to it. The keyboardist Clint Boon had a cool 60s bowl haircut and used to wear the Paisley shirts.

Eastern Bloc Record Shop was where I bought all of my vinyl Pebbles comps and I managed to get a near mint copy of The Seeds 'Future' album, complete with inserts, in a second hand shop on the Oldham Road. Think it might have been called the Vinyl Exchange. That album cost me a months rent.

Ocean Colour Scene are still going - they had a strong 60s feel. I still love Supergrass - the first 2 albums are punk/pop classics. Anybody remember Shed 7? They knocked out a couple of classic mod-punk tracks. And Elastica blatantly ripping off Wire!

I've only got two rock 'n' roll claims to fame. They're both very sad and pathetic, but both revolve around the Madchester thing. I once literally crashed into Shaun Ryder of the Happy Mondays as he careered across the street whilst having a barney with someone outside Manchester Central Police Station. Also, if there's anyone out there who's old enough to remember the infamous 'Madchester' TV documentary, there's a section where the TV crew are outside Eastern Bloc Records and for a tiny fraction of a second, if you freeze-frame and look very closely, you can see my Converse All-Stars walking into the shop.

Sad I know, but fine times.

MattH

• September 14, 2012 2:09 PM CDT
    • Missed V Fest, wish they'd played at the Stone Roses Manchester gigs...

• September 14, 2012 2:34 PM CDT
    • I DON'T EVEN TAKE MY WALKMAN OR MY IPOD WITH ME WHEN I GO OUT FOR THE DAY , ANYMORE. IT'S PRETTY MUCH A GUARANTEE SOMEONE'S GOING TO BE BLASTING AURAL DIARHEEA ON THE TRAIN. I CAN'T CARRY FULL SIZED SPEAKERS AND AN AMP  TO FIGHT BACK.....ONE OF MY FAVORITE TAPES , THOUGH , IS A COMP I FOUND ON THE MEXICAN BAND , LOS YAKI......

• September 13, 2012 5:14 PM CDT

• "Screwed up , oh , I'm so run down....Still grin slightly when there's no one else around."HA HA. The"Screwed Up" EP SHOWS THE pUNK'S ELDERS (DEVIANTS , PINK FAIRIES
      '...KIND OF THE SAME THING.... mistakenly called ""Hippies") giving 'em what for. Plus , it's on cool neon yellow vinyl. I like the first two Psychedelic Furs LPs , too.....

Rev. Norb said:

I'm really big on walking around with my phone blasting music out of its little bitty Tart 'n' Tiny sized speaker. Under normal circumstances, i just let it play on Shuffle. However, if the weather or atmosphere suggests something specific, i play that instead...for instance, "Talk Talk Talk" by the PSYCHEDELIC FURS is good if you're walking by the river at night, but not as good if you're walking to get ice cream at Noon. 20/20 is good if it's damp out; "Where It's At With The Wind" works well in late afternoon. The DREAM SYNDICATE are good if it's Fall, and MICK FARREN & THE DEVIANTS "Screwed Up" is particularly excellent if you are by the river and it's dark AND you're all fucked up. Otherwise, as i said, shuffle play.