Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• October 20, 2013 11:17 AM CDT
    • BLACKCAT69 said:

Sylvie Vartan.  

She's Pretty.

• October 16, 2013 9:27 AM CDT
    • Thanks for the link Pete.  I like what I see over at Born Bad.  Never heard of the label before.   The Ultra Chicks compilations covered this stuff well.  So look for those. 

• October 15, 2013 3:32 AM CDT
    • Yes, I love it!  Particularly the earlier Francoise Hardy material, Chantal Goya (widely ridiculed for her career in children's television, but her 60s pop stuff is awesome), Anna Karina.

Have you checked out Born Bad Records for great French music, both contemporary (e.g. Cheveu) and old (Clothilde - more wonderful Ye-Ye - and a great '50s French Rock n Roll compilation, among others)?

http://www.bornbadrecords.net/

• October 20, 2013 9:51 AM CDT
    • John Battles said:

Link Wray should have been in the so - called Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame at least 20 years ago , and even that would have been draggin' ass on the man's time.... It took 'em forever to induct Gene Vincent , so why should'nt it take forever and a day to consider Link Wray? 

I mean , I like Deep Purple fine , but there'd be no Heavy Metal , Hard Rock OR Punk Rock if Link had'nt taken some chances , pushed a lot of barriers and OOZED cool -as - fuck attitude.  I LIKE tHE ZOMBIES , EVEN , BUT , THEY NEED SOME MORE DANGEROUS MUSIC IN THERE IF THEY'RE TO CALL IT THE R'n'R Hall of Fame .  I realize , if Link makes it , it'll be a fluke. Nirvana , sorry , never got it. I knew they'd be inducted , though , when eligible. But , The Replacements , that's sorta out of left field. Never got it with them , either , but , of course , I could settle for one day being deluged with Grunge and Drunk Rock on the train and in the street and in stores , instead of "Revolutionary" Hip Hop.....Likewise , Linda Rondstadt and Yes have a better chance of being inducted than Link WRAY , OF COURSE , BECAUSE THEY'RE BETTER KNOWN, but , also , because , for every Stooges that got in , there's two dozen CSNY's or Madonnas that also got in.....

Ramones , Clash , Dave Clark 5 , all get inducted shortly after their lead singers die. Hmmmmmmmm.

Paul Revere and The Raiders , Roky Erickson/Elevators , Syd Barrett , Arthur Lee/Love , The New York Dolls , The MC5 , The Treniers  , Screamin' Jay Hawkins , is he in? Don't think so. The Raiders only are'nt nominated because of the fucking suits. Who cares ? They were a great Rock'n'Roll band , but , don't expect to see them inducted , nor The Sonics , The Wailers or even The Kingsmen......There's so many others......But , I've kind of stopped letting it upset me like it used to.

I'd definitely go with this exquisite selection here, along with The Monks. Why isn't John Peel in there too, as there is a slot for DJ's & promoters?

Just a thought: If Michael Jackson was convicted of being a nonce, would he be ejected from the RRHoF? 

• October 18, 2013 8:52 PM CDT
    • Link Wray should have been in the so - called Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame at least 20 years ago , and even that would have been draggin' ass on the man's time.... It took 'em forever to induct Gene Vincent , so why should'nt it take forever and a day to consider Link Wray? 

I mean , I like Deep Purple fine , but there'd be no Heavy Metal , Hard Rock OR Punk Rock if Link had'nt taken some chances , pushed a lot of barriers and OOZED cool -as - fuck attitude.  I LIKE tHE ZOMBIES , EVEN , BUT , THEY NEED SOME MORE DANGEROUS MUSIC IN THERE IF THEY'RE TO CALL IT THE R'n'R Hall of Fame .  I realize , if Link makes it , it'll be a fluke. Nirvana , sorry , never got it. I knew they'd be inducted , though , when eligible. But , The Replacements , that's sorta out of left field. Never got it with them , either , but , of course , I could settle for one day being deluged with Grunge and Drunk Rock on the train and in the street and in stores , instead of "Revolutionary" Hip Hop.....Likewise , Linda Rondstadt and Yes have a better chance of being inducted than Link WRAY , OF COURSE , BECAUSE THEY'RE BETTER KNOWN, but , also , because , for every Stooges that got in , there's two dozen CSNY's or Madonnas that also got in.....

