Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 9, 2012 3:16 AM CDT
    • Which make me think about the first song in the Radioblivion intro i can't figured it out, it goes "Wild Street, Wild Street, I'm just born on a Wild Street", i guess it's a psycho band...

any idea?

• August 9, 2012 3:05 AM CDT
    • Perfect song !

• August 8, 2012 9:19 PM CDT
    • Well, as it seems much more easier to put on some music instead of listening to people's conversation while using the local public transport i.e., what's your favorite music on the go?

some of my personal faves, no particular order...

NEW BOMB TURKS - '!!Destroy-Oh-Boy!!', 'Info Highway Revisited', 'Nightmare Scenario' LPs

BLACKTOP - 'I Got A Baaad Feelin'...' Comp.

DIDJITS- 'Hey Judester' LP

DEVIL DOGS - North Shore Bitch

PVC - 'Punk Rock Berlin' Comp.

T.V. KILLERS - Babyboomers Motherfuckers

THE HOT POCKETS - 'Mess of Fire' LP

THE MULLENS - 'The Mullens' LP

SPACESHITS - 'Winter Dance Party' LP

THE RIP OFFS - 'Got A Record' LP

THE KIDNAPPERS - 'Ransom Notes...' LP

THE PNEUMONIAS - 'Cheap Trash Rock & Roll' Comp.

THE ONYAS - 'Get Shitfaced...' LP

SUPERSUCKERS - 'The Smoke Of Hell' LP

ROCK N ROLL ADVENTURE KIDS- Wild Man

TEENGENERATE - 'Get Action' LP

THE SHOCKS - 'The 7 Inches' Comp.

THE BREEDERS - 'Last Splash' LP

DAYLIGHT LOVERS - King Of Useless Drinking

THE WONGS - 'Reanimate My Baby' LP

THE CHINESE MILLIONAIRES - 'Detroit Double Cross' LP

THE HUMPERS - 'Positively Sick On 4th St' LP

THE SPLASH FOUR -'Do The Earthquake Shake!!!', 'Shame Shame Shame' LPs

SCAT RAG BOOSTERS - 'Scat Rag Boosters' LP

ANGRY SAMOANS - 'Back From Samoa', 'Inside My Brain' LPs

BLACK LIPS - 'Black Lips', 'Let It Bloom' LPs

MONACLES - I Can't Win

DC SNIPERS - 'Missile Sunset', 'DC Snipers' LPs

BASSHOLES - I Saw Beauty

THE BEGUILED - I Walk Alone

THE HARD FEELINGS - 'Fought Back And Lost' LP

THE MOORAT FINGERS - 'Punk As In Prison' LP

THE QUEERS - 'Don't Back Down', 'Love Songs For The Retarded' LPs

THE KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW - Zombies

THE REAL KIDS - 'The Real Kids'

THE BRIEFS - 'Sex Objects', 'Steal Yer Heart' LPs

BOBBY FULLER - I Fought The Law

GAUNT - I Don't Care

THE PROBLEMATICS - Bad Habit

BEEHIVE & THE BARRACUDAS - The Real Blue Flame

JET BUMPERS - 'It's A Sey Burnout' LP

CHEATER SLICKS - Hook Or Crook and 'Don't Like You' LP

THEE HEADCOATS - 'Elementary' Comp.

HEX DISPENSERS - 'Hex Dispensers' LP

THE DRONES - Corgi Crap

THE MANIKINS - 'Agalmatophilia' Comp.

THE KIDS - 'The Kids' LP

BEASTIE BOYS - Egg Raid On Mojo

ARMITAGE SHANKS - '25 Golden Showers' Comp.

THE REDS - 'The Reds' LP

SEDATIVES- 'Sedatives' LP

SHAKIN' NASTIES - 'Refrigerated' LP

BLITZ - Razors In The Night

THEE HEADCOATEES - Punk Boy

THEE VICARS - You Better Watch Out

MURDER PUNK Vol 1/2 Comps

THIS IS BOSTON NOT L.A. Comp.

ZODIAC KILLERS - 'Society's Offenders', 'Radiation Beach' LPs

• August 8, 2012 5:54 PM CDT
    • At the risk of self-publicity, can I suggest you have a listen to www.dandelionradio.com - listed as the no.1 place to discover new music by the best UK music blog, Louder Than War?

A broader, more ecclectic range of new and exciting music you'd be hard pushed to find.

Pete

• August 8, 2012 3:56 AM CDT
    • Ty S. was mentioned, so, on that note, check out the new Finnish all-female garage rawk outfit  The Splits (not to be confused with The Spits or the Slits)!

