Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• March 28, 2011 3:26 PM CDT
    • What did you think of the venue?  It's one of my favorites.

Ken said:

I happened to be in town to visit my Girlfriend's family and caught this show. I agree... It was great!

• March 28, 2011 2:15 PM CDT
    • I happened to be in town to visit my Girlfriend's family and caught this show. I agree... It was great!

• March 28, 2011 12:01 PM CDT
    • They must have played for over an hour that night (I kind of lost track of the time), and they played some great new songs from their forthcoming LP, which I was told may be released next month (but don't quote me on that).  The band was just on fire that night.

I'll have some pictures later on, and if anyone here is interested in a live recording of the show, please let me know.

• March 28, 2011 7:14 AM CDT
    • I'm flying with my gal to NYC for 6 days in june, i'm looking for some cool and cheap places to stay ? any advice ? do you think it's better to get a hotel in brooklyn ??

i got no touristic plan yet except going to records shop !

thanks

• March 25, 2011 10:41 AM CDT
    •  

!!UNDERGROUND!!  !!!!!!!!POW!!!!!!!!!

PRESENTS:

A FUCKLOAD OF GREAT ROCK 'N' ROLL ALL NIGHT LONG !!!!

AN ALL NIGHT DANCE CRAZED ROCK 'N' ROLL PARTY

ROCK 'N' ROLL - BLUES - PUNK - GARAGE - SOUL

LIVE SHOW +

DANCE AFTER-PARTY

FEATURING:

CLICK HERE - FACEBOOK PUBLIC EVENT LINK

THE DEAD EXS - www.myspace.com/thedeadexs
      A jet fueled stomp worthy 2 piece Blues Garage band
      w/ elements of Punk 'n' Psych!!!
      BLUES / GARAGE / PUNK

THE THUNDERFUCKS - www.myspace.com/thunderfux
      Rock 'n' Roll meets Rockabilly & Punk in an explosive recipe
      with an emphasis on OUT OF COUNTROL performance!!!
      ***Debut Show for Charlie V's new Rock 'n' Roll project
      with members from The Stalkers & Turbo ACs!!!!
      ROCKABILLY / GARAGE / PUNK

BROWNBIRD RUDY RELIC - www.myspace.com/brownbirdr udyrelic
      One of the most moving one man acts around blending the
      raw sounds of the Blues, R&B, & Soul into well . . . you'll
      just have to find out for yourself!!!
      ACOUSTIC HOLLER BLUES

DJ DREW REDMOND - Garage Soul Garage DJ extraordinaire, joining us from Home Sweet Home SHAKIN' DOWN UNDER w/ NYNT Jonathan Toubin himself. Founder of the wild party Friskey Whiskey Tuesdays!!!

DJ CHARLES GASKINS - Owner of Killer Diller Records (NYC)
      Garage / Punk / Rock 'n' Roll Label & founder of HULLABALOO with a record collection that'll knock you off your FUCKIN' FEET!!!

THE SUFFOLK
      107 Suffolk (between Delancey & Rivington)
      A brand spankin' new venue with a huge dance floor / performance space with a bar / lounge area w/ plush leather booths and cool 60s decor all over!!! A renovated school turned Rock 'n' Roll Bar & Venue!!! TALK ABOUT ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!

So excited to bring this venue on the map for our great Rock 'n' Roll Scene Boys & Girls! I know you'll LOVE the space!!!

OPEN BAR PBR
      10PM - 11PM
      DON'T MISS OUT ON THE DOUBLE FISTING OF THIS FINE BREW!!!

$3 at the door
      1/3 OF THE DOOR GOES TO JAPAN RED CROSS RELIEF!!!!

SCHEDULE
      9:30PM - DOORS

9:30PM - 10PM DJ MICHAEL LEVINE

10PM - 11PM OPEN BAR (PBR BEER)

10PM BROWNBIRD RUDY RELIC

10:30PM - 11PM DJ CHARLES GASKINS

11PM THE DEAD EXS

11:30PM - MIDNIGHT DJ DREW REDMOND

MIDNIGHT THE THUNDERFUCKS

1AM - 4AM GARAGE SOUL DANCE PARTY w/ DJs
      Charles Gaskins Michael Levine & Drew Redmond

WE'RE GONNA BE ROCKIN' ALL NIGHT LONG TO BANDS & DJS. THERE'LL BE PLENTY OF MISBEHAVIN' AND TAIL SHAKIN' ALL THE WAY TILL LAST CALL!!! SO GET YOUR DANCIN' SHOES & BOOZE DRINKIN' FACE READY!!!!

• March 17, 2011 7:27 PM CDT
    • New DJ Night at The Dive. Every 4th Weds. 

UP YOURS! with Dianca London

Femme Fatale New Wave, Punk, Garage Punk, Blues, Rock.. and whatever else our dirty little minds decide to dish out. 

WEDS. MARCH 23RD. 

THE DIVE:

947 E. Passyunk Ave. Phila PA

Coming at your the last Tuesday of the month. Horizontal Action: Punk, Garage, Garage Punk, PowerPop, Blues, Hardcore, Rockabilly.. shit from 66, 77, 88, 99, 00s... Come check it out. Yours truly spinning/mp3ing/drinking.. and so  on.

THE DIVE Phila PA

• March 7, 2011 6:52 PM CST
    • We're looking for a singer, keys, and drums (ESPECIALLY DRUMS!) for a nerd-oriented garage punk band. Should be interested in scifi, fantasy, horror, movies, TV, comics, video games, &/or RPGs. Band experience is not important! Enthusiasm is!

Prefer over 30yo, or don't mind playing with others who are. MUST be over 21.

We're located in Long Beach, CA.

Must be available for a couple of hours practice on weekends. We've got families, jobs, and lives that sometimes get in the way of superstardom, so, no long hours of practice.