Ramones , Clash , Dave Clark 5 , all get inducted shortly after their lead singers die. Hmmmmmmmm.

Paul Revere and The Raiders , Roky Erickson/Elevators , Syd Barrett , Arthur Lee/Love , The New York Dolls , The MC5 , The Treniers  , Screamin' Jay Hawkins , is he in? Don't think so. The Raiders only are'nt nominated because of the fucking suits. Who cares ? They were a great Rock'n'Roll band , but , don't expect to see them inducted , nor The Sonics , The Wailers or even The Kingsmen......There's so many others......But , I've kind of stopped letting it upset me like it used to.

• October 18, 2013 10:32 AM CDT
    • Makes it a bit tougher when only voting for 5.  I see Nirvana is leading the voting which could be expected.

I went Kiss, Hall and Oates, Deep Purple, Link Wray

Zombies could have gotten my vote, should have traded them for Hall and Oates.  Maybe a little to lazy to go back to uncheck.  CHIC???  The Hall needs to write a clear mission statment and abide by it.

• October 18, 2013 4:26 AM CDT
    • Chris Henniker said:

At last, someone put Link Wray up for nomination. I voted for him, as well as The Zombies.

Why were the hip-hop artists in there? The hip-hop genre is so vast that it needs its own hall of fame, but I do think it's just another rock'n'roll pose. Surely Lux Interior and Poison Ivy could take it over and they'll do the nominations and inductions. Better still, put The Cramps in there too. 

The Cramps are NOT in there yet??? Fuck!! Scandalous!!!!

Completely agree to take Hip Hop (and pop!!!) out of there!!. They should have their own Hall. I would put only musicians like Grandmaster Flash & furious five, Africa Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Forse maybe Public Enemy and other old stuff like Snoop Dogg ONLY for his first album "Doggystyle" (some songs are great, the rest sucks. Later stuff even worse), actually as most of Hip Hop to me... brrrrr

Voted for Link Wray of course and Zombies (even if i like just few songs, the rest is too cheesy to my taste, but still...much much better than the rest of the nominees)
      I confess i still like Nirvana and the VERY EARLY Deep Purple too.

• October 17, 2013 5:46 PM CDT
    • At last, someone put Link Wray up for nomination. I voted for him, as well as The Zombies.

Why were the hip-hop artists in there? The hip-hop genre is so vast that it needs its own hall of fame, but I do think it's just another rock'n'roll pose. Surely Lux Interior and Poison Ivy could take it over and they'll do the nominations and inductions. Better still, put The Cramps in there too. 

• October 19, 2013 2:59 PM CDT
    • Playlist 10/19/13

Open Mind  Magic Potion 
      MC5  Poison 
      Bevis Frond  She's In Love With Time 
      Blue Cheer  Second Time Around 
      Spids Nogenhat  Mere Lys 
      Plasticland  Flower Scene
      Higher State  You Can't Forget About That 
      McFadden's Parachute  Fall of the Queen 
      Bailterspace  tri5 
      Blind Shakes  Red River Visionaries 
      Orwells  Open Your Eyes 
      Terry Malts  So Serious 
      Steeleye Span  Allison Gross 
      Love Sculpture  In The Land of the Few 
      Village  Man in the Moon 
      Atomic Rooster  Devil's Answer 
      Dickies  See My Way 
      Ace  Don't Go Baby 
      Amy Gore & Her Valentines  Send Me A Postcard 
      Chesterfield Kings  Trip Through Tomorrow 
      Julie Ruin  Oh Come On 
      Pedaljets  Clowns and Jackels 
      King Khan & The Shrines  Born To Die 
      Spyrals  Comin Down 
      Hypnotics  She Gives Me Everything 
      War Party  Different Definition of Love 
      Mobbs  You Disapprove 
      Los Straitjackets,S.C.O.T.S., Fleshtones  La Marcha De Los Cabarones 
      Butthole Surfers  Who Was In My Room Last Night 
      Mission of Burma  Peking Spring 
      Persian Claws  Ghostified 
      Barrence Whitfield and the Savages  The Corner Man 
      Sonics  Boss Hoss 
      Cosmic Psychos  Down On The Farm 
      Godfathers  Gone To Texas 

• October 19, 2013 8:54 AM CDT
    • I will be on the air and the web on Saturday October 19th from 1:00-3:00PM EST. There will be fuzzed-out psychedelic garage punk for your listening pleasure. You can listen live at 89.7 WITR-FM in Rochester, NY or streaming live at http://witr.rit.edu.

