Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• March 8, 2012 3:28 PM CST
    • Thats Sean Connery in the middle and Pavarotti on his right. Who's that holding the bass?

The Archers said:

I love masked bands and bands in uniforms, etc.. 
      My other band, Skurkarna, is a "instro-crime-rock" outfit.. this is what we look like:

..and this is what we sound like:

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/SKURKARNA

http://facebook.com/SKURKARNA

SQUARES BEWARE!

• March 8, 2012 3:47 PM CST
    • In order [this is vinyl only, CDs are in too much of a disorganised state to search through!]:

THE WHO [19 LPs, 1 12", 22 7"s]

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS [13 LPs, 19 7"s - 9 of which are You're Gonna Miss Me variants]

JOY DIVISION [10 LPs, 7 12"s, 12 7"s]

THE FALL [only 1 LP & 12" lotsa CDs, 18 7"s]

VELVET UNDERGROUND [13 LPs, 2 7"s]

• March 8, 2012 3:08 PM CST
    • Impressive pics! Couldn't see the Japanese 'Neat Neat Neat' though....!!

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 8, 2012 9:47 AM CST
    • Probaly the misfits they put so much shit out!!!

• March 8, 2012 7:56 AM CST
    • I'm just jealous of course...

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Hey, that's a real plus, you lucky punk !!!

Brother Panti-Christ said:

I think I own more records from Beat-Man (The Monsters, Lightning Beat-Man, Reverend Beat-Man) than anything in my collection. I think the plus there is he gives them to me... ;)

• March 8, 2012 7:54 AM CST
    • Hey, that's a real plus, you lucky punk !!!

Brother Panti-Christ said:

I think I own more records from Beat-Man (The Monsters, Lightning Beat-Man, Reverend Beat-Man) than anything in my collection. I think the plus there is he gives them to me... ;)

• March 8, 2012 7:51 AM CST
    • I think I own more records from Beat-Man (The Monsters, Lightning Beat-Man, Reverend Beat-Man) than anything in my collection. I think the plus there is he gives them to me... ;)

• March 8, 2012 7:48 AM CST
    • Guitar Wolf = Best band ever !!!

I guess you don't really need the "Golden Black" compilation then...unless you're a freaky collector !  

And what about "Dead Rock" and "Spacebattleshiplove" ? 

You don't like the new line-up ?

Pat said:

Well that's not a really expensive collection, i'll try to post a photo but i remember so far :

Wolf Rock! LP (Goner Records, 1993, 1Gone)
      Missile Me! CD (Matador, 1995, OLE-219-1/2)
      Planet Of The Wolves LP(Matador, 1997, OLE-248-1/2)
      Jet Generation LP (Matador, 1999, OLE-333-1/2)
      Rock'n'roll Etiquette CD (Narnack, 2000, NCK7022)
      UFO Romantics LP (Narnack Records, 2002, NCK 7001)
      Loverock CD (Narnack Records, 2004, NCK 7020)

Guitar Wolf / Shutdown 66 slipt 45

Wild Zeros DVD !

I realize i have to find the LP of all the GW cd's i have !

Alex said:

That's a pretty tough and expensive collection.  Any photos?

Pat said:

Guitar Wolf i guess...

• March 8, 2012 7:37 AM CST
    • Pretty damned solid collection Mike !!!

Being myself quite obsessed by The Damned (and late 70s UK punk in general) in my teens, I think I may own one or two vinyls I can't see on these cool pix. 

In the 45 category, I'm thinking about a pink (vinyl is pink, cover is the generic Stiff records black cover) 7" edition of "Don't cry Wolf"/"One way Love"; another 7 " (a bootleg) called "Something Weird" (ltd edition of 200) from around 1986 I believe featuring live renditions of "L.A. woman", "Just can't be happy today" and "Lively Arts".

Oh, and my "Eloise" 7" has a slightly different cover.

In the LP section, I have also a picture vinyl of "Damned Damned Damned"; a simple edition of the "Black Album" (minus the "Curtain Call" platter) with a plain black cover; a few compilations ("Another great record from the Damned", "Light at the end of the tunnel"...) and a few live bootlegs ("Too much to drink in Southend", "Ballroom Blitz").

