Forums » Continental U.S.

List of newest posts

• January 20, 2011 4:24 PM CST
    • I still want to rock!!! Hope all is well, working a regular job now and starved for jam/rock/general musical psychoticness.....let me know what's up with you.  Elisa

• January 5, 2011 11:38 AM CST
    • What part of Florida are you in. We are actually an Alabama based surf/garage band but are looking to do some things on the panhandle in the spring.

• January 17, 2011 7:06 PM CST
    • Hey guys, figured this'd be the place to put this up; I'm looking for a drummer in the Boston area to play some trashy garage rock with; I'm going to hit the usual places(Daddy's, other music stores) and put up some ads, but I figured one more ad online couldn't hurt.  Hit me up if you're interested.

• January 5, 2011 2:12 PM CST
    • just realized my profile picture was taken in Memphis...  

Kill, Baby...Kill! said:

Excellent. We certainly will. I cannot wait for this weekend. I hope you have a safe trip in.

• January 5, 2011 2:06 PM CST
    • Excellent. We certainly will. I cannot wait for this weekend. I hope you have a safe trip in.

• January 5, 2011 2:05 PM CST
    • Let's talk on Saturday, i knew a few folks...

• January 5, 2011 12:13 PM CST
    • how bout contacting the good folks at Goner records?

• January 5, 2011 11:40 AM CST
    • Kill, Baby...Kill! is an Alabama based surf/garage band that is looking to get up to Memphis in the spring after the release of our upcoming EP. However, we have yet to make a decent connection up that way and, as far as we can tell, it seems to be a pretty closed scene. If there is anyone who can help us out or send us in the right direction, we would greatly appreciate it.

www.myspace.com/killbabykill

• January 7, 2011 2:24 PM CST
    • Jukebox Zeros, a garage punk rock 'n' roll band from Philadelphia, PA, are looking for a new bass player.

Here's where we are comin' from musically:
      Ramones, Replacements, Iggy & The Stooges, New York Dolls, Rolling Stones, Humpers, New Bomb Turks, Sonics, Nuggets, Bomp Records, Surf Music.

We have been together for 8 years, are on a record label (Rankoutsider Records, http://www.rankoutsiderrecords.com ), have 6 records out (1 live record, 1 studio record, and 3 e.p.'s), a number of compilation appearances, and just released a new 4 song vinyl ep in November 2010.

Some bands we've opened up for:
      Mudhoney, The Cramps, The Dickies, Agent Orange, Electric Six, Tommy Stinson, and Fleshtones to name a few. We've also done various touring around the country on our own.

We are looking for someone who:

* Has their own bass gear and transportation.

* Can commit to practice once a week. We have a safe, secure and affordable practice space in South Philly (you will have to help kick in for rent monthly).

* Is comfortable collaborating in the song writing and arranging process, and if you can also sing backups, even better.

* Be able to play shows in Philly and out of town.
      99% of our shows are on Fri. or Sat. nites, and we primarily play in the PA, NJ, NYC, MD, and DE areas, about 1 - 2 shows
      a month. There is the possibility for long weekend jaunts out of town (Thurs., Fri., and Sat.) for
      shows, and always the possibility of more touring in the future.

* Is responsible, enthusiastic, and fairly ambitious.This is a hobby for us, but we take it seriously.
      Must be able to hang out, have fun, and have a good sense of humor too.

We want to try out bass players a.s.a.p., so if interested, go to our Facebook or MySpace page and check out our
      songs and contact Peter to set up a time to try out.

http://www.jukeboxzeros.com
      http://www.facebook.com/JukeboxZeros
      http://www.myspace.com/jukeboxzeros

e-mail: contact AT jukeboxzeros DOT com (put "bass player" in subject header line)

Flakes and poseurs need not apply.
      Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours.

• January 3, 2011 10:35 AM CST
    • Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. 

Please keep in touch. 

• December 29, 2010 6:35 PM CST
    • I'll be DJing at a bar called Liar's Club (1665 West Fullerton Avenue Chicago, IL 60614-1919) with two friends.  It's our second annual New Year's Eve-Eve - balloon drop, champagne toast, and fun. We do this for all of the industry folks who have to work NYE, but everyone is invited and there's no cover.  Starts at 9PM!

• December 29, 2010 3:16 PM CST
    • Gallery Cabaret (cheap, fun dive bar) in Logan Square has particularly wild open-mic nights on Thursdays ...

Kuma's Corner in Logan Square has the best burgers ever served by tattooed beauties with a nice atmosphere of doom/stoner/speed metal and kung fu movies ...

Reckless Records in Wicker Park, duh

Briew & View screens double/triple features of movies, accompanied by food and drink, etc.

Ah, Chicago... land of food, music, and drank!

: )

• December 29, 2010 3:05 PM CST
    • Hello, one and all -

I'm taking a road trip with some friends to Chicago tomorrow (from the Detroit area).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do.

I'll only be there for 24 hrs, so it would have to happen tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday morning.

thanks,

KK 

• December 30, 2010 4:09 PM CST
    • Adam Bones + The Danvilles + Repeater + Verna Beware at Silverlake Lounge TONIGHT! :)

• December 30, 2010 9:47 AM CST
    • Any good show recommendations coming up in LA? 

The Growlers tonight at Echo is going to be phenomenal. 

Tickets are on sale for the Crocodiles at Detroit (Costa Mesa) on Jan 27th. 

• December 29, 2010 2:10 PM CST
    • I hope to make it!

• December 23, 2010 5:13 PM CST
    • hey man, my band th'EMPIRES is coming thru, we're from Indiana, would you be able to help us out with a couple shows in Austin on the 7 or 8th of January?

here's a link to our stuff:

www.thempires.com

i can certainly help you out if you venture north

thanks

Eddy

• December 16, 2010 3:53 PM CST
    • Well. I know this studio in my neck of the woods that has an Otari 1/2". I know the fidelity would not be the same as a 1" but maybe that would be alright considering we are blues-punk-garage-rock. It would just be nice to have the option of 8 tracks on 1 inch tape.

• December 16, 2010 1:13 PM CST
    • I live in Westchester and can rent you my 4 track :)

Too bad you can't travel a little further. I highly recommend Fidelitorium Studio in North Carolina. 24 track on 2" tape mixed to 1/4" . We just recorded there. Sounds like a million bucks.

I don't think too many studios have the 1/2 inch and 1 inch machines anymore. You're best bet might be to find a protools set up with the latest plug ins...People say they sound pretty good.

• December 16, 2010 12:56 PM CST
    • My band is looking to record an album on good ol' fashioned tape. Would anybody suggest any good garage punk studios that use 8 track, analog technology, etc.? BTW I live in upstate NY but would be willing to travel 3-5 hours (example, NYC, NJ)

• December 10, 2010 10:05 AM CST
    • The Queers are playing at Reggie's in Chicago this weekend. I want to check out some of the punk shows at The Mutiny and Lucky Gator, also in Chicago.

• December 9, 2010 11:27 AM CST
    • I play in Baltimore's longest lasting surf/garage band, Garage Sale, and we could probably play that night, but we don't exactly have much of a draw in Baltimore anymore, especially on a weeknight. There's some much younger folks these days who do though. Seek out Thee Lexington Arrows, or their side projects.