• October 18, 2013 6:27 PM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist October 17 2013

1. The 905's...Under A Spell....from a Radio What Wave Session 5/16/13 and a request.

2. The 905's...Stay Inside...as above.

3. Dustbin Flowers....Start Out With Nothing...demo from a local combo who are playing twice this weekend.

4. Boy From Nowhere....Heartfull Of Soul...recorded live at The Town and Country Tavern, 10/5/13 for a reunion show.

5. The Hippies...Hanging Garden...as above. This was the first Hippies gig in about 30 years!

The Hippies at Town and Country Tavern 10/5/2013

6. Bloodshot Bill and His Hubcaps...Johnny Crap...from the Crazy Fever CD. BB is playing in Hamilton tonite.

Bloodshot Bill at Call The Office 10/4/2013

7. Bloodshot Bill...Two Timer...from the Lonesome Road LP on Norton Records.

8. The Greasemarks...Back Up Baby...from the Griddle Greasin' Daddies CD. The Greasemarks are playing saturday night at the Back Stage in Stratford Ontario.

9. Fireball Grant...Subway...from his demo. Fireball is coming into the studio on October 31st for a special Halloween live to air show!!

Fireball Grant at Call The Office Oct 4/2013

10. Teenage Head....20 Flight Rock...recorded live at The Spoke at Western University in the fall of 1980. TH are playing saturday night at This Ain't Hollywood with Robert Gordon singing.

11. Robert Gordon...Love My Baby...from his Rock Billy Boogie LP from 1979.

12. The Blue Demons...Empire Santo...from their self titled CD. The Blue Demons are playing saturday night at The Back Stage in Stratford.

Blue Demons 6/8/13 Back Stage Stratford

13. The Tryfles...When I See That Guy...from their self titled LP from 1986. This was the start of our Headless Horsemen special, as 2 members of The Tryfles joined The Headless Horseman at the demise of the former. Bassist/vocalist Peter Stuart and Celia Farber joined The HH.

14. The Fuzztones...Cinderella...from the She's Wicked 12" EP. Guitarist Elan Portnoy left The Fuzztones to join The Headless Horsemen. Also joining The HH, was Chris Such (AKA Cush) as he was in the Lords Of The New Surf with Elan and Peter who were both doing double duty.

15. The Headless Horsemen...Can't Help But Shake...from the 1987 LP, Can't Help But Shake on Resonance Records from Holland.

The Headless Horsemen, 9/25/86, Key West Cafe, London Ontario

16. The Headless Horsemen...Bitter Heart....as above. This song was originally done by The Tryfles, as Peter brought it with him to this band.

Headless Horsemen 9/25/86

17. The Headless Horsemen...Gotta Be Cool....from the 1988 12" EP of the same name, also on Resonance Records.

Headless Horsemen 9/25/86

18. The Headless Horsemen...Shake Some Action....recorded live at The Key West Cafe here in London, 9/25/86 and their only time here in London. I chose this song as The HH were scheduled to open for the Flamin' Groovies Canadian dates coming up next month, but for some reason, the promoter nixed them.

19. Chris Such and His Savages....Sick and Tired....from a 12"EP on Chaos Records. This is really The Headless Horsemen under a slightly different name.

20. Geoff Edmunds....Johnny B. Goode...live recording from the Best Of CD on Pacemaker. Geoff is the brother of Dave Edmunds, who happens to guest on guitar on this track 

21. Maniac...Dim Sum....brand new 7" release from La Ti Da Records.

22. Johnny Terrien and the Bad Lieutenants....Back To The Beach....demo from a couple years ago. JT will be playing saturday night at the Richmond Hotel here in London.

23. The Cramps....Jackyard Backoff...from the Creature From The Black Lagoon 12' EP.

24. The Cramps...Beat Out My Love....as above.

25. The Cramps...All Women Are Bad....from the 12" EP of the same name.

26. The Cramps....Jailhouse Rock....from the Creature From The Black Lagoon 12" EP.

Thanx for all the phone calls, facebook messages, emails and Heys!!!   Back again next week with more  noise to annoy.

