Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• June 22, 2012 9:32 AM CDT
    • cojonudo!!!

• June 22, 2012 9:19 AM CDT
    • Cool! I have the Live At Shelter cd and it rules.  It's awesome how they slightly get a little more out of tune as the show goes on.

• June 21, 2012 9:52 PM CDT
    • Check out "Start the Panic" from the Agenda! (The exclamation point is part of their name). It was released back in '09 on Athens, GA-based indie label Kindercore, and I discovered it in a now closed FYE. It was used, dirt cheap, and I liked the cover. I sampled some cuts at a listening station, and I was fucking hooked. From beginning to end, it's gritty garage that doesn't let up, and I've been hoping to find more from this group. This vid isn't their best song on the album, but at least you can get an idea:

• June 21, 2012 8:12 PM CDT
    • I have not been as regular as I like with my participation here (the general here that is GaragePunk Hideout) so maybe someone else who is around more and participating in this thread because of a love of glam could run with this idea: it would be cool if there was a Garagepunk hideout comp that was strictly new (and good) glam.

• June 21, 2012 7:00 AM CDT
    • Cool! I hadn't thought about that, but yeah, I can hear that too. Was thinking... I've got to put my '74 goggles on (borrow the keys for the Wayback Machine from Kopper) and try to see how radical that band was in Australia in '74. They would have looked like they were from another planet! Wish I knew more about them, but haven't found a whole lot.

Winter in Oz means it's time to head to the pub and hear some rawk -- stout weather --. Now, if only we could get the WARDENS to play Adelaide.... hint hint hint...

Tuning in online Joanie! Mel

• June 21, 2012 6:41 AM CDT
    • Hey Melissa, I'm listening again and you know what modern day band I'm getting? Buck Cherry?  Which for me isn't a bad thing but might make others cringe. And they kind of look like Death Angel with the multi-cultural members.  Cool stuff.

Hope all is well your way.

melissa scott said:

Yeah, a bit o' Aussie RAWK. I just dig the live version -- the way they're getting with the crowd and clearly having F.U.N. Glad you GOT THE FEELIN'.

Go the Late Riser's CLUB! *waving to Joanie in Boston*

Mel

Joanie Lindstrom said:

What a great song.  They look glam but the sound is more of a straight forward AC/DC or Status Quo style (at least that tune).  I think I'll play it on my show this morning (if anyone's interested, http://laterisersclub.org at 10AM Boston time).

melissa scott said:

Did someone say GLAM? Here's some for ya...

HUSH, 1974, "Get the Feelin"

I need that sequin outfit... :D

• June 21, 2012 6:37 AM CDT
    • Yeah, a bit o' Aussie RAWK. I just dig the live version -- the way they're getting with the crowd and clearly having F.U.N. Glad you GOT THE FEELIN'.

Go the Late Riser's CLUB! *waving to Joanie in Boston*

Mel

Joanie Lindstrom said:

What a great song.  They look glam but the sound is more of a straight forward AC/DC or Status Quo style (at least that tune).  I think I'll play it on my show this morning (if anyone's interested, http://laterisersclub.org at 10AM Boston time).

melissa scott said:

• June 21, 2012 6:30 AM CDT
    • What a great song.  They look glam but the sound is more of a straight forward AC/DC or Status Quo style (at least that tune).  I think I'll play it on my show this morning (if anyone's interested, http://laterisersclub.org at 10AM Boston time).

melissa scott said:

• June 20, 2012 10:42 PM CDT
    • No , I completely forgot The Cherry Bombs. This would have been early 90's , after the Cherry Bombs split up....I never cared for them much , I guess I should give 'em another chance , after 25 + years....I have a cassette of their somewhere , but , never played it. They did "Hot Girls' in Love" WTF!!! But this was a short lived band . Nasty Suicide may not have been involved.

Duke Of Earl said:

Hes on TV? I never realized he reached that level of fame. Over there though bands that are obscure here win awards, so it must be completely different what music is popular in foreign countries.

