Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• May 30, 2012 1:29 PM CDT
    • I picked up something by The Texas Motherfuckers. Sounded pretty OK, and it was cute as it had a little note explaining that they had been playing all over Sweden and Denmark at the time of putting the CD out.

• May 30, 2012 1:11 PM CDT
    • The Tundra Fucks !!!

• May 30, 2012 12:10 PM CDT
    • Aren't the Screaming Dizbusters actually the Nomads? Thought I read that somewhere before (never heard 'em, though)...

whatwave dave said:

Here's a few more......The Creeps (1st 2 LP's only), Union Carbide Productions, Backdoor Men, Wilmer X, Shoutless, Wayward Souls, Bottle Ups, Cornflake Zoo, Livingstones, HighSpeed V, Screaming Dizbusters...and there's lots more.

• May 30, 2012 11:46 AM CDT
    • Here's a few more......The Creeps (1st 2 LP's only), Union Carbide Productions, Backdoor Men, Wilmer X, Shoutless, Wayward Souls, Bottle Ups, Cornflake Zoo, Livingstones, HighSpeed V, Screaming Dizbusters...and there's lots more.

• May 30, 2012 11:40 AM CDT
    • One band I played on my most recent episode of "40 Oz. Nonsense" are the Gravel Guts. Over on their Bandcamp page, they've got 3 albums available for download, and all free. Here's the link: http://gravelguts.bandcamp.com/

• May 30, 2012 9:46 AM CDT
    • The Hives, Dee Rangers, Backyard Babies, The Stomachmouths, The Nomads, The Locomotions, The Strollers, The Maharajas, The Satans, The Hellacopters, Sons of Cyrus, The Sewergrooves, Henry Fïats Open Sore, The Wylde Mammoths, Crimson Shadows, The Maggots, The Blacks (Savage Records), The Heartattacks... that's all I can think of right now! As you can see, there are tons of great bands from Sweden. Good luck!

• May 30, 2012 9:10 AM CDT
    • I have a comp of swedish garage punk with one of the bands as the Klunk's Klan.  My mind sometime plays tricks on me to read it as the KluKlux Klan and I say "what the" but then I am corrected.

I probably have tons of swedish bands on comps I don't realize are from Sweden but could pull out from the online comp database....but I will only mention one because I was listening to him last week  Little Gerhard, maybe a little rockabilly because he was earlier sixties but I love his Go Go Groove.

• May 30, 2012 7:06 AM CDT
    • I need some new fresh Swedish garagepunk (wild, psych, hippie, beat...) bands for a mixtape.
      so please give me some hints. (also old "evergreens" are welcome.) 

thank you!

• May 30, 2012 5:04 AM CDT
    • I have to say chime in with The Creeping Ivies, The Mobbs, and this summer's heavy rotation platter is Peter Molinari for that too hot a day, coffee in hand, Dylan feel.

• May 30, 2012 12:21 AM CDT
    • If you want psych, Baby Woodrose put out a new album earlier this year on Bad Afro Records.

The new album from Thee Vicars is pretty solid.

The Dynamite Pussy Club is some good raucous stuff.

• May 29, 2012 7:35 PM CDT
    • Sure, just go to the Slovenly Recordings store.   http://slovenly.com/store/

Also, don't forget about Puerto Rico's Davila 666!

Fanático De Garaje said:

Alison, I discovered spanish garage rock recently and I'm going nuts for it! Stuff like Los explosivos, wau YLos Arrrghs!!!, Doctor Explosion, I heard a couple of songs from Los Vigilantes and really like them but having hard time find there music. You know where I can get there records? Thanks!

• May 29, 2012 5:48 PM CDT
    • Yeah, i thought so too, and while I didn't care for the lyrics of his "Jeff Beck" number, I thought his delivery was good though, better than how he sounds on record these days (unless it's rerecorded vocals of old unreleased 70s numbers.  He sounds pretty good there too.)

Alison said:

Did you guys see Jagger on Saturday Night Live last weekend?  He played a with the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire and sang a silly song with Jeff Beck on guitar.  Pretty entertaining.

• May 29, 2012 8:23 PM CDT
    • For all the old "farts":

• May 29, 2012 7:09 PM CDT
    • I think that whole 'doing everything together' actually was a result of and came straight out of "A Hard Day's Night", that made a major league impression on just about every aspiring musician around the world. Garage bands weren't so much just 'a band' as we were a bunch of gangs with guitars thanks to The Beatles!

• May 29, 2012 7:06 PM CDT
    • Yes we have one or two, I'll see about that. Something else I recall about MADD, by the time they became UPSTAIRS PLAYGROUND they had a band house and lived together, the first such thing I had heard of and it sounded like the ultimate lifestyle to me at the time. As MADD they did everything together and went everywhere together, and GONN did as much of that as possible. It wasn't too hard since Fort Madison & Keokuk were only 21 miles apart and we went back & forth continually. But no GONN band house! But in those days that would have been like locking the Irish & the British in the same house anyway. Ha!

kopper said:

Great story, thanks. Craig, if you've got any photos of the GONN hearse, you should post 'em here!

• May 29, 2012 5:13 PM CDT
    • Hearses rule, especially band ones.

• May 29, 2012 4:43 PM CDT
    • Great story, thanks. Craig, if you've got any photos of the GONN hearse, you should post 'em here!

• May 29, 2012 5:59 PM CDT
    • I'll second SFRI, Telstar and Boom Boom of Renton (& now I know why I never got my last issue or 7'' from the Fang Club...boo)

• May 29, 2012 4:50 PM CDT
    • good to know.......thanks!

Alex said:

Certainly Estrus, Rip Off, and SFTRI.  By the way, Crypt isn't defunct.  They still put out new records.  Just put out an LP by Atomic Suplex a few months ago.

• May 29, 2012 3:56 PM CDT
    • Wormtone

Golly Gee (which, despite the name, was a pretty good surf label)

• May 29, 2012 4:37 PM CDT
    • Nope, I never did see that site called Bunnybass, but it sounds like something I would've loved!  And the Bomber Boxx, it's one of my favorites, and it's cheap.  I get so pissed when I see NEW fuzz pedals selling for well over $200 or $300.  It's like an insult or something, I can't quite put my finger on it.  I built a few pedals over the years, and the components, unless they're rare NOS, are so cheap.  The BB used to sell for $110 brand new, but I'm not sure what Sean sells them for lately.  The cool thing is, it's his own circuit design as far as I know.  Totally original