Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• July 19, 2010 12:46 PM CDT
    • Bottom Lounge

• July 18, 2010 6:32 PM CDT
    • I ain't no New Yorker, but last night I posted that I'm going to NYC for the Detroit Breakdown show Charles mentioned featuring THE GORIES, Question Mark & The Mysterians. Mitch Ryder and Death. Check it out HERE: http://www.ponderosastomp.com/lincoln-center_detroit-breakdown_2010.php Then I about the Kid Congo Powers show at the Knitting Factory on Wednesday July 28. I'm planning on that too. The Gories also are playing at Maxwells in Hoboken Thursday, July 29 and the Bowery Ballroom that Friday. Gogol Bordello is playing Friday July 30 at Williamsburg Waterfront in Brooklyn.

• July 16, 2010 3:10 AM CDT
    • YES! A NYC special, I'll keep my lookers peeled.

• July 14, 2010 7:32 PM CDT
    • Thanks dude, that is quite helpful!

• July 14, 2010 8:51 AM CDT
    • Charles, do you guys post the GaragePunkNYC events on the Events section here, too? Never hurts to cross-promote... oh, and the Northeast Corridor group forum, too. Charles Gaskins said:

Check out this website: http://garagepunknyc.com/
      We update the blog three times a week, and are constantly adding things to the calendar. This is going on July 31st - http://www.ponderosastomp.com/lincoln-center_detroit-breakdown_2010... You just missed the Oblivians, this weekend is a big rockabilly weekender... There's always a bunch of shit to do, you just have to keep an eye out. I'd say watch garagepunknyc.com, we try to update our info as soon as people tell us about their event. A lot of really fun shows don't get advertised until a week or two before the event. Sometimes not until day of.

• July 14, 2010 8:25 AM CDT
    • Check out this website: http://garagepunknyc.com/ We update the blog three times a week, and are constantly adding things to the calendar. This is going on July 31st - http://www.ponderosastomp.com/lincoln-center_detroit-breakdown_2010.php You just missed the Oblivians, this weekend is a big rockabilly weekender... There's always a bunch of shit to do, you just have to keep an eye out. I'd say watch garagepunknyc.com, we try to update our info as soon as people tell us about their event. A lot of really fun shows don't get advertised until a week or two before the event. Sometimes not until day of.

• July 12, 2010 7:05 PM CDT
    • Thinking about heading down to NYC from Boston this summer but want to hit a good show if I do. Anything coming up worth checking out this summer?

-Smokey-

• July 18, 2010 12:49 AM CDT
    • I just bought my plane tickets and reserved my hotel for New York City at the end of the month so I can see the Detroit Breakdown show featuring THE GORIES, Question Mark & The Mysterians. Mitch Ryder and Death. 

Then I just learned about the Kid Congo Powers show at the Knitting Factory on the very night I arrive.

Also heard something about a Los Straitjackets show during that weekend.

Any of you New Yorkers in Hideoutland going to any of these?

This is gonna be fun. I haven't done anything impulse trip like this in years (was it that night in my dorm room when Friendly Eric convinced us all to drive down to Juarez just to drink until the dawn? That was 1972)

• July 17, 2010 5:47 PM CDT
    • How was it, Sara? G.G.'s right about the Santa Fe show. I wrote about it here and my photos are here REV. BEAT-MAN SHOW 7-15-10

• July 16, 2010 7:25 PM CDT
    • Beat-Man last nite in Santa Fe was inspirational. Amazing one man band duo, not to be missed!

• July 16, 2010 12:26 PM CDT
    • WHOA!  Right up the street at the OLD CURTIS ST.  We are going to get totally blues-trashed!  Don't miss the show, 9pm at the old curtis st.

• July 16, 2010 8:57 PM CDT
    • Check out Erratic! Radio Live Tuesdays 8-10 PM MST on KWSS 106.7 FM
      (streaming live @ www.kwss1067.com).
      Phoenix, Arizona's only Garage/Punk/Lo-Fi Noise Show. Hosted By Westley Allen.
      We play it all. Surf/Punk/Garage/Frat/Lounge ect... Bands come in and Play
      Live in Studio Every Week. Acts That have Played and/or interviewed
      include Tesco Vee, Excene Cervenka, Jack Oblivion, Peaches, The Freeze,
      Rat Scabies, Cat Party, Reverend Beat Man, Harley from Deadbolt, and a
      shit ton of other national and local Az Punk/Garage/Noise Bands.

