Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• March 15, 2012 1:34 AM CDT
    • Led Zeppelin's "Living Loving Maid"...With a purple umbrella and a fix in her hand

• March 15, 2012 1:13 AM CDT
    • Good stuff. Keep 'em coming. A frequently misheard lyric came from Jethro Tulls ' "Aqualung" - "Spitting out pieces of his broken LUNG."...... I SWEAR  IT WAS'NT ME , A VERY BEAVISLIKE JR. HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND SAID TED NUGENT'S "Cat Scratch Fever " went "Well , I grabbed some pussy fur , put some Skoal in my hand !".

• March 13, 2012 11:05 PM CDT
    • My cousin thought Billy Idol's "Eyes without a face" was "How's about a date".

• March 15, 2012 1:29 AM CDT
    •  Check out the new episodes of Beavis and Butthead. They've got to be the best , ever , but , the videos are Sooooooo %#$@!!! BAD .

• March 15, 2012 1:25 AM CDT
    •  Who here knows "Timothy" by The Bouys ? Early 70 schmaltz - rock....Inoffensive , even written by Rupert Holmes ("The Pina Colada Song").....BUT , the almost unintelligible lyrics prove to be about three guys who get trapped in a mine. Their rescue is slow in coming. Their water supply is running short ,and there's no food. So , two of the Miners decide to eat Timothy , the more passive of the three. When the news of the lyrics got around , the song became a morbid fluke hit....Like Bloodrock's "D.O.A." , also a hit around that time....

"Timothy" was surely the first hit song about cannibalism , unless you want to count " Purple People Eater " , and you probably would'nt. The only band that I know of that covered "Timothy" was The Nervebreakers , who now own SXSW.

• March 14, 2012 9:27 PM CDT
    • Could not agree more!!

Eric Severstad said:

• March 13, 2012 9:34 PM CDT
    • ROIR cassette by Bad Brains 

• March 14, 2012 9:23 PM CDT
    • Gun to your head, what garage album would you pick to be the greatest of all time? (from any era, but not including comps).

I guess it's obvious, but I'd have to go with The Sonics - Boom

• March 14, 2012 9:17 PM CDT
    • Damn straight.

Glenn Prangnell said:

The Beatles are up there. Everyone else is down there.

• March 14, 2012 7:52 PM CDT
    • Listen to the clash/london calling. nuf ced.

• March 14, 2012 5:55 PM CDT
    • OK, thanks for the help, guys. We finally got it worked out and everything's been finalized for this volume. I should have it all packaged up and ready to ship off to Fran for mastering tomorrow. Right now I'm shooting for an April 16 release date, although I may move that up if Fran gets it mastered quickly. I'll keep everyone posted. This is gonna be a trashy one, though!

• March 14, 2012 10:20 AM CDT
    • I've got a highway one P Bass in Honey Blonde. It's a great bass. They stopped making them already! Hold on to it, you got a rare one.

The Archers said:

Yup! Best bass I've had so far.

John Carlucci said:

Is that a Highway One Jazz Bass in Honey Blonde BTW?

• March 14, 2012 8:35 AM CDT
    • we started out as a two piece in trash space outfits, then we changed to a 4 piece in kaftans...

• March 13, 2012 1:48 PM CDT
    • Aww hell you need t make a show or you may as well sit at home with a CD. Personally I favour stockings and suspenders while the rest of the band gets waxed/rubbered/pvc'd up. I got a few sweat drenched fur coats too... 

• March 14, 2012 5:37 AM CDT
    • If it's gonna be whatever in Europe, I'll do whatever is needed to help out, haha. To even be more fictional, if it's in the US I'll be there to work on it too - if someone flies my ass over there (...and the rest of myself too, of course).

• March 13, 2012 8:16 PM CDT
    • Bazza ...were you on the Paul Weller discussion page about 4 years back?

• March 13, 2012 4:29 PM CDT
    • Bobby

35, Living in Pittsburgh, Pa (USA) 

listened to metal until I was @12 or 13 when a friend turned me on to the Misfits, Agnostic Front, 7 Seconds etc... It was all downhill from there... 

The Cramps really turned me to a life of sin at a young age... I have lived for booze, drugs (gave these up because of the junkies I had to spend time with), sin, & rock & roll ever since... 

Got married in Jamaica to a super hot punk girl, too much of living the life led to several minor arrests, her putting guns in my face on a regular basis, getting held hostage by a local crazy, etc...

After a nervous breakdown (I noticed somebody else mentioned this happening also) I'm back on the mend these days.  I lost a 20 year record collection, all my guitars & clothes... Recently got a new turntable, started my record collection over (it sucked losing it, but it really is fun starting a better one.)

Started school to become a machinist last week & it's great, been writing songs again & waiting to see what state/city I land in next to start a new rock & roll band.

As far as my music taste these days, anything on Voodoo Rhythm, everything I heard from Burger Records, everything I have heard from Douchemaster Records, Get Hip, Velocity of Sound... Big Nobunny fan, big Spits fan, really into punk, oi, old rock & roll, r&B, doowop, Mark Sultan, 60's garage & psyche (off the top of my head.)

Probably way too much info, but I blame that on the medication & the booze...

Cheers kiddies!

• March 13, 2012 1:56 PM CDT
    • Awww hells, hello.

I'm Dick Venom, of 'Dick Venom & the Terrortones' We got told about this place and told t get on board. Must say - I do like the place.

Well, we play UltraSonic FuckerPhonic GatorBaitin SleazeGarage Psychobilly. Ya gettin wet yet? We howl an prowl and sweat UK wide just t give you the filth we reckon ya fancy. Wanna take a looksie?
      http://www.youtube.com/terrortones

Look forward t meetin yawl properly

Dick out!

• March 13, 2012 1:09 PM CDT
    • A.) I had never heard the creeps or the mourning after, so I looked them up after reading this, and I'd just like to say thank you for mentioning those, because I dig them both.

B.) Have you heard the 13th Floor Elevators?

• March 13, 2012 2:58 PM CDT
    • Any one know how to get the pushin too hard solo fuzz tone???

• March 13, 2012 2:16 PM CDT
    • My fella and I are planning to attend this festival this year. Neither of us had heard of it until i stumbled across it while looking for upcoming shows by Rachel Brooke (who is pretty awesome, by the way, if you haven't heard of her. She did an album with Lonesome Wyatt of Those Poor Bastards that I dig. She also recently recorded a song with our friends' band Fifth on the Floor for their second album.)

I also hadn't heard of several of the bands on the line up, so after lots of youtube searching, I was about ten times more excited about our tickets than I was to begin with. I thought it would be a good link to pass along to fellow fans of the genre(s).

http://www.muddyrootsmusic.com/festival.html