And I have to say, it's the 2nd time only I see that (bootleg) 7" version of "Love song"/"Burglar" (2nd pic, top right). The 1st copy I've met, decades ago, is in my living room now, partying hard with its happy waxen companions. 

Cheers !!!

Mike said:

The Damned followed by the Ramones. Mostly because they both have released so many damned (get it?) records and 7" sleeve variations etc etc that sucker a collector nerd like me to buy. No picture of me, but a set a photos I'd snapped for another forum. I have to give credit though to an old friend who sold me his entire Damned 7" collection back in the 80's. I knew it hurt him, but he knew it was going to a good home. That's where a good chunk of my Damned and Capt. Sensible singles came from.

• March 8, 2012 6:58 AM CST
    • Tom Waits, JSBX, Pussy Galore, The Cramps, Killing Joke...all hugely influential to me.

• March 8, 2012 5:04 AM CST
    • The Cramps,shack shakers,horton heat,Kenny Burrell...........

• March 8, 2012 3:12 PM CST
    • True...WAS an interesting dynamic with all the unsuspecting tourists.

Elisha G said:

Ugh I hope not. I have a funny letter to send Michelle actually. But the whole boat?!?!?!? I think my liver might die. Also I really liked the funny interactions with tourists. 

• March 8, 2012 3:00 PM CST
    • Ugh I hope not. I have a funny letter to send Michelle actually. But the whole boat?!?!?!? I think my liver might die. Also I really liked the funny interactions with tourists. 

• March 8, 2012 1:33 PM CST
    • I second that!  Was a blast and would definitely go again as long as they keep the band line-ups strong.  Be sure to Michelle and Jonas your feedback.  Just might get the whole boat next year...

Elisha G said:

OK the experience as a whole was AMAZING. I was seasick for like at least a week after afterwards, but it was totally worth the money. I mean it was a rock n roll tropical adventure... does it get any better?

• March 8, 2012 9:30 AM CST
    • no !!

it sails around venice for 5h ! (not enough beers at the end)

last year we were playing right at the moment when fireworks were shots from the town during a beyonce or shakira show for a indian millionnaire wedding !

Mongrel Zine said:

Pat said:

this one was great too :

http://www.guiltyboat.org/

The Guilty Boat didn't actually set sail though did it? It was just a party on an anchored boat, I thought. (There's a funny photo of Khan at the Guilty Boat party in our MZ Best Of issue.)

Being stuck on a cruise ship is probably one of my biggest fears but the Bruise Cruise actually sounds kinda fun. I liked their Rob Corradetti-designed split 7"s from last year. I wonder if they'll release more this year?

• March 8, 2012 3:01 PM CST
    • 80-96 by The Dantes?

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

What's 80-96.  Also kudos to adding Stolen Moments to this list as it's such an overlooked song.  You're list looks like one I would have written (but we never did get around to playing these though because my band thought they were TOO well known).

• March 8, 2012 2:58 PM CST
    • Seeds maybe [although Out Of The Question and Evil Hoodoo are smart] but Prunes?? Surely not...?

Axel Björnsson said:

The Seeds and Electric Prunes have always been so mediocrity for me. You can find way better 60's tunes than these gentlemen were doing..

• March 8, 2012 2:54 PM CST
    • Appreciate the kind words fellas, much appreciated!

Mark George Harrison said:

Wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Tea!

• March 8, 2012 2:41 PM CST
    • Wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Tea!

• March 8, 2012 11:43 AM CST
    • Damaged Goods is a good label, as I'm listening to Billy Childish right now. More specifically, his garage version of "Are Friends Electric?"

• March 8, 2012 11:27 AM CST
    • y a qui dessus ?

buy my carpet said:

And a new record label in Paris ... "Mauvaise foi records".

• March 8, 2012 7:12 AM CST
    • And a new record label in Paris ... "Mauvaise foi records".

• March 8, 2012 9:53 AM CST
    • What artist do you wish you had more by? Maybe you were born too young
      Or you discovered them too late. For me it has to be the mummies they released so much stuff on limited quantities.