ALL SHOWS ARE ARCHIVED @ WWW.ERRATICRADIO.COM

CHECK IT OUT!!!

• July 16, 2010 8:53 PM CDT
    • Check out Erratic! Radio Live Tuesdays 8-10 PM MST on KWSS 106.7 FM (streaming live @ www.kwss1067.com). Phoenix Az only Garage/Punk/Lo-Fi Noise Show. Hosted By Westley Allen.
      We play it all. Surf/Punk/Garage/Frat/Lounge ect... Bands come in and Play Live in Studio Every Week. Acts That have Played and/or interviewed include Tesco Vee, Excene Cervenka, Jack Oblivion, Peaches, The Freeze, Rat Scabies, Cat Party, Reverend Beat Man, Harley from Deadbolt, and a shit ton of other national and local Az Punk/Garage/Noise Bands.

ALL SHOWS ARE ARCHIVED @ WWW.ERRATICRADIO.COM

CHECK IT OUT!!!

• July 14, 2010 10:15 PM CDT
    • That's right kids! We're taking our schtick on the road. Here's the scoop:

Thursday, July 22
      Howler's Coyote Cafe
      4509 Liberty Avenue
      Pittsburgh, PA
      with: Plateau, Vision through Sound and Rio de January.
      Doors at 8PM, we go on 2nd

Friday, July 23
      The Happy Dog
      5801 Detroit Ave.
      Cleveland, OH
      with: The Lions Rampant and Safari
      Doors at 9PM, we go on 2nd

Saturday, July 24
      Berkley Front
      3087 W. 12 Mile Rd
      Berkley, MI
      with: The Electric Mess, Sharky and the Habit and The Romeo Flynns
      Doors at 9PM, we go on 2nd

Don't forget, you can by "Freaking Out" - the new CD - directly (and securely) at http://www.mondotopless.com/.

• July 13, 2010 7:19 PM CDT
    • got that. thx Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

Are you asking if a Portland band is playing? cuz otherwise it says right at the top of the page who eles is playing.

Lutz Vipinderwoman said:
      Whose opening for them in PDX? anyone..

• July 13, 2010 6:50 PM CDT
    • Are you asking if a Portland band is playing? cuz otherwise it says right at the top of the page who eles is playing. Lutz Vipinderwoman said:

Whose opening for them in PDX? anyone..

• July 12, 2010 2:58 PM CDT
    • Whose opening for them in PDX? anyone..

• July 12, 2010 2:30 PM CDT
    • I'm know here in Charlotte and I'm looking to join or form a garage rock band. I'm 33 and I have a wife and baby, so I'm not looking to tour the world. I would like to practice regularly, play out around town, write songs and dabble in recording. Here are samples are my past work: www.myspace.com/magiccity www.myspace.com/truemoves Please contact me if you are interested in getting something together.

• July 12, 2010 1:55 PM CDT
    • I'll be there!! Should be a great weekend!

• July 10, 2010 2:28 PM CDT
    • Yes, I'll be there. We're friends with The Back C.C.'s who are playing on Sat. GREAT band!
      Check them out for sure if you go.

Derek
      The Electric Mess

• July 10, 2010 8:42 AM CDT
    • I wish I could go, but I'm stuck in Japan. I'm only really posting this to plug the Stompin' Riff Raffs, and I didn't see anyone else mention it thus far. So I figured I'd go ahead.

For those that don't know, Rebel Night is a monthly DJ event usually at Otto's Shrunken Head and organized by these Japanese cats that spin real rock 'n' roll and vintage rockabilly.

This year they are doing the first Rebel Night Weekender at The Warsaw in Brooklyn, starting next Fri. July 16th. The line up includes an international cast of RnR DJs and neo-rockabilly cats along with garage revivalists The A-Bones and the legendary Trashmen as well as 50's rockers Hayden Thompson and Gene Summers.

http://www.rebelnightnyc.com/

I would urge everyone to get hip to the Stompin' Riff Raffs from Japan, you can dig through my player and find their single "Horror Show."