Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• January 3, 2012 2:15 PM CST
    • I use a Sony Hi-MD portable with stealth mikes.  The Sony Hi-MD units will record an uncompressed PCM track. Fantastic recordings!

• January 3, 2012 2:15 PM CST
    • wow great intresting facts

RIP bobby :(

• January 3, 2012 2:05 PM CST
    • Being smartphoneless, I really have no idea how these things work, but I would suggest having a way to play/listen to the latest shows on GaragePunk Pirate Radio. I guess the RSS feed would be good for that, right?

Thanks for doing this!

• January 3, 2012 11:48 AM CST
    • Have just added to the discussion in the punk tech group, but thought I'd open it up - I'm considering having a go at developing a Hideout iphone app - would anyone be interested and if so, what functionality would you want in it?

• January 3, 2012 1:56 PM CST
    • would you recommend the mex tele fotr a sort of fuzztones type tone?

BARON S:A:D said:

Mexican Fender Telecaster into Boss CS3, then into a Morley ABY splitting the signal into two different amps: Peavey Classic 30 combo, single cone and a vintage Sound City tube head and cabinet. Sometimes I add an Electro Harmonix Big Muff on one channel; for fun.

• January 3, 2012 12:38 PM CST
    • Mexican Fender Telecaster into Boss CS3, then into a Morley ABY splitting the signal into two different amps: Peavey Classic 30 combo, single cone and a vintage Sound City tube head and cabinet. Sometimes I add an Electro Harmonix Big Muff on one channel; for fun.

• January 3, 2012 12:45 PM CST
    • Got board and reworked all my gear, amp wise now Im going between 3 different Marshalls.
      An AFD100 which gets the least use, a 50 watt Silver Jubilee which was the number 1 choice and a JCM800 2203KK which is the current favorite, especially with P90 equipped guitars

• January 3, 2012 12:22 PM CST
    • I use to split the signal coming from my Telecaster into two amps: a Peavey Classic 30 and a vintage tube head n' cabinet. Mine is a trio and I need both attack and gain/sustain...

• January 3, 2012 11:39 AM CST
    • There's a Cramps newsgroup on Yahoo that probably has some kind of wiki that answers many of your questions. Here's a link to join the group, which is called staysick

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/staysick/

They've also recently released an LP of live Cramps stuff that is HIGHLY recommended...called Trash Is Neat.

• January 2, 2012 6:22 PM CST
    • The way you're doing this, you may as well add "Smokestack Lightning" to "Primitive," since that's obviously what The Groupies were ripping off, and The Rivingtons' "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow" and "The Bird's the Word," as well as The Flames' "The Bird," to "Surfin' Bird."

• January 2, 2012 6:20 PM CST
    • "The Crusher" from Off The Bone was originally by The Novas.

I don't really know why you're counting a lot of these as originals of the Cramps' songs. Borrowing a riff or a beat or the "feel" of a song doesn't really count for much in this type of music (punk, garage, rockabilly, etc.), in my opinion. Everyone is derivative of everyone else, it's part of the appeal. ;)

• January 3, 2012 6:35 AM CST
    • If you haven't read anything by SF, you SHOULD!!!!!!:):):)

• January 2, 2012 4:22 PM CST
    • a misfits manifesto, by Donna Gaines? It's a book by this sociologist/rock and roll fan, showing how rock and roll has influenced her life. Engrossing...

• January 3, 2012 4:44 AM CST
    • I remember it but didn't post but read stuff. I was also on the bomp list.

• January 3, 2012 3:46 AM CST
    • I think I remember Kim from The Muffs posting on alt.music.banana-truffle...

• January 3, 2012 4:02 AM CST
    • 57 today...still rockin'...

• January 2, 2012 10:14 PM CST
    • Great list...thanks!

SarahJayne said:

As far as garage and psych are concerned:

Dead Skeletons - dead magick

Shapes Have Fangs - dinner in the dark

Black Keys - el camino

Cosmonauts - new psychic denim

Wooden Shjips - west

Liquid Sound Company - acid music for acid people

the Cosmic Dead - psychonaut

Dirty Beaches - badlands

Singapore Sling -never forever

Lumerians - transmalinnia

Screen Vinyl Image - strange behavior

Night Beats/UFO Club - split

Night Beats - lp

I'm including psych stuff that very post punk/goth/shoegaze influenced in this list. Lots of long songs that are heavy on electronic sounds - may or may not be to your liking : P.

• January 2, 2012 3:43 PM CST
    • I have to admit- Im sort of stuck in a musical past as well! But there is this one band, Shannon and the Clams, that caught my attention. The singer used to be (or still is?) a member of Hunx and his Punxs-- Also a fun band by the way-- but has her own thing now. Sleep Talk is the name of an album they released this year. 

Also Leaches of Lore and  Tenderizor are two bands that I've discovered this year. They come out of New Mexico and are just fucking great.

• January 2, 2012 9:21 PM CST
    • Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love" :You need kool-aid,baby im not foolin' (you need coolin',baby I'm not foolin'

• January 2, 2012 4:17 PM CST
    • "I promise that I'll never litter again"....The Cold War is in full gear , our President's been assassinated , and The FBI is worried about THIS ?!

kopper said:

This is kinda funny (Louie Louie by the Kingsmen):

• January 2, 2012 3:59 PM CST
    • This is kinda funny (Louie Louie by the Kingsmen):

• January 2, 2012 3:50 PM CST
    • The Roulettes, Bad Time...

If you should whaaaaat???

Do you think it was on purpose?

• January 2, 2012 6:01 PM CST
    • Yep, Bill Edwards.

Mole said:

That sounds pretty cool, who did you contact for that info? Chap I tried was Bill Edwards, but no response so far...

• January 2, 2012 3:43 PM CST
    • Tune into the show w/ "TuneIn Radio" app available for free on all Android phones -  also if your an iPhone user, tune in w/ Public radio international app -  just look for WHFR.FM & listen right NOW!!!   

workin our way through international releases of 2011 right now -  coming up local Michigan releases of 2011 - best of Michigan Rockabilly!!!