Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 13, 2012 4:07 PM CDT
    • Wow , dig that production. Could Mike Leander  secretly be alive? I heard they were touring , but , their Visas are probably only good for two weeks , so they have to be selective about where they play.....

• September 13, 2012 3:04 PM CDT
    • Check out this band Giuda from Italy. Saw em live in Baltimore and they blew me away!

• September 13, 2012 2:43 PM CDT
    • For us is The Revox from Switzerland. Cool surf-raw-rock'n'roll

• September 13, 2012 10:14 AM CDT
    • We're looking to update our NOW Sound with the addition of a live-dj (preferably) highlighting current, new and upcoming releases on the broad spectrum of garage punk psych surf soul r'n'b and the likes. If you think you got the guts, get in touch.

Main language should be english since we've got listeners tuning in all over the world but 'funny' accents are cool too so no worries if you're not native english, you can still drop in some of your local lingo :-) This is about the show and the music you like!

And always open for your attention is our mailbox for new releases you'd like to get out on the radiowaves. Bands and labels please send your pressreleases to promo@yeahright.eu

Yeah Right Radio

www.yeahright.eu

contact@yeahright.eu

• September 13, 2012 6:28 AM CDT
    • Yeah, over the years, I've had many different Peavey products (guitars, amps, etc.). They may not be the most stylish, but they are solid pieces of gear. 

I have had many amps over the years, but for my purposes, the Delta Blues is great. It is just right amount of tube wattage, I love the 15in speaker, and all the controls are plenty to get a variety of tones (for a fraction of the price of a Fender tweed amp). 

I am happy with it. 

I don't have any experience with Valve Kings. 

I guess, as with any gear advice, do some research, go on your hunch, but try it out with your own ears and guitar and go from there. Remember, every amp (even every Delta Blues amp) sounds slightly different. So, plug and chug!

• September 13, 2012 5:51 AM CDT
    • @KK Dirty Money & Las Drogas Thanks a lot, they are even pretty cheap used in the UK. I think Peavey is great bang for buck. Valve kings are great too & even cheaper. A pal of mine has killer clean tone from his with a Burns Hank Marvin guitar.

• September 13, 2012 5:41 AM CDT
    • I have used a 1x15 for several years, and I personally know others that have used it live for instro, surf, rockabilly, etc. 

They are awesome amps for the money (and you can get them pretty cheap sometimes when used). Plus, they are made in the USA by a reliable brand. 

If you really want to improve the sound (even though they sound good out of the box), different tubes and an upgraded speaker do wonders. 

I don't hear any lack of brightness, or any overabundance of flab, due to the size of the speaker. I really like the way it responds, but that is just me (and probably the type of guitar, style of music, and technique of the guitarist).

• September 13, 2012 4:36 AM CDT
    • make sure you watch to the end...at about 7:30 or so, he switches to a 335 and gets some different sounds out of it...and more bottom...good luck.

• September 13, 2012 4:34 AM CDT
    • Thanks Adam, I hadn't found this clip. The bottom end is what gets me, seems if it's has a good top end too it could be a killer instro clean amp despite the blues tag. 

• September 13, 2012 3:04 AM CDT
    • Does any anyone use these amps for Surf or Instro-Mental? From what I've heard, the clean sound is great with a little punky edge to it. Has anyone tried both? The 1x15 sounds exciting but it's bottom end might be flabby, like my own...

• September 12, 2012 8:11 PM CDT
    • The Checkerlads "Baby Send For Me" b/w "Shake Yourself Down"....great stuff....

• September 12, 2012 6:08 PM CDT
    • There were others ,  too , like the Teisco , that maybe were'nt as popular as the Farfisa , or the more portable Vox Continental. Theguys in ? and The Mysterians told me that every song on the "96 Tears" album featured the Vox Continental , except (You guessed it.) "96 Tears".

Craig Thompson said:

Many thanks. I knew the sound wasn't exclusive to the Farfisa, but had forgooten about the Vox.

Old School Hero said:
      One song in general...
      Little Willy & The Adolescents-Get Out of My Life

Also keep in mind (because I had once thought the same thing,) many of the great organ work you hear in 60's Punk or Revival stuff isn't always the sound of a Farfisa, but the sound of a Vox Continental. I'm not trying to be a snob or anything, just offering some knowledge. The sound of the Continental is amazing. Nothing pleases my ears more in the Organ vein.

You also can't go wrong with ? & The Mysterians...because just about every song has some catchy Organ in it.

A new group that used a Farfisa organ that I can think of is Thee Allmighty Handclaps. I wonder what happened to them.