Here's a link to the archived show::

http://chrwradio.ca/content/radio-what-wave

All above pics from the What Wave Archives

• October 11, 2013 6:42 PM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist Oct 17/2013

1. The Baketones....Bobby Fuller....from the Unite CD. Halifax garagepunks who were on Radio WW a coupla years back.

Baketones visiting Radio WW Aug 26/2010

2. Marvelous Beauhunks...Sticky Kisses...from the Who Said The Kids Are Alright CD. They will be in Hamilton at the Casbah on sunday night.

3. Marvelous Beauhunks...Think It Over...from the Do Not Resuscitate CD, early 90's recordings that came out a few years ago.

4. Hurricane And Able...Suddenly...from their first download from early this summer. A local combo who still haven't played live yet.

5. Dustbin Flowers...Bayside Jenny...another new local combo who are playing Friday Oct 18th at the Eastside.

6. Fireball Grant...All Write Now....from a demo. One man band we caught at Call The Office opening up for Bloodshot Bill and catl, a triple header show!! Fireball hails from Watford Ontario, west of here and put on a great one man band show. We'll be having him on a special live to air on Oct 31st!

Fireball Grant at CTO 10/5/13

7. Sean Burns....If You Need Me I'll Be In Wisconsin....from the Cold Beans and Broken Eggs CD....Oshawa based roots singer/songwriter.

8. Dave Rave...Anne Marie....a live recording from when Dave was on Radio WW, Aug 1 of this year.

Dave Rave on Radio WW Aug 1/2013

9. The Hippies....Neat Neat Neat...live recording 10/5/13 from their reunion show at Town and Country Tavern. This was The Hippies first show in 30 years!!! And they sounded as good as they did back in the day!

The Hippies reunion show...Town and Country 10/5/13

10. Boy From Nowhere....Train Kept A Rollin'....from the above show. Boy opened up the show with their first show in about 2 years! Jeff Ruby guested on second guitar on this track.

Boy From Nowhere at Town and Country 10/5/13

11. Recordettes...Candy Store...from their latest 7".

12. Dynamite Pussy Club...Nutbush City Limits....from their latest 7". UK combo that did the very first Radio WW Session Nov 1/2012.

13. The Gruesomes...3 Men 1 Coffin...from A-Billy 7" that came with WW #18 and a request.

14. Lisa Doll...Outsider....from a demo. Philly combo who were in Toronto recently.

15. Bitchlove...New York Shitty....local noisy combo...for Kyle.

16. Rave and Agnelli....Company Man...from the Rave Up CD compilation, that is a benefit for The Reducers bass player.

17. Radiators From Space....Television Screen....from a late 70's 7" and goes out to guitarist Phil Chevron who passed away.

18. Radiators From Space...Enemies...from the Long Shots, Dead Certs and Odds On Favourites compilation LP on Chiswick Records.1978.

19. Radiators From Space...Love Detective...from a late 70's single.

20. 63 Monroe...At The Boot...from Slippery's Club Hits compilation cassette....had changes going on all around me as the CHRW tech staff was trying to install a device to play memory sticks all around me as i was doing the show. Had to toss in a CD here as i couldn't access the turntables with the commotion.

21. Devo...Mongoloid....from a 1978 7" on Booji Boy Records...this was the start of me playing a bunch of singles that i didn't get to play at the Hippies reunion gig....had about 300 singles pulled out and only played about 60 or 70 of them that night.

22. Battered Wives....Uganda Stomp....on Bomb Records and from Toronto. Featured Cleave Anderson on drums.

23. Blue Swede...Hooked On A Feeling....oogga chucka oogga chucka....

24. Adverts...No Time To Be 21....from a 1978 single.

25. Mighty Caesars...Cowboys Are Square....from a 1990 Get Hip single. Brings to mind The Demics hit song, 'Cowboys Are Fags'.....Guys used to dress up like cowboys back in the late 70's and early 80's....now they dress up like gangsters and look equally ridiculous.

26. The Friggs...Bad Name For A Good Thing...or i mighta played the flip side, Friggs Theme....1993 Telstar single w/Palmyra Delran on guitar.

27. The Unknown Soldiers....I Quit Today...Funhouse Records 7" from 1987 and one of my fave anti-war songs.

Thanx for all the emails, facebook messages, phone calls and HEYS! when i'm out and about!!! And thanx for listening and reading this far!!

Back next week with lots of requests, including The Cramps, 905s and Headless Horsemen as well as some Bloodshot Bill and The Hubcaps.

