Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• September 10, 2010 12:07 AM CDT
    • Kind of a morbid way to put it but yes I'll be there.

• September 9, 2010 9:29 PM CDT
    • Celebrate 9/11 in Seattle with The Gories.

• September 9, 2010 10:26 PM CDT
    • Hey Lawrence, Elle is interested in booking you guys with us. They've got another band booked already (Muddy Udders from WI; really cool instro). Looking for still a 2nd Chicago band to round it out (4 band bill). Message me with your email address and I'll get her in touch with you. Sam :) Mondo Topless said:

Thanks! I'll run it by Elle...

lawrence galvan III said:
      My band,13 Tikis(Formerly Wraygun), is from Chicago and we've played in Reggie's before.
      We're a surf, instrumental band.
      Lawrence Galvan III

• September 7, 2010 1:09 PM CDT
    • Thanks! I'll run it by Elle... lawrence galvan III said:

My band,13 Tikis(Formerly Wraygun), is from Chicago and we've played in Reggie's before.
      Lawrence Galvan III

• September 7, 2010 12:13 PM CDT
    • My band,13 Tikis(Formerly Wraygun), is from Chicago and we've played in Reggie's before.
      Lawrence Galvan III

• September 6, 2010 8:57 PM CDT
    • Hey there!

We (Mondo Topless) are booked at Reggie's in Chicago Friday November 5th.  They're looking to add 2 Chicago locals to the bill (Muddy Udders, from Wisconsin are also on the bill).  Any cool Chicago bands worth pursuing?  Lemme know!

Sam :)

• September 8, 2010 11:37 PM CDT
    • Erratic has It for sure.
      Sometimes the garage wears track suits.

• September 8, 2010 5:10 PM CDT
    • There are garage bands from AZ? o: I'm from Tucson and there's no scene at ALL like that here!

• September 4, 2010 2:32 PM CDT
    • I'm in Seattle and trying to start a garage band. If this ever happens drop me a line.

• September 3, 2010 11:28 AM CDT
    • is there any rock and roll drummers in the csra (aiken, augusta, sc, ga etc.) if so please let me know

• September 2, 2010 5:31 PM CDT
    • Voodoo. Thanks for coming through. Donation made and tickets in the mail in about an hour from now.

Kopper, your welcome. You know, the HAMB (automotive) message board members regularly do auction style postings for artwork, services, or auto parts etc. to help defray the cost of that boards enormous traffic. Don't know how well donations and ads have been covering the new Ning fees, but that would be a nice thing to maybe see here from time to time if any bands or labels (or artists) are feeling generous.

• September 1, 2010 3:46 PM CDT
    • Great idea! Thanks, Mike.

• September 1, 2010 11:51 AM CDT
    • Cool Voodoo,
      Couldn't pm you, so sent a friend request with a message that has my e-mail address.
      -- Mike

• September 1, 2010 11:24 AM CDT
    • I can help you out!

• September 1, 2010 9:15 AM CDT
    • Ok, here's the deal. I have two tickets to see the Gories on Sept. 9th in San Francisco at the Independent. I'm not going to be able to make that show so I was planning on just eating those tickets as it doesn't look like a sell out or anything. But I thought I'd see if someone would be willing to pay $20 for the two of them and save themselves $20 off the face value and I in turn would make a $20 donation to the Hideout here. I'm still eating the cost, but at least someone will get to go to the show and also make a donation to this here site. The Payment would have to be through Paypal for this to work in this short time frame as I am located in Long Beach and would have to get those in the mail quick. The buyer could also make the donation themselves, but I'd have to try and confirm that and that and I'm afraid that may take too much time as the show is barely a week away.

Also, for your info, these are "print your own" tickets that I printed at home after purchasing on line. I realize that this type of post is usually supposed to be in the Trading Post forum, but as the end result is a donation for the benefit of this site I thought it'd be ok.

If you want these then post a response here and I'll get my Paypal email address to you. First post, first served.

• August 27, 2010 5:38 AM CDT
    • I don't think the Larimer Lounge promoted this show AT ALL. It wasn't listed in print, and the flyers sent forward were never posted!

• August 26, 2010 8:15 AM CDT
    • Thanks for the heads up, would have missed this show otherwise.

• August 24, 2010 8:08 PM CDT
    • At the Larimer Lounge! Gentleman Jesse and his Men from Atl, GA., awesome powerpop à la Exploding Hearts / the Nerves!! and from Atl, GA. Barreracudas, totally revved up rock n roll!! With Denver's own beloved Goochi Boiz and the Lust-Cats of the Gutters. This show is NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

• August 26, 2010 8:02 PM CDT
    • Is there anyone from the area that wants to give it a go? I'll send more info and
      samples if you are interested. Thanks!

• August 24, 2010 10:01 PM CDT
    •  The Queers are holding a contest for bands interested in opening for them on their upcoming tour, which involves Ramones covers and video...

Here is a link for details: http://www.asianmanrecords.com/contest.php

• August 24, 2010 8:13 PM CDT
    • Hi! There's a cool show tomorrow night at the Larimer Lounge if you are interested! Maybe I'll see you there, S. David Alexander Niehoff said:

Ah some fellow Denver folk eh? Hello all! Sucks I missed the show, but I'm down for any future shows.

• August 24, 2010 8:12 PM CDT
    • Great snapshots! The show was amazing. And opening was Denver's own Reverend Dead Eye, with his new three piece band Broken Spirits. Don't know if they've been out that way, but if you get a chance don't miss 'em! swt said:

How was it, Sara? G.G.'s right about the Santa Fe show.

I wrote about it here and my photos are here

REV. BEAT-MAN SHOW 7-15-10

• August 22, 2010 10:13 PM CDT
    • The Violent Shifters are looking for a new guitarist for our garage/punk greaser band! We play Monsters covers and originals and have drums,bass and vocals and gig mostly in the Twin Cities(MN) area (clubs,basements, car/bike shows) but are interested in touring in the near future and hope to record a record by the end of the year!

Here is a link to our Myspace page: www.myspace.com/theviolentshifters

• August 20, 2010 11:12 PM CDT
    • St. Louis show: Wed. September 22 at the Crack Fox (formerly 2 Cents Plain downtown) w/ The Nevermores and Hippie Repellent. Can't wait!