Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• October 13, 2010 12:06 PM CDT
    • Say a hypothetical band is looking to replace their hypothetical drummer.  Are their any candidates out there who might be interested, hypothetically?

• October 13, 2010 9:55 AM CDT
    • THIS Sunday? As in October 17?

Damn, I'd love to... but I just don't think it'd be possible. Weekends are just too busy in the fall (esp. with two kids).

• October 12, 2010 7:29 PM CDT
    • Are they on Goner? What label these days?
      thanks

• October 12, 2010 3:43 PM CDT
    • Per Eric/Goner, he saw only one other U.S. date. Not sure where.

• October 12, 2010 3:25 PM CDT
    • Great idea, but it's a bit far for me to join in the carpool.
      Does anyone have a list of their tour dates in the states?
      I was wondering if they were coming to the Detroit area.

• October 12, 2010 1:35 PM CDT
    • They're playing at the Hi-Tone this Sunday.  Anyone from StL or otherwise?

• October 13, 2010 9:38 AM CDT
    • Anyone in the garage in FL want to meet up Oct 30 in West Palm for one of the best, fuzziest and loudest bands out right now?  A Place to Bury Strangers is playing that night, will drive over to the show if I can get someone to go w/me.......  Let me know and we can chat....meantime, check em, I've seen them, you wont be disappointed.......   myspace.com/aplacetoburystrangers

• October 8, 2010 9:22 PM CDT
    • Any other Peorians Checking this excellent revolution in Sounds and culture? I need a room with a drummer and a bass player.

• October 8, 2010 5:22 PM CDT
    • Serious commitment.
      Willingness to tour/record, play out of area.
      Transportation.
      Influences include:

Delta Blues (Charlie Patton, Robert Johnson, Son House)
      Led Zeppelin
      MC5
      Raconteurs
      the Gun Club

If you are the right person for the job respond by e-mail or call Ryan at 518-477-3343.

• October 6, 2010 5:53 PM CDT

• DammitDave said:

I'm there for both nights!
      Cool! Make sure to introduce yerself. Sam :)

• October 6, 2010 5:24 PM CDT
    • I'm there for both nights!

• September 30, 2010 5:36 PM CDT

• DammitDave said:

I'm glad to see you're playing in St Louis, too. I missed you guys last time. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Who's openning in StL; Nevermores, Blind Eyes, 75s...?
      Hey Dave! We're playing the Beat N' Soul Fest at Off Broadway. We're doing the Saturday 11/6 show. Full lineup is at beatnsoul.com

• September 30, 2010 4:58 PM CDT
    • I'm glad to see you're playing in St Louis, too. I missed you guys last time. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. Who's openning in StL; Nevermores, Blind Eyes, 75s...?

• September 10, 2010 7:51 AM CDT
    • Hey Sam, My email address is mr.friday3238@yahoo.com I hope everything works out! Thanks, Larry Mondo Topless said:

Hey Lawrence,

Elle is interested in booking you guys with us. They've got another band booked already (Muddy Udders from WI; really cool instro). Looking for still a 2nd Chicago band to round it out (4 band bill).

Message me with your email address and I'll get her in touch with you.

Sam :)

Mondo Topless said:
      Thanks! I'll run it by Elle...

lawrence galvan III said:
      My band,13 Tikis(Formerly Wraygun), is from Chicago and we've played in Reggie's before.
      We're a surf, instrumental band.
      Lawrence Galvan III

• October 2, 2010 8:07 AM CDT
    • Everything Alex said

• October 2, 2010 7:15 AM CDT
    • Other Music, Generation Records, Kim's, Bleeker Bob's, Rockit Scientist, Academy Records (Academy Annex in Brooklyn is better).

Other Music is my absolute favorite. Also Academy Annex in Brooklyn is incredible. Brooklyn has a ton of very good record stores. Generation is big on punk/metal. Kim's has a bunch of everything. Bleeker Bob's and Rockit Scientist have a lot of cool older stuff, especially punk and old rock 'n' roll, but Rockit Scientist is occasionally pricey.

• October 2, 2010 3:15 AM CDT
    • Hi
       spending a few hours in Manhattan next week
      Any used vinyl store you would recommend. I remember quite a couple in the village who had lots of vinyl, bottlegs, 45s, ... but I'm talking mid 80s.
      I'll go to Subterranean for sure but i lost track on the old used stuff.
      Thanks
      Eric

• September 29, 2010 3:36 PM CDT
    • Please contact me if you're in the SE Michigan area, as far as Lansing and Flint.

I live in Ypsilanti. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

I just wanna try to meet up at shows and other events, or if you're in bands we should play some shows together. 

thanks, 

KK

• September 29, 2010 2:20 AM CDT
    • i taught dave irony on tour! DammitDave said:

Thanks to everyone for the big turnout on this (especially Kopper - sorry I was so busy and didn't get to say hi). The whole tour was a great success.

• September 28, 2010 2:09 PM CDT
    • Thanks to everyone for the big turnout on this (especially Kopper - sorry I was so busy and didn't get to say hi). The whole tour was a great success.

• September 25, 2010 10:34 PM CDT
    • Edge of Panic is a 80's-style hardcore band from Seattle.  Over the years we've all been in "garage-punk" bands, and we remain fans - but Edge of Panic is pure hardcore.  Anyway, we're looking for show in the Seattle area and beyond for October, November, and December. We prefer all-ages shows and DYI, but we are open to anything. We'll play house parties, schools, whatever.  If you are involved in booking shows, please check us out at edgeofpanic.bandcamp.com or myspace.com/edgeofpanic.  Thanks for considering! Oh yeah, I should mention we are OLD, but that won't stop us from rocking the scalp off some teenagers if given the chance.

Right now we are playing:
      10/30 Federal Way, WA - punk rock house party - open to all
      11/13 Bremerton, WA - The Charleston
      11/27 Seattle, WA - The Funhouse

• September 22, 2010 4:12 PM CDT
    • looking for guitars bass or whatever you got. influences are real punk rock n roll. i'm actually a guitarist but due to an apparent shortage of "punk rock" drummers i play both. i'm no fuckin professional so keep that in mind. dedication is more important to me than experience, so if you're new to your instrument, then we'll have something in common. if not that's cool too. i got a practice spot in the nw burbs. respond here.

no assholes

no egos

no bullshit

thanks, sam

• September 19, 2010 7:36 PM CDT
    • With The Spook Lights, Fag Cop, and Strong Smells... but since I don't wanna type it all over again, I'll just post a link to the event HERE.

• September 11, 2010 6:40 PM CDT
    • Edge of Panic will be there - but not on stage...

• September 11, 2010 4:50 PM CDT
    • I've never really been much of a people person. Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

Kind of a morbid way to put it but yes I'll be there.