Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 4, 2012 3:00 PM CDT
    • DID'NT MEAN TO PHRASE THAT AWKWARDLY , BUT , WHAT I MEANT WAS , MICHAEL MONROE'S BAND , NOW FEATURING SAM YAFFA , STEVE CONTE , AND THE GUY FROM THE HELLACOPTERS (DID'NT FOLLOW THEM , SO , I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME , OFFHAND.) ARE JUST TOURING UNDER MONROE'S NAME , BUT,  THEY'RE SO GOOD , THEY COULD CALL THEMSELVES HANOI ROCKS , AND I DON'T THINK VERY MANY PEOPLE WOULD COMPLAIN. BUT , DEFINITELY , THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL. HOPE ALL OF YOU , WHO ARE FANS , OR EVEN SKEPTICS , HAVE THE CHANCE TO FIND OUT THAT I'M NOT HEAPING ON FALSE PRAISE.

Duke Of Earl said:

yES! I didnt like the news that dolls were playing with motley crue. Infact it flat out bugged and i refused to go. Now Im glad members split off and joined back in Hanoi. Need to hear when I can see that tour now. 

John Battles said:

tHAT'S VERY COOL , THAT YOU GOT TO SEE HANOI ROCKS IN THEIR PRIME. A STILL - MISUNDERSTOOD BAND. AMERICANS TENDED TO CLASSIFY 'EM AS "METAL". I did'nt get that , either......I almost got to see them , I wanted to , on the strength of 'Malibu Beach Nightmare " , but the show was cancelled , of course , following Razzle's death. But , Sam Yaffa and Steve Conte left the latter - day Dolls to join Michael Monroes's band , after Yaffa refused to tour with Motley Crue  , and most of you know why. End result , Monroe is now fronting an ass- whoopin' band that deserves to bear the Hanoi Rocks name , but , does'nt.

Nero said:

It actually worries me that I can remember this kind of stuff, but I have a feeling that the short-lived band you're thinking of was called Shooting Gallery. Think it was Andy McCoy, Tregunna, the singer was a guy called Billy Bang (? okay, I might have made that bit up), and Jo Dog from Dogs D'Amour was in them for a bit, too. Never heard them or saw them live, so quite why I remember this trivia is beyond me. Probably because I was a big Hanoi Rocks fan, saw them a couple of times in their prime, once at the Electric Ballroom in Camden with a band called Ligotage supporting, whose singer was Beki Bondage from Vice Squad, who were pursuing a similar punk/glam sound.

I guess glam is at the root of it all for me, growing up in Seventies Britain. 'Blockbuster' and 'Hellraiser' by the Sweet were my first two 45s, and seeing Bowie in Top Of The Pops doing 'Starman' left an indelible impression. Funny, though, how bands like Sweet and Slade get referred to as 'bricklayers in eyeshadow' by the early punks (I'm thinking of people like Siouxsie, here), unlike the artier Bowie and Roxy Music.  

John Battles said:

PROBABLY. tHE ONLY PEOPLE i'VE HEARD TALK ABOUT THEM HAD LIVED IN FINLAND. Andy had , or has , a dysfunctional Rock 'n'Roll "Reality TV' show , liek the Osbournes and The $immon$  family.     I saw Andy twice in '88 WITH iGGY pOP , BUT , i THINK THAT'S THE ONLY U.S TOUR HE'S DONE SINCE THE ABORTIVE AND POORLY PROMOTED US TOUR WHICH ENDED , AS I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW , IN DRUMMER , RAZZLE'S DEATH WITH VINCE NEAL AT THE WHEEL (HE COULD'NT HAVE SENT OUT FOR BEER?). NO , WAIT , THERE WAS ANOTHER BAND. I FORGET THEIR NAME. HIM , DAVE TREGUNNA OR Kenny Laguna, THE GUY FROM lORDS AND sHAM 69. MAYBE NASTY SUICIDE , TOO? They were at China Club , and I refused to go there.

Duke Of Earl said:

I heard 2 pelle albums but never the one with Andy Mccoy. Apparently they were finnish only releases. 

The Fnords said:

Pelle Miljoona was Andy McCoy's best-known pre-Hanoi Rocks band; I've none of their records though. D.

• August 3, 2012 2:18 PM CDT
    • Cool stuff:)  Thanks for sharing, and I love your name.

