Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• June 23, 2012 5:40 PM CDT
    • Great show, I loved the psych special.

Lord Muck!! said:

Here it is Muckas...!!

Thee Lord Muck returns...!! Yeah Lord Muck is back with episode 41 of the Nasty Grind show! Join him on a magic carpet ride thru mind-blowing anthems to nothing from The Attack,The Open Mind, The Glass Sun, The Orange Machine, Velvet Fogg, The Ultimate Spinach, Jason Crest and more.. Log in and trip out, Muckas...!!

DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE TO NASTY GRIND | SUBSCRIBE TO GPPR | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | ITUNES

• June 23, 2012 1:51 AM CDT
    • Bless the Muck !!!

• June 23, 2012 4:26 PM CDT
    • That's what's funny , because when you listen to Hound Dog's pre-70's and pre - Alligator Records (Who took a steady nosedive after his death.) material , it's GOOD, it's honest , but it's not the FOOT - IN - ASS REAL PUNK BLUES "JACK WHITE? NEVER HEARD OF HIM"
      SAVAGENESS he attained in the latter years of his life , with Ted Taylor and Brewer Phillips. pLUS , HE HAD NO BASS , CENTURIES BEFORE THAT BECAME THE NORM AROUND HERE IN GARAGELAND. ONLY DIFFERENCE , HE MADE IT WORK. And The Cramps , Gories , Royal Pendletons , and a few other bands made it work, too.
       Dana V. Hatch said:

I think of Hound Dog Taylor first, in his late 60's he was rocking harder than ever on Beware of the Dog! I'm 48 and I'll stop only when I'm dead or incapacitated. I think this question is the opposite of the pertinent question today. Step up yr game, you whippersnappers!

• June 23, 2012 4:16 PM CDT
    • A

Point well taken. I first saw The Fleshtones in 1984 , and , make no mistake ,it was a great show , but , they're so much better , right here , right now , right everything.

YOU'D BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND SUCH A HIGH ENERGY SHOW , ESPECIALLY FROM SO MANY YOUNGER BANDS WHO NEVER HAD TO PLAY AS THOUGH THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT.

Alison said:

I think the "energy and passion" are keys.  Rock n' Roll is youth culture so we are all a bit juvenile here.  It's bands that become "mature" with age and start playing all mid tempo and clean that feel "old."  You have to stay dirty and unhinged.  The Fleshtones are still doing push-ups at their shows!  And if you are a fan, avoid the temptation to grouse about how much better the scene was in your day because rejecting the new kids makes you a geezer.....and an ass!

Tom McLoughlin said:

Here's a bizarre but true story regarding this subject.  We just reformed THE SLOTHS at the end of this summer. All of us Sloth members we apart of the Hollywood Sunset Strip era of 1964 to 1966. No one knew that 'Makin' Love' the 45 the original group made in 1965 but was never released, had somehow been discovered and on the 'Back From The Grave 4' album. Nor did we know The Gories and other bands had covered it, or that an original single with sleeve had been sold for as high as $6550.00 on eBay.  We were all amazed. Ugly Things magazine just did a cover story on the group.  But the point is..all this led to us getting together again (in a garage, of course) and starting playing the songs exactly as we had 45 years ago. Some of us had not played, nor have I sang, in over 4 decades. But it was as if no time had passed. Now we're being booked in clubs and venues. The most surreal thing is we were all around 16yrs old back in the day. Now we're in our 60s playing the music of the 60s with more energy and passion than when we were teens. Too Old To Rock? Not yet, thank God.

• June 23, 2012 11:44 AM CDT
    • I love glam, but I think it had it's day. Not too many bands these days can pull it off as well as Hello, Mott, Slade and so on. An era of decadence helped to make it a bit more special. Giuda are pretty cool, not much else that comes to mind for current bands. Maybe I'm just unaware? What would you consider some good current glam bands?

• June 23, 2012 10:50 AM CDT
    • I can't wait to see how exactly C.J. Ramone crosses ANYTHING with "End Of The Century."

• June 23, 2012 9:54 AM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist June 21/2012

1. The Kinks....I'm Not Like Everybody Else...from the double LP Are Well Respected Men. A theme song for many of us outcasts...something i realized very early in school.

2. Tuerto Loco...Robert Q Public...recorded live on Radio WW 5/12/11...driving down the 401 on 17 wheels....Tuerto Loco will be playing tonite at the St Regis Hotel here in sleepy London Ontario.

3. Nancy Sinatra...Hank And Frank...1989 demo and a personal fave, this song has been in Tuerto Loco's repertoire as Hank is lead vocalist of TL.

4. Pretty Things...Midnight To 6 Man...from the Vintage Years double LP on Sire Records. HUGE THANX to Greg Shaw for doing this back in 1976!! The beginnings of the re-issue, complilation era of records and if it wasn't for Greg Shaw, i woulda given up on music decades ago! Still have our file folder filled with letters from Greg from back in the day...

5. Bad Bad Bad...Don't Push Me...from their self released CD, we had this duo live on Radio WW earlier this year. Halifax 2 piece.

6. Purple Toads...You Gotta Believe Me...from their 2nd LP, Love Songs For the Hard Of Hearing. There's a book being written by Stephen Wright about the Toads....check facebook for a page about this.

7. The Hook-Up....Tantrum Girls Deserve To Die...from the soon to be released CD, Call Up The Devil.

8. The Statues...Holiday Cops...from the LP of the same name. Heard The Statues packed it in at the Ottawa Explosion show last weekend.

9. The Statues...Living In Lines...from the New People Make Us Nervous LP.

10. The Living Deadbeats...Theme Song...from the soon to be release 12"...Living Deadbeats come to London July 7th...see you there!

11. The Evil Eyes...Honey Please...from the Garagepunk Hideout compilation, We Love Trash.

12. Laughing Sky...Take It....from a brand new 7" from this NYC based psychedelic combo that features Dino Sorbello formerly of the Blacklight Chameleons.

13. Drug Free Youth...A Cat...from a brand new CD, The Avacodo Index on Nowhere Street Music from Greece.

14. The Basements...Go Away...from their brand new CD, I'm Dead on Lost In Tyme Records from Greece. Lost In Tyme is also the garage zine from Greece, #6 just came out and it comes with a 29 song CD compilation.

15. Terror Lake....June Bug...from a recent demo from this Toronto trio.

16. The Remains...Don't Tell Me The Truth...from the brand new Lost In Tyme CD compilation mentioned above.

17. The Hollies...Long Cool Woman...from their 1971 LP, Distant Light.

18. The Zellots...Soldiers...from a 1981 demo. London Ontario almost all girl group.

19. White Lung...Atlanta...from their It's The Evil CD...Vancouver almost all girl group.

20. The Vagiants...Turn It Around...from a mini CD of the same name....all girl group from Winnipeg.

21. The Stolen Minks...Boys On The Floor....from their first CD...all girl combo from Halifax.

22. B Girls...B-Side...all girl combo from Toronto, from a 7" on Bomp Records.

23. Shortpants Romance...Heatwave...from a 2008 demo...outta Montreal.

24. Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet...Shake Some Evil....live recording at Call The Office, London Ontario 7/17/86.

Thanx for the phone-ins, emails, facebook messages and HEYS!!!  Back at you next week with an all Canadian show as Canada Day is July 1st!!

Here's the links to the archived show:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1800.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1830.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

• June 22, 2012 1:18 PM CDT
    • I received it in the mail yesterday. It's fucking great!

Tyler said:

I can't believe how good the new Baddat For Trubbel is. Why is this so fucking hard to find

• June 23, 2012 2:33 AM CDT
    • DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE | SUBSCRIBE TO ALL | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGSPOT

Watcha WEIRD OHS!
      I'm Mr A the Barber and this is vol. 47 of YOU GOT GOOD TASTE

TWO WEIRDSVILLE events this month!!

THEE VICERS and THE WITCHDOKTORS
      LIVE at the next club WEIRDSVILLE hosted by yours truly on Saturday 7TH JULY
      at The Fighting Cocks in Kingston SW London. ♠ FREE ENTRY ♠

THEE GRAVEMEN and The ONE MAN DESTRUCTION SHOW
      LIVE at the next club WEIRDSVILLE hosted by yours truly on Friday 13th July
      at The Fighting Cocks in Kingston SW London.

Go to the WEIRDSVILLE facebook page for more info http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weirdsville/240282989371045

or

http://www.yougotgoodtaste.com

***ATTENTION*** from August 1st this will be the new feed link to subscribe to ALL the GaragePunk shows http://feeds.feedburner.com/GPPR

The Backhand Jags - The Shake
      The Illegal Movers - Shake It Wild
      The Coyotemen - Shake! Baby! Shake!
      Thee Gravemen - Shake It
      Dave Atkins - Shake-Kum-Down
      The Lincoln Trio - Shakedown
      Thee Vicars - Satisfy You
      The Witchdoktors - Knock Me Down
      The Cavaliers - Dancing Party
      Gino - Hand Clappin' Time
      Los Americains - La Fiesta
      Dave 'Baby' Cortez - Hurricane
      Zircons - Oongawa
      Warren Smith - Ubangi Stomp
      Freddie Hart - Snatch It and Grab It
      Stompin' Riff Raffs - Horror Show
      Rovin Gamblers - Do The Fly
      Brain Washington - LSD
      The Velvet Illusions - Acid Head
      Mad Plaids - Blood Rare
      Billy Storm and the Valiants - Screwdriver
      The Shimmys - Doctor Doctor
      The Jackets - Freak Out
      The Electric Chairs - Bad in Bed

Thanks for listening WEIRD OHS!

• June 23, 2012 2:21 AM CDT
    • Well look who's a lucky boy then!

• June 22, 2012 6:34 PM CDT
    • I just picked up the Excelsior, made by Fender.  Sounds real nice, an all-tube amp for $300, surprising loud for 13 watts, and it looks cool too!

• June 22, 2012 8:23 PM CDT
    • i think douchbagification is my new favorite word!  btw fun thread!

kopper said:

Damn, the douchebagification of country music contained in one music video.

• June 22, 2012 2:23 PM CDT
    • I can't get over that picture of them in the youtube link. How the fuck can anyone jump that high with a guitar.....coolest band ever

• June 22, 2012 1:48 PM CDT
    • Yeah, Live at Shelter is fantastic.

Tyler said:

Cool! I have the Live At Shelter cd and it rules.  It's awesome how they slightly get a little more out of tune as the show goes on.

• June 22, 2012 1:24 PM CDT
    • Look forward hearing it and getting it.

• June 22, 2012 1:47 PM CDT
    • Show #379: "Bands & Artists Starting With A, Part 7"

Every 3 weeks I do a series of shows I call the "Alphabetical Series" where I randomly draw a letter of the alphabet from a hat. Whatever letter I draw, I take all the bands and artists in my collection (from the 50's, 60's & 70's only) that start with that letter and play them in strict alphabetical order one by one until I run out of time. This week I drew the letter "A". This is the seventh time I've drawn the letter "A", so I will start from where I left off on show #6 (which was with Chico Arnez & His Latin American Orchestra). So, tune in tonight (Friday at 10:00pm EST) to hear 3 hours of bands and artists that start with "A" like: Eddy Arnold, P.P. Arnold, two different Arrows, Ars Nova, Art, Art Bears, The Art Collection, The Art Of Lovin', Art Zoyd, The Artesians, Arti & Mestieri, The Artwoods, Arzachel, 2 different Ascots, Ash, Ash Ra Tempel, The Ashes, Ashkan, Bob Ashley & The Reflections, Ashton Gardner & Dyke, Tony Ashton & Jon Lord, and many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• June 22, 2012 12:08 PM CDT
    • Dark Was the Night Cold Was the Ground by The Creatures of Golden Dawn. It'll change your life!!

• June 22, 2012 11:57 AM CDT
    • Saw them at least once in the late 70's here in London ontario at the Cedar Lounge...

They released a 7" EP back in about 1980 with the 'hit single'  Shoot Yourself, a classic guitar onslaught of raucous noise!! The song on the video you've linked, 'Can't Puke' is also on the 7".....

The 7" songs were released as part of the LP on Rave Up records outta Italy....the songs from the 7" are the BEST stuff they ever did!!!

Some of those guys are still in Windsor and you should be able to track them down.

• June 22, 2012 10:05 AM CDT
    • Ah... Thank yer kindly sir!