Here's a link to the archived show::

http://chrwradio.ca/content/radio-what-wave

• October 17, 2013 5:51 PM CDT
    • I bet she was English, Scots, Welsh or Irish.

• October 16, 2013 5:54 PM CDT
    • G'uida , from Italy , were here recently , an unpublicized gig at a bar (Tho' a lot of people online knew about it.). I had a prior engagement , and could'nt go.I ONLY KNEW ABOUT IT , BECAUSE tESCO vEE AND STEVE MILLER (DETROIT: Rock City. Buy now , thank me later.) were doing a book signing , and Tesco said G'uida were playing his fest in Detroit , and at The Liar's Club , here in Chicago.

Until recently , the only true disciples of Glam , with NO Metal edge , that I could think of , were Hanoi Rocks , and everyone thought they were Metal , just because of the way they looked. When thE L.A. ORIGINALITY - CHALLENGED 80'S METAL THING was happening , a friend tried to tell me Guns 'n'Roses , Faster Pussycat , and maybe even Motley Crue , were carrying on in The Dolls' tradition. I told him the only Little Brother band The Dolls could claim was Hanoi Rocks.   MikeL , we talked about this , but when Sam Yaffa and Steve Conte left the Dolls to join Michael Monroe's band , Monroe's (considerable) gain was the Dolls' loss. That was one Helluva show , much better than when Monroe was here in '89.

"BOOBS" IS A REALLY GOOD COMP. i LOST MY COPY OF "VELVET TINMINE" WHEN I WAS DEEJAYING ON "GLAM NIGHT" SEVERAL MONTHS AGO.  ONCE , SOMEBODY WHOSE PARENTS WERE PROBABLY ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD WHEN GLAM WAS HAPPENING , OH , WAIT , SO WAS I ! , TOLD ME " OH , YEAH , T REX AND SLADE AND SWEET AND STUFF ARE OK , BUT I ONLY LIKE OBSCURE GLAM , LIKE ON VELVET TINMINE" . I TOLD HER  "THIS IS AMERICA. ALL THAT STUFF STILL IS OBSCURE.".

• October 16, 2013 6:04 PM CDT
    • Head On by The Stooges. It's a 2-CD reissue of the original single CD, Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell. 

Disc 1 of Head On is the original CD minus the last two songs (Tight Pants, Scene of the Crime) plus a bonus CD of rare performances and alternate takes. The bonus disc is interesting but it's the first disc you really want. The almost painfully raw sound production only makes it better. It's one of the greatest punk albums ever made, and it's not even punk.  

• October 16, 2013 5:42 PM CDT
    • Alice Cooper's first album "Pretties For You."

• October 16, 2013 5:26 PM CDT
    • Thanks. There's others I only would'nt mention because they broke up  before 1996 , or they were'nt very good....

• October 16, 2013 4:23 PM CDT
    • John Battles said:

mY FIRST REPLY DID'NT GO THRU......It's a topic I never gave much thought , esp. with the dearth of Garage Groups since LA went Shite - Metal.

Woggles , Brood , Ugly Beats , Sons of Hercules , Waste Kings , Embrooks , Civilized Age , Velveteen Loveseat , Wooly  Bandits , Lava Sutra , Lithium Xmas , Diaboliks , Loons , Tee and The Crumpets , Hentchmen , Fortune and Maltese , Royal Pendletons , Dyes , Subsonics , Vendettas , Havox , 68 Comeback , Demolition Dollrods , Deadmoon , Crookshanks , 3D Invisibles , Greaseballs , Dirt Bombs , Plastic Crimewave Sound , Knoxville Girls , Kid Congo Powers and The Pink Monkey Birds , Pierced Arrows , (EARLY !!!!) Greenhornes , (MUCH earlier.) Boss martians , Sirens ....... I realize I'm taking artistic llicense with some of these bands.

That's a good collection, I'd definitely consider you an editor for sure.

• October 15, 2013 4:52 PM CDT
    • mY FIRST REPLY DID'NT GO THRU......It's a topic I never gave much thought , esp. with the dearth of Garage Groups since LA went Shite - Metal.