Their debut full length just came out on P. Trash, and are doing a few shows in Italy at the moment. Best albums of the year, Don't Fear is one of the best new songs I've heard in a looong time!

• August 8, 2012 3:45 PM CDT
    • And one more of the band having to sit way in the back of the Pub because they were underaged.

• August 8, 2012 3:45 PM CDT
    • And another.

• August 8, 2012 3:44 PM CDT
    • Here's another pic.

• August 8, 2012 3:43 PM CDT
    • I saw them at the 31st Street Pub here in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago.  I really liked them, and I'm also sorry to hear about the loss.

• August 8, 2012 4:04 AM CDT
    • So sad and tragic... I had just ordered a bunch of Thee Vicars 7"s as I heard the news, weird... Kind of ironic though, that it was this piece of news that led me to the Hideout (yup, I'm as green as they come), as I saw someone share the Hideout post about the tragedy and followed up on the lead.

But hey, it just goes to show that you should make the most of the party called life while it lasts, Chris and the Vicars sure did...  RIP.

• August 8, 2012 10:29 AM CDT
    • This weeks show features music from The Sonics, The Adverts, Crododiles, Wavves, The Spys, Hellaluya, The Hives and more!

Listen to/download the podcast here:
      http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/36-Revolution_Rock-20120807-1030-t1344331800.mp3

Check out my blog post on The Adverts One Chord Wonders single here:
      http://revrock.blogspot.ca/2012/08/one-chord-wonders-show-416.html

This week's play list:

1.  Crystal Swells - P.C.S
      3.  Monomyth – Transmissions
      4.  Cream – Rumblin’ and Tumblin’
      5.  Willie C. Echois – Satellite Stroll
      6.  Origami Ghosts – Shooting Stars
      7.  Ramblin’ Ambassadors – Clambake
      8. Chad Vangaalen – Can You Believe It?
      9.  3 Seconds – Future Shock
      10. Gordie Uranus & The Universe – It’s Only Urgent
      11. The Libertines – Time For Heroes
      12. Papermaps – There Are Wolves
      13. Crocodiles – My Surfing Lucifer
      14. Wavves – No Hope Kids
      15. Hellaluya - Midknives
      16. The Spys – Underground
      17. Harlem – Mood Ring
      18. The Sonics – Psycho (Live)
      19. The Hives – Midnight Shifter
      20. Sonic's Rendezvous Band – City Slang (Original 1978 Mix)
      21. Ramones – I Wanted Everything
      22. The Adverts – One Chord Wonders
      23. The Adverts – Quick Step

• August 8, 2012 9:48 AM CDT
    • Sorry I misunderstood you.

Audio Gasoline said:

No... 

I wouldn't run around like a kid on spring break, but there's always several bands in the line up that I'm interested in.  It's no Gonerfest, but it still looks like a hell of a party.  Wasn't Chuck Berry there last year? worth it, just for that.

And it would be even better to see some Hideout bands on the schedule, don't you think?

• August 8, 2012 9:47 AM CDT
    • I probable gonna be around Austin next year at this time, if someone want to book my band in some parties... I can ask the other guys to come too ! But i won't pay the submission fee to play... If i understood well , you have to pay to submit your songs right ??

• August 7, 2012 9:32 PM CDT
    • I went last year. Actually I attended very few official SXSW events. (I did not buy a wristband and wouldn't pay hundreds of bucks for the badge.)

But I won't hesitate to say I had a whole lotta fun. Saw bands like The Gories, Kid Congo Powers, Thee Oh Sees and went to a couple of Saustex Records events and saw The Hickoids, The Grannies, Glambilly, Pinata Protest.

As some of you know, I'm a country fan, so I spent part of my time seeing acts like Ray Wylie Hubbard, The Waco Brothers, Calamity Cubes, Hellbound Glory, James Hand, etc.

And I saw a great modern soulster, JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound. (But I don't think Chuck Berry was there. I did see Little Richard there a few years ago and Carl Perkins a few years before that.)

If anyone gives a flying hoot,  blogged it all HERE.

• August 7, 2012 8:24 PM CDT
    • No... 

I wouldn't run around like a kid on spring break, but there's always several bands in the line up that I'm interested in.  It's no Gonerfest, but it still looks like a hell of a party.  Wasn't Chuck Berry there last year? worth it, just for that.

And it would be even better to see some Hideout bands on the schedule, don't you think?

• August 7, 2012 7:24 PM CDT
    • Are you being a little sarcastic when you say "What a whole lotta fun"?  