LA PLASTIC TEAM said:

Howdy, i'm not going to read the 18 pages, but I hope you checked out the Italian GIUDA, made of members of Taxi, they are totally glam rock a la Slade, etc

• August 3, 2012 1:21 PM CDT
    • Howdy, i'm not going to read the 18 pages, but I hope you checked out the Italian GIUDA, made of members of Taxi, they are totally glam rock a la Slade, etc

• August 4, 2012 11:25 AM CDT
    • Hi mate you could also take a listen of "Esquerita : Rock'n'roll is here to stay"...this man deserved more popularity. Best Regard

• August 4, 2012 11:24 AM CDT
    • My band The Psyatics will be going into the studio this winter, and plan on pressing LPs as well as CDs.  Can I get some guidance on good experiences with pressing plants that will do short runs (200-300)?   Best, Rob

• August 4, 2012 1:02 AM CDT
    • Show #383: "The Eggman Collection #117" playlist:

Genesis - "Firth Of Fifth"
      The Good Rats - "We Are The Good Rats/Joey Ferrari"
      Billy Nicholls - "Girl From New York"
      The Rascals - "Fortunes"
      The Chocolate Moose - "Take A Ride"
      Edip Akbayram - "Yakar Inceden Inceden"
      The Hellers - "The Flight"
      The Savage Rose - "Den Dode By/Mode Butikken Plyndres"
      Tudor Lodge - "I See A Man"
      Donovan - "New Year's Resolution"
      The Easybeats - "Sad And Lonely And Blue"
      Duncan Browne - "Send Me The Bill For Your Friendship"
      Orphan Egg - "It's Wrong"
      Harvester - "Kristallen Den Fina"
      Chants R&B - "I Want Her"
      The Vejtables - "Mansion Of Tears"
      Serge Gainsbourg - "Ford Mustang"
      Manfred Mann's Earth Band - "Be Not Too Hard"
      Spirogyra - "In The Western World: a) In The Western World, b) Jungle Lore, c) Coming Back, d) Western World (Reprise)"
      Fickle Pickle - "Here And Now"
      Earth And Fire - "Seasons"
      Heavy Jelly - "I Keep Singing That Same Old Song"
      The Holy Mackerel - "Scorpio Red"
      The Standells - "School Girl"
      Thoughts And Words - "It's A Long Time"
      The New Vaudeville Band - "Rosie"
      Lou Reed - "Rock And Roll Heart"
      Clear Light - "The Ballad Of Freddie & Larry"
      Agitation Free - "Haunted Island"
      The Incredible String Band - "Koeeoaddi There"
      Samla Mammas Manna - "Vidgat Lage"
      Algarnas Tradgard - "5/4"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/383.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/383.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• August 3, 2012 3:49 PM CDT
    • Show #383: "The Eggman Collection #117"

NOTE: Due to an illness in my family which has me a little distracted at the moment, plus working 50-plus hours a week, I will be doing only Eggman Collection specials in the next couple of months until things slow down in the fall. I'm calling it "The Back-To-Back Eggman Collection End Of Summer Super Spectacular!"
      The Eggman Collection is basically a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 117th installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: Genesis, Billy Nicholls, The Rascals, The Savage Rose, Tudor Lodge, Donovan, Duncan Browne, Harvester, Chants R&B, Serge Gainsbourg, Spirogyra, Earth And Fire, Heavy Jelly, The Holy Mackerel, Clear Light, Agitation Free, The Incredible String Band, Samla Mammas Manna, Algarnas Tradgard, and many others!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• August 3, 2012 6:08 PM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist Aug 2/2012

1. The Ramones...Do You Remember Rock'n'Roll Radio? from their 1980 LP End Of The Century and the first record in which The Ramones deviated from the formula and expanded their sound. There's a bunch of bands playing Ramones covers tonite at Call The Office here in London Ontario so we had to open with this one.

2. The Speaking Tongues...What's Your Story...from their first CD, Wild Sound from 2008. Speaking Tongues have given their notice, last show is later this month in Toronto. We brought them here many a time and they always delivered.

Call The Office Apr 30/2010

3. Speaking Tongues...Karma Blues...from their Third Floor Sessions Recordings done at Ryerson University in Toronto in 2010.

4. Speaking Tongues...Can't Take It...from their self released LP from 2011.

5. Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet...Theme From TV...from a 7" from 1986 as the Shads were doing a show at The Cameron in Toronto as a benefit for some of the places that helped Reid out prior to his passing in 2001. Reid Diamond was the bass player and a really nice guy!Reid is on the left, taken at Call The Office...probably the first time they played London Ontario.

6. Thee Vicars...Every Day...from a 7" on Dirty Water and for Chris Langeland who passed away last week. Chris was the guitarist for Thee Vicars.