Woggles , Brood , Ugly Beats , Sons of Hercules , Waste Kings , Embrooks , Civilized Age , Velveteen Loveseat , Wooly  Bandits , Lava Sutra , Lithium Xmas , Diaboliks , Loons , Tee and The Crumpets , Hentchmen , Fortune and Maltese , Royal Pendletons , Dyes , Subsonics , Vendettas , Havox , 68 Comeback , Demolition Dollrods , Deadmoon , Crookshanks , 3D Invisibles , Greaseballs , Dirt Bombs , Plastic Crimewave Sound , Knoxville Girls , Kid Congo Powers and The Pink Monkey Birds , Pierced Arrows , (EARLY !!!!) Greenhornes , (MUCH earlier.) Boss martians , Sirens ....... I realize I'm taking artistic llicense with some of these bands.

• October 16, 2013 9:41 AM CDT
    • The Trip! Oct. 13, 2013 Show! 

Listen here:   http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/381-The_Trip-20131013-0030-t1381620600.mp3

The setlist: 

young canadians- automan
      rock n' roll monkey and the robots- i should've stayed in detroit
      the woolies- super ball
      bob seger and the last heard- persecution smith
      mitch ryder and the detroit wheels- jenny take a ride (c.c. rider)
      alice cooper- unfinished sweet
      the go- refrain
      the muggs- kitchen sink blues
      quintron- meet me at the clubhouse
      quintron- face down in the gutter
      quintron- spirit hair
      mc trachiotomy- 08-29-05
      mc trachiotomy- money dub
      zzz- o.f.g.
      zzz- lalala
      the ramblin' ambassadors- the hairless cat
      tamas somlo & omega- azt mondta az anyukam
      jethro tull- to cry you a song

• October 14, 2013 2:40 PM CDT
    • Kustom City  Sounds is on www.baconrock.com  monday nights 7 - 11 p.m. (central standard time)   Saving Rock and Roll Souls One Tune At A Time!!!!!!

Kustom City Sounds

10-14-13

Set List

Hour One

White Mystery – Dirty Hair

Sons Of Hercules – Brain Dead

The Husbands – Cadillac

The Miracle Workers – You Knock Me Out

Boss Martians – She Moves Me

KCS – Evan Foster

Junior Wells – Shake It Baby

The Caught Flies – Dreams

Thee Wylde Oscars – Right, Yeah

Plymouth Fury – Vaudeville

The Cheetah Club

Wanda Jackson – Honey Bop

Dragstrip 77 – Switchblade Pompadour

DMZ – Rosalyn

Flat Duo Jets – Go Go Harlem Baby

Big Dipper – Pitball Cruiser, Blue

Los Bravos – Black Is Black

Charles Manson – Babbling or Genius

Sam & Dave – You Don’t Know Like I Know

The Bloody Souls -  Shitville

Primitive Idols – All The Action

Chaz & The Classics – Girl Of The 13th Hour

Link Protrudi & The Jaymen – The Stroll

No Bunny – (Do The) Fuck Yourself

The Milkshake – Brand New Cadillac

Hour Two

Johnny Casino’s Easy Action – She’s Got My Lovin’