• September 12, 2012 3:50 PM CDT
    • I love The Monks (and though the organ is more churchy than shrill, it is really prominent in their stuff)>>

• September 12, 2012 9:04 PM CDT
    •  

In this episode new stuff from The Shit, Thee Oh Sees, Redd

Kross, Apache Dropout, Los Infierno and many more..
      Italian boot kick by Two Bit Dezperados, The Kaams, Panda Kid
      and labels Shit Music for Shit People and Boss Hoss Records
      DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE | SUBSCRIBE TO ALL | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Playlist:

The SHIT – Get out
      REDD KROSS – Researching the blues

The UFO CLUB – Up in her room
      TY SEGALL – The hill
      Thee OH SEES – Wax face
      PANDA KID – Garage on the beach

EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING – That time of the day
      UV RACE – Bad news
      TIMMY’S ORGANISM – Cats on the moon
      CHEATER SLICKS – Used illusions

PEOPLES TEMPLE – Looter’s game
      STRANGE HANDS – Warm reflection
      TWO BIT DEZPERADOS – Blind
      The CREEPING IVIES – Ghost train

APACHE DROPOUT – The fried stranger
      WILD EVEL and Los INFIERNO – I’m gone
      Los INFIERNO - Todos estos anaos
      The KAAMS – Carol

LOST SOUNDS – I get nervous Pt.1
      LOST SOUNDS – I get nervous Pt.2
      The FELINES – Boots
      SLANT 6 - Intrumental

CHECK IT OUT

• September 12, 2012 6:30 PM CDT
    •  Yeah , "Teen - A - Go -Go" comes highly recommended. The FT. WORTH SCENE WAS HUGE , BUT , THEY MANAGED TO BOIL IT DOWN TO A SINGLE SHOT. The Dallas bands are largely cross referenced , only because they had to be , being so close to Ft. Worth (About 90 MINS. OR LESS.). tHERE'S EXCELLENT COLOR FOOTAGE OF DALLAS' PRIDE , THE FIVE AMERICANS.

• September 12, 2012 6:04 PM CDT
    • Ghod, yeah, the Birds seemed to only do covers, but they seriously ripped it up. Love 'em!

SarahJayne said:

If you like the Creation, you'll prob. like the (British) Birds as well. Ronnie Wood <3

• September 12, 2012 4:17 PM CDT
    • Did I mention Sweat by Joe Bonomo? Great book about a great band.

Just finished John Einarson's Forever Changes and Keith Richards' Life. Both excellent reads.

I will definitly check out the Tosches books mentioned above.

• September 12, 2012 3:59 PM CDT
    • It totally depends on my mood. I walk a ton (because I don't drive) and also find myself on the bus a ton. I remember taking the train back and forth between Carbondale, IL and Champaign, IL when I was in college in the late 1980's and for some reason Sonic Youth's "Sister" was perfect for train traveling. Sometimes I listen to the Dirtbombs, and other times I listen to 16 Horsepower. I really like Explosions in the Sky (sometimes I just want instrumental stuff that isn't classical music) when I feel a little anxiety-ridden.  If I am really mad I turn to Babes in Toyland or even Slayer (ha ha..totally serious, though!)

• September 12, 2012 3:35 PM CDT
    • Hey! I am formerly from Champaign, Illinois but have lived in the Pacific NW for years now. I started off in Seattle but I currently (since 2003) live in Springfield, Oregon (it's right next to Eugene..)

Garage rock is my favorite (too many bands to even try to name), but I like everything from Joy Division to Chopin to 16 Horsepower, as well. I took piano lessons for years and am waiting for an old Farfisa to arrive at my door step in the next day or two (bought it off Ebay). I am joining my 1st band at age 43!! I am pretty excited to look around this site!

• September 12, 2012 3:31 PM CDT
    • Better late than never:)

Stacey said:

Late to this conversation, somewhat..

Pinning down my favorite is hard because I really like so many of their albums..but I really think "Between The Buttons" is underrated, and then I never get sick of listening to "Sticky Fingers"...I am sort of all over the place, personally. I can even dig the cheesiness of "Emotional Rescue" and "Miss You"..

• September 12, 2012 3:26 PM CDT
    • Late to this conversation, somewhat..

Pinning down my favorite is hard because I really like so many of their albums..but I really think "Between The Buttons" is underrated, and then I never get sick of listening to "Sticky Fingers"...I am sort of all over the place, personally. I can even dig the cheesiness of "Emotional Rescue" and "Miss You"..