7. Thee Vicars...You Live...from a 7" on Dirty Water Records.

8. Thee Vicars...Don't Wanna Be Free...from a 7" on Dirty Water Records.

9. Thee Vicars...Gonna See Me Again...from a 7" on Dirty Water Records.

10. Magic Christian...Teenage Head...from a 7" on Schizophrenic Records. Recorded in 2009 with Cyril Jordan, Clem Burke, Eddie Munoz, Paul Kopf, Gordie Lewis, Dave Rave and Micheal Fonfara in Hamilton Ontario.

Magic Christian, Hamilton Ontario 1/20/09

11. Dennis Most...There Is A Mall....from the recent Instigate Me CD.

12. The Basements...Stray Mood...from the I'm Dead CD on Lost In Tyme Records from Greece.

13. Evil Eyes...Honey Please....from their brand new 7" EP on Bamalama Records outta Toronto.

14. The Stoves...Can't Slow Down...recorded live at The Cedar Lounge May 1979 and thanx to Dana Stone for providing this! The Stoves were one of the early London Ontario punk combos.

15. Johnny Terrien and The Bad Lieutenants...Eyes...from their latest 7" split with The Ponches.

Johnny Terrien and The Bad Lieutenants, Black Shire Pub, London Nov 14/2008

16. Johnny Terrien and The Bad Lieutenants...Please Don't Touch...recorded live at Call The Office, London Ontario 7/27/12.

17. Johnny Kidd and The Pirates...Growl...from a Greatest Hits LP and the flip side of Please Don't Touch from 1958.

18. Ross Daily...Calling Portugal...recorded live at Call The Office 7/27/12 for Speed City Records 15th Birthday Bash. Support your local record stores while you still can!!

19. Dan Vapid and The Cheats...What Do You Wanna Do Tonite...from their self titled debut LP. These guys closed the show last friday after Ross Daily (first show in 14 years), Johnny Terrien and one other band.

20. Budokan...Bastards Of Feel...from their Spin A Little Gold CD.

21. The Living Deadbeats...Apathy...from their LP that came out recently.

22. The Living Deadbeats...Evil Hearted Blues....recorded live at Call The Office 7/23/12

The Living Deadbeats at Call The Office, London, Ontario 7/23/12

23. The Cunts....A Date With Disaster...1982 7" that made me an instant fan of this band. Couldn't say their name on the radio for obvious reasons.

24. The Cunts...Blow Your Mind...from A Decade Of Fun 1978-1988 LP. Ross Daily dedicated this song to me the other night as they know i'm a HUGE fan of this band as is lead singer Mike Todd.

25. The Cunts...My Baby Is An Atomic Bomb...from the Look Out! LP from 1991.

26. The Cunts...I Don't Want Food, I Don't Want Sex I Want You...from The Rites Of Spring LP from 1984. As The Cunts say, 'Remember, have fun always!' 4 tunes by The Cunts, you probably won't hear these guys anywhere else as their name scares most off. We did an interview with the band for What Wave zine many years ago, probably the only print interview with the band.

27. The Hook Up...65 Has No Blues...from the Call Up The Devil CD...cut this one short as the clock was quickly running out and Ryan In The Red had his big announcement to make.

28. The Droogs...Change Is Gonna Come....1984 7" that goes out to Ryan....

Another wrap, hope you enjoyed the show. Thanx for all the call-ins, emails, facebook shouts and HEYS!! Back next week with more noise to annoy!

CHRW has a new website, and on the podcasts, you can now listen to several weeks worth of shows. Try it out and let me know how you like it or don't.

http://chrwradio.ca/audio/by/title/radio_what_wave

• August 3, 2012 3:53 PM CDT
    • Kustom City Sounds

8-3-12

Playlist

Hour One

Tonight On Kustom City Sounds on baconrock.com

Celebrating the Summerwind, Brotha's and Sista's!!!!!!

Hour One

Xray Eyeballs – Die Little Love (Menthol 100’s version)

Boomgates – Bright Idea

Sick Hyenas – Surfin’ Blood

Butthole Surfers – Hey

Jelly Bean Bandits – Country Man

The Rivera Playboys – I’m The Pusherman

The Dirty Lungs – Love Is A Chore

The Hate – Where Hope Lives

The Canary Sect – Ain’t Got No Time

Big Lebowski – Over The Line

Robert Gordon – Flyin’ Saucer Rock and Roll

Branden Daniels & The Chics -  All Things Chic

Legendary Shack-Shakers – CB Song

Peacocks – Can You Tell Me

The Buff Medways – Unable To See The Good

Cosmonauts – Emerald Green

Screamin’ Joe Neal – Rock and Roll Deacon

Tawny Reed – Needle In A Haystack

Ian & The Aztecs – Ain’t That Loving You, Baby

Dumb and Dumber – Triple Stamp The Double Stamp

Herman Brood & His Wild Romance – Right On The Money

MFC Chicken – Striptease Girl

The Woggles – Get Tough

MC-5 – Looking At You

Frank Sinatra - Summerwind

Hour Two

The Nuclears – Get me Outta Here

New York Dolls – Jet Boy

Teenager – Frights

The Boss Mustangs – Turn On

The Raspberries – I Wanna Be With You

Civil Defense Spot – How Much Time Do We Have (Keep On Workin)