Pink Slip Daddy – Stoned

Shindig

Shutdown 66 –  To Dumpsville

The Legendary Shack Shakers – County Of Graves

The Mummies – In And Out

Little Richard – Soul Train

Defectors – Brought Up As A Dog

Little Barrie – Surf Hell

Birds – No Good Without You Baby

Backyard Babies – Brand New Hate

Scream Blacula Scream Trailer

Dee Rangers – Shake Your Ass

The Atom Age – Too Much Fun

Art Linkletter – Don’t Use The Phone

Elvis Presley – Speedway

Dale Watson – I Drink To Remember

Nashville Country Jamboree – One Thing

Hank Williams III – Broke, Lovesick & Drifted

The Rolling Stones – Country Honk

King Khan & His Shrines – Bite My Tongue

Screamin’ Joe Neal – Rock and Roll Deacon

Circle Jerks – Wild In The Streets

The Peacocks – Sex And Drugs And Rock Through Your Window

Hour Three

The Osmonds - One Bad Apple

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Ain’t No Easy Way Out

White Fangs – When Everything’s Gone

13 Syndicates – Crawdaddy Simone

Dewey Cox – Half The Man

Jocephus And The George Jonestown Massacre – Goin Back To Memphis

Mickey And The Mutants – Mind Control

Swingin’ Neckbreakers – Deadsville

The Hi-Liters – Dance Me To Death

Admiral

The Rolling Stones – Heart Of Stone

The Greenhornes – Saying Goodbye

The Raspberries – Tonight

The Dolly Rocker Movement – Girl Of The 13th Hour

People’s Temple – Texas Revisited

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – When Everything’s Gone

Ronnie & The Casuals – I Wanna Do The Jerk

The Shirelles – Putty In Your Hands

Ian & The Aztecs – Ain’t That Lovin’ You Baby

Atomic Suplex – Rock & Roll Machine

Straight Arrows – Bad Temper

Sex Machine

Mr. Airplane Man – Sun Going Down

Deadbolt – Ride Helldorados

Major Lance – Um, Um, Um, Um, Um

Hour Four

Bare Wires – Impossible Things

Motor Headgirl School – Please Don’t Touch Me

Before I Hang – Junkshot

Cosmic Psychos – She’s Crackin’ Up

The Animals – See See Rider

Kill Bill Whistle

Heart Attack Alley – Cryin’

George Jackson – Tossin’ and Turnin’

Jim Jones Revue – Never Let Me Go

The Dyes – Still Got You Around

The Cramps – Human Fly (Domino 45)

Juke Box Racket – Gone Ridin’/Rumble In Brighton

The Equals – Can See, But You Don’t Know

Intro - Intro

The Misfits – Hollywood Babylon

The Backdoor Men – Out Of My Mind

Buck Owens – I’ve Got A Tiger By The Tail

Jimmy Logsdon – Gear Jammer

The Monsters – Psych Out

Stormy Gale – Flipsville

The Dyes – Doornail DJ

David Clayton Thomas – Say Boss Man

Curlee Wurlee – Riot

The Everywheres – Laughlines

• October 13, 2013 4:37 PM CDT
    • I KIND OF DOUBT THAT LESTER BANGS WOULD HAVE BLAMED HIS OWN PEOPLE FOR THE VARIOUS UNTRUTHS THAT HAVE BEEN HURLED AT THEM IN RECENT YEARS, I DON'T BELIEVE HE WAS AN OVERTLY POLITICAL PERSON , BUT , IF HIS BULLSHIT DETECTOR WENT OFF, HE'D GENERALLY CALL WHOEVER WAS SPREADING THE LIES ON THEIR NONSENSE.....EVEN IF THAT PERSON HAPPENED TO BE HIM !

PEOPLE LIKE BANGS , AND PETER LAUGHNER , HELD NOTHING BACK IN THEIR JOURNALISM , EVEN IF IT HAD LITTLE OR NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND....UMMMM , ROCK'N'ROLL , USUALLY. BUT IF THEY'D CONSIGNED THEMSELVES TO THE FACT THAT ROCK IS THE DRUG , WE MIGHT STILL BE READING THEIR NEW WORKS OR LISTENING TO THEIR NEW MUSIC , TODAY. OK , WERE HE STILL ALIVE , BANGS PROBABLY WOULD HAVE MAINTAINED HIS MORATORIUM ON RECORDING AND PERFORMING MUSIC..... HIS WORK WITH BIRDLAND AND THE DELINQUENTS NEVER REALLY TOOK OFF. DOES'NT MEAN IT WAS BAD.

BANGS SEEMED UNABLE TO FULLY GRASP WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A WOMAN IN NYC AT THAT TIME. OK , WE MEN GENERALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WOMEN GO THROUGH , BUT , IF WE'RE SMART , AND IF WE CARE , WE'LL LISTEN. WE CAN BE EMPATHETIC WITHOUT BEING FALSE OR PATRONIZING.

DOES ROCK STILL SMACK OF RACISM AND SEXISM? SURE. ARE THERE A HELL OF A LOT MORE FEMALES AND NONWHITES (and BOTH.)DIRECTLY INVOLVED THAT THERE WERE AROUND THE TIME OF BANGS' DEATH  ? OF COURSE THERE ARE.  IN THE 80'S , WHEN I STARTED GOING TO CLUBS , THERE WERE VIRTUALLY NO BLACKS INVOLVED ON THE DALLAS SCENE. GITIIM CHACKAMOI , FROM LITHIUM XMAS AND THE HOWLING DERVISHES (WITH MY BROTHER , TOM .)IS THE ONLY ONE WHO COMES TO MIND. THAT IS , OF COURSE , DISCOUNTING REGGAE AND BLUES BANDS. IN A REAL CITY , LIKE NEW YORK OR MAYBE LA , YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN MORE....WOMEN , OF COURSE (AND GITIIM IS A WOMAN.) WERE USUALLY REGULATED TO THE ROLE OF LEAD SINGER (WHICH IS GREAT , BUT , YOU SELDOM SAW FEMALE MUSICIANS , UNLESS IT WAS THE ODD ALL - FEMALE BAND , USUALLY MORE POP - ORIENTED.). THAT'S CHANGED DRASTICALLY SINCE THE EARLY 80'S.

