Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 30, 2012 3:10 PM CDT
    • I found a pile of Rolling Stones records at a second-hand store a few years ago.

Erik Johannes Matze said:

Rolling Stones

Why?: coïncedence

• September 30, 2012 2:33 PM CDT
    • Rolling Stones

Why?: coïncedence

• September 30, 2012 2:22 PM CDT
    • Ha!

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• September 30, 2012 2:28 PM CDT
    • Desperate twisters is right about BBQ. But if its for home recording and not live playing live I recommend just overdubbing the tambourine separate cuz sometimes I want tambourine on off beat instead, plus with the BBQ method the tamb can tend to get slightly off n really muck up your rhythm and since it is so high frequency it will be super obvious. Hey, mark sultan overdubs so I don't feel it breaks any rules. For an example of a tambourine being off the ENTIRE song check out kk @ BBQ's "love you so" from the s/t release. Awesome track but goddamn is that tambourine on its own rhythm!

• September 30, 2012 2:21 PM CDT
    • My band glitter dick is gonna go with furnacemfg for a 500 run. They also do an econo package 300 run that has slips instead of jackets. We haven't used em yet but their client history leads me to believe they put out a good product. Sales lady was nice too... Gonna give us free inner groove etching that says " play like berry. Act like iggy. Look like Bowie". 12" for $1570

• September 30, 2012 1:55 PM CDT
    • Napalm Death - You Suffer (with lyrics !!!)

"You Suffer" is a song by the British grindcore band Napalm Death, from their debut album, Scum. The song has earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records as the shortest recorded song ever. It is precisely 1.316 seconds long.

Scum is the first album by the English grindcore band Napalm Death, released in 1987 through Earache Records.

• September 30, 2012 1:43 PM CDT

• Erik Johannes Matze said:

Wire ~ Pink Flag (dec 1977) 

21."12 X U"   1:55

• September 30, 2012 1:32 PM CDT
    • Wire ~ Pink Flag (dec 1977) 

21."12 X U"   1:55

• September 30, 2012 1:28 PM CDT
    • Folkways: A Vision Shared - A Tribute to Woody Guthrie & Leadbelly is a Grammy Award-winning  1988 album featuring songs by Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly interpreted by leading folk, rock, and country recording artists.

• September 30, 2012 1:10 PM CDT
    • Steppenwolf

Easy Rider (1969)

• September 30, 2012 1:07 PM CDT
    • Gay Bikers on Acid
      Lesbian Dope Heads on Mopeds

• September 30, 2012 11:28 AM CDT
    • Great choice:)  I especially like the track "Live With Me."

Erik Johannes Matze said:

The Rolling Stones ~ Let It Bleed (1969)

• September 30, 2012 10:15 AM CDT
    • The Rolling Stones ~ Let It Bleed (1969)

• September 30, 2012 10:19 AM CDT
    • US only

• September 30, 2012 9:40 AM CDT
    • Alice Cooper ~ Halo Of Flies (1971) was released as a Holland singl...

(Left)

45cat - Wreckless Eric - Reconnez Cherie / Rags And Tatters - Stiff - Netherlands - SRS 510.063

(Right)

• September 30, 2012 8:44 AM CDT
    • Hi friends !

I've heard a title from the band "Saucers from the Grave" on this site. I want to know more about this group. But nothing on Internet. Is there anyone who has information ?

Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french :)

Roddy

• September 30, 2012 8:25 AM CDT
    • I love the "Velvet Goldmine" soundtrack:)

Kendal Killjoy said:

skipping the obvious bands that come to mind, Shudder to Think did some amazing Bowie-esque stuff in Velvet Goldmine and some of their original material is pretty glamtastic as well.

• September 30, 2012 2:15 AM CDT
    • skipping the obvious bands that come to mind, Shudder to Think did some amazing Bowie-esque stuff in Velvet Goldmine and some of their original material is pretty glamtastic as well.

• September 30, 2012 5:08 AM CDT
    • hey mole.  all's fine here, and you?

thanks for the help!! Will give them a try.

CheersAlex

• September 29, 2012 11:12 PM CDT
    • The Mummies all the way!

• September 29, 2012 11:03 PM CDT
    • Used to play in a cover band called Ass Cobra. I think the female cover band turbonegra is prob still my fave