The Pygmies – Don’t Care About You

The Cynics – Girl, You’re On My Mind

John Worthan – The Cats Were Jumpin

Red Sovine and Webb Pierce – Why Baby Why

Christian Bland And The Revelators – Wishing Well

Free – Wishing Well

The Black Angels – Doves

Baby Woodrose – Baby Blows Your Mind

The Zabalas – Last Time

Royal Crown Pomade

The Zombies – Summertime

Keith Allison – Action, Action, Action

Freddy & The Four Gone Conclusions – Fell From Grace

Hour Three

Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime

Allah Las – Tell Me (What’s On Your Mind)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Took Out A Loan

Fidlar – Oh

Hoodoo Gurus – Dig It Up

Heavy Cream – John Johnny

Airplane - Hospital

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls

David Bowie – Moonage Daydream

Jack White – Sixteen Saltines

Kid Thomas – The Wolf Pack

King Khan & The Shrines – Land Of The Freak

Lombego Surfers – Way Out

Pierced Arrows – The Doorway

Pow Wows – Killing Me

The Adventurers – My Mama Told Me

The Barbarians – Hey Little Bird

The Blue Things Spot

The Blue Shadows – Boneyard

Coyote Men – Primitive Urge

Knoxville Girls – I Feel Better All Over

Hour Four

Cavemanish Boys – Remember This Time

Fletcher Johnson – Messin’ Up My Mind

Owsley Brothers – Rotten On The vine

Redd Kross – Stay Away From Downtown

We The People – You Burn Me Up And Down

Simply Saucer – Instant Pleasure

The Soundcarriers – Step Outside

The Wild Ones - Picnic

The Cramps – Goo Goo Muck

Ronnie Cook & The Gaylads – Goo Goo Muck

The Roundabouts – The Strangeness In Me

The Bloody Holllies – Dead Letter

The Hard Feelings – She Tells Me

The Junahoos – Cool Points

Iggy Pop & Bethany Constantino – Let’s Boot And Rally

Inmates – Love Got Me

Civil Defense Spot – Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow

David John & The Mood – Diggin’ For Gold

Factory – Try A Little Sunshine

Lost Sounds – Frankenstein Twist

LoveStruck – Comb Your Hair

`

Austin Powers – Scotty Don’t

David Jones % The Mood – Diggin’ Fro Gold

Factory – Try A Little Sunshine

Joe Boot And The Fabulous Wind – Rock And Roll Radio

The Cramps – Goo Goo Muck

Ronnie Cook & The Gaylords – Goo Goo Muck

Dale ajac

• August 3, 2012 3:15 PM CDT
    • I thought the same of "Spill The Wine " , too.....Not that it would'nt work that way.
      Believe it or not , I still had yet to hear any of The Animals ' hits when Ifirst heard "Spill the Wine' , so , I thought it was (maybe) Mick Jagger singing. I'll have to pay close attention , next time I here R'n'R HK.....tHANKS FOR POSTING THE CLIPS....I'VE GOT A REALLY GOOD ONE , SOMEWHERE OF ERIC AND WAR , WHERE HE IMPROVISES A LITTLE ON THE LYRICS....Sometimes he does that a little , sometimes too damn much. 
      Stoned Again Productions said:

War, Spill The Wine.  The 1st 100+ times I heard it when it was new I thought the lyrics were Do I dig that girl instead of Spill the wine dig that pearl.  Also the Rick Derringer song Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo, Come on a little closer, gonna do it to you  sounded like Come on a little puzzy, gonna do it to you. But I think that was on purpose so it would sound like that.

• August 3, 2012 2:38 PM CDT
    • War, Spill The Wine.  The 1st 100+ times I heard it when it was new I thought the lyrics were Do I dig that girl instead of Spill the wine dig that pearl.  Also the Rick Derringer song Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo, Come on a little closer, gonna do it to you  sounded like Come on a little puzzy, gonna do it to you. But I think that was on purpose so it would sound like that.