I think that last band you mentioned might have been the CherryBombz. If thats what band you meant, I wouldnt have went either I guess. 

John Battles said:

PROBABLY. tHE ONLY PEOPLE i'VE HEARD TALK ABOUT THEM HAD LIVED IN FINLAND. Andy had , or has , a dysfunctional Rock 'n'Roll "Reality TV' show , liek the Osbournes and The $immon$  family.     I saw Andy twice in '88 WITH iGGY pOP , BUT , i THINK THAT'S THE ONLY U.S TOUR HE'S DONE SINCE THE ABORTIVE AND POORLY PROMOTED US TOUR WHICH ENDED , AS I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW , IN DRUMMER , RAZZLE'S DEATH WITH VINCE NEAL AT THE WHEEL (HE COULD'NT HAVE SENT OUT FOR BEER?). NO , WAIT , THERE WAS ANOTHER BAND. I FORGET THEIR NAME. HIM , DAVE TREGUNNA OR Kenny Laguna, THE GUY FROM lORDS AND sHAM 69. MAYBE NASTY SUICIDE , TOO? They were at China Club , and I refused to go there.

Duke Of Earl said:

I heard 2 pelle albums but never the one with Andy Mccoy. Apparently they were finnish only releases. 

The Fnords said:

Pelle Miljoona was Andy McCoy's best-known pre-Hanoi Rocks band; I've none of their records though. D.

• June 21, 2012 4:24 PM CDT
    • Reigning Sound - Reptile Style

• June 20, 2012 9:09 AM CDT
    • SIN GALORE are already on this Sampler ...and also on the Hideout. Look em up! Don't know if they are still doing stuff, though. Sinicess (also on the Hideout) did some great tracks to begin with, on hiatus now I think.

Veit Rausch said:

The Nomads.. of course!

but all in all I prefer something like on this sampler:

http://oogatjackatapes.bandcamp.com/album/pickled-herring-punk

• June 21, 2012 6:24 AM CDT
    • U.S. only...

• June 20, 2012 5:52 PM CDT
    • Do any of you guys use Turntable.fm? It's basically a site with a ton of music rooms (different genres/themes) and you can play songs and listen to other people's tracks. It's pretty fun for hanging out and finding new music. It might be cool to start up a Hideout room for everyone here to spin some tracks. 

• June 20, 2012 6:06 PM CDT
    • Here it is Muckas...!!

Thee Lord Muck returns...!! Yeah Lord Muck is back with episode 41 of the Nasty Grind show! Join him on a magic carpet ride thru mind-blowing anthems to nothing from The Attack,The Open Mind, The Glass Sun, The Orange Machine, Velvet Fogg, The Ultimate Spinach, Jason Crest and more.. Log in and trip out, Muckas...!!

DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE TO NASTY GRIND | SUBSCRIBE TO GPPR | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | ITUNES

• June 20, 2012 1:18 PM CDT
    • I seriously recommend the package/magazine bundle offered by Rush for their fans:)

• June 20, 2012 1:16 PM CDT
    • The next rock book I'm gonna get myself is Richard's Life:):)

Jon S said:

I see most of my favorites are mentioned here. I also enjoyed England's Dreaming by Jon Savage (on The Sex Pistols and punk), Passion is a Fashion The Real Story of The Clash by Pat Gilbert, The Dirt by Mötley Crue/Neil Strauss (of course) and I really loved Hellfire by Nick Tosches.

Anybody read Keith Richard's Life or the John Einarson's Arthur Lee bio?

• June 20, 2012 3:24 AM CDT
    • I see most of my favorites are mentioned here. I also enjoyed England's Dreaming by Jon Savage (on The Sex Pistols and punk), Passion is a Fashion The Real Story of The Clash by Pat Gilbert, The Dirt by Mötley Crue/Neil Strauss (of course) and I really loved Hellfire by Nick Tosches.

Anybody read Keith Richard's Life or the John Einarson's Arthur Lee bio?