• August 7, 2012 4:03 PM CDT
    • I think this was just announced today.  The South By Southwest festival is taking online applications from bands who'd like to showcase at the 2013 event.  ("Over 2,200 acts from around the world..."). What a whole lotta fun.

http://sxsw.com/music/news/apply-showcase-sxsw-music

• August 8, 2012 3:48 AM CDT
    • Great list! Bäddat för Trubbel is my undisputed favorite of the lot. Going to see them next month here in Helsinki, sharing the bill are for example Impo & the Tents and Die Ersten Menschen (GER)! Wohoo!!

• August 8, 2012 3:27 AM CDT
    • Hi there, I'm Jarkko from Helsinki, Finland - from a part of town called "The Arabia Beach" to  be more exact. I just got into this great community, and I'm EX-FOKKEN'-STATIC about it! I play drums in a couple of bands, one of them very 77-punk / garage oriented (stayin' ingognito as of yet, since we're kind of in between phases right now, and will most likely change our name in the weeks to come...)

I'm thinking of starting a blog here about the Finnish garagepunk/garagerock scene (since it is THRIVING, man!), introducing the greatest bands one at a time. Stay tuned! ;)

Anyhoo, it's great to be here, can't wait to get  to know the lovely people hiding out here!

• August 8, 2012 12:43 AM CDT
    • @John: I think the Youtube site is maintained by someone in the band. You might contact them through Youtube if you have an account and see if your teacher was in this band.

• August 7, 2012 8:00 PM CDT
    • I MEANT "GLAM" , NOT "CLAM ". BUT , I COULD'NT EDIT IT. NOT REALLY. 

John Battles said:

Yeah , I agree. It's good Rock'n'Roll , but , nothing spectacular. I would'nt even call it Glam. They adopted a more "Butch" version of The Dolls' look , as though women in LA would'nt want to sleep with guys who looked like THAT (uh , ok.). LA , of course , had Rodney's English Disco , and early bands like Shady Lady....They were probably the most clam - conscious major city in America atthe time....It seems like a lot of the like - minded (But arguably less - rockin') bands in New York that shared stages with The Dolls
       , early on , fell apart before the latter got signed.
      MikeL said:

Any Silverhead fans around here?  I finally got around to checking them out by ordering a CD copy of "16 and Savaged" from amazon.  It's a solid effort by a solid band, if nothing spectacular.  I especially like the opening track "Hello New York," which to my mind sounds like a great title and theme song for a sitcom about someone new to the Big Apple (yeah, that's never been done before).

Anyway, I decided to finally check them out because Michael Des Barres recently released a new CD called "Carnaby Street," and I heard a track from the CD called "Little Latin Love," which really rocks BTW.  I'll probably order a copy of it next month.

• August 7, 2012 7:59 PM CDT
    • Yeah , I agree. It's good Rock'n'Roll , but , nothing spectacular. I would'nt even call it Glam. They adopted a more "Butch" version of The Dolls' look , as though women in LA would'nt want to sleep with guys who looked like THAT (uh , ok.). LA , of course , had Rodney's English Disco , and early bands like Shady Lady....They were probably the most clam - conscious major city in America atthe time....It seems like a lot of the like - minded (But arguably less - rockin') bands in New York that shared stages with The Dolls
       , early on , fell apart before the latter got signed.
      MikeL said:

Any Silverhead fans around here?  I finally got around to checking them out by ordering a CD copy of "16 and Savaged" from amazon.  It's a solid effort by a solid band, if nothing spectacular.  I especially like the opening track "Hello New York," which to my mind sounds like a great title and theme song for a sitcom about someone new to the Big Apple (yeah, that's never been done before).

Anyway, I decided to finally check them out because Michael Des Barres recently released a new CD called "Carnaby Street," and I heard a track from the CD called "Little Latin Love," which really rocks BTW.  I'll probably order a copy of it next month.

• August 7, 2012 7:35 PM CDT
    • Any Silverhead fans around here?  I finally got around to checking them out by ordering a CD copy of "16 and Savaged" from amazon.  It's a solid effort by a solid band, if nothing spectacular.  I especially like the opening track "Hello New York," which to my mind sounds like a great title and theme song for a sitcom about someone new to the Big Apple (yeah, that's never been done before).

• August 7, 2012 1:32 PM CDT
    • Hi !

I've just started to archive my fanzine (Started last year in Bangkok) on a blog.

It goes like this :

http://krankfanzine.blogspot.com/

More to come SOON !

Enjoy and Destroy, 

Ax