Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 11, 2013 8:22 PM CST
    • Gringo Starr

That fest looks like nothing but F.U.N. Getting up to way too much is never enough garage fun in Europa! *green with envy*.

• February 11, 2013 6:42 PM CST
    • this year, i'm not going to miss it!

Gringo Starr said:

Yeah, the pub is part of the festival. Bands play there during the day. Great pub. Great vibes.

Fabio said:

yup! :)

Gringo Starr said:

Is the pub called Devils Den?

• February 11, 2013 5:45 PM CST
    • Yeah, the pub is part of the festival. Bands play there during the day. Great pub. Great vibes.

Fabio said:

yup! :)

Gringo Starr said:

• February 11, 2013 5:37 PM CST
    • yup! :)

Gringo Starr said:

• February 11, 2013 5:08 PM CST
    • Is the pub called Devils Den?

Fabio said:

not at all! :D

come to think about it, there's even a pub, in salso, where they play great punk rock records all day (screeching weasel, riverdales...). that pretty much blew my mind when i first went there. but the "festival beat", no one ever told me about that! damn metalhead friends!

• February 11, 2013 5:00 PM CST
    • not at all! :D

come to think about it, there's even a pub, in salso, where they play great punk rock records all day (screeching weasel, riverdales...). that pretty much blew my mind when i first went there. but the "festival beat", no one ever told me about that! damn metalhead friends!

• February 11, 2013 4:44 PM CST
    • Maybe you were too busy studying? ;-)

Fabio said:

i studied in parma for five years, and didn't even know about the "festival beat" in salso. how is that possible?!

• February 11, 2013 4:38 PM CST
    • i studied in parma for five years, and didn't even know about the "festival beat" in salso. how is that possible?!

• February 11, 2013 4:11 PM CST
    • The program for Cosmic Trip was just announced:

• February 11, 2013 7:21 PM CST
    • Yeah, John's right, our very won Spite Classic does the best mashups!

• February 11, 2013 10:34 AM CST
    • Hahaha!

• February 11, 2013 2:25 PM CST
    • Haha I guess you mean my GP photo and not the one of me with a balloon hat, I'll take the compliment begrudgingly. But you're right, there have been a ton of hosts throughout the years (I actually just celebrated 26!?). Quite impressive you've been doing it that long.

Greg, feel free to send stuff to WMBR, 3 Ames St., Cambridge MA 02142.  LRC is def. more of a new music show than Teen Waste. Thanks.

Bill Kelly said:

There must have been a number of hosts/hostesses. You haven't been on for 35 years.  You're too pretty.  I've been the sole host of the Teenage Wasteland.  I'm old and wrinkled and I can prove it.  Just cut me in half and count the rings.

• February 11, 2013 9:32 AM CST
    • And I will be sending both of you our upcoming EP. :)

• February 11, 2013 8:06 AM CST
    • There must have been a number of hosts/hostesses. You haven't been on for 35 years.  You're too pretty.  I've been the sole host of the Teenage Wasteland.  I'm old and wrinkled and I can prove it.  Just cut me in half and count the rings.

• February 11, 2013 5:58 AM CST
    • Congratulations on being around since 1978 BUT I'm afraid our show beats you.  WMBR's Late Risers' Club in Cambridge/Boston started in May 1977 and just had a grand ole time celebrating 35 years last fall.

http://laterisersclub.org/?page_id=3692

We tend to the louder side of things with some metal and hardcore mixed in with our garage, power pop, etc. and I'm pretty sure everyone's clothes stays on. Every weekday morning from 10-noon, 88.1FM and http://wmbr.org (archives up for 2 weeks).

• February 10, 2013 8:37 PM CST
    • Born out of the flames of Satan's ass, this is the longest running garage/rock/punk/power pop/rockabilly/surf/r&b/doo-wop radio show in the whole wide stinkin' world.  No adult supervision since 1978.  Come circle the drain 3-5 PM eastern time on Sundays at 91.1 FM in New York City and northern New Jersey as well as at 90.1 in NY's Hudson Valley and PA's Lehigh Valley and now at 91.9 in Rockland County, NY.  It's also online at wfmu.org.  This is the only radio show that will make you want to strip naked and stare into the sun before you get down on all fours and drink from a puddle on the street.  It's more uplifting than discovering Kanye West has a flesh-eating virus and gratifies every one of your childish urges without making you blind.  Stephen Hawking doesn't make a move without it.  That's the Teenage Wasteland on WFMU; God-eating rock & roll.  R-r-real rock & roll!

• February 11, 2013 8:52 AM CST
    • Thank you Bill!  Guess the CD from which I played the Joe "King" Carrasco tune? Hint: It has the picture of a a DJ from New Jersey holding a toilet brush.

• February 11, 2013 8:09 AM CST
    • Jeff of the Future is TEN years ahead of his time.

• February 11, 2013 8:28 AM CST
    • The density of the tape in a 60min is the same as what is used in a 30min.  90min onward the tape is made thinner so more can fit into the cassette.  The downside is that because it is thinner and pulling more weight it is more prone to stretch and snare. 

30min is probably more durable than a 60min because there is less of a load to pull but – to my ear - the advantage is marginal. 

Shaun Coleman said:

Why wouldn't 45 or 30 min tapes be better?

The Ultimatemost High said:

90 min. cassettes are good but 60 min cassettes are the best quality.  Tape stretches with each use.  The longer the length the thinning the tape.  Avoid 120 mins.

Chrome or high is a good bias.  Normal bias has a lot of ‘white noise’.  The best bias is METAL but it is not compatible with all player/recorders.

• February 11, 2013 8:11 AM CST

• Joanie Lindstrom said:

I'm not able to connect to that web site.  Problem on my end or yours?

• February 11, 2013 12:18 AM CST
    • Head on over to Surfguitar 101 to hear their latest podcast, number 15, and all the previous ones

http://surfguitar101.com/news/story/832/

For surf comps on CD, check out Double Crown's The Continental Magazine it comes with a free great comp of current bands every issue

And Deep Eddy Records puts out great comps too

• February 10, 2013 4:46 PM CST
    • dave
      "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

This is the best one!

• February 10, 2013 4:45 PM CST
    • "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde