Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• June 9, 2012 1:15 AM CDT
    • Woman is Trouble by The Beguiled.

• June 8, 2012 8:13 PM CDT
    • Maybe I'm being too literal, but what about "All Women Are Bad" by the Cramps?

Also, anything by the Donnas.  Those girls were trouble!  I've always liked "It's on the Rocks."

We're over, I'm done
      Yeah, it's time to have some real fun
      So I'm callin' all my ladies
      We're gonna key your Mercedes

[Chorus]
      Well, you're the kinda guy
      Who needs attention around the clock
      Well you can't even talk
      'Cause baby, it's on the rocks
      Yeah, it's on the rocks
      Well it's me you gotta detox
      'Cause baby, it's on the rocks!

Your luvin's like a car crash
      You're gone and I got whiplash
      You're a stain I can't get out
      I tried bleach and I tried Shout!

I apologize for all the noise
      I just had to tell all the boys
      That you'd rather have a Mai Tai
      Then a tall glass of Bud Dry

[Chorus]

It's on the rocks
      (echo)It's on the rocks
      Yeah, it's on the rocks
      (echo)Yeah, it's on the rocks
      It's on the rocks
      (echo)It's on the rocks
      Baby, it's on the rocks

• June 9, 2012 1:09 AM CDT
    • YOU'RE RIGHT , i WON'T DEFEND TED NUGENT , BUT , TO SEE THAT THERE'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY  STORY , ONE IS ADVISED TO READ MICKEY LEIGH (NEE MITCH HYMAN , JOEY'S BROTHER.)'S BOOK , "I SLEPT WITH JOEY RAMONE". JOEY COULD BE A BULLY , TOO.

I FOUND A LOT OF JOHNNY'S BEHAVIOR ABHORRAL , BUT , I ALSO RECOMMEND "COMMANDO" , THE POSTHUMOUS AUTOBIOGRAPHY , REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU STAND..... THE RAMONES WOULD'NT HAVE MADE IT , EVEN AS FAR AS THEY DID , IF THEY WERE'NT  HYPER - DYSFUNCTIONAL , FOR WHATEVER REASON. THEY HAD TO START DYING TO BECOME SUPERSTARS. I'M SURE A LOT OF YOUNGER PEOPLE THINK THEY WERE HUGE. IN SOME COUNTRIES , THEY WERE. THEY RODE OUT INTO THE SUNSET ON THE LOLLAPALOOZA TOUR , BUT ,THEY WERE SUPPORTING METALLICA AND SOUNDGARDEN. THEY PROBABLY WERE'NT TOO HIGH ON THE BILL AT THE US FESTIVAL IN '82 , EITHER , AND PEOPLE THREW CRAP AT THEM. I DID'NT CARE IF THEY WERE DOING A BAD SHOW (LIKE THE LAST TIME I SAW THEM , BUT THE MONITORS WERE FUCKED , AND THEY COULD'NT HEAR EACH OTHER. OF COURSE , ALL ANYONE COULD THROW WAS PLASTIC CUPS , BUT , IF THEY DID'NT LIKE IT ,  NOONE WAS BLOCKING THE EXIT DOORS.), THEY HAD SO LONG SINCE EARNED OUR RESPECT, IT'S HILARIOUS AND TRAGIC IN ONE FELL SWOOP..

PEOPLE FEEL ENTITLED , EVEN WITH A BAND THAT WORKED THEIR BALLS OFF FOR OVER 20 YEARS.

G. Wood said:

Ted Nugebt is one of the biggest assholes on the planet. Recent quote--"Feminist, what's that? A fat pig who doesn't get enough?" I'm doing this from memory,so a few words might be wrong. That's just a sample of his idiocy. There's plenty more.

Anyway, I stopped listening to The Ramones after I found out that Johnny was a bully, manipulator, misogynist, woman beater, etc. (kind of like Nugent). Joey hated him, insomuch as his kind heart could hate.

John Battles said:

I know , a lot of people did'nt like their version of "Journey" , I did , but I did'nt like everything C.J. sang on. I think I liked him doing "My Back Pages" more....I know The Nuge said "Tell that kid he sang it with a lot of attitude". John Drake , who sang on the original , lives here in Chicago. He's a good cat. I've only ever seen him sing , once. He recently sat in with Ted , AND Derek St. Holmes. Now , I am 30 + years past caring about
       Ted's post - Amboy Dukes stuff , but , I would have gone to see that , if it was'nt , like $60.
      swt said:

I like Acid Eaters too. I'm a sucker for "Journey to the Center of the Mind."

Here's my review of Joey's latest solo record, which was published in the local newspaper. I've got mixed feelings about it, but there's more good stuff there than I thought there'd be

http://garagepunk.ning.com/group/recordreviews/forum/topics/terrell...

• June 8, 2012 8:13 PM CDT
    • As a kid, i remember reading that Johnny was the kindest of all the Ramones when it came to the fans.
       Johnny is my favourite Ramone. The guy was on the road in a van for 22 years with incredibly fucked up people, and was the main guy responsible for keeping it all together, and how the Ramones "sound" was executed was because of his guitar style, even over Tommys drum style. One of the funniest quotes I've ever heard is recently from Johnnys recent biography. It was along the lines of "Everyone thinks i was an asshole. I'm not an asshole...i just didn't like the people I was around". Can't argue that. Johnny Ramone rules. Joey and Dee Dee were not exactly saints either. If I stopped listening to a band because of how big of an asshole one of the members were, i'd have to rid 95% of my record collection :P
      G. Wood said:

Anyway, I stopped listening to The Ramones after I found out that Johnny was a bully, manipulator, misogynist, woman beater, etc. (kind of like Nugent). Joey hated him, insomuch as his kind heart could hate.

• June 8, 2012 5:12 PM CDT
    • Ted Nugebt is one of the biggest assholes on the planet. Recent quote--"Feminist, what's that? A fat pig who doesn't get enough?" I'm doing this from memory,so a few words might be wrong. That's just a sample of his idiocy. There's plenty more.

John Battles said:

I know , a lot of people did'nt like their version of "Journey" , I did , but I did'nt like everything C.J. sang on. I think I liked him doing "My Back Pages" more....I know The Nuge said "Tell that kid he sang it with a lot of attitude". John Drake , who sang on the original , lives here in Chicago. He's a good cat. I've only ever seen him sing , once. He recently sat in with Ted , AND Derek St. Holmes. Now , I am 30 + years past caring about
       Ted's post - Amboy Dukes stuff , but , I would have gone to see that , if it was'nt , like $60.
      swt said:

I like Acid Eaters too. I'm a sucker for "Journey to the Center of the Mind."

Here's my review of Joey's latest solo record, which was published in the local newspaper. I've got mixed feelings about it, but there's more good stuff there than I thought there'd be

http://garagepunk.ning.com/group/recordreviews/forum/topics/terrell...

• June 8, 2012 3:02 PM CDT
    • Records , you can buy and keep , or trade back . Beer , you can only rent.

Sorry , that's an old one. But , most of us probably remember where we were when we bought our first Ramones record. I cheated , I taped a couple from friends , but our school book store had record and tape sales , all cut -outs. I got "Rocket To Russia" and half of "It's Alive". On cassette. I had an early Walkman that sounded fantastic , and recorded beautifully , too.

Steve said:

That's about what I have to say on the matter. Pleasant Dreams.... and Subterranean Jungle. Hmm, Too Tough to Die also. I was introduced to the Ramones via Road to Ruin my sophomore year in high school (1978?) then worked back thru the previous three. I kept up thru Animal Boy before I started spending my money on beer instead of records. 

Fuzzmeister said:

Pleasant Dreams. Simply because it was full of great songs!

• June 8, 2012 11:10 PM CDT
    • YES I am on it. Captain Higgins. See ya.

• June 8, 2012 10:28 PM CDT
    • Not quite as retarded as claiming we're "stealing" from bands by playing their music on our podcasts or that we're "stealing" their songs by selecting them to be on the Hideout Comp Series, is it, Zoe? I mean, seriously, are YOU fucking for real?

Zoe von Doll said:

@Justin and @Sam, Last Fm is FREE, so why you are complaining about it at all is retarded.  Let alone things like photos of band lineup.  Are you fucking for real?  No one can "tag" their "stuff" as being "similar" to yours.

Sam Sinister said:

@Justin - It doesn't really work like that, the similar artists are determined by people's listening habits, and how they tag bands/songs. You basically have to find people on there who listen to bands that YOU think your band sounds like, and add them as friends, then ask them to listen to and tag your band. It's a huge pain in the ass.

As far as the photos go, I think you're pretty much screwed. Last.fm is all Wiki-based, so anyone can add whatever they want and it seems like there's very little moderation going on over there. 

Justin Scarred said:

Last.fm is currently the bane of my existence. The site is cool and the features are cool, but the similar artists for our band is all jacked and there's no way to fix it. Pretty frustrating, also frustrating to get them to delete the pictures when your lineup changes and stuff. 

I guess it's my fault for ignoring last.fm for the last four years. We used to be on a super extra-punk label and I guess a lot of bands who wanted to be on that label tagged their stuff as being similar to ours and it's not at all. Just as an example listen to this song and then click on any of the "similar artists" - apples to oranges.

Anyone else have their band's stuff up there? Have you ever had this problem? Right now we're trying to get our street team to "scrobble" so that this gets fixed, but they don't say how often they re-set the "similar artists" thingy

• June 8, 2012 9:35 PM CDT
    • That's an aussie friend of mine, he's still working on completing the Teisco page.  Right now he's collecting information.

• June 8, 2012 6:00 PM CDT
    • Old School Division; Hasil Adkins, King Unzebewicz, The Shaggs, Esqueritta, The Stooges, The Silver Apples

Old School Punk Division; Eater, The Germs (first cassette), Beastie Boys (first ep), DRI, The Mentors, Suicide

Neo Garage Division; Mummies, Bloodshot Bill, Deja Voodoo, Old Skull, Transylvania 5000

Psychobilly Division; King Kurt, Tenpole Tudor, Frenzy

• June 8, 2012 2:54 PM CDT
    • MORE PEOPLE USED TO SAY "60's Punk" Than they do , now , I think....But , that confused younger people living on a steady diet of HC or 70's Punk. The "Garage Punk Unknowns " tag did'nt confuse me , but , Warren started that series before the phrase began to mean more to people than 60's Punk or 80's bands trying to play it (Some succeeding.). I can see where it would throw people off , now , but the band photos made it pretty obvious what was inside. It was'nt like the "Ear - Piercing Punk" comp with the misleading 70's Punk graphics. It's a great 60's Garage collection. Warren made it clear that he dug the 70's Punk bands , but was selective about it. In the liners to "Grave 7" he stressed The Ramones' (Then understated) importance , and that he'd release rarities by The Lurkers , Users , Sex Pistols ,etc., if he could get the rights. I think his comps , then were a hardsell.

I heard putting"100% PSYCHOTIC REACTION" ON THE COVER OF A"GRAVE " COMP WAS HIS WAY OF APPEALING TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR , PEOPLE WHO'D ONLY HEARD ANY OF THIS STUFF ON OLDIES RADIO , BACK WHEN YOU COULD ACTUALLY HEAR "NUGGETS" TYPE SONGS  ON THOSE STATIONS , WHICH WAS'NT A BAD THING AT ALL .

• June 8, 2012 9:52 AM CDT
    • If only he included the word "and" between "garage" and "punk"...everything would be peachy keen!

kopper said:

I would pretty much completely agree with you, Tyler, except for the fact that Tim Warren screwed things up when he released "Garage Punk Unknowns" that was all '60s garage stuff. Bastard. No wonder we're confused!

• June 8, 2012 9:44 AM CDT
    • I would pretty much completely agree with you, Tyler, except for the fact that Tim Warren screwed things up when he released "Garage Punk Unknowns" that was all '60s garage stuff. Bastard. No wonder we're confused!

Tyler said:

Maybe i"m not old enough to have a real opinion on this (so none of this might not make any sense)...

But the only reason I can see someone calling a 60's band "garage punk" is because both the "garage" and "punk" terms have been associated retrospectively with those bands. Personally, I find lumping those two words together to describe a band FROM the 60's makes things really confusing when it is also used to describe a band like NewBombTurks.  For me, a band like say, the Seeds, is simply "60's punk" or "60's garage".

So, when I immediately think of the word "garage punk" I think of bands influenced by  60's punk AND the 70's sound....bands from the 80's to present who took influences from both "punk" eras, like the Rip Off records sound for example.
       At the same time though, I also think "garage punk" can be associated with specific bands from the late 70's punk era that were heavily influenced by 60's punk, like DMZ or the Saints....who at the same time, were also influenced by the  sound currently around them.

So in conclusion, when I see the word "punk" WITHIN the term "garage punk", I think of the  Post-Ramones Punk sound of the 70's.  When I see the word "garage" WITHIN the term "garage punk", it's referring to the garage rock (60's punk) sound of the 60's.

I can only do these  "hall of fame infamy" lists in my head if I go decade by decade.

ohn Battles said:

To most people , I think , Garage PUNK or Rock means a lot of things.

• June 8, 2012 8:05 AM CDT
    • Maybe i"m not old enough to have a real opinion on this (so none of this might not make any sense)...

But the only reason I can see someone calling a 60's band "garage punk" is because both the "garage" and "punk" terms have been associated retrospectively with those bands. Personally, I find lumping those two words together to describe a band FROM the 60's makes things really confusing when it is also used to describe a band like NewBombTurks.  For me, a band like say, the Seeds, is simply "60's punk" or "60's garage".

So, when I immediately think of the word "garage punk" I think of bands influenced by  60's punk AND the 70's sound....bands from the 80's to present who took influences from both "punk" eras, like the Rip Off records sound for example.
       At the same time though, I also think "garage punk" can be associated with specific bands from the late 70's punk era that were heavily influenced by 60's punk, like DMZ or the Saints....who at the same time, were also influenced by the  sound currently around them.

So in conclusion, when I see the word "punk" WITHIN the term "garage punk", I think of the  Post-Ramones Punk sound of the 70's.  When I see the word "garage" WITHIN the term "garage punk", it's referring to the garage rock (60's punk) sound of the 60's.

I can only do these  "hall of fame infamy" lists in my head if I go decade by decade.

ohn Battles said:

To most people , I think , Garage PUNK or Rock means a lot of things.

• June 8, 2012 5:24 PM CDT
    • Playlist June 7/2012

1. Purple Toads....Gonna Have A Good Time Tonight...from their self titled debut LP from 1986 on Star Records.

Above, Purple Toads at the Star Club, Oshawa Ontario, 1985. Stephen Wright is presently working on a book about The Purple Toads, here's a link to the facebook page for that:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426169034070584/

2. The Kards...Slow Down...from their debut CD, Here's The Deal.

3. The Skyhooks...You Just Like Me Cos I'm Good In Bed...from their 1975 LP, Ego Is Not A Dirty Word. OZ pre-punk/glam and they released at least a few LP's...this is probably my fave song by them. Sent this out to Steven R. Stunning, just because!

4. Patti Smith...25th Floor...live version from London (not sleepy London Ontario, the real one) from 2/28/78.

5. Eliza And The Strange...Lady Of The Night...from their recent debut LP. Halifax combo who changed their name to Bloody Diamonds.

6. Flying Squad...451...from their Come And Play cassette from 1988 and goes out to Ray Bradbury who just passed away. Now that we have a working cassette deck at CHRW, you're going to be hearing lots more cassettes and obscurities.

7. Standstills...Jesus...from their recent 7" on brown vinyl. 2 piece combo from Oshawa/London who we've had on air playing a session and for an interview not that long ago.

Above is The Standstills playing at Black Shire Pub, London Ontario.Sept 2008.

8. Persian Claws...Mysterious Mystery...from their self titled debut.

9. Johnny Terrien and the Bad Lieutenants....Enigma...from their recent split 7" with The Ponches.

10. Teenanger...Bank Account...from their recent LP, Frights on the Television Explosion label outta Toronto.

Above is Teenanger at Moon Over Marin, London Ontario, 6/27/10.

11. Osterberg...Without You...from their L'Osterberg CD and they will be playing this saturday at Call The Office along with local rockabilly combo, The Black Holes.

12. Shirley McLaines...Cigarette...from the latest Garagepunk Hideout CD, We Love Trash.

13. Painted Ship....Little White Lies...from Back From The Grave Volume 8 where there's a little write up on The Painted Ship that refers to an interview we did back in the 80's (in What Wave zine 20) with Capt William Hay, leader of The Painted Ship. This is the start of our Painted Ship tribute as we play all 4 sides of their 2 singles.

14. Painted Ship...Frustration...from Afterthought, The History of Vancouver's Rock'n'Roll.

15. Painted Ship...Audience Reflections.

16 Painted Ship...And She Said Yes....from Back From The Grave Volume 8. This is the song that inspired this tribute, as Capt Hay mentioned to me that The Lyres might be playing this when i was going to see them last weekend. Talked to Monoman at the show and he said no, the song was too difficult to get the vocals down right, so they weren't going to do it that night. Talked to Monoman's backup band, Crummy Stuff and they said they had the music down and might attempt it themselves at a future show.

17. Painted Ship....Minstrel Man...unreleased courtesy of Captain William Hay.

18. The Worst...You've Been Laughing...demo that Capt William Hay produced (and wrote) that our good pal, Greg Johnson (RIP) sang on.

19. The Cynics...And She Said Yes...from their Get Our Way CD 1994.

20. The Chesterfield Kings...Little White Lies...from their 1982 debut LP, and this was the first place that I heard this song....and have loved it ever since!

21.The Morlocks...Dirty Red....from their Easy Listening For The Underachiever LP on Go Down Records from 2008. Some have said that Leighton Koizumi got his vocal style from listening to The Painted Ship...

Above is Leighton in action at Wooly Weekend in Montreal, Aug 2009...these guys were KILLER live and it was great to finally see The Morlocks after all the years.

22. catl...Get Outta My Car...from their latest CD, Soon This Will All Be Gone.

23. Orie Hitt Machine...Wheel Of Quivering Meat....demo, from a crazed London combo.

24. The Hook Up...Man Who Called Up The Devil...from the soon to be released CD Call Up The Devil.

Above, The Hook Up, Nov 5/2011 at Brennan's Beer Bistro in London Ontario.

26. The Fridge Magnets...Hypodermic Beach...from a 1989 demo from this west coast of Canada combo.

That's it for this week, thanx for the phone-ins, emails, facebook messages and Heys!! See ya next week.

Here's the podcasts, up for one week only:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1800.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1830.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

• June 8, 2012 5:08 PM CDT
    • I thought Johan Kugleberg did something about rare glam in Ugly Things but I could be imagining that. I don't have any of the issues with me right now.

Duke Of Earl said:

Oh btw briard/pelle miljoona isnt realy glam, just brought it up because it was hanoi related. Makes me wonder now about any good unheard glam bands/albums. I fear that many of the bands aping that style may have been more toned down like baycityrollers stuff, not sleazy or gender bending enough to be all that amazingly glammy.    

• June 8, 2012 4:29 PM CDT
    • Oh btw briard/pelle miljoona isnt realy glam, just brought it up because it was hanoi related. Makes me wonder now about any good unheard glam bands/albums. I fear that many of the bands aping that style may have been more toned down like baycityrollers stuff, not sleazy or gender bending enough to be all that amazingly glammy.   

Duke Of Earl said:

BRIARD, yeah. Miss World CD with bonus track is really good. Better than Pelle. They re-pressed a Briard 45 too. All Finnish imports though Im afraid. 
      John Battles said:

Thank , Thank , Thank , Thank you Duke , Duke Duke , Duke of Earl...

There's a short interview with  Brett Smiley , by Greg Prevost , in the new Ugly Things....I did'nt know his proposed album was finally released in '03. I thought he was dead , but , then I found out he's still in NYC , PERFORMING WHEN HE'S PHYSICALLY ABLE (HE HAS HIV , BUT , NOT FULL BLOWN AIDS) ..... Well , of course , "Schlong Rock" would have to start with Black Oak Arkansas , then Iggy Pop , in general ,and , well , I don't go around lookin' at 'em too much , to tell the truth. GPH member and Battlefraynt , James Porter , interviewed Syl Sylvain , and had the nuts to ask him "Did you and Johnny stuff for that picture onthe backof the first Dolls ALBUM?" , TO WHICH HE REPLIED "DID WE STUFF?! JOHNNY WAS ITALIAN , AND I'M JEWISH ! OF COURSE WE DID'NT STUFF !!!". THERE YA GO.  Syl also told me a cop confronted Johnny , because he was wearing that same red leather suit in that photo. The Policeman thought Johnny had a bag of POT down his pants, when he saw the lengthy protrusion , and demanded that he take his pants off . "AH AIN'T GAAHHT NO UNDAWEAH !!!" , PROTESTED THUNDERS. THE COP SAID , DROP 'EM , JUST THE SAME . AND BOY , WAS HE SORRY HE DID ! He probably can't even look at the elephants in the zoo , anymore .

Briard? was that Andy and Michael Monroe's early band? I heard they were great , bu t, I've never actually heard them

Duke Of Earl said:

Schlong rock, hahah. It be neat if anyone could comprise a list of top10 schlongrock bands, and also the defining qualities seperating "butt" from said "schlong"rock genre.

Glad Im reminded that blackie lawless was in Kane band. Might have forgot about that one. Wasp was definately schlong-metal Id say.

You sure have a brilliant mind for details John. I enjoy reading your posts. Apparently Peter Frampton was the guitarist on Jobriaths debut I read. Funny to see the Jobriath vids. Cracks me up. I kinda liked Jobriath though. Damn entertaining. 

What are the best underated/unknown UK Glam acts. All kinds sprang up in the mid 70s. Im curious to find more Brett Smiley material, like how do you get the tune cherry hookers. I also wonder about his band vice.

Andy Mccoy s band briard I thought was a punk gem as well. Tuff to the songs from the other finnish album he did pre-hanoi. Still searching it out(no home internet which which makes this quite the task) .Theres some fuzzy youtube vids though.

John Battles said:

i WAS THINKING THE SAME THING....Not Metal , but Hard Rock. I'm certainly not a fan (Tho' David Lee's book is HILARIOUS.), But , I'd never call them Glam
      .... Glam was over by the time VH's first LP came out (Early '78?). Whoever was still around from that era had moved on to other things , or reworked their sound , drastically ( "Love is Like Oxygen " , while a good song , is miles removed from "Hellraiser" or 'Ballroom Blitz". Of course , David Lee Roth got his schtick from Jim Dandy , so maybe , instead of , or along with , "Butt Rock" , we should call it "Schlong ROCK"..

Joanie Lindstrom said:

Not at all IMHO.  I'd say hard rock.

• June 8, 2012 3:25 PM CDT
    • Show #377: "(Early) Father's Day Special"

Every 3 weeks I leave an open slot to do random themes and whatnot. This week I'm doing an early Father's Day theme. Father's Day falls on Sunday the 17th, however WSCA's pledge drive is next week, so I figured I'd celebrate fathers this week. All songs involve fathers, daddies and dads. So tune in tonight to hear my early Father's Day special and hear songs about daddy by bands and artists like: Queen, The Wind In The Willows, Iveys, The Humblebums, Chicory Tip, Bo Diddley, The Trashmen, The Turtles, Groundhogs, Golden Earrings, The Nice, The Mothers Of Invention, Cat Stevens, Manfred Mann, The Who, Yes, Circus, Can, The Beach Boys, Fire, Styx and many many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• June 8, 2012 2:19 PM CDT
    • Here's some of the 60s acts I've seen that have been GREAT:

? & the Mysterians (every time was amazing and a religious experience)
      The Monks
      The Sonics
      The Wailers
      The Trashmen
      Thee Ambertones
      Mark & the Escorts
      Thee Midniters (when they have Little Willie G)
      The Downliners Sect (a religious experience for me)
      Rudy Ray Moore playing his 50s R&B stuff
      The Premiers
      The Heartbreakers (60s East LA band)
      Richard Berry (does he count? Was AWESOME when I saw him in the early 90s)
      The Sloths
      The Alarm Clocks

Awful:

The Standells in the late 80s/early 90s
      Sky Saxon (in the early 2000s)
      Shadows of Knights
      Strawberry Alarm Clock

• June 8, 2012 1:38 PM CDT
    • I'd say it all depends, the one thing I really don't like though are the 'old farts' who remember what they like from back in the day and won't accept that things have often moved on from then. So whenever they have something to say about a new style it's negative because it isn't what they like and whenever a new band plays a style they do like they say "What's the point when I can listen to the original." I'm not sure whether such people actually like music as they claim or simply hate it while pursuing a hobby.

The problem is that these purist types are always trumped by purists from the musical wave that preceded them.

• June 8, 2012 11:38 AM CDT
    • What's AARP?

Alison said:

For all the old "farts":

• June 8, 2012 11:32 AM CDT
    • Facebook is killing everything.