I THINK LESTER BANDS WAS PARTICULARLY CONFUSED AS TO WHY HIS WHITE ASSOCIATES SHOWED SO LITTLE INTEREST IN BLACK CULTURE AT THE TIME. AND , PROBALY , LATIN CULTURE , TOO. RAP AND HIP HOP WERE HAPPENING , BUT , THEY WERE STILL VERY NEW.  YOU COULD WALK OUTSIDE , OR GO TO A RECORD OR OTHERWISE "HIPSTER" STORE WITHOUT HAVING IT PUMMEL YOU IN THE FACE. EVEN WHEN I WENT TO NEW YORK IN 1984 , FOR THE FIRST TIME , THEY WHOLE GRAFITTI/BREAKDANCING SCENE HAD EXPLODED , WIDE OPEN , BUT , YOU COULD WALK FOR BLOCKS , MAYBE EVEN MILES , AND NOT HAVE TO HEAR RAP MUSIC , UNLIKE NOW , SOME 30 YEARS LATER , IN CHICAGO , AND PROBABLY ALMOST ANYWHERE YOU CARE TO MENTION. I DON'T MAKE ANYONE LISTEN TO MUSIC THAT I LIKE , BUT , THEY'RE NOT GIVING OUT AWARDS FOR THAT.

SURE , IT WAS INSENSITIVE, WHAT BANGS' LADY FRIEND SAID , BUT , SHE WAS UNDER DURESS. TRY TO IMAGINE ANYONE TRYING TO PIMP YOU OUT . THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PIMP , OR A WOULD - BE PIMP AND A BUCKET OF SHIT IS THE BUCKET. I RAN INTO THE WELL - KNOWN WHITE PIMP , WHITEFOLKS , ONCE. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO , ASK FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH? CALL ME A HATER . I HATE SLAVERY , WHOEVER IS DOLING OUT , AND WHOEVER FALLS PREY TO IT , OR IS BEING HARRASSED ABOUT BEING IT'S NEXT VICTIM.    AND , NO , THTA'S NOT SOMETHING I'VE HAD TO EXPERIENCE , PERSONALLY , JUST AS BANGS NEVER HAD. BUT , I THINK HE WAS ABOUT AS FAR FROM A RACIST AS YOU COULD GET ON THE ROCK SCENE ,AT THAT TIME. DOES'NT MEAN HE HAD ALL THE ANSWERS , OR EVEN ALL TEH QUESTIONS......

• October 12, 2013 7:28 PM CDT
    • OK.....I'm just gonna dip my toe in the pond , so to speak , but , I don't see why Pierced Arrows would'nt be a big draw in London. Dead Moon , before them , used to play Europe ( Western and Eastern , inc.  former Soviet Bloc countries. In fact , I recall them playing Bosnia when it was still Yugoslavia , and whatever surrounding countries they could get into.) more than they would the US , beyond The Northwest and The West Coast , I mean.    They did'nt play here , in Chicago , until 1997. I told Fred Cole , "Please don't wait until you've played China and Cuba before you come back.". He did'nt.  Most people who've seen Pierced Arrows agree , they're not radically different than Dead Moon , live , and they always do a couple of Dead Moon songs. You would'nt be the only one calling out other Dead Moon staples , but , they've made it clear , this is a different band , and they're only going to hearken briefly to Dead Moon , just as Dead Moon did "You Must Be a Witch" and "Don't Look Back" (Tho' I don't recall hearing them do the latter, live.). I think Fred knows the PEOPLE are on his side , but , it's more a matter of a reputable booking agent (Not an oxymoron , a MAXI - moron.) approaching them with a deal that was worth their while. You can write or e-mail Fred and Toody , personally , saying you'd like to see them play London ,and that you're not alone.

• October 10, 2013 4:59 PM CDT
    • I've got a similar reissue that's pretty great ,but , I'm sure this is an improvement.