Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• January 5, 2012 8:26 PM CST
    • It's from episode #62 for reference.

• January 5, 2012 8:24 PM CST
    • Just listened to an older episode of Flying Saucer Rock and Roll and Dan Electreau closed it out with this track.  Does anyone know where one can find this??  Would love to find this gem of a tune for FM airplay.   Cheers!

• January 5, 2012 8:25 PM CST
    • I never heard you guys, but I like it.... Good punk stuff.

Justin Scarred said:

Is it bad if I suggest my own album? The Scarred Live Fast Die Poor

• January 5, 2012 8:24 PM CST
    • Love The Creation!

SarahJayne said:

The Creation - we are paintermen

• January 5, 2012 8:23 PM CST
    • Love the Nomads!

Thomas Marshall said:

The Nomads - WHERE THE WOLF BANE BLOOMS (MLP) Amigo AMMP 302/1983

• January 5, 2012 8:10 PM CST
    • Building up an order... The hideout comps aren't helping my budget much.

kopper said:

Here's one you probably don't have, but is an amazing live recording from a Minneapolis band who was around in the late '70s playing wild & raucous garage trash when no one else was! It's insanely good...

http://www.bompstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=11972

• January 5, 2012 8:09 PM CST
    • I have 5 favorite albums within every day.

Mark George Harrison said:

This week, cos im playing the shit out of it in the car, my recommendation is 'the Outsiders' CQ. simply stunning! next week it will be something completelt different, hell tomorrow could be!

• January 5, 2012 2:49 PM CST
    • This week, cos im playing the shit out of it in the car, my recommendation is 'the Outsiders' CQ. simply stunning! next week it will be something completelt different, hell tomorrow could be!

• January 5, 2012 7:05 PM CST

• Bald Bill & His One Man Band said:

The footage isn't bad, but it's arguably the worst "music" I have ever heard. And I've listened to Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music.

Billy

• January 5, 2012 3:05 PM CST
    • How do you top that!!!!!!! Funny creepy and bad all rolled up in one.

Here, back to the minor league bad.

• January 5, 2012 11:04 AM CST
    • I wouldn't say this is the worst video I've seen myself, but it might make the list for others. I find it quite hilarious, but then again I have a warped sense of humor. 

• January 5, 2012 9:49 AM CST
    • Damn, the douchebagification of country music contained in one music video.

• January 5, 2012 9:08 AM CST
    • Ugh, tell me about it...I was going to say pretty much ANY video that gets shown on CMT is pretty damn bad...

SarahJayne said:

This one is pretty bad. Text book definition of suck.

• January 5, 2012 8:19 AM CST
    • This one is pretty bad. Text book definition of suck.

• January 5, 2012 4:50 PM CST
    • Also , the insanely underrated Gale Garnett (Who did two fine sorta Lite Psych albums.)
       is also all over the "Mad Monster Party?" soundtrack. I never heard about an Animals connection to "The Sorcerers" , but , I'm going to look into that !

The Cats Eye said:

The Sorcerers 1967 with Boris Karloff.
      The club scenes are from a club called Blaises in Kensington and the band are said to be The Animals.
      Maybe someone could expand on that.Some great psychedelia from the psychedelic mind machine.

Mad Monster Party 1967 great puppets,score is garage psyche pop jazz.
      Will check out all the above.
      RIP R D S.

• January 5, 2012 3:09 PM CST
    • Here's what I'm looking forward to in the first few months of 2012:

Sonic Avenues - Television Youth

Xray Eyeballs - Splendor Squalor

Royal Baths - Better Luck Next Life

Terry Malts - Killing Time

Hunx - Hairdresser Blues

Gentleman Jesse - Leaving Atlanta

Spiritualized - Sweet Hearth Sweet Light

• January 5, 2012 9:47 AM CST
    • Hmmmm... should I? Oh, why the hell not!

Click here for extraordinary compilations (Vol. 7 hopefully coming soon, too).

• January 5, 2012 9:24 AM CST
    • It's a shame! Last year I overlooked just  too many good records and artists...

Here are the ones I know so far for the upcoming months:

January:

Guided By Voices - Let's Go Eat The factory

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory

February:

The Lemonheads - Hotel Sessions

The Grimes - Visions

Frankie Rose - Interstellar

No Date:

Verlaines - Untimely Meditations

But what about Bandcamp releases? What about extraordinary Compilations?

• January 5, 2012 2:24 PM CST
    • Yeah, I've got an iPod, too, I guess I'm just too lazy to put all the podcasts on it and bring it with me... especially for just a 15-minute drive to work. I usually just listen to our local community radio station (KDHX) or NPR. :)

• January 5, 2012 12:11 PM CST
    • I do listen to GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my dirty rusty car via an old tape player (and a little grey i-pod) !!!

See, I've listened to El Tocadiscos Salvaje #7 today !!!

kopper said:

Hey, if I could figure out a way to tune into GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my car, I'd have it on all the time!

• January 5, 2012 11:36 AM CST

• Ray Klein said:

I can fit about a dozen of GP podcasts on a disc; that stays in my car's disc player always.

Mina said:

I blast music during work actually :D On my breaks, sometimes podcasts as well. :-) Yeah it's necessary, other wise I'd be cranky as hell. So first thing in the morning, coffee/tobacco/music. 

• January 5, 2012 11:35 AM CST
    • I can fit about a dozen of GP podcasts on a disc; that stays in my cars disc player always.

Mina said:

I blast music during work actually :D On my breaks, sometimes podcasts as well. :-) Yeah it's necessary, other wise I'd be cranky as hell. So first thing in the morning, coffee/tobacco/music. 

• January 5, 2012 10:57 AM CST
    • I ended up buying one of those 120G ipods to enable my ADHD music obsession! It's big enough to supply a continuous mix of music (and podcast). 

Mina said:

• January 5, 2012 10:41 AM CST
    • Are there no smart-phone friendly apps that would let you stream during you drive? If not, someone needs to engineer one! 

kopper said:

Hey, if I could figure out a way to tune into GaragePunk Pirate Radio in my car, I'd have it on all the time!