• August 3, 2012 1:08 PM CDT
    • ...I say yer his backin' band, all ya need is a decent drummer!

• August 3, 2012 12:34 PM CDT
    • You know we could get one of the original Creatures members down here if we could provide him with a backing rhythm section. J.T. of the COTGD and the Original Sins wants to come down here. He's looking for something in November.

• August 3, 2012 6:38 AM CDT
    • ...sounds promising, never had the chance to see them on stage. well, here we often have to be more patient regarding 'new' bands from Canada or the US, of course.

Romanne Blouin said:

Can't wait for the Dagger Eyes LP, I saw them live a couple times and they always blew my punk mind. 

NoHitWonder said:

Well, depends on your taste, but I like

THEE OUTLETS,

PANIC BEATS

...as mentioned somewhere above by others, ATOMIC SUPLEX 'Bathroom Party' LP on Crypt

...how about the first CROME CRANKS-LP in 15 years? kills!!!

GLOW KIT Debut-LP

DAGGER EYES Debut-LP soon to come out on 'P.Trash'

...forgot the 'Bo Diddley' and 'Go Bo Diddley' 2012 reissues on Rumble, oh man

THE SPITS 'müde und einsam' LP

• August 2, 2012 10:25 PM CDT
    • Can't wait for the Dagger Eyes LP, I saw them live a couple times and they always blew my punk mind. 

NoHitWonder said:

Well, depends on your taste, but I like

THEE OUTLETS,

PANIC BEATS

...as mentioned somewhere above by others, ATOMIC SUPLEX 'Bathroom Party' LP on Crypt

GLOW KIT Debut-LP

• August 2, 2012 10:20 PM CDT
    • The Felines, on Hey Girl! Records, have a great debut 45 EP out. YouTube "Daddy Walk"....two cool videos there.

• August 2, 2012 7:27 PM CDT
    • Ty Segall has been mentioned before but having seen him in London tonight I'd recommend him again. Check out Mikal Cronin's stuff too, he's currently playing bass in Ty's band but his solo LP and singles are really worth getting your hands on.

• August 2, 2012 5:04 PM CDT
    • Well, depends on your taste, but I like

THEE OUTLETS,

PANIC BEATS

GLOW KIT Debut-LP

• August 2, 2012 10:30 PM CDT
    • Siiiick! Thank you!

• August 2, 2012 2:42 PM CDT
    • Amazing stuff. It's great to see the whole thing with such quality. 

• August 2, 2012 5:45 PM CDT
    • late, late, very late, well, but there are some more 2011 albums to be mentioned...

MAGNETIX 'Drogue Electric'

CURLEE WURLEE! 'likes milk...'

JAMES BROWN & HIS FAMOUS FLAMES reissue of 1st and 2nd alb on Doxy

JOHNNY THROTTLE debut-LP

THE GAGGERS 'Rip You Apart'

THE JUJU'S 'You Treated Me Bad'

DIE ERSTEN MENSCHEN 'Apocalypse Now & Then'

ATOMIC SUPLEX 'Bathroom Party'

IRRITONES 'Penis Romantique'

THE SPITS 's/t'

MARK SULTAN 'Whatever/Whenever I Want'

ABOUT BLANKS '12 Boring Blasts'

• August 2, 2012 2:08 PM CDT
    • There was a documentary about Billy Childish as well a few years ago showing how he only paints on a Sunday at his Mothers house amongst other things, also very enjoyable.

John Battles said:

....Well , I think , the bottom line is , Spenser has been around for a long time , since the Pub Rock days.....I saw Wreckless Eric once , and , he said , before going solo , he auditioned for "A Garage band , Standells , Chocolate Watchband covers... with an American singer". I asked him , later , if he was talking about Mike Spenser . "YEH !  HOW DID YOU KNOW?". I said , well , I can't think of too many other American singers  who might have been trying to start a Garage band in Britain when there was even less call for one than there was , even here in the states. But , I asked Eric if this band (Presumably an embryonic version of The Cannibals that did'nt take off.) was before or after Mike's stint with The (Count) Bishops , to which he replied , "Mike Spenser was in the Count Bishops?!"

I THINK , POSSIBLY , SPENSER ALSO WARRANTED A DOCUMENTARY , FOR CARRYING ON , REGARDLESS OF DEMAND. HE DID'NT BECOME , LIKE BILLY CHILDISH , HUGE IN AMERICA, OR EVEN P.PAUL FENECH , GRADUALLY POPULAR IN AMERICA. HE'S AN AMERICAN WHO CARVED A LITTLE NICHE IN ENGLAND....