If you want to be famous and make a lot of money, this is the wrong band for you. But if you want to have fun, write & play original music, and eventually embarrass yourself in public....WELCOME!

• March 2, 2011 5:51 PM CST
    • BARE WIRES

THE MANXX

SAUNA

at the Larimer Lounge 

Monday, March 7th

YEAH~!

• March 2, 2011 11:57 AM CST
    • meh! Not really, its a pain in the tits to be honest. Still need a drummer. 

Tight White Jeans said:

Any success yet? Sounds fun.

• March 2, 2011 11:54 AM CST
    • Any success yet? Sounds fun.

• February 21, 2011 7:47 PM CST
    • Dark reverb drenched minor chords, echo swells, nasty fuzz and farfisa.

No interest in mod/r&b happy go lucky shit. Just the the sinister psychedelic darker side of mid to late 60's Garage punk.

We have a studio in Brooklyn close to the G & L.

• February 22, 2011 8:49 PM CST
    • Michael, Sounds like something our band would be interested in. Feel free to reach ut to us at foolsonsunday@yahoo.com

• February 22, 2011 8:12 PM CST
    • Hey, my name is Michael Levine and I DJ a garage/punk night every Wednesday on the Lower East Side at a venue called 'The Suffolk.'  We've done shows on occasion in the past but are now really trying to put together a regular schedule of live music.  I've wanted for years to put together a weekly night (or more!) of live garage and, well, I've just been given the opportunity to do, so if you're in a band, or know any that would be interested in playing, please get in touch!  Basically, the shows take place in a large gallery adjacent to a bar.  We've got a drum kit, amps, pa, etc - I can send a full list if you like.  We also give bands the choice of charging at the door and keeping that, or taking 15% of the bar - whatever you think works best for you.  As I said, I'm there every Wednesday, but we can do shows pretty much any night of the week - and actually our first open dates are next Thurs/Fri (Feb 24/25) if anyone is available.  So, I'm very excited to make this happen - so long overdue! Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Michael

• February 20, 2011 7:39 PM CST
    • A good friend of mine has just finished mastering her third CD.  www.babsmartin.com  We are located in Oklahoma, and she was asking me if I knew of any venues she could perform in to promote her new Album.  I figured this was a good place to ask.  Her music is best described as "Psychedelic American Roots Rock."  I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks! Mike

• February 14, 2011 10:56 AM CST
    • Alabama's own dirty surf/garage combo will be making it's Nashville debut this Saturday, February 19th at The Springwater Supper Club. Joining us will be Fancytramp and Dirty Dee and the Sweaty Meat. If you are in the mood for some reverb-drenched mayhem and madness, be sure to come check this show out. We could not be more excited about making the trip up to Nashville. Help us make it a weekend to remember.

• February 12, 2011 2:03 AM CST
    • my name is brian and i book at the Funhouse.

i loves garage shit.

email me at MyFatAssproductions@yahoo.com and i'd love to make this work.

• February 3, 2011 11:53 PM CST
    • Nice photos Mike. Tell me about the lighting. Are they all available lighting or did you have one of those remote flashes on some of those shots? They al look great. Caught him the week before at Alex's. Great show there too.

• January 27, 2011 1:37 AM CST
    • Ty Segall at the Echo tomorrow (the 27th)

• February 3, 2011 11:12 AM CST
    • If any of you on this group are in the Birmingham or Montgomery, Alabama areas, be sure to check out these two upcoming dates of instrumental mayhem...

Thursday, February 3rd...the Bottletree in B'ham, AL...Daikaiju, Kill,Baby...Kill! and King Carnivore

Friday, February 4th...Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL...Daikaiju and Kill,Baby...Kill!

• January 31, 2011 9:03 AM CST
    • I just wanted to throw out a bit of shameless promotion. Kill,Baby...Kill! will be making out Nashville debut on February 19th at The Springwater Supper Club. Joining us will be Fancytramp and some others that have yet to be decided. We know almost no one in Nashville so it would be great to see some of the members of this board out there.

Kill,Baby...Kill!

www.myspace.com/killbabykill

• January 24, 2011 12:09 PM CST
    • Thanks, Mr. Thursday!  I'll contact her right away.

Mal Thursday said:

You might be able to get on a garage bill at Sue Davis's place, Counter Culture. I live in an apartment, so I won't be hosting any shows.

• January 24, 2011 10:48 AM CST
    • You might be able to get on a garage bill at Sue Davis's place, Counter Culture. I live in an apartment, so I won't be hosting any shows.

• January 23, 2011 11:15 AM CST
    • Hey, everyone!

This is V.V. Delambre from Beware The Dangers Of A Ghost Scorpion! writing to ask you Austin folks out there if you or any of your pals plan to throw some musical house parties during SXSW week.  Our March tour lines up with the festival and we'll be in ATX between March 16 and 18.  So far, we've got an afternoon show at the awesome Parlor on North Loop on Wednesday the 16th, but we're still looking for stuff to do and places to rock.  We're a Boston band now, but we're Texas expats.  2 of us are from Denton and one North Austin native. 

We'd be more than happy to set up some East Coast shows with any Austin bands that might be able to help us out with finding a party to crash!  We're tailor-made for this kind of ordeal...we don't even need a PA!  Swing by my page to check out some tunes and videos and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

V.V.D., BTDOAGS!

• January 21, 2011 10:08 PM CST
    • Hey yeah I still want to do a band.  Been working on a one man band lately but it is easier to rock with some help. I saw a cool local band called Spankin' Fresh. They were really great live. 

Thee Ms. Stixx - Elisa said:

I still want to rock!!! Hope all is well, working a regular job now and starved for jam/rock/general musical psychoticness.....let me know what's up with you.  Elisa